TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Who? by Rowanrose

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: So, those of you who are reading my other story know who the girl is.

Those of you who aren't, It really doesn't matter whether you read my story to figure this out (although it's be nice if you did and left some reviews).

It's basically a short story about a girl who lost her memories.

Please read and review.
The river swept by with a dizzying swiftness, underneath the black haired girl’s feet. Her dark eyes stared into the water unseeingly, and absently she dropped a stick into the water. The water swept the stick away in its arms, cradling it safely, and then smashing it into pieces against the riverbank.

‘Who am I?’ the thought flitted by in the raven haired girl’s head so fast she hardly grasped it. A deep sense of loneliness and longing descended upon her. ‘A river’s child, am I? Brought to my current family by the current?’

She turned around, leaning back on the railing, looking at the sky. ‘I read a story like this once. A child was brought to a loving family by the river.’

She thought of the grumpy old man who took care of her, and that thought brought a smile to her face. ‘Loving family?’

She thought of the older boy who took care of her, at times not seeing her but only his deceased sister. ‘Am I her replacement?’

She slid to her knees, clutching her knees to her chest. ‘Was I unwanted?’

Tears pricked the corners of her eyes as she thought this dreadful thought. ‘Was I loved?’

This made up for it.

‘Why was I thrown to the river’s mercy?’

Onyx eyes traced the flight pattern of a small bird.

‘Why do I not remember!?’

Sadness crushed her heart. ‘Do I have parents?’

‘Do I have siblings?’ she perked up at that.

‘A brother? A sister? Two of each?’

The mind conjured up images.

Laughter rang through the air.
‘How funny! Luna, I don’t think they’d have such long noses or small eyes!’

A small tiger, Luna presumably, emerged from the bushes by the side of the stream, and sat haughtily by the girl’s side. ‘That looks like you!’

The image faded. ‘That does not!’

A sweeter, handsomer image of two drop-dead-gorgeous kids of each sex appeared. ‘There. That’s how they’d look like.’

The tiger cub sat up and stretched, thinking. ‘Really? Well then, you didn’t inherit any of their looks did you?’

The girl blushed. ‘Hey!’

There was a shout. “Kokoro!” It was spoken by mouth not by mind.

A boy came running towards the tow, closely followed by another.

The brown haired one said, “Run, quick, Gramps is having us tes out his awful food pills!”

The silver haired one added, “And Ryu’s helping!”

They pulled the girl to her feet, saying, “No time to wallow in your sorrows, run!”

The girl seemed surprised, and the silver haired one told her, “Do you think we’re blind?”

There was a shout from far behind them. “Run!” and the four of them took off, the boys dragging the girl, who was, by the way, laughing and crying both, and the tiger bounding after.

The one thought that ran through her mind before she was caught up in the thrill of escape was, ‘I have my family right here.’

-‘But it’d still be nice to meet my other one.’