TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Nothing but Wrong Turns by Demonflare13

[Reviews - 3]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Annnnnnnnnd here comes chapter 2!
I'm working on honorifics and all that in this one....they're a little more complicated then I though....anyhow, enjoy!
Clancey was sitting in a room, her legs tied and directly in front of her and her arms tied behind her back. She was glaring at a certain group of ninja with a glare that, only she could do.
“You know....that’s not going to do anything....” Said Sakura, being very blunt.
“Shut up....I’m trying to concentrate.” Replied Clancey in a curt tone.
“...Why?”
“I’m trying to blow you all up with my mind.....” She gave them a crazy look.
Naruto and Sakura stared, and began to slowly back away.
“I’m.....going to go get Kakashi-sensei!” stammered Sakura. She left quickly.
“I’ll come too!” Naruto followed. They left Sasuke. The only one in the room who could challenge Clancey when it came to glaring.
She then made a weird, shocked face, “No way....not right. Holy crap!” she put her head down in a ‘fail’ position.
Sasuke raised an eyebrow and shook his head, “Idiot.” was all he said.
Clancey’s head shot back up and she pulled her legs towards her body, then back out. She was scooting over to her backpack.
Sasuke looked away for a split second to see if Sakura and Naruto were coming back.
Clancey grinned. Her hands, now untied came around and she easily cut the ropes with her nails--which had somehow become amazingly sharp. She was on her feet in an instant. She dashed over to her bag and looked at Sasuke.
“Adios, duck butt hair!” She laughed, waving and jumped out an open window. That was the one flaw the gennin had done....left the window open.

Clancey was so freaked out. She ran like the devil was after her. She didn’t even know she could run that fast. She then noticed something. A new scent. It was familiar but different. She went even faster.
Clancey quickly turned a corner and collided with something--or someone.
“Oh my god! I’m so sorry!” She said, shaking her head. She had fallen on the person. Shaking her head and looking down, Clancey saw a pair of sunglasses staring up at her. All she could do was stare.
“Ha. Whose this, Shino? I didn’t know you had any girls friends!” Came a coarse voice.
Clancey jumped to her feet and covered his mouth, “shhhh!”
The boys eyes narrowed as he stared at Clancey. He was tempted to bite her hand.
“I see her!” Came the yell of someone up the road.
Clancey turned around and saw Naruto.
“Damn! These guys are persistant!!!” She sighed and took her hand off of Kiba’s mouth. “I’m sorry about running into you! But I gotta run!” With that, she ran away from them.
“was....she related to you Kiba-Kun?” Asked the girl who had been with the two boys.
“I’ve never seen her before.” replied Kiba.
“You let her get away!” Yelled a flaming Naruto, shaking Kiba angrily.
“Whoa! Calm down!” Said Kiba, “You’ll wake Akamaru.....” He paused for a long moment and patted his chest. Nothing. He then put his hand to his head. Once again....Nothing.
“What’s wrong...Kiba-kun?” asked Hinata after a long moment.
“She stole Akamaru!! Arrrrgh!” He yelled. His head snapped to the direction Clancey had went in and he dashed after her.

Clancey had stopped running near a small lake. She was pacing, “Why am I here!? I’ve gotta be dreaming! This is all a book!” She then smelt something.
It was followed by a bark.
Clancey had been freaked out so much, she hadn’t noticed a dog on her shoulder. She picked him up and looked at him, “I know who you are....You’re Akamaru.”
The dog barked happily. Clancey patted him.
“I remember you from my book. You look just like my dog! Except his ears are more pointed then yours and he’s black.”
Akamaru tilted his head and barked again.
“Really? How?”
He barked.
Clancey smiled crookedly, “I suppose you’re right.” She set Akamaru down, “But I can’t chat for too long. I need to wake up.”
She looked at a tall tree and had an idea. She walked over to it and jumped up. She stared for a long moment, “Yeah.....defiantly a dream.” She stared down at the ground, about ten feet below here. “Okay...If I jump, the shock will wake me.”
Akamaru easily jumped up next to her and gave her a strange look and barked.
“Well, it’s quite rare that I just happen to fall into this.....world. So, I’m dreaming.” Clancey looked back down at the ground. Her instincts told her not too. She started to walk off, then stopped. She just stood there was one foot in the air and the other on the branch. ‘Jump....no....wait....don’t jump...yes...jump!’ was all that was going through her head as she moved her foot back and forth.
“Aw screw it.....I’m too much of a wimp to do it.” She sat down on the branch and Akamaru sat down beside her. She looked at him, “Kiba is probably looking for you...”
Akamaru nodded, then barked.
“......I don’t know.” Replied Clancey, “I’m just the way I’ve always been....apart from these amazing athletic skills! I’ve never been able to run or jump like this before! This makes me never want to wake up!”
Akamaru barked again.
Clancey just shrugged and grinned. She patted Akamaru on the head, “Here they come~”
“HEY! Give me back Akamaru!” Kiba dashed out in front of the tree. He was pointing and looked obviously furious.
Akamaru barked and jumped down to Kiba, who easily caught him.
Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura , Shino and Hinata soon joined him.
“You’re coming back with us!” Snapped Naruto. He jumped up next to Clancey and there was an almost immediate crack.
Naruto looked to the left, Clancey to the right and vice versa. There was another crack and a jolt in the branch. The two looked at each other. Naruto immediately jumped upward as soon as the branch broke but...Clancey didn’t have the same speed and went with the branch. She fell in a bush, her legs sticking straight into the air. She groaned and they slowly fell.
Akamaru barked and jumped over to her.

Akamaru sat beside Clancey’s head and licked her cheek, “Thanks...” She mumbled. He barked, having a slightly smug look on his face.
Hinata came into the bushes and held out her hand, “Are...are you okay?” she asked, stammering.
Clancey paused and sat up, taking her hand and pulling herself up, “As good as I’m gonna be I guess...” She felt the glares of team seven on her. She looked at them, “You know, if you take a picture, it’ll last much longer.”
Kiba walked over to her and sniffed. “Hmm....If Akamaru trusts you, I guess you’re okay.”
“That doesn’t change the fact that she could be a spy.” said Sakura, being very smug.
“I’m not a spy!” Yelled Clancey, looking frustrated, “I just wanna find my dog and go back to Canada.....”
Everyone gave her a weird look.
“Didn’t she say that earlier?” Said Sakura
“Can....ada?” Asked Naruto, “Where’s ‘Canada’?”
Clancey just stared. She went to say something then stopped.
“She’s crazy...let’s just take her back to Kakashi.” Said Sasuke, giving her a serious look.
Clancey walked over to Sasuke and glared at him, “Wanna go, duck butt head?”
Sasuke glared. Naruto and Kiba burst out laughing.
“She’s totally right!” Laughed Naruto.
Clancey put up her hand and Naruto high-fived it.
She looked over to Kiba, Shino and Hinata, specifically at Shino, “I’m sorry again about running into you...”
“...That’s the third time.” He said.
“Well, it never hurt to make sure they know.” She stated, grinning, “By the way, I’m Clancey...Pleased to meet you.”

Mean while, team seven were conversing.
“I like her!” said Naruto, whispering.
“....I don’t think we can trust her.” Hissed Sasuke, “She seems like she’s nothing but trouble.”
Sakura just nodded.
“She doesn’t seem so bad though! Just...different.
“...What are we talking about?”
The entire team jumped at their sensei who had his head stuck into the circle.
“She’s a spy, sensei!” said Sakura, pointing to Clancey.
Kakashi examined Clancey for a moment, “....Oh! Your the one who I caught earlier! Yeah...I have some ne-”
“excuse me...” began Clancey.
“We need to catch her again! She’s unstable! She thinks she’s from a place that doesn’t exist!” continued Sakura
“Excuse me?” She said it a little louder.
“But she doesn’t have any proof...”
“EXCUSE ME!” She yelled it this time. Everyone looked at her, “ONE! I do have proof! Two, I am not unstable. Three I am NOT a spy!”
Kakashi sighed, “Yes...well, to the ne-”
“Prove it.” sasuke cut in. Kakashi gave him a very exasperated look.
Clancey had a smug grin. She took off her back pack and unzipped it. She began to look through it. After a bought a minute, she just dumped it out, emptying all the pockets.
Clancey picked up a postcard that clearly said ‘Canada’ on it in red letters, completed with a picture of scenery and a moose. Kakashi took it from her and she began to put everything back into her back pack.
When Clancey had finished, she paused and shrugged, closing the backpack.
“Yeah...well....I believe her.” said Kakashi. He then looked at Kiba, Hinata and Shino, “Kurinea is looking for you three...”
“Oh crap! We’re late!” said Kiba.
Shino just sighed.
“See ya, Clancey!” Said Kiba, in a better mood then when they had first officially met.
“Nice meeting you...C-clancey-chan.” added Hinata, being quiet, “Bye Naruto-Kun.”
Shino said...nothing.
With that, team eight left.
“Yes, now too my point...Hokage-sama gave me some interesting news....” said Kakashi, pausing for a moment.
Sasuke and Sakura kept looking over at Clancey, glaring often. Clancey scared Sakura away with her own glare but, Sasuke was a challenge. The two were staring at each other, little sparks flying.
“Are you two done?” Asked Kakashi, putting his head between theirs.
Clancey jumped slightly then nodded, “Sorry...”
“So anyways, our new friend here,” Kakashi pointed to Clancey, “Needs to come with me so we can talk to Hokage-sama.”
“....Are we sure?” asked Clancy, feeling a little intimidated by the jonin and the fact of meeting the hokage. She smiled sheepishly.
“....Very.” He replied, smiling...or...at least she thought he was by the way his eye went.
“Do we need to come?” asked Naruto, smiling widely.
“......No.”
Naruto frowned.
“You guys have the rest of the day off!” Exclaimed Kakashi. He then looked at Clancey, “Come on. We can’t keep Hokage-sama waiting.” He began to walk off.
Clancey was hesitant but, eventually followed him.

“I guess those three gave you a bit of a hard time.” Commented Kakashi, as he and Clancey walked back to the village.
“.........No. Not at all. They just tied me up, dragged me around on my ass, and made me fall out of a tree....” She said sarcastically, “Yes, actually....yes they did.”
Kakashi laughed slightly, “Do you think we can run the rest of the way?”
“......O....kay?” She replied, after a moment. Clancey wasn’t sure if she would be able to keep up.
“Go ahead.”
Clancey started off with a standard run, arms going. Kakashi easily passed her,
“Can you go any faster?” He asked, after a moment. Clancey was someone who enjoyed a good challenge. She jumped forward slightly and, instinctively put her arms out and began to run on all fours. She got past Kakashi. She laughed slightly.
“Don’t get cocky.” Warned Kakashi. Clancey looked up and saw him pass her in the trees.
“I’m not getting co-” She slammed into a tree, “....ky...” She fell backwards and shook her head, “Now....I so could’ve seen that coming.” She rubbed her forehead.
Kakashi stopped and looked down at her, “Come on.”
Clancey pushed herself up and scrambled up a tree like a monkey, her sneakers scraping against the bark. She clung to a branch and thought about it for a moment. Her sneakers would be totally useless. She looked up at Kakashi and pointed up her index finger, signalling for a minute. She untied her shoes and took off her socks, jamming them into her back pack. Clancey wiggled her toes and jumped to her feet, “It’s on, old man!” She then said, and leaped forward. She landed on a branch and kept going.
“You’re pretty good...for a beginner.” Commented Kakashi, slowing down to make sure she didn’t kill herself.

“I brought her, Hokage-sama.” Said Kakashi, stepping into a room. He had taken Clancey to a large building and lead her to the room.
“Well, then bring her in, Kakashi!”
Clancey peered in around Kakashi and saw an old man behind a desk. A smile slowly crossed her face, remembering something she read about him....his perverted moment when Naruto stole the scroll. Kakashi then moved out of the way, revealing Clancey, fully. She smiled sheepishly, “Um...Hello.”
“Please come in. We won’t bite.” said the Hokage.
“Apparently she does.” said Kakashi ,looking at Clancey.
She gave him a blank stare, “One time.”
The Hokage laughed, “What’s your name?”
“....My name’s...Clancey...” She replied, taking a few steps into the room.
“Pleased to meet you.” The Hokage smiled, “Now, do you know what village you’re in?”
Clancey thought for a long moment, “Uuuuuuuummmmmm..........Oh! The leaf!” She exclaimed, remembering the books, “Kohona!” she hit her fist into her hand, “Yep. That’s it. I’m in Kohona.” She had a smile of satisfaction on her face as she nodded.
“Yes. That’s right.” The Hokage looked away from Clancey’s face and down to a necklace, “May I see your necklace?”
Clancey paused, and looked at Kakashi, who nodded. She slowly took it off and handed it to the Hokage. He examined the pendant for a long moment, twiddling it in his fingers. The pendant was basically a fan. The top was red but, the majority of it was white.
“It’s engraved on the back.” he said.
“Um...yeah. I could never read it before though. I had a friend though who tried to translate it as....‘Don’t forget where you came from.’...It’s a little weird.”
The Hokage nodded and handed the necklace back to Clancey. She put it back on.
“Okay! Well, it’s settled! Kakashi, take her to see Iruka. After that, you know what to do.”
Clancey looked at Kakashi. The Hokage made it sound like she was going to get killed or something.
Kakashi looked at Clancey, then at the Hokage and nodded, “Yes, Hokage-sama. Let’s go.”
Clancey paused as Kakashi began to leave. She looked at the hokage and nodded slightly before following him.

“Soooooooooooo....why do I need to go see this Iruka one?” asked Clancey, as she and Kakashi walked down a street in Kohona. She was getting a lot of strange looks.
“You need to pass the test before you can be excepted.”
“Aaaaaaannnnnnnddddddddddd, what exactly does this test entail?”
“You just need to make a clone of yourself.” Replied Kakashi.
“And how do I do that?”
Kakashi stopped, “Make this hand sign and concentrate on making a clone.” He said, showing her. Another Kakashi appeared, “Now you try.”
Clancey did the hand sign and closed her eyes and concentrated for a long moment. Smoke surrounded her.
Kakashi was watching, his arms crossed, ‘Let’s see if it actually worked....’ he thought.
When the smoke cleared....There was one regular Clancey and one...half dead one. She stared at it and sighed, “I don’t think that that’s a pass...is it?”
Kakashi shook his head.
“....damn.”

Kakashi lead Clancey to the most likely place--Icharuka’s.
He walked in, leaving Clancey to tap her foot out side and sniff around. She pouted slightly, she missed her friends.
“Kakashi, if she just learned the jutsu today, I doubt that she’ll be able to pass the test.” there were voices a few minutes later.
Clancey had gotten bored and taken out a book. She looked up. When no one was there, she looked back down and continued reading. There was no title on the front, just a little shuriken symbol. She flipped through the pages, stopping about half way through,

‘Kohona. Team seven. Consists off:
Uzumaki Naruto: An energetic boy with a single goal: to become Hokage. He is very hard headed and enjoys ramen. All thought he may not show it, he is very loyal and will do anything to protect his team.’ in front of that sentence was a picture of Naruto.

Clancey looked up again. Still, no one. She looked back down.

‘Haruno Sakura: A young girl with low fighting skills. Most of her skills lie in nin-jutsu. She graduated at the top of her class and is very kind. She has feelings for Uchiha Sasuke and is a long time rival of Yamanaka Ino.’
There was a picture of Sakura.

She looked up a third time. What the hell was taking so long? She went back to reading.

‘Uchiha Sasuke: A member of the esteemed Uchiha clan, he is very skilled. He often brushes off his team mates and rarely shows his true feelings.He;s very popular with the female population of Kohona but, acts as though he doesn’t notice.’
There was a picture of Sasuke.

Finally, the fourth time Clancey looked up, Kakashi was there. She shut her book and put it in her backpack, “What took you so long?” she asked.
“I just had to explain something to Iruka-san.” He replied, looking as though he was smiling.
Clancey looked around Kakashi to a brown haired man with a scar across his nose. He smiled at her.

“Hello. You must be Clancey.”
Clancey nodded, “Hi Iruka-sensei.” Kakashi moved out of the way.
“Kakashi says that you’ve been trying to do the bunshin technique.”
Clancey nodded and Naruto stuck his head out of the shop.
“Hey Clancey-kun!” He said, smiling with a noodle hanging from his mouth.
“Naruto-kun!” She exclaimed, “I’m taking an entrance test!”
“Really? Do you want to see the kage bunshin?”
Clancey looked over to Kakashi and Iruka. The two nodded their heads. She looked back to Naruto who hopped out of the shop and made a hand sign.
As he was doing the jutsu, there was a slight flicker of color in Clancey’s eyes. There were soon three Naruto, smiling smuggly.
“You try.” Said Iruka, encouragingly.
Clancey gulped and made the hand sign. She concentrated really hard for a long moment and, then there was a poof of smoke. When the smoke cleared, Clancey was standing there, rubbing the back of her head and smiling sheepishly. There were two others there also.
There was a long period of silence and she did a double take, not believing what she saw.
“I......I did it?! Oh my god! I did it!” She put her arms in the air and did a bit of a dance, hopping from one foot to the other, “I did it~!”
Naruto joined in, happy for his new friend. The clones disappeared as the two danced like idiots.
“I guess she passed.” Said Iruka.
“She did very well....for only the second time.”
Iruka gave Kakashi a weird look, “Only the second time?”
Kakashi shrugged, “Clancey, you are now the newest member of team seven.”
Clancey was shocked and her eyes lit up, “Newest member? You mean....I’m no the team?”
“That’s what I said.” Replied Kakashi.
Clancey looked at Naruto and the two were grinning, “Did you hear that?!” She was almost yelling.
“We’re on a team!” Added Naruto.

Kakashi looked at Iruka, “Can she stay at your place tonight?” he asked.
Iruka paused, “Why?”
“Hokage-sama told me to find her a place to stay.”
Iruka nodded.
Kakashi walked over to Clancey and set his hand on her shoulder, “You’ll be staying with Iruka-sensei’s tonight.” He said.
Clancey twisted her head over towards Iruka, “Is that okay?” She asked. He nodded.
“But if you’re going to come, come now.”
Clancey looked at Naruto, then at Kakashi.
“Come and meet the team tomorrow okay?” Said Kakashi.
Clancey nodded.
“Good bye Naruto-kun.” Said Iruka, waving to him and walking off.
“Bye bye!” Yelled Clancey, walking backwards and waving to Naruto. She was keeping good pace with Iruka and turned to him when Naruto had waved back.
“You sure this is okay, Sensei?” Clancey repeated herself.
“You’re pretty quick to call me sensei, don’t you think? I haven’t taught you yet.” Laughed Iruka.
“Aren’t I supposed to? You are a teacher. Anyways, Naruto called me kun....”
“...That is a little different. It’s just how he sees you at the moment.”
Clancey nodded slowly. She then made a weird face, “I’ve always been talking so weirdly since I got her. My words seem different but so familiar.” She laughed, “Just imagining things.”
Iruka just laughed, “You’re not from here but it comes naturally. Well, we’re here.”

Iruka got Clancey set up on a couch.
“Good night.” He called from his room.
“Night!” added Clancey, sitting on the couch with a blanket. She flicked on a little light on a table and began to read.