TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Duality - A Love Story, of Sorts by LadyOfTheNephilim

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Okay, I'm going to rant here. I've posted this on another site, one that I won't name. I got flamed to all hell. I always had a thought, what would happen if my Guild Wars characters got thrown into the Naruverse? Well, this is what I'd imagine to happen. Yes, this IS a crossover. No, this probably isn't the most insane crossover you've ever seen. I'm not too fond of most crossovers either, but, hey. I don't claim myself to be the Goddess Of All That Is FanFiction, but, this IS fanFICTION. Nothing is impossible in FICTION. If you want to write the most insane Twilight/Naruto/HP/Bleach crossover ever, go for it. Sure, it's not plausible, sure, it's insane. But, it's fiction. Yes, this IS going to be OOC. What fanfiction isn't? I haven't yet met an author who can stay perfectly canon even in a pure canon fiction, and it's even harder when you insert an OC. Constructive, keyword "Constructive", criticism, is always helpful, but flaming crap like "OMG YOU AREN'T CANON," and "OMG 'so-and-so' WOULD NEVER SAY THAT!!!!!" doesn't help anyone, and just makes you look like a jerk. Seriously. It's fiction. Did Kishimoto ever say that a portal to, say, Forks, Washington could never be opened? That members of the Akatsuki could never fall in love? If he did, point me to it, please. I never recall anyone laying down laws that said certain things could NEVER happen. Sure, it's unlikely. But, how is it any less realistic than summoning hundreds of clones of yourself, or being immortal? If you're going to flame me for being OOC, world-meshing, or putting in a OC, please, go jump off a cliff. I never said this was going to happen, or likely to. It's fiction. I know plenty of great fanfiction writers that have been shot down because they aren't canon.

But, anyways. Blah blah, I don't own Naruto, blah blah. ArenaNet owns anything from Guild Wars, including Tydus, but Schuyler and Aisilynn of are my own creation. Props to ANet for making an AMAZING game, the plot is just great, a lot of story for a relatively young game. If it isn't Aisilynn or Schuyler, I don't own it. If you want to use my girls, which I doubt, just contact me. I'll always say yes if you credit them to me. This is one of my first stories, but don't feel the need to be gentle. Like I said before, as long as it isn't a flame or anything saying I'm not canon, blah blah blah, it's appreciated a lot.

Well, enough of my ranting, please read and tell me if you liked it or not. This is only chapter one, if I get some reviews, I'll write the second chapter. Thanks!

_________________
“Tydus!” a female voice yelled, “You and Schuyler take half of the platoon south. I will take the other half north”. The woman speaking looked to be around 5'6” ft., with brown hair tied up in a bun. She had a sharp, angled face with deep green eyes that glared with confidence. Dressed in nothing more than boots, cloth pants and a jacket, she looked incredibly frail to be commanding an army, however small it may be. “Yes, ma'am!” the others saluted. The man named Tydus was tall, taller than the woman, but couldn't have been over 6 ft. He was garbed in a chain mail vest, pants and helmet, like the other soldiers. The one named Schuyler was a female, with cropped black hair, wearing a dress. She was a bit more muscular than the other woman, but not by much.

Tydus and Schuyler began to head south as the other woman began to head north, both accompanied by their respective group of soldiers. The area they were in was foreign to them, but was reminiscent of their homeland. Grassy fields, trees everywhere. There wasn't much scenery, perhaps a river or two, accompanied by a bridge, like the one north of the group's pathetic, makeshift base camp, comprised of leaves and broken trees. The woman who was apparently in command didn't make it far until she was stopped in front of said bridge by two strange men, both dressed in black cloaks adorned with red clouds. The woman narrowed her eyebrows, and one of the men, who was a short man, face covered with a hat, practically growled “Who are you, and why shouldn't we kill you now?”. The woman simply relaxed her expression and smiled. “I'm Aisilynn. Aisilynn Lutgardis. Why shouldn't you kill me? Honestly, would you really hurt a poor, frail thing like me?” She tried playing the “pity me” card, something she didn't pull off well. She was too cocky to make it believable. The two men looked at each other. The other man, a tall blonde with hair pulled back in a ponytail, a large chunk of it covering his left eye, was the one who spoke up this time. “Right. What village are you from, Aisilynn, un?” Aisilynn looked confused. “Village? I was born in Ashford, south of Ascalon City, if that's what you mean...” She trailed off. Her once confident smile had faded. She was never a big fan of confrontation, at least of the verbal type. Fighting she had no problem with, but talking was another story. “Maybe we should just kill the girl now, Sasori no Danna, un?” Aisilynn's smile returned. Now, here was something she COULD do.

This entire time the soldiers following her had just been standing there, knowing their leader could take care of herself, but now they stood stiff, waiting in dreadful anticipation for an order. Aisilynn, however, was relaxed. She'd never lost a battle before, but then again, she usually started from a ways off, these men were practically in her face. If one of them got a good shot at her before she could cast her wards, she'd be dead meat. It didn't help that both of these men had an aura of power around them, she could sense it, it was nothing like she'd sensed before. But, she decided that she'd better get the worst over with. If she got a head start, then maybe, just maybe, she could win this. “Stand down, men”. One of the soldiers protested, “But, milady...” Aisilynn sighed. “That wasn't a request, soldier. Send one of your men to find Tydus and Sch-” She was cut off by the shorter man, apparently named Sasori. “Others? There are others with you? Tell me, girl, where are you from, and who exactly are you people?” As if psychic, Tydus and Schuylar appeared, followed by their assigned troops. Tydus' face was hard, several lines forming upon his brow. Aisilynn sighed, and began to speak. If they were going to fight, why not get it done? “We... Aren't from around here. Well, I can't really say that, since I'm not entirely sure where 'here' is. But, we are a small group sent out from the Kingdom of Ascalon. A portal was supposed to take us to the neighboring land of Cantha, but we got thrown here instead. Now, as long as we're playing 20 Questions, I'd like you to tell me who you are and where the hell we're at”. The shorter man spoke. “First off, woman, if you continue to speak to me in that tone, I will NOT hesitate to kill you. You are in a small town outside of Konoha, the Hidden Leaf Village. My partner and I are members of the Akatsuki... A... Local organization, you might call it”. Aisilynn raised an eyebrow. Konoha? Akatsuki? She'd never heard of it, and judging from the looks of the others, they didn't know either. “Right,” She began, “Well. You wanted to fight? Go ahead. Attack me. I'm giving you a free shot here. Wait, here's an idea. I want to show you something. Try to... Slit my wrist. Go on, don't tell me you're scared of a little girl,” The two men looked at each other again, and the short one pulled out a kunai knife, and ran it across the girl's outstretched arm.

The blade didn't even touch her. Instead, a cut appeared through the man's cloak, digging into what appeared to be... Wood? The blonde man's eyes narrowed. Aisilynn simply smirked. They'd screwed themselves by not killing her before she could set up her barriers. The two men again looked at each other again, they'd been doing that a lot in the short time they'd been there. Aisilynn wondered if they were linked somehow, like she and Tydus were. She tried on many occasions to block him out, and sometimes succeeded, but only temporarily. She never could find a way to cut the ties for good. The blonde man spoke again. “She seems fairly powerful, Sasori no Danna. Maybe we should take her to see the leader, un”. The short one, apparently his name was Sasori, simply sighed and muttered a “Fine”.