TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Space Between Lines by Leo Vulpes

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: There actually might be some slight spoilers for those who don't read the manga, and those who do, can you guess?
The Space Between Lines

Prologue: Is It Not I You Seek?


In the Konoha hospital, two sleeping babies with a horrible past even before they were conscious of the world around them, slept with their thumbs in each others' mouths instead of their own.

Plain brown hair, whisped on top of their head, matching seals on opposite hips, and skin that angels would go to hell for. Such innocent expressions, not aware of the shadow looming over them.

Red, spinning eyes look upon their resting place, a hand reaching out to grab them and take them away. These thoughts were not out of cruelty, but to save them from a fate that none should wish upon their greatest enemies.

"Ah, good to see you're here, Uchiha-san, and the young Uchiha-san. Welcome as well, Hyuuga-san, Inuzuka-san."

In a flash, the shadow has left, for being found out, means certain death.

The door swung open and five men stepped inside, behind them, a single girl with blood red hair followed.

One man stepped up to the crib, and picked up a child, waking them both, causing simple brown eyes to snap open with the sudden separation. The man held the child up, as the wails poured out of the newborn’s mouth. “Her name shall be Akiko, the future of Konoha. A breed of shinobi like no other. And her sister shall be Kiako, nothing but a mere copy of her sister who took the life of my beloved with her first breath.”

Kiako, from the crib, started to wail as well. Suddenly, brown wolf ears unfolded from the tops of their heads as they were awoken fully and crying together, and the view of brown wolf tails were in plain sight- one on each child.

The Hyuuga looked scornfully at the babies. “Ichiyo-san, what is the meaning of this? These children are demons.”

The man, now assumed the father of these children, lowered Akiko, but kept her separated from her sister. “A price to save the village, and a boost to the genes. Not only will they have the eyes, strength, and senses of the Hyuuga, Uchiha, and Inuzuka, but they shall have the blood and aid of demons to carry them on.”

The Hyuuga looked away in disgust. “This has gone to far Ichiyo-san. We were lenient with your parents for their crimes of conversing us and the Uchiha to you. And we were nice enough to let you marry and have offspring with the Inuzuka, but adding demons to our blood is a disgrace. We will not let these children in our midst, and neither are you allowed.” And the man walked out, the redheaded girl’s eyes following him as he left in a huff.

“No! Do not scorn them for what their parents have done!” The redhead cried out, turning around and tugging on the Hyuuga’s robes, trying to stop him from moving.

The older Uchiha scowled, taking the girl by the arm and slapping her across the face. “When we took you in, we had an agreement. You are to behave properly, and no longer consider yourself in a high enough rank to speak in such ways to your elders, are we clear Kathedril? You are no longer Chiyotakara blood.”

The redhead nodded, her face stinging and tears beginning to form at the corners of her amber eyes.

The elder Uchiha shoved her away and the younger Uchiha caught her in his arms, making sure she did not fall down and the elder scowled at him as well. “Do not treat her such, Fugaku. She’s a mere peasant girl now, take her back to the house.”

Fugaku nodded, releasing Kathedril and leading her out, the Hyuuga already gone.

The Inuzuka walked over and picked up Kiako, stroking the fur of the ears. “Though taking us further into the minds of dogs, wolves, and canines alike, if this has taken the life of one of our own, we cannot accept them. Sorry Ichiyo-san, if she were still alive, we would take them. Especially since they are more of our blood than any others.” And with that, the Inuzuka set Kiako back down and left, leaving the Uchiha elder and the father alone.

The Uchiha turned to the father, an eerie smirk placed upon his face. “This, however, does not displease me one bit Ichiyo-san. Power is capable through them, and with two, it shall be perfect. I will take them into our clan, under one condition.”

The father looked up hopefully, Akiko still wailing away for her sister. “Anything.” He murmured.

“When Akiko reaches the stage where she earns her Sharingan, Kiako must give her eyes up to her sister.”

Outside the window of the room, the figure from before let tears slide from his eyes for the first time since his brother had given his life and eyes to him, back when everything was at war. But the war had never truly ended.