TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Way Life Goes by crystalbaby101

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Mmmkai like it said in the summery this was my cousin's story originally (yes I'm animeangelspet's cousin) but I decided to adopt and rewrite it slightly. So it's a bit better and I've written more chapter up and stuff so i hope you all enjoy.

Thank you so so much mrk33 for being my beta!! You're the best!!
It was a wonderful morning. The sun was already high in the sky, birds were chirping, all was quiet in the house. Sasuke was having a wonderful dream about blood, gore and missing limbs. Well, okay wonderful for him, maybe not to everyone else. Suddenly Sasuke was rudely wakened by a loud knocking on his door.

"Sasuke if you don't get out of bed right now I'm throwing a bucketful of water on you!" His older brother yelled through the door. "I'm up!" Sasuke snarled. Grumbling, he gathered his books, and shoved them into his bag before leaving his room heading into the kitchen.

"I made pancakes!" Itachi sang as he placed the plate in front of younger brother. Sasuke, rose an eyebrow as Itachi pranced around the kitchen. "You had coffee." Sasuke calmly stated as he began to eat his breakfast. There were very few things that scared Sasuke, a caffeinated Itachi was one of them. The last time Itachi had coffee he was in a pink apron singing the Baka song at the top of his lungs. Needless to say, Sasuke had a couple of sleepless night after that.

"With extra sugar!! Do you want me to drive you to school?"

"No, no I'll drive myself. Don't really feel like getting into a car crash today." Sasuke grabbed the car keys, and made his way out of the house. "And don't you dare have any more coffee!" Sasuke called over his shoulder as he slipped into the black sedan. Driving carefully out of the driveway he glanced over the garden before driving towards the school. Even though school wasn't far at all Sasuke preferred to drive instead of walking. It was easier to avoid fan-girls. '

Stupid bitches attracted to my looks and money.' Sasuke thought as he neared the school.

Konoha High School. The most popular school in town, known for it's gangs and cliques. What Sasuke hated about the school the most was if you didn't act the part, look the part, know the right people, or if you weren't rich enough then you're ignored or treated as trash. Sasuke sighed as he parked his car in the schools rear parking lot. Double checking the locks, Sasuke pocketed his keys and walked to his first class.

"Sasuke-kun!" A shrill voice cried, making Sasuke want to turn on his heels and run. He almost did if it wasn't for the fact that a certain pink haired girl latched onto his arm.

Haruno Sakura, the one person Sasuke hated the most. She was the president of his fan club, and she was annoyingly persistent. She was one of the most popular students in the school, and what she says goes. Sasuke forced the pink haired girl off his arm, and sat down in his seat at the back of the class. No body dared sit next to him since he was also one of the most popular students at school. He nearly sighed in relief when the door opened and everyone went to their desks immediately. Now you might be wondering, "Where's the bell?" Truth be told the bell had long gone off before Sasuke had reached the school. The teacher was always late and never once had gone to class on time. Yep you guessed it. Kakashi-sensei. The silver haired teacher walked into the class and went to his desk quickly.

"Sorry I'm late guys but a swarm of butterflies attacked me and I barely came out alive!"

"LIAR!" Kakashi was about to say something when the door opened again, and a blond haired boy walked in. He wore a black tank top that showed off his sculpted muscles and black baggy pants with chains attached. On his arms were white bandage wrappings (Like the ones Lee wears only it's only on his arms and not on his hands.) But what attracted Sasuke the most were his eyes. Blue eyes that could see into your soul, and freeze it. Blue eyes that showed hidden sadness, and anger.

'Like me.' Sasuke thought with wide eyes. Kakashi stared at the blond with shock.

"Na-Naruto?" Kakashi gasped. "Why are you here?" The blond gave him a slip of paper, which Kakashi quickly read before nodding. "Well guys it seems we have a new student. Why don't you introduce yourself, and tell them your likes, dislikes and dreams." The boy gave Kakashi a look that said, 'I'll do it only because I have to but I would rather skin myself alive but I don't have anything sharp.'

"My name is Uzumaki Naruto. I don't like anything, I dislike everything, and I don't have any dreams, and don't plan on having any anytime soon." Kakashi, sadly stared at Naruto for a long time before clearing his throat.

"Right. Thanks for sharing. Why don't you sit in the empty desk beside Sasuke?" Naruto nodded, and walked past the desks towards the back, the chains on his pants clanking together. The whole class was quiet as they stared at him. The blond ignored their looks, and quietly slid into the seat beside Sasuke. "Okay where were we yesterday? Oh, yes we were discussing poetry. Okay so for today I would like you to each write a poem about anything you wish." Everyone groaned as they took out a sheet of paper. '

Great I have to write a poem? What am I going to write about?' Sasuke thought. His eyes drifted over to Naruto who was already writing. He stared for a long time before turning to his own sheet of paper, and began to write.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Naruto's P.O.V.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I didn't want to go to this school. I really didn't. Why would I want to go to a school full of rich snobs who will only stare at me, and talk behind my back? Even worse was Kakashi was in my school. I didn't mind Kakashi but he was a friend of my parents so whenever I looked at him I'm reminded of them. He obviously remembers me if the look he gave me means anything. Probably shocked on how much I've changed. Damn now he wants me to write a poem and the Uchiha won't stop staring at me! Uchiha Sasuke... If what I've read is true then his parents also died, and he lives with his older brother. Yeah that's right I've read about all the people that I'm going to be stuck with. I am NOT going to a school full of brats without some kind of dirt on each, and every one of them. Kyuubi was actually the one who suggested it. Kyuubi is part of my mind that appeared when my parents died. Whenever I had a panic attack, or went into depression he would take over so I don't cause any harm to anyone. I guess that makes me insane doesn't it? Great I'm mentally insane. I wonder what's for dinner...

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Normal P. O.V.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Okay put down your pencils and pens. I want you all to read what you've written so far. Sakura you’re first." A pink haired girl jumped a little before clearing her throat.

"I want to be with you,
To marry you,
For you to love me.
It's pointless to run,
For we were meant to be,
So stop running my love."

Silence. Complete and utter silence.

'I think Haruno just came up with a new type of torture.' Naruto thought as he checked to see if his ears were bleeding.

"That was...something. Naruto your next." Naruto glared at Kakashi, making sure that the oblivious teacher knew he was pissed off.

"Hiding the pain,
With a mask.
Trying to be something,
When you're really nothing.
Fighting hard against darkness,
For the light that doesn't exist.
Desperate to hold on to the rope,
Called sanity.
Inflict pain on yourself,
Yet still living.
Not letting anyone know who you are,
Scared of getting hurt even more.
Soon becoming an empty shell,
Slowly withdrawing into yourself,
Until you are nothing.

Throughout the poem Naruto kept his eyes on Kakashi for only he really understood the poems meaning. When Naruto finally finished Kakashi stared at him long, and hard along with most of the class.

"Naruto see me after class." '

Great. Peachy. This just going to be so much fun.'

::What do you expect? He's going to be scared that you'll try to kill yourself again.::

'He knows I can't kill myself. Anyway when did you wake up, Kyuubi?'

::Eh, around the torture.:: Naruto nodded, and noticed that Sasuke was staring at him.

"Can I help you with anything?" Naruto snarled. Sasuke looked surprised before glaring, and looking at Kakashi. Naruto rolled his eyes and did he same. When the bell finally rang, Sasuke quickly left with the rest of the class, and was halfway through the hallway when he realized that he had left his bag under his seat. He quickly turned around, and was about to enter the classroom when he heard Kakashi and Naruto talking. Eager to learn about the blond Sasuke listened.

"So Naruto it's been a long time. How have you been?"

"...Living."

"Ah that's really good. And how's your uncle?"

"Orochimaru is fine. I'm fine. Everything is fine. Now what the hell do you want?"

"I haven't seen you since your parents’ death which apparently you haven't gotten over quite yet." Sasuke's eyes widened and he listened even more intently.

"I'm over it. I was always over the fact that they are dead. Their deaths have actually showed me many things. Now if all we're going to talk about is their deaths then I'm leaving." Sasuke chose that moment to walk in looking completely innocent.

"Sorry for interrupting but I left my bag here." Naruto inwardly groaned when he saw the evil glint in Kakashi's eye.

"Ah, Sasuke just the person I wanted to see. Why don't you show Naruto around the school at lunch today?"

'I see what's going on. He wants me to be closer to Sasuke in hopes that I'll make a "friend” stupid idea.'

::Well Kakashi wasn't exactly known for his brilliance now was he? There's a very good reason for that.:: Sasuke looked at Kakashi suspiciously then at Naruto who looked like he was spacing out.

"Hn"

"Good, good. Why don't you show him to his next class now?"

"Fine." Naruto glared at the two of them before walking out of the class with Sasuke. Sasuke looked at Naruto, and promised himself that he would find out everything about Naruto.
Chapter end notes: Crystalbaby - SO there you go the first chapter. This will be updated weekly so that will give me time to finish the story in my notebook. SO see you all next week