TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Worlds Apart by Artic Blade

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Two
Backdoor Hacker


Heading off on a Digital Trip
And that’s what I plan to do.
Going away to a Digital Plane
And I ain’t coming back real soon.

The whole thing is electrical.
It’s running through my veins.

I’m going Digital.
Completely Digital.
Now I’m invincible.
Let’s all get Digital.

‘I’m Going Digital’
The Digimon Movie Soundtrack



And it was in that pivotal moment that the fate of the Universe was changed. The Dimensional Walls, damaged by the war of the Elementals and the Trainers, split momentarily. Realising that the war would destroy the Universe, Palkia and Dialga, the mythical lords of Space and Time; took the World from the Dimension that was newly opened and took it to this, our, Dimension. Celebi, the Monarch of Time, and Jirachi, the King of Space each then commanded their subjects, though it weighed heavily in their hearts, to take all the Elementals from the new world and imprison them within technology. In penance for their actions, the humans of that world had their magic taken from them and were left to their own imagination.
The Myth of the Pokemon War, from the Book of Uxie


The Digital World was unique in that its appeal was not on the outside, but on the inside of its technology. Since the creation of the ‘Internet’ and Network Connections, the clumps of Data within the systems had merged together to form an entire world within a world. Creatures, large and small, known as Digital Monsters, or Digimon, infested the World, relying on the outside influence of the ‘Users’ in order to survive and evolve.


“Today, many Scientists are unsure why the Data Clumps act this way. The fact that any Data piece will instantly fuse with another has been a source of interest since the creation of computers, and soon these clumps were named ‘Ghosts’. These ‘Ghosts’, once large enough, seemed to form its own personality, often interacting with other programs. With the introduction of the Internet and Virus-Scan programs, these ‘Ghosts’ have all but disappeared from everyday computer systems, but can sometimes be found in computers without adequate protection.”

Looking up at the teacher, keen interest in his blue eyes, Takeru, or just TK, nodded and took notes on his paper. The fact that he had had dealings with these ‘Ghosts’ and interacted with them almost daily fuelled his interest in the subject. Almost ironically, one of these ‘Ghosts’ was in the room right now, in T.K’s backpack, actually. The Ghost, or rather, the Digimon, went by the name of Patamon, and was currently peering out of T.K’s bag, listening to the lecture with interest.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Crest of Hope has Awakened, situated within the realm of Magi-Earth. Five candidates for the Crest are being chosen as we speak. Are the Trials ready?”

Giving a soft ‘Mew’, the Pokemon God waved its hand one, last time over the pool. The pool shone back at the Pokemon as the final Trial was completed, and with a sigh, Mew closed its eyes, as if tired, before levitating itself over the pool. It looked skyward, seeming to communicate silently with the dismembered voice that could be heard throughout the Chamber of the Gods.

Yes. Within a day, the Seekers will be taken to their respective Trials. I am summoning the Patrons as we speak. They will be there momentarily.”

Nodding once, Mew waited in silence. Minutes passed and as they did, the Chamber began filling with nine other creatures. Once ten beings were in the Chamber, Mew took its position on its own platform. Once there, Mew clapped once and as it did, the darkness outside the Chamber changed. Dotted around the pedestal the Gods were on were several others, shimmering with different lights. It’s bright, blue eyes surveyed its work from afar.
Around the platform, three symbols began glowing. The first, that of three triangles arranged to form one, larger triangle, yielded an impossibly beautiful woman with hair that cascaded like water. A strange, archaic symbol drew the Dragon Lord, Bahamut into existence, while the final one, a picture of a yellow sun, exploded outwards; an eight-winged angel stepping out of the light that poured from the pedestal.

Bahamut, the leader of Spira’s Gods, the Aeons, revelled in his draconian form, wings outspread. His arms crossed across his massive chest, Bahamut was the very image of power and majesty, the sense of power rolling off of him in almost visible waves.
Beside him was the more passive, but equally impressive figure of Seraphimon. Seraphimon’s domain was in the Digimon World, where he had attained a position that made him the guardian spirit of the entire Digital World. Where Bahamut’s power had shone, Seraphimon’s beauty filled onlookers with a sense of beauty unparalleled by any other in the universe.
The final deity, Nayru, the Hylian Goddess of Wisdom, was present to represent the sacred trinity of Goddesses as a whole. While in that chamber, Nayru controlled, not only her own, limitless wisdom, but also unbeatable power and endless courage. Together, these three essences formed the very stuff that was needed for the coming moments; magic in vast amounts of power to hold the edge between darkness and light.
Sharing a brief look with Mew, the three Gods’ eyes met; a brief moment passing as they communicated without words. With no warning, they transformed, turning into vast balls of energy; purple, gold and blue respectively. Seeming to gather it’s strength, Mew underwent a similar transformation, turning into a ball of pink light, joining the other deities in their roles as guardians, and activators, of the Trials of the Crests.

The first batch of Crest Seekers, the Seekers of Fire, would come from the world of Hyrule. However, there were certain people who would also undergo the Trial, yet, now belong to Hyrule or Termina. Bahamut approached this Trial with his power outstretched, purple tendrils reaching out to envelop the five platforms that would play host to the Trials of Courage. Where they had once been a stark white, the platforms slowly began changing colour, eventually becoming the deep red of a wisp of flame. Upon the platform becoming completely colour, the central platform, the other four forming a square around it, shot a beam of red energy into the endless sky. Miles up in the air, it spontaneously exploded, sense jets of light in all directions of the sky.
The Trial of Friendship was energised in a similar manner. Nayru’s power seeped into the material of the platforms, tainting it a vivid, sapphire blue. The platforms, arranged in the same pattern as the Trials of Courage, began pulsing as they reached their peak, eventually sending out a similar beam to the Courage Trials, this one a brilliant blue. Water began pouring from the tops of the platforms, pouring into the endless abyss of the darkness that the trials were near.
Flying around the Trials of Love, Mew looked towards Seraphimon, catching its eye as it similarly looked over at the fellow god. Drawing close together, the two Gods, kitten and seraphim, touch, their hands barely brushing each other when they turned a blinding white. Where the two bodies had been distinctly separate, they melded together, the light fading to reveal a tall, armoured figure that had pink skin, white armour, wings and a tail. In its new form, the fusion raised its armoured paw, sending out a wave of pink light that infused the Trials. Slowly, the wave began descending in a visible mist around the Trials, blocking the view of nothingness that below the Trials. A pink streamer was drawn out, combusting itself and spreading around the Universe to summon the seekers to complete the Trials.

Back and forth, the Gods gave their powers into the Trials, placing enough magic into them to stop time, and prevent anybody who died near them from passing on. Below, the darkness pulsed, sending out various tendrils as it began searching for the new sources of power that were now near it. As the dark tentacles came close to the bottom of the Trial of Sincerity, a green vine snaked out, slapping away the adventurous nothingness.
Looking down at the darkness, Nayru, Bahamut and Messiahmon simply watched it, plainly trying to figure out if the darkness would envelop the Trials before it was time.
But it seemed the answer would be no, because, as one, the three disappeared from sight. Below, the darkness pulsed as it was deterred yet again. In time, the darkness would advance, but now would not be it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The pulsing of the school bell jolted the blond-haired boy out of his sleep. Wiping a hand over his face, and to his disgust, learning he had drooled slightly, he sleepily swept everything on his desk into his bag, walking out the door with the rest of his school mates. He was still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes when he walked out the entrance of the school. The students of Mulwaree High were chattering happily, and making their own plans for the weekend. Since it was Friday, Matt could easily understand their excitement, which extended to feeling it first hand.
Emotions pulsed around Matt, and like an emotional sponge, he soaked it all in, fighting to keep track of his own feelings among the turmoil of emotions that filled him. Empathy, the ability to feel the emotions of others, wasn’t the easiest magical power to master.

Walking to a secluded area, Matt looked around, ensuring that no-one was watching him. Once he felt safe, he relaxed inwards, and without warning, his surroundings changed from the brick walls of his High School, to the less safe surroundings of his own home. As usual, he was the first home, and as usual, he took advantage of that, quickly raiding his sister’s stash of two-minute noodles. By the time his sister came home, the evidence of his deeds would be missing, and hopefully half digested.
Five minutes later, Matt was stirring the flavouring into his noodles, staring intently at them as he wandered towards his room. When something moved on the horizon of his vision, he looked up, and blinked at the small, black creature that stood in front of him. The two stood, looking at each other, Matt assessing what was in front of him, and the creature, well, he had no idea what the creature was thinking.
Its claws flashed forward with a blinding speed as it abruptly broke the stillness. Thanks to years of karate, Matt’s reflexes kicked in, and the creature wound up with noodles on its head as Matt teleported himself behind it. There was no way he’d be able to defend himself if this was something magical, and there was a good chance it was.
Teleporting himself again as the creature leapt to the attack, Matt put himself beside his family’s Book of Shadows. Opening it up, he rifled through quickly, keeping an eye on the dark animal that was following him around the house.
As it came towards him again, Matt moved space and time again as he transported himself, and the Book, into his own room. It was smaller, but it’d take longer for the thing to find him.
Still sifting through the pages, a ‘pop’ made Matt look up, finding himself face to face with the creature once more.

That was when the Book jerked in his hands. Sprawling open, the pages rapidly flickered by, and stopped on a spell in the middle. Looking down, and trusting whatever magic that had just guided the book, Matt looked at the creature and began chanting his spell.

Light surrounding me, head that way.
In my presence, darkness cannot stay.
My heart will now set me free,
As the light makes shadows flee
.”

Pointing at the creature, a bolt of white light shot form Matt’s fingertip, engulfing the creature. Giving a silent scream, it writhed momentarily, before exploding into gobs of purple light. Now in an empty room, Matt sighed. The sound of the front door closing told him that his sisters were home, and for that, Matt was truly thankful.