TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Worlds Apart by Artic Blade

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter One
Radiant Light Surrounding You



Everybody wants to be a master,
Everybody wants to show their skills.
Everybody wants to get there faster,
Make their way to the top of the hill.

Each time you try,
Gonna get just a little bit better.
Each step you climb
Is one more step up the ladder.

Pokemon Johto
Totally Pokemon



The Pokemon World; an ancient world that still held the beauty of nature in every corner of the globe. Within the humid Hoenn, common Zigzagoons played with each other, eating the occasional berry and enjoying the sun, while it lasted. Within the Johto region; within the Dragon’s Den, a powerful trainer; the leader of all Pokemon Trainers of the region trained her Dragon-Type Pokemon, building them up to be the ultimate power. Dashing through the Kanto region, the mythical Suicune stopped suddenly beside a dirty pond of water, dipping her horn into the murky waters. Within five seconds, the water cleared, looking as clean and new as freshly fallen rain. Sailing in the sea of the Sinnoh region, Manaphy, the Prince of the Sea, protected an ancient temple submerged under the waters of the ocean.
And on Southern Island; one red-headed teenager was currently experiencing the worst thing any teen can; being woken up.

“Ok Sam, it’s past midday, and you’re getting up. That excuse ‘I was up all night training’ is not going to work this time. Now, get up.” Looking with bleary eyes at his mother, Sam raised his eyebrow, wondering if she was serious. “Don’t give me that look. Get up; you have a call coming long distance.”

That did it. Looking up more energetically, wondering who was calling him long distance; Sam dragged his reluctant body from his bed, following his mother out into the dining room. Picking up the phone, he let out a husky, ‘Hello?”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Within the Chamber of the Gods, one of the pedestals; the one with the picture of the pink, kitten-like Pokemon lit up, showing a vibrant blue. In response, the creature appeared on the pedestal, blinking as it became accustomed to its new surroundings.

The Trials for the Forger of Friendship are about to begin. The Pokemon World holds the most capacity for the Forger of Friendship, and as such, candidates are being selected to undertake the Trials.’

Giving a nod, the kitten let out a soft ‘Mew’. Waving its paw, the pool at the centre of the pedestal change from the smoky whiteness of clouds to the compelling call of everlasting darkness. Giving another wave of its paw, a speck of light appeared in the pool, growing bigger until it formed another pedestal, stretching out of nowhere. On the face of the pedestal; a vividly blue bird perched, its wings spread in a war-like pose; Articuno; the Titan of Ice and one of Mew’s personal servants.
Constructing the trials, Mew thought about what he was doing and how it would impact the Universe. Done incorrectly, the Trials would scare off the selected Forger of Friendship, and done too strictly, it would set the Forger too much into their path.

The Trials were to be held in one of the most dangerous, yet, safest, places in this, and any dimension. Right on the brink of eternal darkness, the Trials would be held on the border of the Realm of Darkness and the Realm of Light. It was dangerous, because one false move and anyone on the platform could fall over the edge to be consumed by the darkness. Safe because nothing would be able to kill anyone on the platform; It would be watched over by the creators of this Universe to make sure that the candidates were safe.
Finishing the first part of the Trials, Mew summoned up images of the candidates. They moved; as the images were showing just what the candidates, or, formally, the Crest Seekers, were doing at that point in time.
A man with black hair and a Pikachu on his shoulder was sitting and reading a book. The Pikachu seemed content to read the book over the man’s shoulder, and together, they made a perfect, contented picture.
The scene changed to a young girl with blonde and purple hair. She was currently polishing a Coperagon, who seemed to be buzzing its pleasure. In the background, a small, blue dragon was flying around the fan on the ceiling, making it spin fast as the air currents moved it around.
A red-head boy, with blond highlights was talking on some kind of machine. Cocking its head to the side, Mew felt a power calling to him. This boy was psychic, and Mew confirmed it when it saw another strange machine hidden within a band around the boy’s wrist, a machine designed to boost psychic powers.
On and on, images passed by, as Mew studied each of the Crest Seekers. When the pool went black, Mew nodded. Raising its head to look at a sky that wasn’t there, it opened its mouth, letting out a ‘Meeeeeeew!’ that seemed to echo through the ages.

As you wish.’

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Ok, great. I’ll see you then.” Removing the phone from his ear, Sam looked down at it as he hung up. Giving a sigh, he placed it back in its holder, trudging back to his room. Collapsing on the bed, he stared up at the ceiling, ordering his traitorous body to wake up. He had to admit, a bed, especially one that you owned, was definitely on your Top10 List of Favourite Things after nine months of travelling around, getting sunburnt and sleeping on the ground. Looking sidewards at his chest of draws next to his bed, a small smile appeared on Sam’s lips as he looked at the photos clustered on it; six Pokemon in a group, with Sam in the middle of them. An aquatic Pokemon, orange and blue, standing on its hind legs as it braced its front paws on Sam’s knee. A blue bird perched on Sam’s head, and a yellow sheep was just staring into the camera. Above the group, a cloud hovered, but if you looked closely, you could just make out a face. A small fox was posing aggressively next to Sam, while a small cat with wings hovered next to Sam’s head. It was Sam’s Pokemon Team, but this picture had been taken just before the Diamond League Competition. Since then; a lot had changed.
The blue, fish-like creature was Sam’s starter; Artemis. Artemis had been a Mudkip until the final round of the competition, where he had evolved into a powerful and fast Marshtomp. The cloud was Sam’s second Pokemon, Zeus, the Colombolos. The small cat next to his head was Angel; the Holipus. Leto was the small Eevee, who looked strikingly like her mother; Diana. The sheep was Helios, the Mareep, while the small bird was Hera, the Polienix and a present from Sam’s sister.

Sam’s reminiscing was very rudely interrupted in that, singular, moment when he was hit with a jet of pressurised and extremely cold water. Being pinned to his bed; Sam looked blankly at the ceiling as he tried to comprehend what had just happened.
A cackling laugh reached his ears, making Sam raise his head. Spying his ‘beloved’ and ‘true’ partner, Artemis, Sam’s eyes narrowed into a death glare that caused some part of Artemis’ brain to scream and die, resulting in Artemis continuing to laugh to himself.

“Ok, I’m up.” Sam groaned. Sitting up, he was shot back down by another blast of water. “I said I’m up!”

Giving a shrug, Artemis smirked. “Yeah, I know. Just getting rid of stress.” Walking off, the Marshtomp laughed to itself, obviously happy that it had succeeded in its project of waking Sam up.

Muttering, Sam wiped the water from his eyes. “Mental note;” He remarked to no-one. “Take Artemis to the Child-Care Centre and leave him there for the day.” Starting to shiver in his pyjamas, Sam looked around for the nearest pile of clean laundry. Grabbing his clothing, he got dressed in record time. As he was about to leave his room, he looked back at it; it was a mess, pure and simple, but now had water covering the entire place. Turning around with his hands on his hips, Sam frowned. Placing two fingers within his mouth, Sam let out a whistle that went throughout the house. Changing its pitch and tones several times, Sam finished a small tune; summoning one of his Pokemon. In response to his call, the room began filling with mist that collected in the centre of it, forming into the fluffy shape of Zeus.

“Hey Zeus, lunch is served.”

Giving a grin, Zeus stayed in place, floating over the drenched room. Satisfied with his actions, Sam left to look for his own food. Zeus, being a cloud, fed on evaporated water, meaning that he could dry the room faster than anything else Sam could think of right now.
The kitchen was in a similar state of disarray. All of the Sapphire children were home right now, which not only meant that there were five human children, but roughly twelve Pokemon to deal with as well; not counting the family pets; which added three more to the total. Blinking at the chaos happening just in front of him, Sam shook his head. The majority of the trouble was being caused by Artemis and Angel; Artemis throwing things at Angel and Angel avoiding them. Coughing to gain attention, Sam coughed for real when he got a ball of flour in the face.

“Ok, do any of you have respect for your leader?” He asked, wiping off the white powder and dusting off his clothing.

Nope.”

Naddah.”

Zip.”

Do we really have to grace that with an answer?”

Raising an eyebrow, Sam looked at Artemis. Ignoring the glare of his Trainer, Artemis grabbed another handful off flour, intent on throwing it at Angel when the half-full bag of flour suddenly flooded out of the bag on its own accord, covering the water Pokemon from head to toe in flour. Giving Artemis a triumphant look, Sam dodged his way through the Pokemon and into the kitchen. As he went through the crowd, various food articles and cutlery began floating around the kitchen. Doors opened up of their own accord, and the items put themselves away. As they were, other such things came floating out; all the stuff Sam needed to make his food.
And with that started yet another day in the Sapphire Household.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Samuel James Sapphire

Age: Sixteen

Alliance: Crest of Friendship Seeker:
Due to the effects of his life as a Pokemon Trainer, one of the key factors in Sam’s life is friendship. Experiences in the months since he became a Trainer have caused him to have Friendship as the leading force in his life.

Powers: Ambient Psychic Powers that radiate from a neighbouring Dimension. Previously, he had only Class 3 Powers, but since a breakage in the Dimensional Walls, his powers have bonded with his counterpart’s in that dimension and grown stronger.

Party:
Artemis, Marshtomp
Zeus, Colombolos
Hera, Polienix
Helios, Mareep
Leto, Eevee
Angel, Holipus

Achievements:
Ran the Rebel Efforts against Team Flora when they resurrected Gaios with the Seeds of Chaos. This led to his death, before the timeline was altered by the Wings of Council.
Top Eight at the Diamond League

Overall Ranking: 4th

Overall Report:
Sam is capable of handling the Crest of Friendship. He won’t be able to use it instinctively, but he will be able to use its powers after working with them for a minor amount of time. His value comes from his way of thinking; where he will often predict what is about to happen and reacts accordingly to it. Physically, he does not pose a threat, but mentally, his intelligence will prove an asset to the team.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The computer beeped within Twilight Town. Looking at this new information, a small, mouse-like creature nodded. This information had been sent by the Powers That Be, to him; so that he may react accordingly. Tapping a few keys, a picture of Sam, as well as his party and a further list of his achievements showed on the screen.

“Allied with a Heleon, recommended by Mew, naturally disposed towards the supernatural, impressive.” The mouse said to himself. Seeming to have finished with Sam, he clicked on the number ‘3’ along the side-bar of the screen, bring up another profile.

Name: Katrina Churchill

Age: Fifteen


Continuing to go through the names, the mouse bent his mouth to the side. “Let those who have the overall ranking of One through Five begin to undertake the trials.” He said, looking up at the roof, to an unseen presence.

As you wish.”