TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Mission to the Land of Coal by flipomatic

[Reviews - 13]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or anything to do with Naruto. I do own the Village Hidden In The Rainbow and the characters from it.
After seeing Temari, Shikamaru went to the hokage tower to get his mission information. After giving him his briefing papers, Tsunade proceeded to literally kick Shikamaru out of her office. After that, all he had to do was pack and go to the gate.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When Shikamaru got to the gate, he was only about ten minutes early. The only one there was Temari.
“Oy, Temari,” said Shikamaru.
She responded “Hi Pineapple Head. Did you get the information from the hokage?”
“Yeah I did. It was a drag.” Then, Naruto and Sakura showed up.
Naruto said” I am so ready for this mission. We are going to kick butt. What is our mission again?”
Shikamaru replied, “We are going to the new hidden village in the land of coal. We will be like immigrants. Our goal is to keep track of how the new village is building. We will also try to become “shinobi” for them to prove that we are trustworthy. This mission could take up to five years. But that is unlikely.”
Sakura said, “ Five years is a long time. I believe that I understand the mission now.”
“All right, let’s get going already!” exclaimed Naruto. With that said, they set out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

After they left Konoha, it was a five-day run to the land of coal. When they got there, they learned that the new name of the hidden village is Village Hidden In The Rainbow. Before they went in, they planned out what to do when they got inside. Of course, nothing ever goes to plan.

Guard: What business do you have here?
Shikamaru: We have left our villages and come here to start over. I am Nara Shikamaru.
Guard: Fine, welcome to the Village Hidden In The Rainbow.
Shikamaru: Thank you very much.
They went in and went to the town hall to register as citizens.
Naruto: This is not that hard. Everything is going to plan.
Sakura: (Hits Naruto on the head) Naruto shut up.
Then things started to stray from the plan. The leader of the Rainbow village came out and decided to talk to Temari.
Fiekage: Why hello miss. Are you and your husband here to become citizens?
Temari: My husband?
Fiekage: Yes, that young man with the hair shaped like a pineapple, no offence.
Shikamaru: None taken. Is there some kind of thing about being married in this village?
Fiekage: Yes there is. If anyone over age 18 is not married, they are put into an arranged marriage to increase our population.
Temari: Then you do not have to worry about us. Shikamaru and I are married just like Naruto and Sakura over there.
Naruto: I am married to Sakura? Oh, sorry, I mean yes. I am married to Sakura.
Sakura: Yeah that’s the case.
Fiekage: Good to hear. You know what, I like you guys. Here are keys to two apartments for you in the apartment building next to where we are now. Also, There is a tournament tomorrow to see if any of our citizens are capable of being ninja. I look forward to seeing you there.
Sakura: See you then.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Later, they went to check out their apartments. When they got there, Sakura was about ready to beat Shikamaru and Temari into a bloody pulp.
Sakura: Why did you say that I married NARUTO of all people?
Shikamaru: If we had not, you and Naruto would have put into an arranged marriage. That would ruin our mission.
Naruto: It is not that bad Sakura. At least now we have proof that Shikamaru and Temari like each other.
Temari: What do you mean by that?
Naruto: When he asked whom you were married to, you could have said me but you said Shikamaru. Also, he did not deny it.
Shikamaru: Enough of this. Tomorrow we are going to that tournament and are going to try to become ninjas here. Does that work for everyone?
Sakura and Naruto: Fine by me.
Temari: That works.
Shikamaru: Now everybody get some sleep. We will need our strength for tomorrow.
Naruto: Hey guys, how are we going to sleep?
Shikamaru: What do you mean?
Naruto: I mean that there are two beds and four people.
Shikamaru: I have a feeling that they check on people at night to make sure that nobody has lied about being married. Temari and I will have to share one of the apartments while you and Sakura will share the other.
Sakura: (to Temari) This is going to be a long five years.
Temari: (to Sakura) You said it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The next morning the all met in the café on the first floor of the apartment building. They ate breakfast and got ready for the day. Then they went to the tournament. When they got there all four of them signed up and they went to wait and meet some of the other competitors. There were a couple of people who looked like they might be a bit of a hassle. In total 40 people signed up for this tournament. The Fiekage came out with a board of all the first matches. They all easily fought their way through the first two rounds. When it got to the third one, Naruto was up against a guy named Lee. He was nothing like the Lee from Konoha. This guy seemed to have a natural talent for fighting. Sakura was up against another guy with natural talents. His name was Ichigo. Temari went up against a fellow kunoichi with about the same skill as Sakura as a genin. Her name was Lyra. Shikamaru went up against someone who did not know how to do genjutsu. His name was Will. All four of them defeated their opponents and moved on to the next round. The fifth guy saw their matches and forfeited. The next round ended up with Shikamaru versus Naruto and Temari versus Sakura.
Fiekage: The next round will be between Shikamaru and Naruto.
Shikamaru: How troublesome.
Naruto: No offence Shikamaru, but I am going to kick your butt.
Shikamaru: I wish I were a cloud.
Naruto quickly knocked out Shikamaru before he could even make a move.
Fiekage: The winner is Naruto.
Naruto: I won. Dattebyo. Believe It. Your turn Sakura, you can win.
Fiekage: The next match is between Sakura and Temari.
Temari: I forfeit because I want to see a match between Naruto and Sakura.
Fiekage: Ok. The winner is Sakura. The final match is between Naruto and Sakura.
Sakura: I am going to enjoy this.
Naruto: Please don’t hurt me Sakura-chan.
The match began and Sakura tried to knock Naruto out with one punch. It did not work because he dodged. Where his head was a moment ago there was a ten-foot crater.
Naruto: Wow Sakura-chan. You have been training. If only it were enough.
Naruto did a multi shadow clone jutsu and surrounded Sakura. He had them all charge and he knocked her unconscious.
Fiekage: The winner of the tournament is Naruto. I have decided that we will have 4 jounin, 6 chunin, and 10 genin. Our four jounin are Naruto, Sakura, Temari, and Shikamaru. The chunin are the people who made it to the third round. The genin are the people who made it to the second round. Will the jounin and chunin please come get their jackets?
The crowd cheered as the new jounin and chunin received their jackets and headbands. After they left, the genin got their headbands. On that note, the tournament was over.
Chapter end notes: Any review is greatly wanted. If you flame me, then I will just toast marshmellows on it.