TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Diary of Kiba - A KibaxHinata Story by TTM

[Reviews - 16]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I am TTM, however on other Forums I go by the name of Time Travelling Mechanic. I am an aspiring writer, and have authored this FanFic as training for when I begin my novel. Please leave feedback with any opinions or criticisms you may have, as it will all help. Thank you.

The Diary of Kiba is a romance saga based around Kiba and Hinata. It is written both in a Diary entry format and live action, and while there are many old characters there are one or two new ones, which become more important as the series progresses. These new characters are my own creation, but everyone else, as well as places and concepts, are the property of their rightful owners and not myself.

Written by Inquisitor-Bryce (Time Travelling Mechanic, TTM), for use on bandaicg.com, TONFA, deviantART and Divine Six Forums ONLY. If this FanFic is posted anywhere else, please contact me.
Date – July 22

Weather – Don’t know.

Song listened to today – Compliments by Bloc Party

I woke up looking at a hospital room roof early this morning. According to Shino I had massive facial, organ and skeletal reconstructions by medical ninja, as well as having my chakra pathways repaired around my left kidney. I almost died. But I already knew that. I don’t think a dead guy would feel this amount of pain. I’ve been drifting in and out today because of the painkillers.

The surgery was presided over by Hokage. She passed on a message that it was both to compensate me for the attack by Neji, which has reflected badly on Konoha Ninja as a whole, and a good faith action on her part that when I’m better I will accept missions. Which means I now owe her. I should be thankful. Maybe I will be when I don’t feel like I took on all the Genin at the Chunin exams by myself, and I don’t have all these bandages on me.

I have my own room which was a double but the hospital staff has let Hinata stay here with me in the other bed. She wouldn’t leave my side even though her vigil was killing her and being allowed to stay here was the only way they could get her to rest herself. Apparently the hospital has been quiet recently so they didn’t miss the other bed. Her own injuries have healed, you wouldn’t know she got in Neji’s way at all, damn him. She’s brought some things from her room including her radio and some of her clothing is hanging over the white divider curtain. She was right here when I woke, as she has been since I was admitted. She just sat on the side of my bed and held my hand most the afternoon as I slept.

She has left her home. That’s not what I wanted at all. I mean, she had a roof over her head, and when I can leave she will be as homeless as me. The hospital was just being polite, they won’t let us take up permanent residence in here. I told her she needs to go back but she won’t listen to me. I was too tired to argue, plus she’s been through a lot over this so I let it drop, but I’m worried. I don’t know if I can provide her with the lifestyle she deserves, with my current reputation and financial situation.

Akamaru is better now. He wasn’t terribly hurt and was treated too, by my sis I guess. He spent the time in here waiting with Hinata He can’t wait to be out of here either, I can tell.

Shino told me that Neji has permenant scars from our fight because the medical Ninja who were dispatched when I was brought in took too long reaching him, and he is being detained at the moment and will face trial for his attack on me. It has become the talk of Konoha. Everyone is waiting to see if the Hyuuga clan will make an apology or not. I don’t care anymore. I shouldn’t have attacked him. Hinata is in such a bad state now, both physically and emotionally. I let my emotion get the better of me, and she’s paying the price. I may as well have taken it out on her directly. I just… I need to get my head together.

**********

Construction had been going on the Fifth Hokage’s face for some time, but it was far from complete. Builder’s tools and piles of rock littered the cliff top overlooking Konoha, abandoned for the day as the sun began to set. A figure staggered painfully between the obstacles, his hospital gowns hem blowing in the breeze as he made his way to the top of the soon-to-be landmark, first by the cliff top and then by scaffolding. Bandages covered his arms and much of his face, but a red fang could be seen on his right cheek. Kiba had passed not a soul since he had begun the trek up the mountain. This was good, because they would undoubtedly report him because of his appearance. And he needed to make this journey.

Hinata had fallen asleep earlier in the hospital room’s second bed, exhausted from her monumental vigil over him as he had lay recovering from the fight in the courtyard. Kiba had feigned sleep himself until he knew she had drifted off before quietly standing. Akamaru looked up concerned but Kiba silenced him with a gesture and quietly told him to get some sleep, he was only going to check if anyone had requested to see him and he needed the exercise after apathy for so long. Akamaru had seemed pleased with this answer and rested his head against the floor. Kiba brushed Hinata’s hair back softly and touched her arm so that his caress would enter her dream before leaving out the door. He had avoided everyone and attempted to find his clothing but it wasn’t anywhere to be found. Giving up, he climbed out a hallway window and circled to the building’s rear before painfully scaling a fence and heading towards the stairs up the rock face, staying out of sight of everyone.

He walked out across the scaffold, the village falling away beneath him. Even if he were at full strength a fall from here would be easily fatal. Putting a hand against the rock being prepared as Tsunade’s cheek for balance he continued, climbing up to the higher scaffolding until he sat on the highest tier, able to see all the corners of Konoha in the golden sunlight which disappeared rapidly over the horizon, fleeing the deep blue of the night and the stars. Kiba stood on the scaffold’s edge until the sun had set completely, lost in thought. Laborously he began to remove the bandages from his arms, letting them drop off the side and be whisked away by the cold winds. The winds woke him up and made him alert, blowing across him as he unwrapped the final bandage on his head, which too fell off the edge and was gone. He slowly felt his head. It was sore but he wasn’t bleeding, which was good. His spiky hair blew slightly in the wind as it charged along the cliff face and out into space. The moon was obscured by dark clouds but the stars shone brightly, and the city’s lights illuminated the sky from below weakly. It really was a beautiful view.

Kiba sat down so his bare legs overhung the side and thought about his life. What had transpired in the last year, the choices he had and hadn’t made and where he thought the future could lead. In a split second, all of his fears melted away and he knew what he needed to do. He didn’t know what would happen, but he was convinced of how right he was. He just needed the courage to do it…

With a light thud a figure jumped down onto the scaffolding to his right. When he looked back he saw Ino looking at him in slight shock, her long blonde hair being taken by the wind.. “Kiba, don’t do it! I know how hard your life has been recently but jumping won’t solve anything!” As she said this she moved her hands, ready to form the seals for Mind Body Switching Technique and moving so that she would be safely on the back of the scaffold if she had to leave her body. Kiba just looked around at her. How could she know how hard my life has been? Has she experienced anything even REMOTELY like this? No. But, jump? In truth, he had thought about it earlier. All he had to do was cast himself from the scaffold and the pain was all over. But that was a lie. The pain wouldn’t be over. It would be transferred to Shino, Akamaru and his family (even if they weren’t speaking). But most of all it would fall to Hinata and their child. And he wouldn’t do that to her. He couldn’t.

He spoke to Ino in a calm and collected voice “No, I’m not going to jump. I came here to gather my thoughts. As you said, my life has been turned upside down as of late, but I am not so weak that I will take a coward’s escape. I don’t want to die.” As he said that he stood and walked away from the edge towards the female Ninja, smiling weakly. She had been ready to stop him the entire time but she relaxed visibly when he approached.
“What’s going on? Ino? You find him?” came Shikamaru’s voice over Ino’s headset. She rolled her eyes slightly before replying, touching her hand to her ear to hear the transmission clearer..
“Yeah, I found him up here. I thought I was going to have to stop him from jumping but he says he’s alright.”
Shikamaru sounded slightly relieved. “Good. Bring him down. I’m sure Hinata wants to strangle him. Out.”
“Will do. Out.” Ino replied before helping Kiba back down the scaffolding, the stars as beautiful and radient as the night that he had confessed his feelings to Hinata.

********

Date – July 24

Weather – Were showers, but fine now

Song listened to today – Walnut Tree by Keane

Hinata agrees with me. The two of us and Akamaru sat up last night and discussed it. And we all concur that it’s better than the alternatives. It’s decided.

We are leaving Konoha forever.

I am being discharged today. I feel much better. The medicine Tsunade gave me yesterday really helped. I do feel bad for leaving without repaying her but I have to look out for my future family, and if we won’t be accepted here we need to leave. We all understand the risks: Hunter-Nin, capture by other Ninja Villages and being without the safety we are used to here in Konoha. But we have to try and find something else. For our own sakes, and the sake of our child.

Hinata is out gathering the last of her possessions she wants to take. Myself, I have my Ninja equipment, tent and the last of my money. Combined with what Hinata has it should tide us all over until we can find work. I have to say, for the first time since this all started I feel good now. Having made a decision has given me purpose again I guess. Akamaru is more his old self too. I know we’re leaving everything we have ever known behind but we will make it. I know we will.

This afternoon Hana came in and spoke to me for the first time since I was kicked out of home. She had my jacket and a parcel. Apparently she had visited and sat with Hinata while I was in surgery and said some kind words to her. Hinata was still holding my bloody jacket and Hana took it to clean. But the blood completely saturated the jacket and wouldn’t come out. It’s ruined. I hung it up on the divider curtain, and would have thanked her but she gave me the parcel before I could. Inside was a black leather jacket. She apologized that she couldn’t clean my jacket, and had purchased the leather one in its place. It is a very good jacket. I thanked her and talked to her for a minute. Obviously I haven’t been forgiven but she was willing to talk to me at least. Eventually she said she had to go. I realized that this would probably be the last time I ever saw her, so I stopped her and told her that I appreciated everything she’s done for me and to tell mom I love her. She looked at me in surprise for a second but went her old hard self and shrugged it off. She doesn’t know I’m leaving and probably assumed I was just trying to apologise about what I had done. In a way this weakened my resolve to leave a little, but I reminded myself I am doing this for my own family. I’m sure Hana and mom will come to see my viewpoint in time.

*****

Date – July 24, Entry 2

Weather – Fine

Song listened to today – The Scientist by Coldplay

This is it. I’m leaving as soon as I finish this entry. Akamaru is waiting, I have everything packed and I’m dressed in my new jacket. I am truly sorry I didn’t get to see Shino one last time but he would know. I left him a letter explaining why we need to do this, thanking him for everything and wishing him luck in his life, especially with Yuriko. I also left him a photo of the three of us with Kurenai-Sensei when Team 8 was formed. I have the same photo in this diary. Heh, we were such rivals back then.

I hope he understands.

**********

The three walked along the main street which angled towards the gate. The road beneath them still had puddles from the rain that fell in the morning which hadn’t evaporated, and everything still smelt like rain to Kiba and Akamaru especially. Hinata tightened the straps of her pack as she walked, not noticing the villagers who parted for them, as they were expected to for any Ninja. Her white and lavender jacket was unzipped from the heat and her shining purple hair hung past her shoulders, gathering in the folds of her pack. She wasn’t showing signs of being with child yet but it wouldn’t be long, within the next few weeks. Kiba looked over at her and smiled, his leather jacket still feeling a bit odd and smelling foreign. But that would pass in time. Akamaru walked two steps behind the couple, looking around side streets and on rooftops for any sign they were being observed. The two Ninja still wore their forehead protectors, Hinata’s around her neck as always, Kiba’s still stained faintly with blood. Even though they were leaving they would still wear the symbol of their village with pride until they left the borders of the Land of Fire.

The wall loomed over the houses and shops here near the gate. Repairs were still visible from when Orochimaru had attacked two years ago, and while all repairs had long been finished scars could still be seen if one looked: a slight change of colour in the city wall; newer buildings not quite in line with the older ones. The gate itself had its arch reconstructed from scratch and the capstones, finished flush with the wall, were all new like the gatehouse. As Kiba, Hinata and Akamaru watched, a patrol of Konoha Military Police departed the gatehouse after talking to the on-duty guards on their patrol. Just as planned. The less witnesses to their departure the better. Hinata activated her Byakugan, counting two guards in the gatehouse and one on the wall above the gate. Kiba frowned. I hope this works.

He approached the guardhouse first, a few steps in front of Hinata and Akamaru. A guard wearing the tactical jacket of a Chunin looked up and walked to the door. “Evening Kiba-san. I don’t have you rostered on for a mission here… what’s your business?”
Kiba smiled politely at the guard. “No, no mission today Kotetsu-san. I’m going camping with Hinata and Akamaru here.” He said, gesturing at the pair. Kotetsu looked up and waved politely before looking back at Kiba. “That’s nice. You got a pass to leave?” The second guard in the gatehouse came and leaned on the sill, looking at the pair with mild disinterest. Kiba raised an arm and scratched the back of his head apologetically, but this movement was a cover. He signaled to Hinata and Akamaru discreetly behind his back with the other. “Well... no, but we just have to get out of here, you know? Konoha is a little much at the moment.” Hinata began to walk up to Kiba’s side and put her arm around his, playing the girlfriend but readying herself. None of them had wanted it to come to violence, but the more time they had before being reported missing the longer they had before a pursuit was launched. Akamaru, pretending to follow a scent, circled wide around to the gatehouse and waited near the window.
Kotetsu sighed before continuing. “Look, I can appreciate that you two have been through a lot recently but I can’t bend the rules for you. I also have to report your attempt to leave without permission. I’m sure you underst-” He was cut off as Hinata’s left palm drove into his jaw in an upward arc and caught under his chin, lifting him from the ground.

Kotetsu had no time to react, the attack totally unexpected. Simultaneously Kiba lept onto the roof and again onto the wall, rushing the guard before he could reach the alarm in the stone watchroom in the gate’s top and grappling him. Akamaru leapt through the window and locked the second guard’s left arm in a vice grip, his size and inertia pinning his adversary to the ground and knocking the wind from him. Following up her strike Hinata slammed her right fist into Kotetsu’s chest, causing him to cough up blood before he slammed into the filing cabinets along the back wall and fell to the ground as Akamaru and the other gate guard hit the ground inside. She took one step and disabled him with a downward strike to the chest, rending him unconscious. Kiba was thrown off by his opponent, who made another reach for the alarm. Kiba grabbed his outstretched arm and twisted, the snap amplified in the stone room, the guard’s cry muffled by Kiba’s spare hand holding his mouth shut. Finishing, he spun the guard around and hurled him towards the leftward wall, the guard hitting hard and tumbling out of the window, crashing down onto a rooftop below and laying still. The combat took eleven seconds.

Jumping down to the roof, Kiba checked the guard. In addition to his broken forearm, he was hurt from the fall but in no trouble of dying. He dragged the body into shadows before looking around the streets below from his vantage. No alarms were ringing, and no-one was in sight. Good. Satisfied, he jumped down to the street and helped Hinata sit the others up at the security screens away from the window. If the guards were on time according to their schedule, the Military Police patrol wouldn’t be back for another hour and fifteen minutes. Turning and making sure Hinata and Akamaru weren’t injured, Kiba smiled at them for a job well done.
“Time to go.”

The three looked back at Konoha from a tall tree which towered from the forest on a hill to Konoha’s east. They had circled the city slightly, keeping to the treetops and trying to leave as little signs of their passing as possible. It was a shame they wouldn’t have more of a head start, but it was the time they had. Akamaru whined once in sorrow at the departure before turning away and jumping to a lower bough to wait for Kiba and Hinata. The city was asleep, only a few lights shining. But it was still a beautiful city. Konoha had been good to them until recently. They would miss it. The couple were terrified at what they had to do, but both of them were sure that everything would work out for the best. Because they loved each other. And through their love they could achieve anything.

Hinata put her arm around Kiba as they took their last look, before they turned and lept into the trees, the three leaving at top speed, Konoha in their life’s wake forever.

**********