TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Diary of Kiba - A KibaxHinata Story by TTM

[Reviews - 16]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer - Characters appearing in this FanFic are property of their perspective owners. No claim of ownership is made, and no infringement intended.

The Diary of Kiba s a tool I am using to improve my writing skills. Please post criticisms of any nature, no matter how small. I'm counting on everyone here to help me become a better writer. Written by Time Travelling Mechanic (TTM, Inquisitor-Bryce), for use on bandaicg.com, TONFA, deviantART and Divine Six Forums ONLY. If this FanFic is posted anywhere else, please contact me.
**********

The following are excerpts from the diary of Inuzuka Kiba, written when he was thirteen onwards. The diary, small and unimportant in appearance was originally a gift from his sister Hana, and while Kiba took a while to begin writing in it with any regularity he found it handy and therapeutic to record his thoughts and adopted it as a regular practice. The diary has a space to write the weather and a song he listened to (if any) at the top of every page.

It should be noted that Kiba skips over quickly (or omits) anything he doesn’t think is incredibly important to what he wants to write about. He also realizes that the idea of a diary is to reread it, or have someone else read it in the future, so he writes as if he were talking to someone else so they can understand more clearly what he wants to convey.

**********

Date – May 14

Weather – Overcast

Song listened to today – Everything is Everything by Phoenix

Had unsupervised training today, met up with Shino and Hinata early and we went up to the hills. It’s still a good temperature, Summer’s going to be hot this year. Shino and Hinata enjoyed the change of scenery too. There’s still heaps of Springtime bugs about, buzzing around the lavender sprigs. Hinata loves lavender, she seemed happy all day. I love watching her smile when she’s truly happy. It’s what made me notice her back when we were both students in the Academy, that one time I saw her smile out in the playground. I just wish she would smile more. She has a lot going on at home I know, and she likes Naruto even though he barely notices her, so she hasn’t much to smile about. Between routines, I told her it’s good to see, that Akamaru and I like to see her happy. She thanked me, and we just talked about things happening around Konoha. Sometimes I think it’s a curse being such a close friend, like a mockery, as if some divine power knew how much I liked her and made us friends so that I couldn’t tell her how I feel without making this friendship awkward, not to mention that we have to work together. I’ve talked to Shino about this a little, but he seems to believe that this is something I need to work out for myself one way or another. He’s right. Heh, at least he’s not interested in Hinata as anything more than a good partner. He spends all his time away on missions with his dad, looking for new bugs or chatting up Yuriko in Team 15 (Narrator’s Note: Another few teams were able to complete field evaluations. Team 15 was one). I asked him how that’s working out, but he didn’t really answer. About as good as me I guess.

After training we decided to break up and eat dinner at home. Tomorrow we’re training with Kurenai-Sensei. Me and Akamaru aren’t failing the Chunin Exams again.

*****

Date – June 3

Weather – Fine

Song listened to today – Vermillion, Pt. 2 by Slipknot

Hinata was depressed again today. She’s really taking Naruto leaving hard. We tried training for an hour this morning before Shino and I agreed on calling it a day and trying to make Hinata feel better. We came back here to my house and I tried to cook cheeseburgers because that’s what I felt like. That was a disaster. I really have to learn how to make them properly one day. Akamaru didn’t mind them at least. Hinata took it upon herself to create curried rice balls for us. I told her she didn’t have to but she insisted so I let her. Cooking is one of her pastimes so I thought it’d take her mind off of things. Plus I was hungry.

While she was making it Shino and I brought up the subject of Naruto’s departure. In hindsight maybe we should have brought it up more delicately. She thought we were scolding her about her poor performance during training, and apologized. I told her that wasn’t what I meant, that we knew she was upset and that Shino, Akamaru and I were here for her. She thanked us but we could all see it was half hearted.

The food was good, but it tasted slightly soured to me because of Hinata’s condition. After lunch Shino bid us farewell, he went to see Yuriko. I’ll have to ask him about that. After we waved him off the three of us sat on the garden bed bordering the front steps and after a small silence I continued the discussion from before. She was still a little uneasy talking to me about it but I told her we’ve been friends for a while now and she can trust me.

Naruto’s leaving really left a hole in her heart. She told me that when she heard he was leaving it was as if he was taking some of her when he left. I thought it’s useless pursuing someone oblivious to your own feelings, but I didn’t say that. Besides, it’s kinda hypocritical of me to think that. I just let her talk. She needed to let it out. She spoke of how she always liked him even when we were all kids and the rest of us wouldn’t play with him, but she couldn’t approach him and because she was weak he never learned how she felt. And now he’s left and she didn’t even tell him her true feelings. She blames herself, and said it’s her own fault she’s lonely. At the end she just broke down and cried. I held her as she cried. I mean, what else could I do? All the words I tried to think of to comfort her just seemed wrong or inappropriate, so I just held her.

I swear if I ever catch up with Naruto I’m gonna beat him up for hurting her like this.

*****

Date – June 9

Weather – Fine, hot

Song listened to today – I’ve Been Waiting by Foreigner

Didn’t get to write an entry yesterday, but got heaps to enter now. Earth shattering stuff.

Our mission was cancelled. While we were in with the Hokage a message arrived saying the river towns had settled their dispute without us. Akamaru and I were pretty disappointed, but what can be done? We were dismissed shortly after, so we decided to make the most of it and train. We went to the river and practiced ranged combat while using chakra to remain on the surface. I admit, chakra control is something I should be working on a little more, so it was a good session.

Since the other day when Hinata was over and we talked she seems better. She’s not her old self but I think she’s been able to come to terms with all that has happened, at least a little. By mid-afternoon we were all soaked and had had enough of the water training, so we came ashore and trained on the forest’s edge for a few hours until sundown. When we were done we came into town and looked for something to do. We had assumed we would be on mission for a week or more, so our schedules were pretty clear, at least for the evening and today. I’m sure tomorrow Hokage will give us a new mission. Anyway, I’m not sure who brought it up but my mother and sister were out on a mission themselves so we had Inuzuka compound to ourselves. Of course, I invited Hinata and Shino over. They didn’t have anywhere else to be, and having them over sure beat the hell out of Akamaru and me spending the time alone. What I didn’t expect was Team 10, as well as Sakura and Team 15 to arrive as well.

Seeing there were so many people here (especially Chouji and Burai) we ordered from Ichiraku’s. Nothing was on TV so we put the radio on and hung out. After a while better music came on so I started dancing spontaneously. What can I say, sometimes the music takes you, right? After everyone laughed Ino jumped in and started too, followed by everyone else apart from Shikamaru, stating it was too troublesome. But he was having a good laugh.

Hinata came over and we danced. Now, I’m a good dancer but Hinata put me to shame. After a while I commented I felt like I was having a seizure compared to her. That got a few laughs. Hinata just smiled and we kept on. We danced for what seemed like an eternity, everyone else just sort of disappeared into the background for me. Just Hinata and I. She looked especially beautiful then, her eyes locked with mine as we jammed, every movement graceful. If I was better at poetry I’m sure it would be worthy of something, but I’d probably just cheapen it by trying. I’m sure I will remember always how she looked during that time last night.

Eventually the song changed to some horrible tune which earned the combined jeers of everyone present, and we all split off to different areas of the compound. I knew then that I needed Hinata to know. Sakura was walking past on her way to the kitchen so I asked her to keep Akamaru company for a minute. She looked over at us and smiled. I guess she knew what I was doing, so I told Akamaru to stay with Sakura for a while and Hinata and I went outside.

It was a beautiful night last night. The moon was clear and only a few thin grey clouds were in the sky, the stars clear. They seemed brighter than usual for some reason, but maybe it’s because I don’t really appreciate them much these days. We sat down on the seat under the cherry tree against the compound’s back wall and I told her everything. I spoke slowly (not rushing) so that I didn’t miscommunicate my feelings and so that she wouldn’t get too freaked out. I told her that I really liked her. That I had for a very long time. That I thought she was beautiful. That I admired her for her skills and grace. About how jealous of Naruto I had been. And how training with her and being her friend had only strengthened my feelings. A few times she blushed and looked away hurriedly, and my heart froze. I thought I had scared her, pushed he away. But after a moment she would look back and continue listening. After I had finished she just stared at me, blushing. Now you’ve done it you idiot, I thought. Not only have you made a fool of yourself, but you have made things awkward for both of us. And you have to work with her too. Just apologise and promise to keep your feelings in check. As I was about to speak, she smiled slightly before leaning in and kissing me on the cheek and taking my hands in hers. We sat like this for a moment before one of the outdoor lights switched on us and everyone was standing on the lawn cheering, whistling and applauding. I shielded my eyes and looked at the light controls. Shino was standing at the switch, Akamaru next to him. As always I couldn’t see his mouth but I KNOW he was smiling.

What a time to develop a sense of humour. I’ll get him for that. Well, we don’t have to tell everyone anymore I guess.

*****

Date – December 27

Weather – Light snow

Song listened to today – Our First Date by Her Space Holiday

Even though she made me promise that I wouldn’t when I saw her on Christmas, I came to take Hinata out for her birthday. She is spending time with her family this evening, they are probably sitting down to dinner now. So we took Akamaru for a walk along the frozen river bank. She brought a snow umbrella and wore a simple kimono. I wore my jacket and some long green cargoes. The river is most beautiful in the spring, as one would expect, but during the winter there is a different kind of beauty, a feeling of time passing and a reminder that we only have so much time in this world. The trees are all skeletons and the paths covered in snow but it is still worthy of appreciation and contemplation.

We reached one of the old areas where we all trained our ninjutsu techniques in our Academy days. The place is still being used these days, and there were signs of young students having trained earlier in the day. I walked into the center of the riverside clearing and stretched out, breathing in the crisp air deeply. Hinata walked over and stood with me before we walked and sat against the bole of a snow-covered Hoop Pine, Akamaru heading on to sniff around the area. We had a great view of the entire area, off to the river and the hill on the other side, sloping up to the houses along the road at the top. Hinata pointed out a snow rabbit hopping across the far side of the field, picking up the little animal before Akamaru or myself smelt it, which says a lot. She really does have good senses. Her Byakugan training must help too, even when she isn’t using it.

After a moment I told her I brought her here because it was here I first saw her smile when we were both students in the Academy. It was then that I realized that she was special and I fell in love with her.

And that I am in love with her now.

She blushed slightly, smiling at my story, and looked at me when I told her I loved her. She said she loved me too and we kissed, my heart soaring. Afterwards we just sat and watched the world go by.

On the way home she was cold, so I gave her my jacket and put my arm around her. She put the snow umbrella over the both of us and we walked back through Konoha to the Hyuuga compound, Akamaru trailing behind happily. He has grown fond of Hinata too, and enjoys tagging along when we hang out. She gave me back my jacket and hugged me at the gate before walking inside. I watched her until she was gone then turned to leave. As I did, Neji shunted into me on his way past. Man, I don’t know what his problem is. He’s been this way since he found out Hinata and I were dating. I stared after him as he went inside too but for a different reason. Akamaru snarled at him in agreement with me. His ‘be-a-jerk-to-Kiba-and-Akamaru’ routine is wearing thin.

*****

Date – July 3

Weather – *left blank*

Song listened to today – *left blank*

How did everything get so messed up?

This morning Sakura and Hinata came to see me. Hinata was crying and couldn’t say a word to me between her tears. I asked Sakura what was wrong. She told me.

Hinata’s pregnant.

We only did that once, and that was when I took her on a camping trip into the mountains to a waterfall for our one year anniversary. But… pregnant? I sat down to stop myself falling down. The world was spinning. It still is. Man, I am in so deep…

At the time I was more concerned about how Hinata’s family were going to act. I thought I could deal with whatever I had coming, but her family doesn’t even like me, let alone that she’s a member of the Main branch of the Hyuuga clan. I stood and sat next to her and held her. Sakura said she was the only one apart from us who knew at the moment. She was worried too. We just sat there for an hour before I talked again to Sakura. I asked her to come with us to go and see Hinata’s parents. Hinata screamed at me that I wasn’t coming, that her father and Neji would beat me within an inch of my life. I told her I didn’t care, but it only made her even more distraught. Eventually I agreed to let her go without me, as long as Sakura went with her. I didn’t know what her family would do when they found out. Sakura said I didn’t need to ask: we were all friends and this is the sort of thing friends do for each other. I am thankful beyond words that she did accompany Hinata home. I kissed Hinata goodbye and told her to be brave and that I loved her. Then Akamaru and I went to tell my own family.

Yeah, that went well. I got beaten close to unconsciousness, tossed out on the street and told not to return, a handful of belongings tossed out after me. I’m penning this from a hotel room I’ve taken for the night so I can work things out. At least I got my pack and weapons.

Earlier this evening Kurenai-Sensei and Shino came to see me here in my room. Apparently Hinata has been forbidden contact with me indefinitely, and that I am being removed from Team 8 because Sensei is still responsible for Hinata. Kurenai-Sensei said that this was probably for the best anyway, but then went on to lecture me on my irresponsibility and how I have destroyed both of our lives, not to mention the repercussions this will have on our families. As if I didn’t grasp it already. I’m living in an inn for the night then I’m in a tent, and once this gets around everyone will think that I was raised poorly and it will impact on my mom and sis. And what about Akamaru? He’s done nothing wrong but he is being punished through my actions. I told him he should go home and live with Hana for a while instead of staying with me, but he said his place is with me and he won’t abandon me to my fate. I’m grateful for that. Lastly, Sensei told me that tomorrow Hokage wanted to see me. I wasn’t told what about but I can only assume it’s to do with what I’m to do now that I’m without a team. If she thinks she can send me on missions until things cool down, she is wrong. Hinata needs me now and I’m staying here with her. Damn the repercussions.

After Kurenai-Sensei left Shino stayed and made sure I was alright. Yeah. Sure. Time of my life. I told him thanks for his concern but I’m not sure what he can do for me. I have things to work out on my own. He understands I guess. Maybe this is all hitting close to home for him and Yuriko, their six month is coming up soon. He said he would have liked me to stay with his family but he can’t extend that courtesy because it will reflect badly on the Aburame clan. I understand, and I knew this would be the case, but he wants to help and I appreciate the gesture. We’ve been friends a long time after all. I need all the friends I can get at the moment. All I have right now is Shino, Akamaru and Hinata. I’ve never felt so alone.

*Narrator’s Note - the page clearly shows spots where water has settled on it and dried. It can be surmised that these are tears.*

*********

Leaves blew around the base of the tree in the center of the small courtyard, the remenants of Autumn long passed. Kiba, and Hinata sat quietly on the low wooden bench which sat the far side of the tree from the thin alleyway which led to this small alcove, Akamaru laying at their feet in the leaves. They had met here a few times, the courtyard between a few old shops becoming a sanctuary for the forbidden couple, away from the gossip and stares of the village and the anger from Hinata’s family. The sun was warm but neither Kiba or Hinata felt it’s radiance.

“Kiba-kun, have your family come to talk to you?” Hinata asked gingerly, her hand in Kiba’s.
Kiba turned away. “No. They haven’t.” Akamaru whined once, confirming what he said.
Hinata’s heart sank. Her family were all angry with her, but at least they talked to her, and let her stay in their house. Kiba had been living in his tent for the last few days, shifting when he was told to move on. No-one asked him to stay with them and he was saving his money for food. He was running out too, he had turned down the missions he was told to accept and been reprimanded, suspended from duty. Even so, Kiba still kept his forehead protector in his pocket, the end of the blue band peeking out.

Kiba looked up into her eyes and smiled, holding Hinata’s hand more firmly to reassure her. “But don’t worry. I’m sure I’ll be accepted back soon, and then I’ll be able to take care of you and our child both.” He wore his trademark smirk, but his façade was paper thin. He knew he would never be welcome in the Inuzuka compound again. After a moment the smile faded. Hinata didn’t believe it either. But Kiba knew he would find a way. He knew he would because he loved Hinata and he wanted to be there for her and their child until the end.

Footsteps in the alleyway leading to the courtyard disturbed them. As they looked around Neji stepped in, the wind blowing his bound hair slightly. A mask of barely concealed anger and contempt was etched on his face. “Hinata-sama, you were forbidden to talk to him. I have come to take you home, where you will accept the consequences of your actions.” Hinata looked at him in frightened silence.

Kiba let Hinata’s hand go and stood to face him, circling the tree. Akamaru mirrored him on the other side of the tree, growling as he did. The leaves blew across the space between them, eddying before continuing on their path, unable to escape the sanctuary. “Neji-san. I love Hinata. I won’t let you take her back there to that prison. Please leave us.”

Neji sensed a fight. Good. He had been told not to fight Kiba, but he had been spoiling for a chance to take the upstart down for a long time, and this was too good an opportunity to miss. “What do you want from her? You want her to be with you?” He scoffed in contempt. “You are the source of everyone’s misery. Before you came along and started this Hinata had a future. She was just beginning to prove her worth, as a Ninja and as a Hyuuga. And now she will never achieve anything worthwhile. And you want her to be with you? Look at yourself, a disgrace. A disgrace to your clan and a disgrace to Konoha. But you couldn’t keep your lifestyle of failure to yourself; you had to bring Hinata-sama with you when you fell.” Neji smirked, before baiting the other Ninja “And here you are, right where a dog ninja belongs: on the streets, having to beg for food.”

Kiba barely stopped himself from charging in immediately. Hinata had run to his side, looking at him in terror “Kiba-kun, please don’t fight him! He’s too strong! If something happens to you, I won’t be able to cope! Please, don’t!” Tears threatened to form in her eyes, deep pools of fear.
Kiba looked at her, but he was too angry to stop. “Hinata-chan, I love you. But I have to do this so that we can be together. As long as Neji interferes in our love we will only be miserable.” He looked back at his opponent across from him and put his love from his mind, all the rage he had shut out bubbling over inside of him. The hushed whispers of the villagers. The contempt of the other Ninja. His exile from his home. The pain Hinata shared with him. All of it rushed forward at once and consumed him. He raced forward, a cry of anguish and raw emotion surging from his very core. Akamaru ran at Neji from the other side of the area, snarling as he loped in for the kill. Hinata could only stand and watch in wide eyed horror.

As he crossed the distance, Kiba’s hands formed seals and he grew feral, his body changing form until he was like a loping wolf, his claws ready to slash Neji to pieces. As he came Neji activated his Byakugan, veins spidering around the sides of his face and eyes. Immediately he saw Kiba loping towards him from the left in slow motion, and Akamaru coming from his right. Akamaru would reach first. As he slipped into Gentle Fist stance, he smiled. The massive dog leapt for his throat, ready to rend flesh and bone. Neji struck out with lightning speed, the blows knocking Akamaru flying backwards with a yelp. He crashed into the dirt, dust flying up around him as he lost consciousness. He turned back to Kiba, eager to finish this. He began forming seals, a blur of motion. Kiba made to leap leftwards and around but at the last second screamed “TSUGA!”, the seals completed as Neji had attacked Akamaru. He launched himself forward in a spiral which sped to a blur, the drill causing Neji to stop his seals and block the attacks. As each attack from the Piercing Fang came Neji dodged or parried, looking for an opening, everything in slow motion due to the Byakugan and his training. He evaded blow after blow, looking for the perfect opening, the perfect injury… there! He struck out, the chakra infused blow catching Kiba in his left abdomen. Hearing a cry, Neji smiled. The Piercing Fang spin buckled and spun chaotically off axis.

He forgot how angry Kiba was. Using the unpredictable spin he was now locked into he struck back through the blinding pain. A clawed hand slashed out, raking Neji’s cheek and causing blood to bubble forth. Neji recoiled, holding his face with one hand, blood flowing from between his fingers slowly. He didn’t need to punch again anyway. Kiba hit the wall behind Neji with a crunch, falling to the ground. Hinata screamed and ran to help him, but Neji struck her across the face with a closed fist, knocking her to the ground. She stood again and launched into an attack with Gentle Fist but Neji angrily parried and struck her in the same place, sending her to the ground again in a heap, her hair splayed over her face. He hadn’t had his fun, and now he needed payback. He touched his ruby hand to his face again, blood running from the four perfectly spaced cuts. The scars would be permenant. Livid, he raced over and picked Kiba up before punching him, not using Gentle Fist, reishing the satisfaction of simply beating him with solid blows, which he dealt again. And again. And again. Blood poured freely from Kiba’s mouth and nose but that wasn’t enough for Neji. He began focusing chakra in his right hand to finish the knave once and for all…

He couldn’t move. Glancing first at his hands and then the rest of himself, he realized why. Thousands of bugs were crawling over him, freezing him so he couldn’t move. Very gradually he fought the frozen sensation and turned his head to the far side of the courtyard. Shino walked forward slowly, his arms out in front of him and a furious expression on his face. As he came forward the bugs, which had swarmed over all of Neji’s body, manipulated his hand so Kiba fell into the courtyard’s dirt. At once Hinata, having regained her footing ran over and cradled him in her arms, crying uncontrollably.

Shino walked forward until he was right in front of Neji, staring into his eyes as he spoke, intentionally ignoring the Honorific: “You are out of line Neji, and a shame to your clan. I will see to it you get what’s coming to you for this.” He looked down at Kiba before grabbing Neji by the collar, bugs scattering so his hand could grip the material, his eyes behind the opaque glasses like black coals which stared a promise of death. “Pray that he survives.” With that, certain bugs Shino had placed around Neji with mild sedative poison stung. His eyes rolling up in his head he collapsed, the bugs streaming off of him and back to their host save a few who made their way to Akamaru.

Shino put a hand on Hinata, shifting her so that he could see Kiba. He was a wreck, blood streaming from his face and pooling all over his jacket and staining the headband in his pocket. The leaves blew over him, one sticking in the blood. He needed medical attention, fast. “We have to get him to hospital or he’ll die. I need your help carrying him.” Hinata nodded, tears still streaming down her face, her left eye black from where her cousin had struck her down. They pulled Kiba to a sitting position then lifted him so that an arm was over both their shoulders and they could drag his feet. As they hurried out of the courtyard the bugs woke Akamaru up before following their master. The dog whined before limping after the three figures towards the hospital, a small trail of blood mixing with the dust where Kiba had been carried.

As the figures left the courtyard and Neji’s unconscious form to the leaves Shino commented “Hell of a way for him to spend his birthday.”

**********