TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


It's Always The Quiet Ones by CleansingRainOfSuna

[Reviews - 24]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I would just like to say... I luffles Hinata!!
It’s Always The Quiet Ones

“Team Seven: Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke, and Hyuuga Hinata.”
“Team Eight: Inuzuka Kiba, Aburame Shino, and Yamanaka Ino.”
“Team Ten: Haruno Sakura, Nara Shikamaru, and Akimichi Chouji.”

Sakura and Ino were on the verge of tears, wondering why, of all people, would Hinata be in a group with Sasuke.

“Iruka-sensei! Why does a great ninja like me get stuck with Sasuke?!”

“Naruto,” Iruka calmly responded, “Each team is equally balanced. Sasuke had the highest scores, and you the lowest.”

“Why does Hinata get to be with Sasuke?!” Ino yelled. Hinata shrank back in fear. A small, barely noticeable spark of concern flashed in the Uchiha’s eyes, unseen by all but the sensei. With a smirk on his face, their teacher continued, “It’s more of a condition that you’re better balanced with Kiba and Shino. You will meet your senseis later. Dismissed.”

Hinata exited the room, taking her favorite spot for lunch under a tree. Well, she would weigh the pros and cons. She really liked Naruto, and didn’t mind Sasuke, although she wasn’t completely overcome with affection for him. Sasuke really didn’t mind her either, even to the point of liking her more than any of his fans in the academy. But of course, Hinata didn’t realize that last part. Bad news, Sakura and Ino were going to hate her guts for being with Sasuke. The only other thing that scared her was that she might not be able to keep up with them.

Naruto was conflicted. One, Hinata was on his team. She was nice, even if she was a bit shy for his taste. On the other hand, Sasuke. Sasuke irked Naruto with his perfectness. Everything was always about Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke. Well, Naruto wouldn’t stand for it this time. He was finally a ninja, and he was going to shine.

Sasuke really didn’t care. He can’t say he was pleased that Naruto was on his team, but he’d rather have Hinata than Sakura or Ino. Besides, a team would only slow him down. As long as they weren’t in his way, they would get along fine.

As Hinata ate, she noticed that Sasuke was approaching, though it looked as though his mind was elsewhere. He seemed a lot like Neji, in many ways. Her own thoughts drifted, but snapped back by him talking to her.
“Mind if I sit here?” he asked.
“N-no,” was her shy reply. Sasuke sat down on the grass next to her, eating a rice ball. Hinata pulled out her own lunch of the same, and munched quietly.

Naruto was walking toward the swing, his usual lunch setting. On his way there, he noticed Hinata and Sasuke eating rice balls under a tree, side by side. Sasuke was- OH MY GOODNESS! WAS SASUKE SMILING?!?! It was small, but undeniable. Call National Geographic, TV Guide, Oprah, and Dr. Phil, oh, and let’s not forget ESPN! The Uchiha Sasuke was smiling- not smirking, a genuine, run-of-the-mill, everyday smile! This was breaking news! And yet… Naruto, for some reason, didn’t feel the normal rage that would have filled him at the sight of Sasuke. Filling him instead, was a deep sadness. Idiocy, which is, of course, Naruto’s trademark, made him unsure why. An unsteady rumbling rolled his stomach uncomfortably, but Naruto shook it off and blamed it on not eating yet. He walked away, after all, he didn’t care about Hinata and Sasuke being together- did he?

It was true, Sasuke was smiling, but he didn’t know it. Just the sight of the purple-haired girl next to him filled his heart more than it had been since Itachi- no, he wouldn’t think those thoughts right now. Hinata’s silence was much, much more comforting than Ino and Sakura’s spats over him. Purple was much more to his taste than blonde or pink. The blonde and pink that weren’t to his taste, however, were secretly spying on him, but mostly wondering why Hinata so obviously captured Sasuke’s attention, when they never got a second glance. As they resolved to find out, the two formed a truce, at least, until Hinata was out of the picture.

Hinata was star struck. Why was Sasuke sitting by her when he had pretty girls like Sakura and Ino absolutely head over heels for him? A light blush fell over her complexion as she realized that she didn’t really mind his company at all- in fact, she sort of enjoyed it. Sasuke turned back to her, a smirk placed on his face.
“You okay?” he teased.
“F-fine,” she said quietly. Was he- was he flirting? No, she was imagining things. The lunch period ended, and Sasuke quickly picked up his things and left, leaving her alone with her thoughts. She had to be honest with herself, she-
‘Hi, Hinata! I’m Atanih, and I’m your conscience, advisor, and annoying voice in your head!’ Hinata jumped at the thought.
‘I promise that I am not a serial killer here to murder you.’ These words didn’t appease her. She wondered if they sent people to asylums for having conversations with themselves.
‘Yes, they do,” replied Atanih, “Those people are schizophrenics. You, however, are not one of them.” It was going to be a very long day.