TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Proposition by TWNJ

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Thank you for reading.

There is a bit that is a flash back, then it comes bak to after Shika stabs Shizune. oh and the bit after the flash back should be normal font but i cant work it.....

Could u plz tell me how to stop the italics and to line everything to the centre of the page isntead of spreak out??
“I- I can deal with this, Tsunade”, shizune said prying her hand back from Tsunade’s. Shika had pierce through several ligaments, which was easy to heal, but murder to use afterwards. The Hokage was reluctant to let go but after a reassuring nod from her secretary she stepped back and gave her some room. Shizune delicately placed a cupped hand over the wound, and concentrated. It was an odd feeling for the Hokage. After years at the top of her profession, she was no longer needed and by now her understudy was almost as great as Tsunde was herself.


A blue haze now encapsulated Shizune’s hand which had started to heal. The blood that had not yet stopped dripping, soaked through papers that lay in mess on her desk, one of which the Hokage recognised immediately.

A sinking feeling washed over, staring past bloodied hands at the letter that had come to her last night….





Dear Hokage - samma

I wish I could tell you that writing this letter was the easiest task I’ve had. I also wish I could tell you, that choosing this mission was the easiest decision I’ve made - but it wasn’t. I know I must do all that is possible for my village. I know how you feel on the matter and therefore regret to inform you that I have taken the assignment. I, of course, will take the necessary percussions and inform those involved. My sister Temari tells me of the difficulties in finding a candidate that is not already preoccupied. Hopefully her visits will assist you. Has ANBU squad 5 returned yet? I wish to talk to one of their team members before I continue with our plan. I will be out of contact for 2 days whilst travelling to konoha.

Yours faithfully
Kazekage



Tsunade placed the letter down after a second reading, leaned back in her chair and turned to look out on her home town. There was something ghost like about the pale light that shone down over Konoha this evening. A shimmer encircled the moon itself - a sign of trouble not far off. Many squads had been out on missions the past few weeks; the village seemed deserted. In another few weeks there could be nothing of it left - unless she acted quickly.


She sighed and picked up the sake at the end of her desk. Not a drop. The same could be said for her ideas of a suitable candidate. She couldn’t believe Gaara had accepted the mission; it was a bad plan, only to be used as a last resort, but he had obviously had ideas of his own - which on the whole, even though she didn’t like to admit it, usually worked. She shuffled lazily through a handful of Konoha shinobi records but threw them back just as idly. If she didn’t find someone soon though…..


She had read the letter twice over; as much to confirm what she had just read as an excuse to ignore the paperwork that had to be done. It now piled up over her desk. Maybe if she just rested her eyes a bit she would come up with someone. Everything would become clearer to her, maybe. She placed her head down on the comfiest looking stack of papers in front of her. She had ideas floating around in there somewhere, but for this mission, if a certain blonde shinobi couldn’t do it – no one could. She would most likely see many of the squad leaders tomorrow after they return…..maybe she could decide then……who ever it is….they won’t have an easy time…..






"Right... Nara, sit down". Tsunade said, collecting herself.

I was already; slouching lazily with my elbows as far back on the arm rests as they could go. She placed the kunia stained with shizune's blood on her desk; the only thing I could see with my head down. It wobbled slightly leaving a red stain on the Hokage's work. I had done it. I had finally snapped; my body felt drained of all life. I was so tired, I couldn’t lift my head, keep my eyes from closing.

She stood over the large oak table, arms leaning on it for a while, staring at me. Nothing was said. Silence filled the great stone office. Still, nothing could be heard except muffled foot steps on gravel from outside. Possibly squads leaders coming back form missions, I didn't care, I didn't want to care. I was here to stop caring. She moved abruptly to a standing position with her hands behind her back, holding an oddly coloured piece of paper.

Peering down at it, she opened her mouth as if to say something, shook her head in disagreement, and then started pacing behind her desk. No one had said anything yet. I still hadn't had a smoke; apparently the rules still applied to those who have nervous brake downs. She stopped pacing and looked up at the ceiling in as if in prayer. Probably was. If so, it was the first time I had seen her use God’s name with out other words attached! When she had come to an end, a slender hand slipped the peace of paper into her pocket and out of sight.

“Nar…..Shikamaru...look" she paused to look at me, a slight frown on her face. It looked almost apologetic. What was she waiting for? I desperately wanted to get out of this hell hole!! Come on; say those words I’ve needed to hear, 'you have leave'..?

“I have a proposition for you…."

Those weren't the words.