TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Heart Is An Involuntary Muscle. by Shinimegami

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: An earlier vs. of my other fic.
Please read and tell me which one is better ^^ Disclaimer – It’s All Over by Three Days Grace; from the album One-X. I don't know Naruto
“Kesuke”

“You called, Kai-sama?”

“Wake her.”

Your bottles' almost empty; you know this can't go on
Because of you my mind is always racing
The needles' breaking your skin; the scar is sinking in
And now your trip begins but It's all over for…

Rae awoke to a sharp pain in her side; she opened her eyes and found herself staring into a familiar pair of eyes – Kesuke. There he stood, towering over her in the ugly green scrubs he always swore; it was then she finally became aware of her surroundings. For the 7th time this month she had stayed in this same room; stared blankly the same white walls and inhaled the stringent smell of antiseptics.

“Kai-sama is waiting outside for you”

I don’t want to see him…the girl thought bitterly as she stumbled painfully out of bed and towards the door. She let out a soft sigh as she turned the doorknob to let herself out. This had better be the last time…

The young blond man grinned when he saw her, “I have work for you.”

The girl bit her lip and nodded.

“You could at least pretend to be excited, my darling.”

Rae stared blankly into the darkness beyond him, ignoring his remark.

He chuckled softly, “is staying alive no longer a prerogative to work for me?”

When Rae neglected to respond, he went on to vaguely describe her assignment; the details, she was told, would be provided as the mission went under way since Kesuke and Kai, himself, would accompany her on this mission. This troubled her. For the first time in her life, she was walking blindly into an assignment; knowing nothing but the objective was not going to ensure completion of the task.

Rae scurried about her small room, readying herself for the journey. She had few belongings and even fewer to bring with her on a venture through desert terrain. Rae sighed as she went through the items in her pack: several changes of light clothing, weapons, med kit and money.

However, something felt…missing.

She glanced around the room once more and her eyes fell upon the necklace lying on her night table as if it had been carelessly tossed there. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Snatching it up, she quickly fastened the chain around her neck and rushed toward the door.

“Rae-chan, it’s me.”

Closing her eyes, she exhaled deeply as she unlocked the door to let him in – Kai.

“Are you ready?” he asked her.

She nodded in response.

Kai stared at her with his sea-green eyes, “Not in the talking mood are we, Rae-chan?” he sneered, eyes fixed upon her – prying, searching for something.

Stop looking at me…

“What’s wrong Rae-chan?” he whispered as he reached out and gently stroked her cheek with his knuckles. “This time, you won’t have to hurt and suffer like that anymore. This time, I promise I won’t hurt you anymore.”

Rae responded with silence. Behind the handsome features; captivating blue-green eyes and sweet words lay a hideous monster with whom she was all too familiar.

Inhaling slowly, she calmed her thoughts. However dark her hatred; however deep her resentment – she knew could never escape him. If she wanted to live, to breathe; she would have to be his, forever his.

“Hai, Kai-sama” she said finally.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Something was in the stables, silently tearing the animals to shreds. It would soon make its way inside. Creeping from room to room, bed to bed; it would rip out the throats of the sleeping and unwary inside, young and old alike.

Having neither face nor name; it became known as ‘The Thing’ that struck at random, gorging itself on the livestock; killing as it pleased. The first incident had been a family of four – all murdered, their throats torn out by brute force. When the second and third followed several months later, never again would darkness befall Suna; shinobi were ordered to restlessly patrol the streets after nightfall.

But to no avail.

The carnage saw no end.

Villagers would often disappear, and their corpses reappear weeks later – without a strip of skin or flesh; only bones, bleached white by the harsh desert sun. And for a year, life in Suna carried on but with everyone hanging on to one last thread of hope and sanity – it was not to last long.

I know what runs through your blood; you do this all in vain
Because of you my mind is always racing
And it gets under my skin; to see you giving it
And now your trip begins but It's all over for..

The Kazekage let out a soft sigh as he stood perched on the roof and looked out over the village; troubled by how things had become over the past year. The streets were empty – devoid of people and vendors alike. Since the murders, trade between Suna and the surrounding villages had all but come to a grinding halt – it would not be long before everyone departed.

He felt resentment for his own failure. As Kazekage his primary concern was the safety of the villagers, not only was he unable to provide security, there was now nothing left in the village. The stores were barren; the usually busy streets were empty.

But gravest sign of his failure was the fact that he could no longer hear the laughter amongst his people. All around him there was sorrow, grief and anger. He felt weak and powerless to protect those around him. If he only had –

A firm grip on his shoulder disturbed his train of thought.

“Nii-chan, there is no use brooding…” his brother said softly, “Come inside, you’ve not slept nor eaten in days”

Gaara shrugged, “I’ll be alright, Kankuro”

The puppeteer retreated, acknowledging his brother’s desire to be alone.

Relieved to be alone again, Gaara laid back and closed his eyes, drowning once again into his heavy thoughts.

“This village looks…terrible…”

“What did you expect?”

“We’ve been in the desert for days, Kai-sama! I cannot bear it any longer.”

“Shut up Kesuke. If Rae-chan can endure this, you can!”

Gaara sat up; unpleasantly disturbed by the conversation below. He peered down at the trio of strangers walking out of his line of sight. “You three, halt!” he said icily as he disappeared and instantaneously reappeared before them in a veil of swirling sand.

“What business have you here?” he demanded.

The blonde man smirked, “Ah! The Kazekage…” he exclaimed with a deep bow, his two companions followed, “I sincerely apologize, my lord for not stating our purpose here. We have come, like many others before us to capture this ‘thing’.”

“Bounty hunters?” Gaara sneered at the unusual threesome.

The man who had spoken to him could very well pass for a shinobi…but the two at his side, Gaara had his doubts about. One was a tall, lanky and rather awkward looking boy with his medic band tied around his arm. The other was a frail girl, the emptiness in steel grey her eyes made him shudder – it was as if she was already dead.

After a moment’s hesitation Gaara nodded in approval, “You may carry on this unfinished task of your predecessors. But allow me to warn you –”

“There’s no need, Kazekage-sama. We are well aware of the dangers and will not in anyway hold this village responsible for our loses”

Gaara nodded, “what are your names?”

The young man smiled, “oh! How rude of me!” he exclaimed, “I am Tenaka Kai; to my right is Kusanagi Rae and on my left is our medic Yamada Kesuke.”

“I wish you all the best on your ventures” Gaara muttered before disappearing in the same fashion he had appeared before them.

The three companions carried on forward in silence.

So that’s the Kazekage...

Are you surprised, Kesuke?

It was as if he was ‘expecting’ us.

What makes you think that?

He did just materialize in front of us. She had interjected blankly.

That’s a lie, Rae-chan! You knew he was coming – I saw you flinch just a moment before he appeared. His sudden appearance certainly has changed my previous conception of him – he does not seem the slightest bit like the vulnerable prey he was made out to be.

No, he isn’t

How strong do you think he is now that he is without the Shukaku?

Apparently not strong enough…Kesuke...

Rae sat in silent reflection of their conversation; absentmindedly tracing a shuriken down the length of her finger index, drawing blood. What a pathetic mission!

Of all the places she had been before, there was none other she hated more than Suna; the heat, the sand, the mission and the pitiful state of the place – she didn’t want to think about any of it. Nor did she want to imagine a two months good spent in the company of Kai and Kesuke….

She merely prayed that Kai would derive some sort of plan soon, so she could follow it to her demise and –––

A sudden jolt pf pain caught her breathless; clutching her chest, Rae doubled over in agony. She reached into her pocket for her medication but decided against it – confident that she could carry on without it. There was nothing in this desert wasteland; and if she was to waste it all now…a long and painful death would await her.

Inhaling deeply she got to her feet and headed outside before the last ray of sunlight disappeared under the horizon.

It's all over for…
…You
(For you)
When you're on the edge and falling off; it's all over for you
(For you)
When you're on the edge and falling off; it's all over

And now you're dead inside; still you wonder why
It's all over
And now you're dead inside; still you wonder why
ITS ALL OVER