TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Rehabilitation Center by Kairos

[Reviews - 7]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Warnings: Language, suicidal content, yaoi, OOC (Sasuke goes ANGSTY in this chapter).

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the characters from the anime/manga.
I took a deep breath as I pushed myself up from my bed, Kiba stood at the door and grinned, he had come to take me to breakfast the two days before too. Yeah, I had been here for two days, which meant it was Sunday today. A k a, visitation day and I wasn’t so interested in crawling before my mother anymore, this place was pretty okay and the people in it too, well… I hadn’t met that Uzumaki Naruto kid yet but I had a feeling I soon would.

“Come on and hurry up!” Kiba said pretty loudly as he pulled me out of my room, and I thought about the poor patients that wanted to sleep, then I heard a loud groan from room 008, Kiba almost jumped and quickly turned around and knocked on the door before quickly pulling it up widely.

It felt like a lightning flashed through me when I saw the blonde boy in the room. He sat in his bed and glared at Kiba with a tired face expression. The boy was beautiful, blonde hair, tanned skin and ocean blue eyes which you could drown in. I had never seen such a beautiful person before.

“You’re too load, Kiba.” He muttered and rubbed his eyes before looking questioningly at me, “So you’ve already put your claws into the new, huh?”

“Sorry! You know I can’t help it!” Kiba said and grinned widely as he strode up to the blonde and gave him a rough friendly hug, “How are ya pal?”

“I was sleeping fine until YOU woke me up.” He muttered and then looked at me and smiled, “You know, you can come into the room.” He said and mentioned for me to come in, and so I did, I wasn’t like Kiba, just barging in wasn’t my thing.

“Thanks.” I said and sat leant against a wall with crossed arms., then he looked at me questioningly and I immediately felt stupid, “Oh… Uchiha Sasuke.” I said, of course he didn’t know my name.

“Nice to meet you Sasuke-kun, I’m Uzumaki Naruto!” He said and smiled widely, “So you have been forced to hang with Kiba these days, huh?” He asked and I nodded, Naruto sighed sadly and looked at me.

“You’ll never be the same again, as you were before.” He said in sympathy and Kiba looked offended, I smirked and looked at Kiba.

“Hey! What do you mean with that!” Kiba asked and glared at Naruto who slightly waved with his hand and smirked.

”Nothing, Kiba, nothing.” Naruto said before he yawned and stretched out.

“Well, are you up for breakfast?” Kiba then asked and looked at Naruto who seemed to think about it, he frowned and looked at the watch which was 9.15 am. He groaned but slowly slipped his legs over the bed and down on the floor.

“You know I usually get up around 10 but this is an exception.” Naruto said and put on his slippers, which I thought was pretty weird since he didn’t wear any pants, not that I minded, he looked perfectly fine without his pants on.

“Yo, Naruto…” Kiba said and snickered lightly when Naruto headed for the door.

Naruto turned around and glared at Kiba, “What is it now?”

“You might want to put on a pair of pants or something.” He said and pointed at Naruto’s boxers, Naruto frowned and looked down and then his eyes widened before he ran over to a closed and ripped out a pair of jeans before he turned around and glared at Kiba who was laughing hard, “Everyone will love to hear this!”

“Spill this to anyone Kiba and I’ll make you regret ever being born.” Naruto said and glared daggers at Kiba before opening the door and letting me out first then he turned to me when Kiba wasn’t far behind, “You shouldn’t touch him, it might be contagious.” I and Naruto snickered and I could heard Kiba growl in the background.

Somehow Naruto felt so natural to be with, I had just met him about 5 minutes ago but still we stood there snickering at Kiba as we had known each other for a long time. Kiba placed himself between us and muttered something about disrespecting youths of today’s world and it only made Naruto laugh as he gave Kiba a friendly pat on his back.

“Come on Kiba, you know I only joked.” Naruto said with an amused smile on his face and Kiba sighed and nodded, “Beside you deserved it for waking me up.”

“Hey, is there a rule about being quiet 9 am?” Kiba asked and frowned.

“Actually, if you’re in the same corridor as Gaara lives could at least try to be a bit more quiet, the poor guy gets almost no sleep.” Naruto said and playfully punched Kiba.

“I was already awake.” A monotone voice said from behind which made me jump slightly, all of us turned around to see the redhead, Naruto smiled widely and pulled Gaara with us.

“Well, then you can eat some breakfast with us!” He said happily and then we went into the kitchen were no one was for the moment.

I looked around to locate things, Naruto was the one who ran back and forth grabbing different things. I wondered if he was going to eat all stuff but I soon realized that he knew what the others liked cause he placed some things in front of Gaara and some other in front of Kiba and some place in the middle then he looked at me, “So Sasuke, what would you like for breakfast?” He asked with a grin, “I’m the only one who can locate everything in here, well except Chouji maybe!.”

“That’s just because you’re always eating.” Kiba said and smirked, Naruto glared at him before he turned to me again.

“Er…” I sighed and tried to think of something, I usually just ate what I got served at breakfast because I didn’t like to decide what to eat.

Naruto scanned me up and down before turning around and picking something out of a counter and poured some water into a kettle which he then filled with something more.

I frowned and looked while Naruto ran over to the fridge and took out a packet of orange juice and placed it on the table. Then he ran over to another counter and took out two bowls.

“Just sit down, I’m handling this!” He said to me as he started to stir whatever it was in the kettle.

Only in a minute a portion of rice pudding was put down in front of me with a glass of juice, I looked up at him with a questioningly face expression, “How in hell did you know?” I asked, no one knew that I liked rice pudding, and he had even placed the things I liked with it on the table.

“He did it again!” Kiba said and shook his head in unbelief, Gaara just smirked at my face expression.

“I’m good to tell what people like and don’t like.” Naruto said and grinned, “You don’t like cereal, milk and bread with to much fiber, huh?” He then asked and I just nodded at him in shock.

Kiba couldn’t help but laugh at me, “It looks like you’ve seen the most amazing thing in world.” He said and snickered.

“You were pretty easy to read.” Naruto said and it made me feel like an open book and it made me slightly uncomfortable but I soon got calmed down, “Telling by your pale skin I knew you didn’t eat much fiber rich food, and I saw the look on your face when I placed the cereal and the milk in front of Kiba.”

I let out a small sigh, “For a moment I thought you were a mind reader or something.” I said and smirked as I started to eat, Naruto just smiled at me before he started eating to.

I had a hard time believing that Naruto was in deep depressions then and then, I mean by seeing that kid acting like he did almost made me think he hadn’t a worry in the world but I knew I shouldn’t judge people by their acting, because I’m just one of them.

“So… Are anyone of you getting any visitations today?” Kiba asked.

“Ah, I think Iruka-sensei said he’d come to see me today…” Naruto said with a thoughtful face expression, “Wait a moment… It’s Kyuu who’s gonna visit me today!” He corrected himself and grinned.

“Temari.” Gaara answered simply with a slightly disgusted face.

Naruto chuckled at Gaara’s expression, “Come on, your sister isn’t so bad!”

Gaara muttered something as he shrugged, and then everyone looked at me.

“My mother.” I said tiredly with slumped shoulders, I really didn’t want to see her… We hadn’t been and we still aren’t such a tight family, I’m the second son, the defect son.

“You don’t seem to excited.” Kiba said and frowned.

“Let’s just say that I and my mother aren’t on so good terms.” I said with a bored tone and looked at the other who just gave a nod in understanding. I had just given them the mild explanation, “What about you?”

“My father is coming with my dog.” Kiba said with a goofy smile on his face, “Every Sunday or I’d go more mad than I already am.”

Then we all continued to eat. Naruto was the one who talked the most, and well, Kiba wasn’t quiet much time either. It was me and Gaara who listened to the others and only talked once asked a question.

Around 10.20 am all of us was finished and we made our way out to the collective room and sat down in a couch and watched some TV, it was the news and I groaned as I heard the subject of the moment and saw that very familiar face on the TV-screen.

The others glanced at me as I closed my eyes and leant back, I didn’t want to look at him. I really didn’t like to see my father on TV, it always meant something bad for me. Always.

“So Uchiha Itake-kun, I’ve heard rumors that you’re planning on retiring in a matter of one or two years from the post as boss of Uchiha Corp, is that true?” A female reporter asked my dad who… well I don’t know what he did but I’d guess that he smiled his trademark smile which he only used in television.

“Yes, that’s correct.” My father answered her.

“Then I guess you’re letting your older son Itachi take it over?” She then asked and I knew what father was going to answer.

“Yes, I’ve talked with Itachi about this for a long time and he seem to be very interested in taking the job.” He answered in a proud tone.

“Right… You’ve a younger son too, right? Uchiha Sasuke, I heard there was some problems a couple of days ago…” At this my eyes snapped open and I stared at the TV, just fucking great, why in hell did I have to get this crap? I never wanted to be a part of that damn company for God’s sake and for them to bring me up in TV!

“Well, that’s family matters but I admit he isn’t-“

That was it, I didn’t want to listen at my father anymore so I snatched the remote control from Naruto and switched channel, then I gave him back the control and sighed deeply as I rubbed my temples.

“Hey, are you okay?” Kiba asked with a frown on his face.

“Do I look okay?” I snapped which made Naruto and Kiba jump a bit, then I sighed, it was noon of their fault, he had just asked if I was okay and it wasn’t a sin, “Sorry.” I then muttered and leant back again, “My father and I are on worse terms than my mother.”

“Aha.” Kiba said, I guess he didn’t know what to say since he didn’t seem to be in the same family situation as I was in.

“And it really pisses me of that he even dares to talk about me in TV.” I growled, “I don’t want that kind of attention and I don’t know how many times I’ve told him to NOT say a damn thing if they asks about me but something always seem to slip.” I clenched my hands into fists and growled something about murdering him.

“If you consider killing him you should do it know when you’re here.” Naruto said and slightly smirked, “Because you can just blame it all on being mentally unstable.”

I relaxed and gave a snort instead of a laugh but it had at least made me a bit calmer about my family situation. It seem I have more problems than I thought in the beginning.

About 35 minutes went by and we continued watching TV, then the main door opened up and some people came in. I glanced around to see if my mother was here but apparently not… Then I noticed someone else and quick as hell I sank down so much I could in the sofa when I had seen who it was.

Kiba, Gaara and Naruto looked at me with questioning face expressions but they didn’t have to wonder for a long time because I noticed there was a shadow over me.

“Trying to hide, dear brother?” My older brother Itachi asked with a frown on his face and I groaned, just perfect. I hadn’t expected Itachi to come home from his trip this soon.

“Excuse me.” I said to my new found friends as I pushed myself up from the couch, they just nodded and looked at me as I walked against my room, Itachi followed me and sat down beside my bed when I slumped down on it.

The silence between us was killing me just after 10 seconds so I was the first one to open my mouth to get this going, “I thought you wouldn’t be back in a week at least.” I said plainly, not wanting to look at my brother because I was scared of what I might see in his eyes.

“I planned to stay in Italy but when mother called about you I immediately booked me for a plane home.” He said and I could hear that he sounded a bit shaken on his voice.

I just gave him a nod to show that I had heard him and glanced out through the window, not daring to speak again without having anything really meaningful to say, but the silence was uncomfortable.

“Why, Sasuke?” Itachi suddenly asked in a quiet voice, “What made you do it? What has been so wrong?”

He sounded so hurt, betrayed and also confused. It stung in my heart to hear Itachi ask me this way. I felt so damn guilty for doing what I had done. Once we had been really close and I really wanted that back. I wanted him to know that it wasn’t his fault but still I also felt a sting of something else against him, for making me the second, the not so important one in our family. I looked down with a shameful look on my face.

“What do you know about how I’ve had it?” I said, almost in a whisper bit I immediately regretted it. It only made it seem to be his fault.

“I don’t know Sasuke, because you don’t talk to me and nothing seem to be wrong home!” Itachi said and flailed with his arms, he was obvious frustrated and worried about me, which I could understand, sure we hadn’t seen each other so much in these last years but it didn’t mean we didn’t like each other.

“Everything is fine when you’re home.” I said quietly, “It’s when you’re away it isn’t fine.” I felt how my stomach twisted around and I could have thrown up. Because I was scared. I never used to talk like this with anyone but still it made me feel better in another way, to get these feelings out.

“Sasuke, you can tell me.” Itachi said and came closer to the bed were I still looked down at the sheets in my bed, “Please, Sasuke… Talk to me.” He then pleaded when I had replied him with silence. I swallowed nervously before opening my mouth.

“I… When you’re away… They have so much more time to complain.” I said, “To complain about me not being the way they want to, about me not being perfect, about me not being more like you.” I bit my lip and took a short breath.

“The day I… you know…” I took a short pause and fidgeted with my sleeves before continuing, “I had a really bad day and when I came home they just complained, I haven’t cared before but that day when I went back to my room I thought it would feel good to just end it, I heard them discus about me being a family shame… and I guess that was it for me.”

“So you cut yourself.” Itachi said in a statement as stable as he could and I just gave a nod, “You felt like dying was a better option than live?”

I slightly flinched at the hurt in Itachi’s voice and I had to force back the tears that wanted to push their way out, but I didn’t want to show my weakness. Dad used to say that crying was for weaklings and that boys didn’t cry.

“It was just a matter of luck that mother came into my room.” I continued trying to forget Itachi’s comment before, “I was so close to passing out so it’s hazy but I remember mother screaming and father say something about failure.” Now I really was on the verge of breaking, I was shaking slightly and still fought to keep the tears away.

For the first time that during our conversation I turned my head to look at Itachi, “D-do you know how it feels to hear someone say you’re a failure as you’re slowly passing out from blood loss?” I whispered and then I could feel a tear run down along my cheek and I started to shake more, ‘Boys don’t cry… Boys don’t cry…’

Then I could feel Itachi’s arms wrap around me and he rocked me back and forth as if he knew what I was thinking, “It’s okay to cry, it’s always okay to cry, Sasuke.”

That was what pushed me over the edge, I really broke down crying on my brother. Sadness and tears that I had been hiding away deep inside for years escaped my eyes.

“I’m so sorry for not seeing, Sasuke.” He said weakly as he hugged me tightly and I sobbed and clung to him for my life. I hadn’t been this close to him since I was about 4 years old, now 11 years later it felt like I never wanted him to let go of me.

“P-please promise you’ll visit me every Sunday you are here in town… Please…” I stuttered out between my sobs and looked up at him with a pleading look in my eyes.

“I promise, I’ll even see if I can visit other times to if possible.” Itachi said comfortingly and at same time I started to stop shaking so much and instead felt how tired I had become of this, I felt my head tilt forward against Itachi’s chest.

“Thank you… Itachi…” I whispered as I felt how I slowly drifted away to sleep but I tried to keep my eyes open, afraid that he would be gone when I opened up my eyes.

“Just sleep, Sasuke. I won’t go until you’re awake.” Itachi said softly and with that I could allow myself to fall asleep, the last thing I remember is Itachi carefully laying me down and pulling up the covers over me as he watched me with a serious expression, my parents was going to have a real questioning by him later.