TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Rehabilitation Center by Kairos

[Reviews - 7]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of the characters. (But I do own a nurse or two XP)

Warnings: Language, suicidal contents, yaoi...
I sighed as the nurse escorted me into the huge building, it was completely white and a sign with black letters said: “Konoha’s Rehabilitation Center". For me it meant the mental sickness hospital. A place for weirdoes. Crazy people. I’m not crazy, I’m very certain of that but my mother insisted on me going there. All because of one ‘little’ cut, or well a couple of small cuts but what’s the deal anyway? It hadn’t even been deep enough to be called cuts but apparently it’s enough to send people to rehab these days.

The nurse smiled sadly at me when I sighed, it was a pitiful look she had on her face.

Dammit, she doesn’t have a clue about how I got here, I’m not a depressed cuter or something like that for God’s sake, I had one bad day. ONE fucking bad day and then you’re diagnosed as mentally unstable.

“Uchiha-kun, I am Ikumi Risa. I’ll tell you the rules and the most important information, feel free to interrupt me if you have any questions.” I was pulled out of my thoughts and looked at the nurse with a bored look on my face.

“1. No one are allowed outside without permission, except the garden here. 2. The time the collective part is open is between 5 am and 9 pm, at 9 pm you shall be in your room. 3. You’ve to see the psychologist at least one time every week. 4. Don’t start fights and such things. 5. No trying to escape you’ll only be caught here longer then.” The nurse Ikumi took a short pause with a thoughtful look on her face, I frowned and glared at her to get her going again, “Ah, the information was it… Breakfast is served between 6am and 10am, lunch between 12 am and 2 pm, dinner between 5pm and 7pm. Visitation day is on Sundays!”

I gave a short nod and she smiled to me and then she pushed me against the reception where an older ‘lady’ sat and read the ‘Konoha Daily Newspaper’. She looked up at us when we approached her. I still had my bored look on my face and the old lady looked from me to Ikumi.

“Ikumi-san, what can I help you with?” She asked and smiled slightly, putting her newspaper down.

“Aiko-san, this is Uchiha Sasuke, the new one.” Ikumi said and made a gesture to me, I rolled my eyes slightly and let our a deep sigh, I just wanted to get some peace, “A map, room number and information wouldn’t be so bad.”

“Ah, I see.” Aiko said and smirked when she saw me roll my eyes, “You don’t seem to entertained Uchiha-kun.” She said while she opened a couple of drawers and took out a bunch of papers.

I snorted and glanced to my right where other patients entertained themselves by watching TV and other stuff. To me it was a bit of a surprise, I thought this place would be stuffed with older people than me. People who was strange and creepy, but as I looked over the place it seemed that it only was people around my age and they seemed to be fairly normal. Perhaps they had the same problem as me.

“Uchiha-kun?” Ikumi said questioningly and put a hand on my shoulder which made me turn my head back quickly.

“As Aiko just said your room is number 009…” Ikumi pointed against a corridor to the left, “You just walks through that corridor and well, follow the numbers.” She added with a smile and handed me my papers.

I gave her one of my now over used nods and was just going to turn around when she grabbed my shoulder again, I felt how I just wanted to slap away her hand but instead I turned around to her with a calm and collected face expression as I bit back the irritation. ‘Damn nurse.’

“Uchiha-kun, don’t forget that you can talk to someone whenever you feel to.” She said and smiled sweetly against me, if I didn’t know better I’d think she tried to flirt with me.

“Sure.” I said in a plain voice and then rose an eyebrow, “Can I go now?” I then added and tried to look as bored as possible, apparently it made her notice that I wasn’t a tiny bit interested in talking more with her because she nodded and gave me a light push. I fought back the urge to turn around and slap her.

‘God, maybe I really should be here.’ I admitted to myself as I walked against my room, ‘But that would be for aggressions.’

I dumped the papers on the nightstand beside the bed and then I opened the bag that lied on my bed, it was all belongings I had been allowed to take with me and it included clothes, books, drawing paper and pencils, notebooks, my mp3-player and similar things. My mother would be able to bring me more things if I would need more.

Without any problems I moved the bag from the bed and pushed it in under the bed before I laid down and picked up a random book. I just wanted to do something peaceful.

Then, my moment of peace didn’t last longer than 10 minutes before I heard a knock on the door and then a boy peeked in, I glared at him.

“Hey! I thought I hadn’t seen you here before!” The boy said and grinned as he allowed himself to come into my room, I sat up in my bed with a frown on my face, “I’m Inuzuka Kiba and you could say I’m one of the ‘oldest’ patients here, they never seem to let me go.” He then said with a hand gesticulation and slightly rolled his eyes.

“Hn, Uchiha Sasuke.” I said in a bored tone and looked at the browned haired boy in front of me who didn’t seem to think about going so I put down my book and sighed, “You wanted something special?” I then asked.

“Na, just curious, that’s all.” Kiba said and scratched his head, “But when I’m here… Hey, follow me, I’ll present you to the others!”

“No, thanks.” I replied and picked up my book trying to pick up from where I ended before Kiba has stormed in.

“Come on, don’t be like that.” He said and leant against the wall, “It will be more fun out there than in here, I could place a bet on that.” He said and smirked, trying to get me up.

“No, I’m fine here.” I replied still trying to read without letting Kiba’s talk annoy me, but it’s easier said than done.

“Don’t be such a wiseass.” He then said and sighed, I froze at his remark and slowly lowered the book, glaring daggers at him.

“What did you call me?” I asked him with a calm but pretty dangerous voice, I was almost 100 percent sure that he would leave the room, scared of ever talking to me again.

But no, he didn’t, “I called you wiseass.” He instead repeated with a smirk on his face, he really enjoyed this and I couldn’t help but looking surprised that he still was standing there.

“Hmf, annoying brat.” I muttered and glared at him, “Are you going to leave me alone or what?” I then asked when he still didn’t move.

Kiba’s smirk just grew and was soon replaced with a very wide grin which annoyed me so much that if I wasn’t so good at controlling myself as I was I probably would have punched him and made that grin fall of his face, but I doubt he would stop grinning even if I gave him a beating.

“Nope, I’m not leaving you alone until you decides to come with me and meet the others.” He said, of course still grinning at me.

I sighed and put down my book one more time, he sure was stubborn but I had to admit that this kid had guts to still stand here, not even looking a tiny bit scared of me. Somehow I felt respect for him only by that.

“If I come with you, will you then leave me alone?” I asked, almost pleading as I stood up.

“Yup! Then I’ll leave you alone.” Kiba said and smiled, “That is, if you want to be left alone after meeting everyone else!” He said as he turned around and started walk against the collective room which very fast steps, I almost had to run after him to keep up.

Then he stopped behind the couch and whistled which made everyone turn around with questioning looks, I could feel their eyes upon me. I sighed inwardly and then glared at Kiba who grinned widely at the others.

“Hey guys! This is Uchiha Sasuke, the new guy, and I hope you all will treat him well, and I am sure he’ll treat you well!” At this part Kiba looked at me with a smirk and I continued to glare at him before looking at the people in the couches. I hears several Hi and Hello s from them and some of them just gave a nod in greeting, I did the same.

Not much later I felt Kiba grab my sleeve as he pulled me away from the others and then pushed me down in a chair then he sat down in front of me. I frowned as he pulled up a small notebook.

“What are you doing?” I asked and frowned.

“Just thought I should tell you about them.” Kiba said and gesticulated against the others, “Here everyone knows about each others problems.” He said and opened the book, I leant forward and rested my head in one hand, I couldn’t deny that I was a bit curious about why the others was here.

“First we have Aburame Shino…” Kiba said and pointed at a dark haired guy with round and black glasses, “Who suffers of some hallucinations… I’ve heard he sees a lot of bugs and stuff… Lucky he hasn’t anything against bugs or he’d be insane.” I rose an eyebrow and eyed the Aburame, I had heard of his family, they were famous for being good entomologists.

“Then the redhead, Gaara, you can’t miss him…” Kiba said and I immediately found the pale, red haired boy, he had really dark circles around his eyes, “He has schizophrenia, a source have told me that he gets really nasty without medication and he’s usually creepy so keep on the good side with him.”

I frowned and glanced at the redhead before turning to Kiba again, “Insomniac?” I asked and Kiba gave a nod.

“Haruno Sakura, the pink haired girl… Not easy to miss her either. She suffers from anorexia and a light personality disorder.” Kiba said and I located the pink haired girl, she looked at me and smiled. I had a feeling that she would be annoying, I had seen that look on many girls before her, this was going to get tiresome.

“Then we have the two Hyuuga, Neji and Hinata, they’re the ones with those really bright eyes.” Kiba said and I saw them sitting beside each other in the sofa, “Hinata has a light depression and Neji has some aggression problems, I wouldn’t like to get on his bad side.”

“Are they family?” I asked, then I realized it was a pretty stupid question, I mean they both was named Hyuuga and their eyes looked the same.

“Yeah…” Kiba said and then put his book down, “Inuzuka Kiba, a k a, me.” He said and pointed at himself with a sheepish grin on his face, “Paranoia, that’s why I’m the one who knows everything about everyone.”

Aha, that made everything much clearer for me. Then there was an explanation for Kiba’s behavior, I guess he dragged me out from my room so he could learn a bit about me, so he wouldn’t suspect me to me some murder or stalker, or well... What did I know about paranoia?

“Well, after me there’s Itsume Chouji who has bulimia, as you see, and next to him is Nara Shikamaru who I think has anorexia, I haven’t gotten much out of him, he is a really lazy and quiet guy, likes to watch clouds.” Kiba said and I eyed Shikamaru who leant back with closed eyes.

“Rock Lee, the one in green tights.” Kiba said and I couldn’t help myself to just stare at the boy, he had a very odd style, “Haha, I had that look first time I saw him too. Well, he has ADHD which can become really visible sometimes.”

“Then I have to make a space for you on my list, Sasuke-kun.” Kiba said and wrote down something, “What’s up with you?”

I sighed, “Actually, nothing.” I replied and I knew Kiba wouldn’t be satisfied with that answer but that was my truth and I had liked to keep it that way.

“Come on, I can see it on you.” Kiba said and rolled his eyes, “I’m just asking to be polite but admit it, you’re a cutter.”

I frowned and eyed him, how in hell could he tell just like that? It wasn’t like I had a lot of cuts and scars over my whole arms, and I actually even had a long sleeved shirt to cover it. Damn it, he must be a damn good analyzer because of his paranoia.

“Easy pal, you didn’t fit in any of the other groups.” Kiba said and smirked before he glanced back at the others with a frown on his face, “Right…” He mumbled.

“What?” I asked.

“Then there’s Uzumaki Naruto, who is in his room right now…” Kiba said and his grin faded from his face and changed into concern, “Naruto, blonde, blue eyed… manodepressive and ADHD. A very bad mix. Naruto is this place sunshine if I can express myself that way without sounding to weird…” Kiba muttered

Kiba took a deep breath, “He’s usually happy and content, or more like hyper since he has ADHD too, but then since he has that manodepressive thing he can really sink to the bottom, I must say that he’s the one who has the worst time here, still he tries to act happy even when he’s down but I think he hit the bottom yesterday…” Kiba explained as he glanced against the corridor we had walked through.

I gave him a nod in understanding then I remembered walking past room 008, the door had been slightly open and I had just seen something bright yellow in the bed, guess it could be that boy.

“Room 008?” I asked and frowned, Kiba nodded.

Then I felt a hand at my shoulder, I turned my head to meet find out that the pink-haired girl stood behind me, still with that look on her face,
“Hi Sasuke-kun.” She said and smiled, “I just thought I would present myself, I’m Haruno Sakura and I’m living in room 014 if you want to see me sometime.” She then added.

As I had thought before, she annoyed me. And it was only my first day here. I sighed inwardly and instead of ignoring her, as I had liked to, I extended my hand in a greeting.

“Nice to meet you.” I said in my monotone voice and hoped she would leave. She did leave, with a squeal as she headed back to the couch and sat down beside Hinata, giggling because she had talked and gotten a reply from the new hot guy. I sighed.

“Aw, poor guy with the good looks.” Kiba said and grinned, “Forgot to tell ya that Sakura is the flirty one in here.”

“I noticed.” I said tiredly and slumped down my shoulders, gee. I really just wanted to get out of here, my problems was NOTHING if you compared them with the others. On Sunday I would beg on my bare knees to make my mother change her mind and let me come home again. I didn’t plan on staying long.

“It isn’t so bad here.” Kiba said, apparently he had noticed the look on my face, “I’ve been here for three years now. Every time they think I’m ‘cured’ they let me out and all those times I’ve been back in a matter of a couple of days. I totally freaks out cause of all people... I’ll probably never be able to live a normal life on the outside.” He sighed and looked down at the town below through the window.

I didn’t know what to say… Kiba must have a hard time being here for so long but then if he can’t handle the world outside, who knows if I will be able to handle his world on the inside?

I hate to be locked in, to only be able to move within these walls. I’m scared I’ll go insane by just being here. I need my freedom, I need to know that I’m free to move as I please.

“Opposites…” I mumbled and glanced out through window and without a problem found the Uchiha estate, my whole family lives in the same surrounding. God I wanted to be back there, even if I didn’t like my home it would be better than this.

“Huh?” Kiba rose an eyebrow at me, “What did you say?”

I glanced at him before slightly shaking my head, “No… Nothing.” I turned my head back and glanced out of the window, luckily I probably would be out of this place in two days, Sunday… If my mother would give in.

“Well, well! You must admit it wasn’t so bad to come out here, huh?” Kiba then said and grinned, I sighed, giving up. He had been right, it was a nicer atmosphere here than in the room, it was to plain and the bed had been uncomfortable, but then I was used to a bit of luxury.

“I knew it.” He said and grinned, “By the way, I didn’t greet you properly! Welcome to Konoha’s Rehabilitation Center for mentally sick weirdo kids!”

I couldn’t help letting out a laugh at the remark, the way Kiba said it was just… indescribable funny.

Maybe this would be an interesting time.