TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Chuunin Retest by Katon

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
*6 a.m in the hokages chamber*

Tsunade has just finished up her work for the day and has come to a very important decision..

"Its time" she states aloud to herself "Izumo, Kotetsu, get in here"

the door to the 5ths room burts open and izumo and kotetsu run in.

"Yes 5th what is it" Izumo & Kotetsu answer in unison.

"now that the trouble with sasuke has been dealt with it is time to make the announcement" Tsunade stated softly.

"Are you sure Hokage-sama" asked Kotetsu

"It is a bit early" followed Izumo

"Do It!" yelled Tsunade a bit frustraded because of all the work she had jus done, shed much rather have been gambling.

"Yes Sir!" both replied while hurring out of the room to spread the word.

The door slammed behind them and Tsunade sat back and laughed to herself. how tense everyone was around here. She was not used to this kind of treatment. this should be interesting she thought to herself and then prepared to get ready.

*8 am food court in the village of Konoha*

Its a quiet morning even more then usual. A slight breeze works its way through the village, suddenly the silence is broken...

"Rahmen, Rahmen!" Naruto rushes into the food court. "Rahmen time for Rahmen!"

Naruto burts around the corner and begins to realize that no one is to be found. Finnally he approaches the Rahmen shop but as he goes to enter the owner walks out.

"Old man why are you out here" Whined Naruto "by the way where is everybody?"

"Everyone is heading to the Hokages chamber to here an important announcement" the owner locks the door "That is where i am heading as well"

"announcement? Im going too" Naruto yelled, maybe it will be a new mission he thought to himself.

Naruto runs off ahead of the old man to get to the Hokages chamber.

*9 am outside the Hokages chamber*

Tsunade walked outside of her chamber to find that the whole village had already assembled. Three hours not bad she thought to herself as she approached the stand. well i guess its time to tell them.

"I know you are all wondering why i called you here." Tsunade stated "and the answer is simple I have gatherede you all to announce a chuunin retest."

There were whispers among the villagers, never before has there been a reexamination under any circumstance even if canclled because of a problematic situation.

"When, when" Naruto yelled "Ill be sure to win this time!"

Naruto wasnt the only one interested with the sudden announcement. Villagers began to shout many various questions. Tsunade new the villagers would be surprised and that there was an incredible upset because the last one was cancelled. Although she never expected how enthusiastic the village would be about the idea.

"The exam will be held in one week, I will be selecting eight genins that i feel most fit for the benefits of the retest." Tsunade was silenced by the questions of why only eight would retest. "well." She stated. "We will only be reholding the last part of the exam over, withen three days I will announce the candidates for the test so that they can prepare. Even if you did not make to the finals last time I have watched as all of your talents have grown and you may be chosen because of this."

Cheers rose throughout the village, the entertainment of the chuunin exam would be warmly welcomed after the stress of recent events.

"Watch for the tournament sheets you never know who the matches will be between." replied Tsunade to the cheers as she turned and rentered her chamber.

The villagers after a but of excited chatter left and returned to their daily buisness until only Naruto remained.

The chuuin exam I know ill be chosen he thought. Ill finnally get to prove myself to everybody and finnally beat Sasuke. Expecially beat Sasuke Ill prove im his equal no matter what! "time for that rahmen" Naruto turned and left.

*5 pm Shikimarus house*

There are loud knocks at the front door and Shikimaru mumbles to himself as he gets up to walk towards the door. His father is on a mission and his mother is out running errands leaving him with the troublesome tasks that had to be done around the house. After a few more mooments and and another knock or two he reached the door and opened it.

"The 5th wishes to see you" Answered Kotetsu to the opening of the door. "She says it is very urgent"

Shikimaru thought for a moment. "Whenever she asks for me it is always troublsome" He sighed. "Well I guess I dont have much choice."

They both walked out and headed for the Hokages chamber.

*5:30 pm Inside the Hokahes chamber*

Shikimaru stands before Tsunade, they are alone in the room and there are a few moments of awkward silence. The tension in the air continues to rise and finnally Tsunade speaks.

"You will be retaking the chuunin exam." Shikimaru went to reply but Tsunade interrupted. "I wont take no for an answer I know the 3rd reccomended you for the title of Chuunin during the last exam but i would like to see your talent for myself."

Shikimaru thought of his options all he wanted was to live life as simply as he could but his train of thought was broken when Tsunade spoke. "Is there anything you would like to say or are we in agreement."

He was silent for a second and then he sighed and replied. "I understand. although... this is going to be troublesome."