TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Sasuke's Sadness, Naruto's Madness by Asterios

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
My name is Naruto. Uzumaki Naruto. When I was born, the fourth Hokage, a brilliant man and my role model, sealed a nine-tailed beast inside me. This is the reason I was an outcast. In the Village Hidden in the Leaves, Konoha, being different was hard. As a child I was shunned, everyone refusing to even acknowledge my existence, rushing their favored children off to their warm, comfortable families, never giving the lonely blond orphan even a sidelong, second glance. It was hard. It was so terrible, some days, I wouldn't eat, because my heart hurt so bad it drowned out my bodily hunger pains. Life was miserable and yet I found temporary hope.

By pulling pranks, I forced the citizens to realize my existence. This did not make me loved or wanted, in fact, I was labeled the drop-put, dead-last, loser. I use to stare in my mirror, wondering why I was so different that everyone hated me. Was it my pair of three black lines etched across my cheeks, resembling whiskers? Was it my pale blue eyes that people mistook for stupidity? What made me spited? My blonde hair was nothing compared to the Yamanakas family, or Sakura's pink hair. This all changed the day Iruka protected me and showed me how much he valued me. To know that someone cared about me, that someone even knew I existed? Suddenly, the huge, gaping wound of a hole in my heart was filled and I was pulled from the darkness. I don't remember if I ever thanked him. I should have.

It's been over three years since that day. Akatsuki, an evil organization, is out to capture me and try to withdraw the nine-tailed fox from inside me. Also, an evil enemy to Konoha, Orochimaru, had Sasuke and almost stole him body to use in a forbidden jutsu in order to allow that man immortality. Sasuke was saved by Sakura and myself, along with Kakashi, our teacher, and Yamato, our new instructor. We killed Orochimaru. Sasuke now back in Konoha with the rest of us, refused to talk, knowing that he had once been labeled, Missing-Nin.

Tsunade, our current Hokage, allowed him to return to our village unscathed, without being interrogated too harshly, or imprisoned. Sasuke was however, unable to go on missions for the time being, namely because he was considered a Ninja of the Leaf anymore. He would, though, once he got this sorted out.

Sasuke was always the brooding brat. Black hair framed his pale face. Dark eyes that pierced, spiked up flip of hair in the back. Shaped cheekbones and a seal on his neck. Uchiha Sasuke was a man, a toned, tall, thin man. I was tall, muscular, thinner than average, no body fat, and exceptionally tan. We were best friends three years ago. And now...now... Now we don't say anything to each other.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naruto was walking down the main street of Konoha when passed the Uchiha. He waited for the raven to say something, anything. It was his problem and he needed to speak first. Naruto was sick and tired of crying at night about his lost friends, he wanted it so badly to go back to the way it was, but it couldn't because Sasuke would never apologize. It was his fault. Naruto was adamant about this.

Sasuke had passed the yellow haired boy and wanted desperately to say something. It was terrible to know that it was his fault. Sasuke wanted to grab the boy, pin him against the wall and calmly and sincerely say directly to him, "I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I'm sorry." But the Uchiha would never do it because he knew Naruto would never want to hear it. He was done with Sasuke. He hadn't even so much as smiled since the second he finally rescued him and killed Orochimaru. Sasuke pulled his white robe a little closer to his body, still downcast staring at the ground in front of him. He felt the boy walk by and his frown turned a little deeper. Please, he begged silently, Naruto, please just say something. Allow me the chance to apologize. I want your friendship. I need something in my life other than vengeance.

It was true. With Itachi out of the picture, Sasuke had no plans of vengeance to fret his days on. He felt empty, without purpose now that he had accomplished his goal of killing his murdering brother.

Naruto walked by Sasuke and nothing happened. The Uchiha pulled his clothes tighter, a defensive move Naruto took to mean he didn't want to speak to him. Again... Naruto walked past his former friend and stopped in his tracks. He turned around and looked at him walking away, farther and farther away.

Sasuke felt something drill into the back of his neck. He quickly, but not so quickly that he seemed excited, turned his head around and came face to face with Naruto's glare. Naruto's eye were small and almond, waterlogged and shiny as a single tear welled up in his left eye. He grimaced and shook his head down, a tear slipping off his cheek, reflecting sunlight until it hit the ground beneath him as nothing more than a discolored spot.

Sasuke looked at him, his breath becoming ragged and his face pallid. He looked into Naruto's shiny eyes and mouthed the words, "I'm sorry," very clearly and very quickly as he turned away and headed for his place of residence. He didn't know what to say except to apologize. Hopefully that would get their relationship rolling again. If only he had listened to him in the first place and refused to go, none of this would have happened.

Naruto saw him mouth those words he waited so long to hear. Seeing them was good enough. His past anger and sadness melted away, as his tearful frown cracked into a lopsided smile.

Sasuke slid open his door and shuffled inside, closing it behind him. As he turned his first corner he saw somebody standing in his doorway.

"We need to talk." Naruto said to Sasuke.

--------Chapter The Second.---------

Sasuke was surprised to find the yellow haired teenager standing in his hallway, arms crossed and eyes squinted. He was angry, but he wasn't as mad as he usually would be. His mouth could almost be mistaken for a smile. Sasuke looked at this strange sequence of events and instantly reverted to his old habits. Shrugging off any attempt to do the right thing, he walked past Naruto, whisking past him just by shifting his weight, he was inches past him when in a flash the Kyuubi boy had appeared in front of him. It was almost instantaneous, the kind of speed that rivaled Kakashi-sensei, Naruto had improved- a lot. The Raven ninja actually stumbled backward slightly. An Uchiha... stumbling. Catching his ground he continued his attempt to get past Naruto and toward his room, which could lock. He desperately wanted to lock himself away from his past.

He had shoved into his friend when the yellow teen's arm shot out and blocked him at chest height. His cerulean eyes narrowed at the black haired angsty brat, and with not a trace of playfulness, his mouth narrowed, too, and he spoke low and succinctly. "Sasuke. We need to talk, now."

Sasuke was taken aback. Normally, this kid would wait for orders or follow someone's cue, but to take it upon himself to begin something and show control was something the Raven was not used to. Sasuke was not going to give up easily, no matter how much dominance Naruto showed in this situation. He curled his lip a tad bit, and rolled his eyes, saying in a low and silky voice, almost reminiscent of the particular way Orochimaru was known for, "Naruto. I have nothing to say to you."

This started it all, and what happened next continued so fast that actions were not even notices, either of them only remember vaguely what each other said.

Said Naruto, "Then what about your apology?"
Sasuke replied, "I never said that."
To which Naruto screamed, "You mouthed it!"
Here is where Sasuke sulked, "So?"
Naruto was furious, screaming even louder, "SO?! What do you mean so? It's an apology and I want to know if you meant it!"
Sasuke here looked to the ground, eyes mere slits, "What do you care? It's not like it matter."

Naruto was boiling at this point, ready to smack Sasuke across the face. His anger at his friends problems was finally surfacing. He was barely containing himself when he spoke and said, "It matters! I spent three years trying to save you, Damn it! Bastard!"

"No one asked you to save me!"

Silence.

Naruto was at a loss. His whiskers which were dark black, began to fade away into mere lines across his cheeks. His eyes seem to cool a little and his mouth became looser. His snarl was now a frown.

Naruto had switched emotions with Sasuke, now rejected and sad, he looked to the side, forcing himself to stay strong, mustering up enough inner strength to say, "Then I guess I shouldn't have fixed this. I'm sorry for caring."

Silence again.

Naruto was walking toward the door, fingers trailing the left wall as he walked slowly. As he reached the door, his back to Sasuke, his body tremored and a droplet fell onto his back of his hand. He slowly turned back to the Bastard, made eye contact.

Sasuke's eyes made contact with Naruto and his heart sank to the bottom of his feet. He didn't even realize he still had a heart. His voice choked as he tried to speak out softly, "I...I-I...." but alas, no sound was heard except the door slamming. Right as the door made a large noise, Sasuke finally said, "Sorry!" loudly, but it was too late, his voice was drowned by the wooden door hitting the frame.

Sasuke turned around, eyes beginning to water. Turning to his right, he walked through his main living room, next to the bedroom. As he entered the door, he saw Naruto sitting on the couch, arms crossed, staring in a smile.

The Raven was the first to speak here, "...Kage Bunshin?"

Smiling, The Kyuubi Boy said, "Yes. I heard your apology, too. That's all I wanted, was to know you were sorry for throwing away your life like that."

"I'm not going to say I'm sorry again, Naruto. You'll unleash nine-tails completely before I say that again."

Naruto smiled, "You meant it, that your sorry. I want to go back to where we were before."

"I don't know if we can do that."
"Why not?" asked Naruto.
"Because I... I don't deserve any of that."
"But I want you..." Naruto paused here a little too long, "to be my friend again. I considered you my best friend.

"I know. I did, too," said Sasuke.
"I care about you," Naruto spoke softly, again pausing just a little too long, "as a friend."

They stared into each others eye and they both expressed their pain silently. Sasuke turned away, ready to flee any scene of emotion he was involved with. Naruto grabbed his and shoved him against the wall, pinning one arm against his side. Sasuke was angry and pulled his right hand up towards his face, striking forward to catch Naruto's jaw, throwing his balance to the ground. Naruto went feral here, grabbing both arms with one hand pinning them above his head and lifting one knee to stop any leg attack. His strength was tremendous, enough to supress Sasuke's trained arms. Naruto leaned in close until they were almost nose to nose.

"You won't hit me again, or I'll rip you heart out of your ribcage and eat it in front of you, bastard."

Sasuke was scared. Such strength was not to be trifled with. Here he realized his disadvantage and merely nodded slightly, eyes widened and mouth agape. Naruto leaned forward even closer, eyes almost literally touching.

Naruto was trying to intimidate him, and it was working, until Sasuke leaned his jaw forward, touching his lips against Naruto's.

Surprised, Naruto leaned back, Sasuke smiling deeply, looking almost drugged. Naruto was about to kick him when his body shook and his pants got a little tight. This was odd. He leaned back and asked Sasuke a question.

"What jutsu was that? Was that a Charming Jutsu?"
"No. It was a kiss."
Silence.
More Silence.
"W-Why?"
"I felt like it. I wanted to." Sasuke simply stated.
"Oh."
"Did you like it?"
"I don't know. I'm confused... what just happened?"
"I kissed you."
Naruto suddenly realized, all this time he had been chasing Sasuke to save him, not out of friendship, but something deeper. This was a friendship so deep he wanted to become a part of Sasuke, and wanted Sasuke to become a part of him. He wanted them to be...more than friends?

Naruto leaned forward this time, landing his lips on Sasuke's. They stayed connected for a second or two before Sasuke opened his mouth a little. His breath against Naruto's mouth ushered him into a sense of warmth, causing his mouth to open to. Naruto decided to lick Sasuke's lip, not because he knew how to kiss, but because he wanted to taste Sasuke. With a soft lick, Sasuke took this as permission and promptly inserted his tongue in his mouth. They began to passionately kiss, tongue wagging against each other, Naruto moving closer and closer to Sasuke's pressed body. Hands still pressed against the wall above his head, Sasuke turned his head upward, breaking connection with Naruto's mouth.

Almost by instinct, Naruto began to nibble on Sasuke's neck, all without realizing what he was doing. For a few minutes more, they passionately kissed, legs wrapped around each other, arms still pinned, and mouths still connected. Finally, Naruto broke the contact and stared into his friend's eye. He released the Uchihas hand, as it slowly trailed downward to rest on Naruto's hip.

Naruto looked into each eye, and then smiling he spoke up, "I'm going to go get some Ramen."

Sasuke merely stared, eyes and face devoid of expression. Inside, however, his stomach was doing backflips. This was terrific. He nodded as Naruto walked toward the door, shutting it softly behind him.