TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Entwined History by Hardofheart

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. Miyune belongs to me. A bit AU. The squad is 16, and since the failed Chuunin exam, they will remain Genin for a while.

flashbacks
'thoughts'
"speech"
"State your name and purpose."
"My name is Miyune and I am here to find residence."
"What is your identification?" The girl handed him a small card.
"Oh, I see. Welcome home, Miyune-san."


The girl called Miyune walked through Konoha, searching for the vacant apartment she would be calling home.
"Sasuke, did you get lost? Your house is in the other direction!" a young boy about her age called to her. She turned around and looked at the boy who had called her "Sasuke".
"My name is not, "Sasuke", whoever you are." she stated coldly to the orange-clad boy.
"My name's not "whoever you are"! It's Uzumaki Naruto!" he fired back.
"Fine then, Naruto," she fairly spat, "can you tell me where this apartment is?" She handed him the piece of paper with the address of the apartment on it.
"Yeah. You live next door to me." he muttered. 'Great, now I have a bitch for a neighbor.' he thought bitterly.
"Since we're going to be neighbors, what's your name?" he asked, casting her a suspicious glance. 'Damn, she looks like Sasuke-teme!'
"My name is Miyune." she muttered softly.
"Sorry, I didn't catch that." he said.
"Miyune." she replied louder, glowering at him.
"Alright. You live in this building, next to me." he said, pointing at the building she stood in front of. "You must be new around here. Let me show you around." Naruto offered. After contemplating this, she decided to take him up on his offer.

"So, this is what Konoha looks like?" she asked after a while.
"Yep. It's not much." Naruto replied. "Wait, you've heard of this place?"
"Well, um, I was born here, but I was taken to another nearby village when I was very young. I was told that this was my home..." she trailed off into a long silence. They arrived at the training grounds, where Sakura and Sasuke were doing an exercise with their Jounin leader, Kakashi.
"Yo!" Kakashi called, greeting his student. "Who's this?"
"This is Miyune-san. She was born here, and she's returning to the village to stay." Naruto called meeting up with his teammates.
"Miyune-san, huh? Nice to meet you," Kakashi said cheerfully. "I am Hatake Kakashi, or Kakashi-sensei to you, and these are my pupils."
"Haruno Sakura." the pink-haired girl said softly.
"Uchiha Sasuke." a boy with dark hair and eyes said dully.
"Uzumaki Naruto." the boy in orange said, flashing a grin.
"U-chi-ha?" she questioned softly, the name sending an alarm through her system.
"Hn." he grunted, acknowledging her question. She tilted her head to the side, gazing into his eerily dark eyes.
"You seem familiar, somehow." she said quietly, dropping her gaze to the ground.
"Well, since the introductions are done, I have a feeling the Hokage would like to see you." Kakashi said softly. "Grab a hold of me, all of you." She looked at him quizzically, then took his arm, seeing the others do the same. In a flash, all five of them were standing in the Hokage's office.

"Ahh, Miyune-san. I've been expecting you." the Godaime said quietly. She bowed her head out of respect.
"Thank you for seeing me, Hokage-sama." she said in an equally soft tone.
"Kakashi, would you please escort your students outside? I would like to see you too." the Hokage said.
"Hai, Hokage-sama." Kakashi nodded and herded his students outside, closing the door.
"You have returned, Miyune-san. It has been nearly 14 years since you were last here."
"Yes, I know. I returned to stay here, where I was born." She handed him the small card she used to enter Konoha.
"Ahh, I see. Miyune, since you are just at Genin rank, I think it would be best for you to be trained along with the rest of Kakashi's students. They are also Genin. Kakashi, do you have any objections?"
"None, whatsoever, Hokage-sama." Kakashi said, smiling through his mask.
"It's settled then. You will begin your training as a shinobi tomorrow with Kakashi and his students." the Hokage said cheerfully.
"Arigatou, Hokage-sama." she replied, bowing again and taking her card from the Hokage. Kakashi did the same and led her outside to meet with the rest of his students.
"Miyune-san will be part of our squad until we can find her an appropriate teacher. Since the new squads were just selected a few days ago, she will be with us for about a year, until the next Genin graduation." Kakashi said cheerfully. "How about you three get to know your new teammate better?"
"O.K.!" Naruto said cheerfully, as Sakura nodded and Sasuke "hn"-ed in reply.

"So, Miyune-san, where are you from?" Sakura asked the newcomer.
"I was born here, but taken to another village when I was pretty young. I don't know the name of that village." She replied. 'How does she not know the name of the village she grew up in? And why does she look so much like Sasuke-kun?' Sakura thought, feeling rather confused. Sakura looked at the other girl. She was about Sasuke's height, with those dark eyes and bluish-black hair almost as long as her own. She was beautiful, but she wouldn't say it to her face.
"If you haven't been here since you were born, how can you know me?" Sasuke asked, staring at her suspiciously.
"I said you seemed familiar, not that I knew you." she replied coldly. 'For not knowing each other, they're sure alike!' Naruto thought as he ate a bowl of ramen.
"Regardless, why did you say my name like that?" he pressed.
"I don't know. You seemed familiar to me, that's all." she replied. Naruto and Sakura remained silent, feeling the tension between the two.
"How can you not know? You know yourself, don't you?" he said, a faint smirk forming on his face.
"I told you, I don't know! I came back here to find out who killed my family! I don't really even know who I am!" she burst out, immediately clamping a hand over her mouth, but the damage was done.
"Do you have a family name, Miyune-san?" Sasuke asked quietly. She shook her head sadly.
"All I know is that there's someone from this village who knows me. Who can help me destroy the monster who destroyed my family." she stared at the ground, and Naruto audibly gulped. 'Shit! She's talking about the Kyuubi! I'm dead!' he thought frantically.
"And who is this monster?" Sasuke asked, but Miyune stayed silent for the longest time before smirking at the boy with dark hair.
"Well, wouldn't you like to know?" she said softly.