TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Cygnus Olor by Rowanrose

[Reviews - 18]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I will be uploading Part 2 of this chapter later today.
Please Read ( i hope you do)
Review (tell me what you think!)
and (most importantly)
ENJOY!!!

There's translations in the end notes~

6/25/12

Disclaimer: (oops I forgot this) I do not in any shape or form claim to own Naruto (the character and the story) and any of the characters within. All these belong to their rightful owner, Masashi Kishimoto, and in all honesty; if someone like me had inherited Naruto or something, I'm sure you would've heard. XP I do, however, own Kokoro and my OCs as well as the story line.
1/2: Until Death Do Us Part


It was one of those freak Spring afternoons- the kind that promises Summer with its dead heat yet keeps Winter in its paycheck, looming in the fluffy white clouds. The roads were busy with chatter as people came out to bask in the heat; some hopefuls had even broken out their Summer wear and shivered slightly for their troubles.

The dog was a big one. Its hair was winter coat shabby, and it paced the length of its chain again and again, growling at all passerby. The street it lived on was jam packed with stalls and people, and it had worn itself out barking at the intruders. Now all it did was pace and wait, the heat drawing his tongue out of his long jowls and dripping his frothing saliva to the floor.

A child bulleted past, and his neck snapped to the side, the chain lifting off the floor as he leaped to bark after it. Everyone ignored him as they had come to do, and he soon settled down, the chain dropping in loops behind him. The chain was old and worn as the dog was young and wild; a single deliberate chink gathered dirt and settled in the dust.

The figure darted through the street escaping the notice of the many people there. A silent intruder amidst the crowd of noise, it soon spied its prey from afar. With a quick skip and a sly chuckle, it darted under the stall directly across its prey.

He was pale, and the sun’s brightness only enhanced his skin tone, but his black hair offset it starkly. His shirt bore the symbol of a fan, one duplicated on the backs of many of Konoha’s police force. He was an Uchiha, Sasuke Uchiha, and he was coming back home from the Academy. His mom had given him change to buy some vegetables on his way back. Sasuke examined a tomato carefully, turning it over to check for bruises, completely unsuspecting.

The figure’s heart pounded as it crept out from the shade of the stall, closer, closer. A weapon ready in its hand, four feet away, three feet away, two feet away from the completion of its mission. The tomato man looked up, eyes widening as he opened his mouth to exclaim, but it was too late! The knife came down and Sasuke turned at the last minute to grab the descending hand and kick the figure’s feet out from underneath it. It landed with a thud and a gasp, and Sasuke glared down at his assailant.

“Kokoro! What are you doing here?!”

The little girl giggled up at her older brother, putting her hands up for him to pull her up. “I,” she declared as he yanked her skywards, “am your bodyguard!”

“Bodyguards don’t kill their charges, Kokoro,” Sasuke said, pulling off “dry and sarcastic” quite well for a seven year old. “Does Mom know you’re here?”

Kokoro tossed her black hair, sticking her chin out and crossing her pudgy arms. “Of course! I’m almost five years old! Mommy said I can escort you home and protect you from evil assassins.”

Sasuke rolled his eyes and with a quick “Stay here” turned to the tomato man to haggle. He did exactly as his mother had told him, and minus fifty and a half yen per pound later, a satisfied Sasuke turned back. He was smart. He should have known.

“Kokoro?” he called, scanning the crows hastily. His mom would kill him if she got lost – again! He wandered between shorts, calling her name and groaning mentally. Why did he have to deal with this!? He was seven years old! This was the prime of his life, people!

“Kokor-“ he spotted her standing in front of the crazy dog next to the embroidery stall. The entirely dirty backside and mussed up, spike hair was a dead giveaway. “Kokoro!”

She didn’t seem to hear him. The little Uchiha was standing exactly six feet away from the pacing creature and talking enthusiastically. Sasuke shook his head; it probably had something to do about ‘being nice’ and getting a ‘treat’ and ‘no more timeouts’. The thing bared its teeth at her, and Sasuke narrowed his eyes as it paced closer to the tiny kid until its leach was stretched taut and it was straining to get at her.

Chubby arms gesticulating wildly, Kokoro was hardly as tall as the thing that was out to get her. Of course, Sasuke didn’t blame the dog for its bloodlust; he knew exactly how it felt, but he didn’t want it aimed at his sister.
“Come on Kokoro,” he started towards her, vegetables swinging in his left hand. “Let’s-“

The chain snapped, and ninety pounds of terror lurched straight at her. There were three simultaneous thuds as the kunai knives buried themselves into the links in the chain, tethering it to the ground, and a strangled choking as the dog stopped in midair, its collar throwing it back.

Everyone had frozen – Sasuke, Kokoro, and those few that had actually seen the impending disaster. His heart began to pound again, loudly inside his head, and Sasuke stared at his poised hand. He’d moved without thinking, on reflex- he’d saved his sister’s life.

Speaking of sisters; Sasuke looked up and saw his little suicidal maniac heading straight for the hulk, her face contorted into a look of worry and pity.
“Oh you poor doggy!” He heard her say the words, saw the dog twitch onto its feet, prayed for his hand to move again, quickly, quickly, she was there, she was there, someone screamed, and it leaped.

There was a sharp crack as the dog went flying, chain and all, into the nearest stall. Several people screamed, and the embroidery stall lady was out of there quicker than it took for Kokoro to gasp.

Itachi stood there, Kokoro in his grasp and out of the dog’s way. His black ponytail barely unsettled, his body was stiff in a state of readiness. Sasuke saw a glimmer of red in his eyes, and then, a smile as Itachi turned to him. By now, the entire place had grown dead quiet.

“Why did you do that for?” Kokoro yelled indignantly down at Itachi, getting over her shock enough to see the poor doggy in a state of unconsciousness.

The oldest Uchiha looked up at her face and said very solemnly; “You are the best, Kokoro.”

“Oh.” She pondered this. “Thank you.”

Chatter started up again and Sasuke followed his brother out of the crowd. As he passed the ruined stall, he saw. His brother had kicked the pooch hard enough to send it through two wooden posts, and somehow it had ended its journey at an pillow hung up for sales. He turned to his brother’s back, contemplating – it had all happened in the matter of a heartbeat. Sasuke grinned broadly and ran up to grab Itachi’s hand.


Mommy, also known as Mikoto Uchiha, freaked out. Not at the fact that Itachi had so wrongfully hurt the “poor doggy” as Kokoro had been hoping, of course, and the “little horror” was charged with “almost giving me – and your brothers – a heart attack”. Kokoro was punished severely. So severely, in fact, that she felt she had to take up the case with her father at the dinner table.

“Itadakimasu!” everyone said in unison. Kokoro’s was very quiet but acknowledged by a nod from her mother. The prisoner stared down at her slop with undisguised mourn and glanced to her side at Sasuke who was digging in with gusto. He noticed her looking and grinned. “Eat your food.”

She gasped at the insult. He was mocking her! He knew! He knew her punishment, yet he still!

“Daddy?” she turned to her father, who sat at the head of the table. They all sat on the floor with Kokoro’s mother and Itachi sitting across from her and Sasuke. Her father sat on her right at the head of the table. “Daddy?”

He looked up from his food gravely. The man’s strong jawline differed from his children, but they had all inherited this solemn eyes. “What is it?”

“Daddy, I did something that I’m very, very sorry for today.” Kokoro said, looking crestfallen. “But see, even though I’m very sorry for what I’ve done, Mommy still said I don’t get any dessert!”

Fugaku Uchiha raised his eyebrows. “Oh?”

“Yes Daddy.” Kokoro tilted her obsidian eyes to peer up at him through her bangs. “I can’t eat my food properly if I don’t have anything to look forward to, and I really am sorry.”

The usually stern man tried to hide his smile as he turned to Mikoto. “Mikoto?”

Mikoto raised her brows at the pair, looking quite stern in her floral print Kimono. Then she rolled her eyes and sighed, smiling her assent.

“Yatta!” Kokoro jumped up, clapping her hands delightedly. “Thank you Daddy, thank you!”

Fugaku gently pulled her back down to her seat, ruffling her hair slightly with his large hand. “Yes, yes, now eat your food quietly like a good girl.”

Kokoro bounced in her seat and beamed at Sasuke. The seven year old looked skeptical, but he nodded appraisingly before returning to his food to analyze the dynamics of what he’d just witnessed. Did she have some melting ray that she used on their father or something? How was that even possible when she's clueless enough to pet strange dogs!?

Kokoro beamed at Itachi and gave him a thumbs up and he smiled right back at her. But as she turned away…. Why was it that his smile faded so quickly?
Chapter end notes: (thanks to my awesome beta UzamakiMasumi! And this chapter is dedicated to my big brother)

Nii-san (Onii-san) = Big Brother
Yatta (Yattai) = YES!!!
Itadakimasu = formal greeting used in Japan before beginning to eat