TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shattered Spirit by bronzelord

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 13
A small boat floated through a world of mist, guided by the careful hand of the bridge maker. The passengers were deathly silent as the mists swirled around them. After a moment of silence, the silver haired jonin spoke.
“So, Tazuna-san. Would you mind telling us what exactly is going on?” Tazuna watched the four nin in his boat before looking back up towards the unseen horrizon.
“The Land of waves has never been a rich country, we have always been considered poor by surrounding nations. However, we never wanted for much, our Island country was able to support us, and give us a means to live a comfortable life. However, all this changed when a cruel and crooked business man waltzed into our country and used his fortune to try and dominate us. For a while, it appeared that he would succeed in taking over our country, then we got permissions to build a connector bridge to the mainland. This bridge is our country’s only hope, the hope to get out from under the thumb of injustice and regain our lives.” Tazuna said as they continued moving through the mists.
“And, who is this business man, Tazuna-san?” Kakashi said, studying the older man.
“Heh, his name is Gatoh.” Kakashi’s eyes bugged out.
“Gatoh? As in the Gatoh corportaion?!” Tazuna sighed in resignation, then jumped in surprise as he felt a hand on his shoulder.
“Don’t worry Tazuna-san. We won’t let Gatoh touch you.” He said with a hidden smile.
The erst of the short boat ride was made in complete silence except for the pole breaking the waves, pushing them on towards their destination. Suddenly, there was a large looming obstruction in front of them, Tazuna guided them with unfallible accuracy, through the rocks and into an opening, where they rode ashore to a pier. Tazuna gestured them up onto, the pier and nodded at some people who, immediately began taking care of the boat. The ninja followed the bridge builder as he began to make his way through a misty road. Kakashi was more interested on the unknown road ahead, when Naruto threw a kunai into the bushes on their right.
“Come on out. I sensed you already.” Naruto drawled in a bored voice. Kakashi glanced over to where the kunai had gone, and saw a rabbit. As his eye brows drew together, Sakura laughed at Naruto, and Sasuke sent him a questioning glance.
“Naruto! Thats a rabbit!” Sakura cackled. Naruto’s eyes shrank to slits as he studied the stupified animal.
“No, I definitely sensed a presence, not a stupid rabbit.” He ground out, pulling another kunai, and stepping closer to the bridge builder, Sasuke already following his lead. Kakashi was about to speak to his team, when he sensed sudden danger.
“GET DOWN!” He yelled and ducked himself, barely avoiding a spinning blade dancing down from a tree, which struck a tree and quivered there.
“Heh. Is that all the Copy Ninja Kakashi is able to do?” A haunting voice called up from where the blade connected to the tree. Warily, the silver haired jonin glanced upwards.
“Hmm... That blade, and your headband. Kirigakure nin, with a sword like that. You must be Zabuza.” He said quietly, studying the grey skinned man.
“Mmm... And you are Kakashi, the infamous Copy Ninja, the one who has copied a thousand techniques.” Zabuza replied. Kakashi didn’t need to turn, to know that his team had created a defensive formation around Tazuna.
“Hey you three, be careful and stay back. This man is known as Zabuza the Demon of the Mist. He is also a master of Silent killing.” Carefully, he reached up and gripped his own headband.
“I’m going to need to fight him, using my full strength.” With that he shoved the head band up freeing his eye from blindness. His vision suddenly got clearer and he could see the waves of chakra flowing off of the missing nin.
“Zabuza, you know my sharingan allows me to see the future. All that lies in your future is death.”