TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shattered Spirit by bronzelord

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I OWN NOTHING. Masashi Kishimoto owns the characters, places, and everything in general.
Chapter 1

A small blonde haired boy sat at the edge of a small pond by of the side of the main road. He had been sitting there for most of the morning, and he had been watching the roads. The roads were empty. He sent a searching gaze along the surrounding area, ensuring he was alone. The small blonde boy stood and looked into the water. The clear still water gave him a clear reflection. He saw his unruly blonde hair, his “whisker” like lines on his cheeks, and finally his eyes. They were a clear blue like sapphires, but they held no glow, no life. They were the eyes of the dead, eyes of the living dead. He looked up into the clear blue sky.
Everything is so calm, so peaceful… The boy thought as he began to walk down the pier which led to the center of the pond. He stood at the piers edge and looked down. The pond wasn’t very large, just about twelve feet wide, but it was very deep. He knew this because he had tested the water the day before. He smiled a small cold smile, realizing he didn’t have much time left. With that cold emotionless smile still in place, he stepped off the edge. He hit the water with a big splash, the cold water quickly pulling him down. He felt himself hit the bottom, he made no move to swim up, and as the blackness consumed him his last thoughts were.
I’m coming…

A skinny raven haired seven year old turned the corner of his clan’s hidden path to the main road, when he saw a blonde boy jump into his practice pond.
Dang hoodlums… How dare he swim in MY practice area. He thought scathingly. He walked quickly to the edge of the pond to chew the kid out, but then he saw that the kid was floating at the bottom of the pond.
Crap, He thought. He’s not coming up.
Then without a second thought he jumped into the pond, and swam to the bottom and grabbed the boy. He then began to try and swim back up to the surface, but the extra weight of the other boy was too much for him. He began to fell them both begin to slip back into the cold watery depths. Just as he began to give into his despair and see black at the edge of his vision, he gritted his teeth, and growled.
There is no way I’m going to die now! He thought ferociously. Suddenly, he felt warmth spread through his whole body, a tingly sensation filled him. A huge roar of power rolled thorough him, he felt the muddy floor of the pond, and push against it with everything he had, he felt that almighty rush of energy flow through him again, and he broke the surface of the pond, and flipped out of the water, to land on the shore. He began breathing heavily as he looked over the blonde child; he put his ear to his mouth, and cursed when he didn’t hear anything. He began to scream for help, and began to push on his chest.
“Help! HELP!” he yelled as loud as he could. Then, he finally pushed hard on the kid’s chest, and he spit up a ton of water, and he began coughing.
“Sasuke?!” A strong low voice called out to him. The raven haired boy visibly calmed when he heard that voice.
“Itachi! Come here! Now!”

A taller version of the raven haired boy sprinted out onto the road and spotted his younger brother. When he reached him, he noticed the struggling blonde in his brother’s arms. The blonde boy was struggling to stay conscious, and they were both soaking wet.
“Sasuke! Whats going on?” The younger boy, struggled to calm himself down.
“I came to practice the Goukakuyu no Jutsu (Fireball Technique). When I saw this boy jump in, I thought he was just a street rat stopping by to defile the water, but when I got to the pond he was at the bottom, and he wasn’t breathing, so I swam down there and got him out.”
He shrugged and omitted the strange way they got out. Itachi studied his younger brother, but turned his attention to the struggling blonde. The boy finally managed to get his eyes open. Sasuke looked at his face expectantly, but was surprised to find they were not filled with gratitude, but instead were livid with rage, then, just as quickly as the fire appeared, it vanished replaced by a look of such complete apathy, that it struck Sasuke like a physical blow. Itachi saw the look the blonde gave, and looked up to see Sasuke flinch. Itachi looked down at the blonde, he had feinted. Itachi paused only to ponder what would drive a young child like this to commit suicide. Then he shook his head, then spoke to Sasuke.
“Go home, tell mother and father what happened and tell them I am taking the child to the hospital. I will return as soon as I can.” As soon, as Sasuke nodded, Itachi picked up the boy and slung him over his shoulder. Then, he darted onto the road.

He ran as fast as he could, building up to his maximum speed, as he dashed through the crowded streets of Konoha, darting through the crowds only appearing as a flash of black. He flashed to the entrance of the hospital, landing with a dull thud. He strode into the medical facility, and flagged down one of the nurses. When he presented the slumbering child, she gritted her teeth , then jabbed her finger violently towards a kindly looking older nurse. He moved forward, calling to her. “Excuse me! I was told you could help me.” He approached her and pulled the youth from his shoulder. The older woman is startled.
“Gomenasai! Uchiha-san! Come follow me please.” She led him up to the next floor, and knocked on an office door. Itachi read the sign, Fubishi Maya … A brunette woman with green eyes stepped out of the office.
“Matsuri, what is it?” She turned and saw Itachi and the boy he was holding. When her eyes settled on the little boy she blanched, then sh rushed forward and checked his breathing and temperature. Then she stepped back and spoke.
“Matsuri, get a bed ready. You,” she pointed at Itachi.
“Come with us.” He followed the two of them to an unused room at the end of the corridor. Once inside Itachi gently lay the kid down and ruffled his hair, as he did with Sasuke.
“How did this happen?” he turned and saw that she was quietly observing her patient.
“According to my brother, he jumped into a pond close by our house.” She sighed.
“He can’t swim.” His face scrunched together as he glared at her. She simply leaned against the wall, and rubbed her temples.
“This is the fifth time, Naruto has attempted suicide, this year.” This time it was Itachi who blanched. “Fifth?...It is only July…” He studied the young boy, thinking back to the glare he had given Sasuke, and everything began to make sense. He looked away, out the window before speaking.
“ You called him Naruto? Is he THE Naruto? Uzumaki Naruto?” He asked the question quietly, not expecting an answer. He heard her sigh.
“You saved him, I guess you deserve to know a little bit about the person whose life you own. Yeah, that’s him.” She said it softly. He turned to the small pitiful looking child.
“What a sad child. How can someone so small, desire death so much?” He moved his intense stare onto Fubishi.
“That small boy has lived through some extremely traumatic events, added on top he lost his parents at birth. He has slipped into a deep depression this last year. The Hokage was supposed to have fixed him up with a tail.” Itachi smirked.
“You’re pretty open with information.” She smiled back at him.
“Shush up. I know your ANBU. Anyways, Naruto wasn’t always like this. He used to be a bright powerful personality. But it seems that this village has beaten the life out of the poor boy.” Her voice was subdued, and her eyes shone with unshed tears. Itachi could understand where she was coming from. This child who could have been no older than his beloved brother was facing the world alone, and had to face the hatred, and anger of an entire village on his own. Itachi felt his heart jerk with sudden pain. He looked somewhere other than the small child on the bed.
“You know this isn’t the first time he is in here because he tried to commit suicide. The first time, he slashed his wrists.” Itachi jerked up to look her in the eyes. Her eyes had the faint faraway look as if she was re-experiencing it.
“I almost had a heart attack when the Sandaime, brought him in. But we managed to bring him through it. And the scars have vanished. But he has never been the same since. He now wears that cold, dead, empty look. It seems as though he is there but not there. He is a dead boy walking. Something died in him on that day, something that I don’t know will ever be able to heal. But after that he had an ANBU tail watching over him, and preventing any further suicide attempts. Until now of course.” She snapped out of her reverie, and moved to Naruto bed, placing a gentle hand on his sleeping face.
“Sleep well little one.” She whispered and stalked out of the room. Itachi, stood there for a few minutes more, before following Fubishi out the door.
“Fubishi-san! I would like to ask you something!” He called after her.