TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shattered Spirit by bronzelord

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 12
“I think that the four of us should go and get better acquainted don't you?” HE said as they climbed up onto a rooftop patio. When they arrived, he gestured for them to sit.
“Now, since we are Officially Team Seven, it would help us to talk to each other and get to know each other.” Kakashi said with a smile.
“Kakashi-sensei, What was all that?” Sasuke asked impatiently.
“Ah, Well. You see that was a teamwork test. The test itself was to see if you would be able to shelve you own desires for the good of the team. Very few have ever been able to achieve success in this test.” Kakashi said quietly.
“Now, the three of us need to get to know one another. Let us start with........ Pinky!” He smiled.
With a grandiose roll of her eyes, Sakura began.
“Ah, Yes well....What do I say?”
“Your likes, dislikes, favorite color, dream... Stuff like that.”
“Well ok...I like.... books, flowers, and....uh...other stuff. I dislike when people judge me, I also dislike it when people judge others before getting to know the full story. Uh... My dream... My dream is to become a most powerful kunoichi!”
“Ahh, well done Sakura! Now you, Sasuke.”
“Hn... Well, I like tomatoes, I like practicing ninjutsu, and I like talking with friends. I dislike... Many things! My dream, is to achieve a power beyond the knowledge of my clan and surpass my brother as the genius of the Uchiha.” Kakashi gave Sasuke an approving nod.
“And now you Naruto.”
“Hmmm... I like... Ramen. I dislike.... well... I dislike a majority of the village, ninja, and most people. And my dream. My dream is to become stronger than anyone else, strong enough that no one would dare try and hurt my precious people.” He said without looking at anyone.
“Hmm.... Well, I guess it is my turn then. I like reading Icha Icha novels, and being with good friends. I dislike those who put their friends below anything else. My dream is none of your concern.” He said with a bright smile.
“Huh?” Sakura gave him a frown.
“But we told you our dreams...”
“But I need to know that so that I can properly motivate you.” He said with a smile.
“Tomorow, Team Seven goes on its first mission ok?” He said, and stood up.
“See ya!” He body flickered away.
As Kakashi vanished from sight in a puff of smoke, Naruto glared at Sasuke, as if their teacher’s strangeness was his fault.
“I guess we are all going to be a team from now on.” Sasuke said, shrugging.
“In the mean time, lets really get to know each other. Ramen on me?”
“Hah! I’m in!” Naruto crowed happily. Sakura gave him a surprised look.
I’ve never seen him so happy. What the freak?
“Lets go!”
Several weeks later...
An immense wave of annoyance flowed through Naruto. They had been waiting at the entrance to the mission’s room for three hours. The first time it had happened, Naruto had simply assumed that their teacher was running a little bit late. Now he was sure that his teacher was doing this to spite them. With a huge sigh, he turned back to his teammates who, like him, were very annoyed. Sakura was pacing and Sasuke was leaning against the building with a vein in his forehead pulsing. Naruto sighed. A plume of smoke interrupted his thoughts, and Kakashi stepped out of it, rubbing the back of his head.
“Ahh, Gomen! I was on my way here when I saw this old lady and she was abot to fall out of a tree...”
“LIAR!” all three chroused. Their teacher took a step back wards and apologized.
“Whatever, Kakashi-sensei. Lets just get a mission and get on with life.” Naruto snorted.
“Ah, yes let us go to that shall we?”
“And I’m sick of going on these pathetic pansy D-ranked missions!” Naruto called as he followed the silver haired jonin. Trying to hide a smile, Kakashi turned to him and spoke in a very mock condescending voice.
“Why, Naruto you make it sound as though you didn’t have fun on the last mission!” Naruto choked, and Sasuke and Sakura burst out laughing. Naruto glowed red.

FLASHBACK
Team seven were dashing around, like moving shadows.
“Do you see the target?” kakashi’s voice buzzed across the wireless.
“Target sighted.” Sasuke replied.
“Go with formation seven.”
“Hai!” The three said as they split up.
Naruto flitted from rooftop to rooftop, as he shadowed his target.
“Naruto in. Target in sight. Moving to capture.”
“In position.” Sasuke and Sakura replied.
Naruto dove down and landed lightly and dashed forward.
“Gotcha!” He said eagerly and swiped at his furry target who nimbly avoided him. With a growl of annoyance, he took after it. About five minutes and six failed attempts at catching the furry beast, Naruto felt his frustrations peak. He jumped atop a small stand, and flashed through several seals.
“Wind Style: Spinning Dust Prison.” He spat several small spheres of swirling wind. The spheres danced out and swept up the hissing cat. The swirling winds held the cat prisoner, and brought the troublesome creature up to him.
“Heh, you thought you could get away, pathetic.” He smirked at the imprisoned feline.
“Ah, there you are Naruto. And you caught our little friend too.” Kakashi appeared with Sasuke and Sakura at his side.
“Here you take it.” Naruto said and released his technique, dropping the dazed cat into his waiting arms. He jumped down and stood next to his teammates graciously recieving their proud smirks.
“Umm... Hello?” A small feminine voice popped from behind him. He turned around to see three girls that seemed to be his age huddling together.
“Uh...Do I know you?” The girl who spoke. She shook her head, and gave him a small coy smile.
“I just wanted ask if you were using wind techniques.” She squeaked out. Naruto looked back at Sasuke, his advice jumping in his brain, Be nice to people and they’ll be nice back.
“Uh... yeah...” He tried out a small smile. He was surprised as the girl blushed gently.
“Uh...Well, uh just wanted to um congratulate you on your mission!” She said bashfully and dodged back to a group of girls and they all squealed and pointed at him. Frowning, he turned to his team.
“What just happened?”
END
Ever since, he’d become aware that he had a small fan following. Of course they weren’t as annoying as Sasuke’s fan club, but still Naruto hated the fact that a bunch of girls were stalking him. Plus, recently they had escalated. He shuddered and ignored his friends as they strolled into the mission room.
“Hello! We’re here for another mission.” Kakashi said as he waltzed up to the assigner’s desk.
“Hi, Iruka-sensei! Kakashi-sensei! I swear if we go on another D-ranked on I will blow things up!” Naruto said dangerously.
“Uh... Alright! Do you have any fun sounding C-ranked missions?” He asked Iruka.
“We have a body guard mission. Accompanying a man back to his village.” Iruka said. The excitable blond crowded up to the desk.
“Ooh! Lets do that one!” Kakashi rolled his eyes at the young blond.
“We’ll take it.” Iruka handed over some files.
“You’re to leave at three. Make sure your genin pack for three days.” Kakashi mumbled some thanks and led his team out of the room.
“Alright we’ll meet the client at the gate in two hours.” kakashi said before gesturing them to leave. Naruto rolled his eyes at his Sensei before dashing off to pack.
Naruto was greeted by an interesting sight as he arrived at the gate. Kakashi was actually on time, as were Sakura and Sasuke and all three were talking with an elderly man. He jogged up to greet them.

“Naruto! This is Tazuna, he is a bridge builer and the man that we are escorting back to the Land of Waves.” Kakashi stated with a smile. Naruto studied the older man.
“Heh, You remind me of my grandson at home.” Tazuna chuckled. Naruto gave him a small confused stare.
“You have the same look on your face that he does, my grandson, I mean.” He chuckled, and pinched Naruto’s cheek. Naruto gave the old man an incredulous glare, then sighed deciding to humor him.
“You miss him then?” He said as the group began to move.
“Mmm. I do. I’m glad that we are heading home now.” He said with a smile.
“So. Tazuna what does a brige builder need escorts for?” Naruto asked with out thinking.
“I’m a very important man in my country. Who knows what might happen on my way home.” He said with a laugh. Naruto nodded and let the conversation die. They just walked along the path for hours, in a comfortable silence. The path took them into a forested area, and Naruto watched the Old Man stare around as though the forest itself were to come alive and consume them all.
“Hey old man-” As he spoke, two ninja wrapped Kakashi in a chain. They pulled on the chain viciously.
“KAKASHI!” the three screamed as the silver haired Jonin exploded.
“One down.” The mysterious nin, said.
“Three more.” Naruto stiffened as he felt the ninja reappear behind him. Time fell into a stand still as Naruto attempted to turn and face the attackers.
Too slow... I’m going to die? Naruto thought as he watched the chains zipping through the air. He watched the spiked chains begin to tighten towards him.
Hell no! I am not going to die now. He pushed himself off the ground, and into the air. While in the air, he saw Sasuke throw a shiruken and a kunai to pin the chains to a nearby tree. On his way down, Naruto formed several seals.
“Wind Style: Violent Wind Palm.” Naruto thrust his palm out at one of the strange nin, causing a explosive burst of wind to shoot from his hand and into the ninja. Just as he was about to attack the other one, Sasuke appeared above him and kicked him in the face, flipped back and landed hitting the strange nin with two kunai. Naruto touched down on the ground and stood up back into a battle stance, carefully studying his opponents making sure that they were down.
“AH! Well done, Naruto, Sasuke.” A familiar voice said from behind them.
“Wha- Kaskhi-sensei!” Sakura said in relief.
“Oi, Kakashi-sensei! You’re not dead?” Naruto said cheekily.
“No Naruto, I’m very much alive. Well done the two of you, again. And Tazuna-san...I need to speak to you.”
“Huh?” Tazuna gave Kakashi a curious look, and the two boys a small smile.
“If you were alive, why did allow the kids to fight?” Tazuna asked quietly.
“One, I believed in their abilities. Two, I wanted to know who their target.” Kakashi stared at him as he spoke.
“Now, Tazuna-san. I’m sure you have your reasons for doing this, but the fact that we are meeting enemy ninja in this mission, makes it far more than just a low c-rank mission. In fact, it would probably be a more expensive B-rank mission. so would you care to explain your actions?” Tazuna gave Kakashi a sad smile.
“Of course. But I would prefer to do that, away from here. You may leave now if you want. However know that if you do, I will die.” His eyes spoke his inner turmoil.
“Hmmm.... We really shouldn’t go forward with thi-”
“Ah, Bull!” Naruto interrupted.
“We’re fine aren’t we? Besides, what kind of ninja would we be if stopped because things got a little rough.” Naruto locked eyes with Kakashi.
“We should continue, ‘sides.... This is way more interesting than chasing a stupid cat.” He poked his tongue out at his teacher. Kakashi couldn’t help but smile as the other two gave reassuring smiles at the blond’s words.
“Ah, well then it’s decided. Tazuna-san, Team Seven will continue as your escorts and body guards to and in the Land of Waves.” Kakashi said with finality.
“Oi, Sasuke! Did you see that? I totally owned that guy.”
“Dobe, I was there. And I had to cover your scrawny butt.”
“What!?!” Sakura giggled at her teammates.
“Sakura-chan! You thought I was cool right?” Naruto whined to her. Her eyes widened.
“Naruto...You just called me Sakura-chan!” She squealed. Naruto turned to her, confused.
“So?”
“That means you finally accept me?” She said sweetly. Sasuke gagged and fell to the floor.
“Haha! Dobe, you wasted .... s-so many ...w-weeks trying to ...trying to b-be cold to Sakura.” He said in between his laughter. The blond scowled at the raven rolling on the floor.
“Hey teme, aren’t you supposed to be a prodigy of the oh so superior Uchiha clan? Why the hell you on the floor then.”
“Cuz you’re an idiot. I told you she was a good person.” Naruto hmphed and walked ahead. Sasuke rolled his eyes at his blond friend and smiled at Sakura.
“I told you he’d come around.”
“You know what teme-”
“Actually, I did think that you were kinda cool.” Sakura said suddenly. Naruto stared at her for a second, then burst out laughing.
“HAH! Eat it, even you’re girlfriend said I was cool.” He crowed, and spun knowing both of them were blushing explosively. Kakashi sighed as he followed his eager pupils.
Well, at least they won’t have a problem fitting into Ninja society... And they survived their first skirmish... yeah Think positive Kakashi! He thought grudgingly.
“Oi, you brats! Let Tazuna-san lead! He knows how to get home, do you?” He growled at his grinning students.
“Hai, Sensei!” He sighed again.
They’re starting to be a real team now... He thought fondly as he watched them laugh together.
Even you, Naruto, have started to come alive.