TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


One Day at a Time by LifeInGeneral

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Rigth well this story will probably be updated every two-three weeks depending. I know thats a long waiting period but I am always finding little details here and there to change.

Also there are pairings in this but nothing that could be considered relationships really. Its mostly general, although they are mentioned, I just couldn't figure out which category to put in.
So enjoy the story!
Chapter notes: Here's chapter one! I hope you enjoy my characters
Quick Fix: Everyone who'd read this chapter before porbably noticed a add in of a later chapter. Sorry thats fixed now.
Chapter 1

She hated this, moving from country to country, just because the lord of their village doesn’t want to deal with them. They were walking behind the Hokage to the classroom they would be in for about five minutes. Turns out they had come at exactly the wrong time, the sensei was assigning teams. In other words they were going to have to sit through the kids groaning, cheering and complaining.

"Excuse me," the Third Hokage said walking into the classroom. "I hope we aren’t interrupting. Go sit down in those empty seats girls." They sat down in the empty desk, Abik between Eeye and Chihiro. They were defiantly a motley crew, Abik with Maraku on her head. Eeye looking like a demon, with her long black hair falling in her face. Not to mention Chihiro with all colorblind clothing scars running up and down her arms, and the blank face she had adopted when they walked into the building.

They sat down and started doing their own things. Eeye was making a spark of lighting between her fingers; Abik had her head on the desk, with a disgruntled looking Maraku curled on her lap, and Chihiro was snapping her fingers making a flame appear on her thumb until it blew out, due to the air conditioning.

"You know it won’t stay there when the air conditioning is on," a guy on her left said.

"Now that’s the whole point isn’t it?" She asked, in a voice that made it sound more like a
statement. She looked around the room to find every single kid staring at them, even the teacher.

"What?" She asked annoyed. Did I miss something? She thought.

"I asked if you three were already a team." The teacher said again.

"Sorry, I spaced, yeah we’re a team."

"Where’s your Sensei?"

"Who knows?"

"Right so where do you come from and why are you here?"

"We are from the village hidden in the wings I have no idea why were here." She said, answering
everything in a monotone; the whole thing was very boring. Abik mumbled something.

"Sorry what was that?" She asked her.

`"You’re doing it again."

"Doing what?"

"Freaking people out." she said, then speaking to the class at large. "We’re here because the leader of our village feels we would be better suited somewhere other than our village."

"I’ll bet," Eeye and Chihiro said at the same time. They grinned at each other then looked up at the sensei.

"He thinks we need a fresh start." Eeye said looking at the desk. They weren’t liked in their village, due to the fact they were all scared of them.

"Did something bad huh?" A blonde boy in the desk a few rows down.

"That depends on your definition of bad. In my case it was being born. Anyways the Hokage agreed to let us into the city, because our countries our currently in an alliance. Sorry if were an inconvenience." Chihiro said wanting the line of questioning to end.

"Alright last question what are your ninja ranks?" Eeye and Abik said Genin and Chihiro mumbled the word that was probably going to cause an up roar. Abik elbowed her in the ribs.

"Ow, fine Chuunin." She said. Sure Enough every head in the class was turned to stare at her. Chihiro just put her head on the desk and groaned.

"Alright then its time to assign teams," the Sensei said. He proceeded to read out the names. The blonde kid and his team made a huge uproar. They definitely did not like each other. Chihiro could only hope she wouldn‘t end up dealing with them a lot.

The bell finally rang, and everyone went to break for lunch they would meet their Sensei’s afterward. Some kid caught Chihiro in the hall. "So you’re a Chuunin huh? That’s so cool. Think you can show me something?" whoever it was asked.

"I’d rather not." She said a bit sternly but still.

"Sorry, she’s a bit grumpy," Abik said not wanting to be rude, and then rushed to catch up with
Eeye and Chihiro.

"Hey," someone said as soon as they walked out of the building. Chihiro just looked up at the sky and groaned. "It’s happening again, God help me," she said to the heavens. Eeye snickered she loved when Chihiro acted weird, it made her feel normal.

"Right well sorry about earlier with the air conditioning, I didn’t mean to be a smart-ass. I’m Shikamaru," he said holding out his hand. Chihiro shook it.

"I’m Chihiro, this is Eeye, and Abik," she said gesturing to her friends.

"Cool," he said, "anyways I have to catch up to my team see you later."

"Yeah," she said maybe this place wasn’t going to be that bad, as long as no one finds out.

The three of them headed to the training fields the Hokage had shown them earlier. They didn’t have to do anything until they were called for a mission. But unfortunately someone grabbed Chihiro’s foot the second time they jumped. She landed in a crouch and faced the new opponent a kunai at the ready.

"Hey I need to talk to Chihiro a minute. You two can go." He said to Eeye and Abik. They looked at each other and nodded then took off to the training fields. "You’re Chihiro of the Wings?" He asked trying to make sure that the one he was looking for didn’t just run off. She nodded apprehensive but stood up anyway. "The barer of the Dragon Demon?" he asked.

She laughed, "I thought I was supposed to get a fresh start." she said. Wow two hours and we were already getting run out of town, must be a new record.

"All the Jonin were informed. Don’t worry there’s a Jinchuuriki here we know how to do this. I’m
Kakashi, I was curious if you could help me with Naruto?" He said.

"I’m Sorry who?" Chihiro asked confused was she already supposed to know names?

"He’s the Jinchuuriki, and I was told you had control over the demon inside you, would you help teach him control, and his teammates, maybe?"

"Oh yeah sure," She said not quite sure what she was getting herself into. "But there are rules to these kinds of things. He has to figure out how to access and use the demon by himself before I can teach him control what he does while he is in the state. And he has to he has to be ready for it."

"Come on then," he said turning towards the school. She followed a bit annoyed he just expected her to follow him, but he was a Jonin so she kind of had to.

They walked in to the same classroom she’d been in earlier, Kakashi walking in, in front of her. She leant on the door and watched as he got hit in the head with an eraser.

It was a stupid prank but effective… somehow. How a Jonin could be tricked by something like that she had no idea, but she took the time to study her new "students" or whatever you would call them. She nearly swore when she saw that these were the kids who were so opposed to working with each other earlier.

There were two guys and a girl. The first guy she looked at had blue spiky hair and was maybe a little taller then her, so around 5’5" maybe 5’4 ½"? He resembled Itachi way too much for her liking. He was definitely cute though, and was trying to pull off the whole cool demeanor. It wasn’t working too well; she could see the hate rolling off him in waves. Who it was directed at, she didn’t know. But this pretty boy’s hate was strong and she was glad it wasn’t directed at her.

The girl had long pink hair. What is with this team and weird hair colors? She was shorter then Chihiro. You could tell she worried about her appearance too much for a ninja. She liked pretty boy that much is for sure, she was always glancing at him, no doubt hoping to catch him looking at her. Her new nickname was Girly-girl. Seriously who the heck wears a completely pink outfit?
The last one was the Blondie from earlier who had asked what Chihiro had done wrong. He was laughing his head off, and pointing at Kakashi. He was the one who put the eraser on the door, Idiot.

The other two weren’t laughing, well Pretty boy wasn’t and Girly-Girl was trying not too.
She couldn’t tell who the Jinchuuriki was, if she had to guess it would be one of the boys, with pretty boy being the more likely, all the hate rolling off him. Chihiro shuddered.

"Hmm… How can I put this? My first impression of this group, you’re all a bunch of idiots." Kakashi said over the Idiot’s laughter. He quieted immediately. Then he told them to follow him.
They traveled though the village, until they got to a roof top, where he told them to introduce themselves. Blondie wanted Kakashi to go first. Chihiro was entertained when all he told them was his name. Girly looked frustrated.

They continued to introduce themselves, turns out, the Idiot is the Jinchuuriki, and pretty boy IS an Uchiha. "Your brother’s an ass." Chihiro told him when he was done introducing himself.

"How do you know my brother?" he asked his eyes narrowing.

"A story for another time, it’s not something you particularly need to know." she told him. None of them had to know her history, and she was not planning on telling them.

"Well then what about you? We all had to say something, now you." Naruto said.

"Fine, I’m Chihiro of the wings anything else?" she said getting annoyed.

"You didn’t tell us what you like, your hobbies-"Naruto started. But she cut him off by moving so she was standing in front of him. All of them blinked surprised about how fast she was, they
hadn’t even seen Eeye.

"You don’t need my history, Blondie," she said strait to his face bending low so she could get a look at him. He had traces of the Jinchuuriki, whiskers on his face, and extra energy from the chakra the demon was emanating. But instead of being sulky and depressed like most of the people with a demon are, he was hyper, and over all, happy. What in the hell…?

Even Gaara, who had the most normal childhood of all of the demon bearers, considering he was one of the very, very few with parents, even though it was still amazingly depressing, wasn’t even close to the happiness emanating off this kid.

Who was trying to look defiant and stare Chihiro down, it wasn’t working too well though. Chihiro went to stand where she was before, leaning against the left hand railing.

"Good, you’re each unique and have your own ideas. We’ll have our first mission tomorrow."
Kakashi said who was leaning against the railing to the right of Chihiro.

"Then why’d I have to be here? I have my own team," Chihiro asked annoyed she didn’t want to waist her time being somewhere she didn’t want to be.

"You’ll be joining us tomorrow; I already cleared it with the Hokage." He said. Naruto started asking a bunch of questions. Chihiro growled a bit before turning and jumping off the roof she already knew when and where to meet them Kakashi said something about needing her at five a.m. tomorrow too, though she wasn’t really paying attention at the time. So she went to the training grounds to find Eeye and Abik.

They were there trying to help Abik get her speed up. She wasn’t as fast as Eeye and Chihiro. Maraku was settled in a tree watching as Eeye threw kunai knives at Abik.

"What happened?" Eeye asked when she saw Chihiro.

"That guy just wants me to help him train some kids," she said sitting down with her back against the tree Maraku was sitting on. He jumped down and onto her lap as she sat down and started absent mindedly petting him. Eeye just nodded, she could tell Chihiro didn’t particularly want to talk about it, and started throwing Kunai at Abik again.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The next morning Chihiro arrived at the practice field and stood in a tree. Watching as Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto waited for Kakashi to show up.

When he finally did, she jumped down from her hiding place. Sakura and Naruto looked startled, but Kakashi and Sasuke had known she was there.

"How long were you up there?" Sakura asked, no doubt wondering how big of a mistake she made.

"I was told to be here at five, and I was here at five, not that Kakashi was," she said glaring at Kakashi. Was being late a habit of his? She shook her head and faced the three Genin. Sasuke was staring at her now.

"What?" She asked, man could these three can get on her nerves.

"I saw that you were here at six, if you were here at five why didn’t I sense you?" he asked as if it was Chihiro’s fault.

"I don’t know maybe you need to practice," he only glared at her even more then.

She watched as Kakashi placed a clock on a tree stump, and explained what they were doing something about getting bells by noon. Just before the explanation was over he motioned to Chihiro. She figured what she had to do and jumped into the trees setting traps where she thought they would pass. Then watched as the fighting begun, she could sense Sakura and Sasuke hiding but Naruto was standing out in the middle. She missed the beginning of the fight but saw Naruto fly into the lake. It figures, She thought.

She wasn’t paying much attention until she saw six or seven Narutos jump out of the water. Watching the fight unfold, Chihiro was impressed. Naruto wasn’t as much of an Idiot as she thought he would be. But he still didn’t count for substitution techniques, and all of the Narutos ended up fighting each other. She let out an eerie laugh, then quickly moved to the other side of the clearing making sure she wasn’t seen, at least they weren’t watching the skies.

The laugh was to get Sasuke and Sakura moving. They were just sitting there. It was good for observation, but they saw the extent of Kakashi’s speed and needed to keep switching spots or else the natural sounds of the forest would give them away. If there were enough animals in this forest they would eventually stumble across one of them, squeal and run away, giving them away to most Jonin, including Kakashi.

They would have taken the hint too, if Naruto hadn’t sprung the trap Kakashi set for him at the same time Chihiro laughed.

Kakashi was reprimanding Naruto when Sasuke made his move throwing shrunken at him. But Kakashi turned into a log, another replacement jutsu.

Sasuke was moving as soon as Chihiro looked up, in an attempt to not get caught. She stayed where she was, watching Sakura. She was the more likely of the two to fall into one of her traps.
But then Sakura started running after Sasuke. She smirked knowing for sure that the trap Kakashi had planned would work. Most of Chihiro’s traps were devoid of personality, and would only spring if they walked into it.

Kakashi was exactly the opposite. He used what he had learned yesterday to set traps for them that were especially designed for them. Chihiro didn’t want to do that. She wanted to watch the fights.

So she followed them knowing Naruto would be fine for the moment. They were missing a vital piece of information though, and it was already obvious none of them would reach their goal.
Sakura was fairly slow so Chihiro just jumped and looked out for Sasuke. If anyone would believe she was also the enemy it would be him. She was, but in an indirect way.

She swerved to find Sasuke when Kakashi found Sakura. If one of them fell into one of her traps she had to make sure she saw which one it was. Discover their weaknesses, and what they have to work on.

Chihiro winced when Sakura screamed. That girl had a pair of lungs. She jumped passed Naruto who’d gotten out of the first trap but fell into the second one she had put there earlier. There was something about him and obvious bait…

There was another scream from Sakura. But Chihiro shook her head ignoring it, and continued looking for Sasuke, Kakashi wouldn’t kill her.

She heard a noise somewhere to her left and found him. He’d turned around at Sakura’s scream, but didn’t do the obviously right thing. Shame they were still going to fail.

Chihiro watched as the fight between Sasuke and Kakashi fell out. There was something about Sasuke, he wasn’t exactly normal, but she couldn’t put her finger on what was different. This would help.

She bit her lip when he sprung one of the traps she’d set for them, except he sprung it when Kakashi was in the path of the shuriken. She could get in trouble for that. He’s fast there’s no doubt about that. She thought.

She grinned when she saw Sasuke use a fire style jutsu. That was it; he could use advanced level jutsu. Just like Eeye, Abik, Naruto, and her.

He didn’t burn Kakashi though, and he used a nice little earth jutsu to grab Sasuke’s foot and Chihiro laughed out loud at the when she saw what Kakashi did to him, and laughed even more when she heard Sakura coming. Jumping down from her hiding place she went to look at Kakashi‘s handiwork, only after he‘d moved on though.

Sasuke was startled she was there. He was too focused on the battle to figure out someone was watching. "What’re you laughing about?" He nearly yelled at her.

Chihiro laughed a little more and said," You. And what’s about to happen." She jumped into the tree that she decided had the best view and waited for Sakura to come walking into the clearing. She couldn’t wait to see her face.

Sure enough about a minute later Sakura ran across the path that was in front of Sasuke. Her eyes bugged out when she saw Sasuke’s head sticking out of the ground, and only his head. Chihiro held her laughter knowing it would be bad if she knew she was here. Sakura would think that she’d done it.

Speaking of which Sakura almost fainted then looked at Sasuke’s head again. "Sakura?" he asked waiting for her to do something. Like maybe helping him out of the ground.

All hopes for him went out the window when she screamed, "Sasuke’s just a head without a body and he’s talking!!" and fainted.

As soon as she did Chihiro let out all of her laughter. It was just too funny. She jumped out of the tree holding her stomach and leaning on the tree for support. She could hardly breathe. "So that’s what you meant." Sasuke said when she’d finally settled down.

"Yep," she said simply, and walked over to Sakura and checking her vitals.

When she was sure Sakura had just fainted and was still breathing, she turned back to Sasuke, chuckling a little at seeing him still buried. She turned and started walking away into the forest, leaving him behind in the ground.

"Wait," he called. "Aren’t you going to let me out?"

"Nope I’m not allowed to help you three," She called over her shoulder. But she had just made it seem like she‘d gone and circled around to watch as Sasuke struggled to wake Sakura up.
When she had woken up and gotten Sasuke out of the ground, they started talking and Chihiro stopped listening.

The Bell rang before Chihiro had enough time to even think about what she’d do next and she went to the field so she could wait until Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke showed up. Kakashi was already there with Naruto tied to one of the posts.

"What’d he do?" Chihiro asked.

"Tried to eat before everybody else," Kakashi said reading his book. She settled against a tree waiting for the two that had yet to arrive. When they finally had Kakashi started yelling at them about the one thing they were missing… teamwork. After a minute or so Chihiro felt Eeye and Abik sit down next to me.

They knew Chihiro had been here all day; they probably got bored and decided to see what was going on.

Suddenly Kakashi pointed at them, "This is a team." He said, "They’ve been working together for years."

"How old are you guys?" Sakura asked.

"We’re all thirteen," Chihiro answered with a sigh knowing what Sakura was getting at. "But we’ve been friends since we were eight."

"You know what show them, do the training they were trying to do this morning," Kakashi said.

"Wait what? No, you might get hurt if we don’t time it right," Chihiro said alarmed.

"I’ll be fine they need to see what they’re missing, see if they can work past their differences." He said. They all gulped slightly, this would not end well.

"Which formation should we use? Any could kill him." Abik asked. Chihiro and Eeye sighed knowing that too well.

"Let’s try seven," Chihiro said reluctant. It was one of their most dangerous but the most likely to miss.

Eeye and Abik just nodded. Abik sunk through the ground to the dirt below. Eeye and Chihiro jumped. Chihiro dove into the water without making a splash, and Eeye was hiding in the trees to the left of the lake. It was two minutes before Abik decided to attack. She burst out of the ground with her tunneling technique, making Kakashi stumble back.

Eeye timed it perfectly, her lightning attack burst from the trees hitting Kakashi, not shocking him, but momentarily paralyzing him. Chihiro burst out of the water then. Making the hand signs needed to form her twin water dragons.

They burst for the water behind her and circled around Kakashi they met at the top then
collapsed.

When they could see Kakashi again, he was laying on the ground.

"Damn it," Chihiro muttered rushing to the shore, she checked his vitals. Everything seemed alright, he just passed out. Abik grabbed the bells, and backed away a little giving him space. Eeye and Chihiro did the same.

A few minutes later he woke up. "There see? That’s more like it," he said taking the bells back from Abik. He walked over to the stone that was a little ways a way from the water, and started explaining it to them all. A memorial for people who’d died in battle. Chihiro couldn’t name all the people she knew that would be on that rock, if they lived in the leaf village.

"Alright," he said after he was done explaining, "I’m going to give you one more chance. But I’m going to make it much harder on you. You’ll have three hours to get a bell. Eat lunch now to build up strength. But Naruto doesn’t get any. It’s your punishment for breaking the rules and trying to eat by yourself. And if anyone tries to feed him that person will automatically fail. I make the rules, you follow them got it?" He asked. After they all nodded he said he was going to dry off.

Eeye, Abik and Chihiro went into the tree and watched Sasuke, Naruto and Sakura. They were eating all except for Naruto, when his stomach growled. He started screaming about something then and she blocked him out.

Eeye tapped her when Sasuke offered Naruto his food. They were arguing then but Sasuke apparently won because Sakura started feeding Naruto.

"They got it," Abik mumbled looking at them.

Kakashi came back right about then announcing his arrival with an explosion. He pretended to be angry until they started arguing with him about how he said they were a team and it was all for the team.

Then he said, "You pass." He had to explain it to them though. He simply said that those in the ninja world who break the rules are scum but those who abandon their teammates are worse then scum, which is completely true. They would go on there first mission, tomorrow, and Chihiro wasn’t going! Yes!
Chapter end notes: Okay I know I'm going to have to explain a few things:
-Yes I got the name Chihiro from Spirited Away, it was kind of symbloic because it was the very first anime I'd ever seen.
-I know there's no Village hidden in the wings, I made it up.
-No Chihiro is NOT a Jinchuriki

If you have any questions that aren't answered above feel free to ask in a review! Those are just the ones that I have to explain most often.

If I spelt something wrong, or there's a gramatical error please let me know and I'll fix it.

R&R