TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Grass And Leaf. by shinobi101

[Reviews - 3]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Sorry for the late update. I've been really busy lately. I took a vacation to the Wisconsin Dells. So I'm really sorry. Anyway I don't own Naruto so here's the chapter. Let me know what you think.
Naruto stood on top of the Hokage Monument. He came up here a lot to think. Most people thought that he stopped coming up here upon becoming the Sixth Hokage. Only Sasuke knew different.

He liked the wind up here and, on top of the Monument, you could always smell pine needles from the surrounding forest. Tonight, though, he didn’t come up here just to relax. He was meeting someone.

As he waited for the person he was meeting to arrive, he thought of one of his more interesting arguments with the council. He had refused to wear the standard Hokage uniform, instead opting to wear a dusty orange t-shirt with a red leaf symbol on the back and green cargo pants. Some of the more nit-picky members objected to this.

Naruto fought them by saying that Tsunade never wore the uniform so he wouldn’t either. They said she was a woman. Naruto called them sexists. They were scared that this image would be put out. Naruto won. It still made him smile.

All of a sudden a strangler dressed in a black cloak and mask appeared in front of Naruto. “Something funny, Naruto-kun?” the figure asked.

“No, no. Just remembering good times, Itachi-kun.”

“You wanted to see me?”

“Yes. I thought you might want this, which will inform you of our current situation,” Naruto handed Itachi a scroll, “and I wondered if you had the information I asked for.”

“Of course. It’s all in this scroll,” Itachi handed Naruto a scroll back. “If that’s all Naruto-kun, then I think I’ll be leaving. You know it’s dangerous for me to spend an extended amount of time here.”

“Yes, you can leave.” Naruto said. He felt really bed about not being able to tell Sasuke that Itachi was alive, but that would make Sasuke try to kill Itachi again. Itachi wasn’t the traitor everyone thought he was. What he had done, he had done on the Leaf’s orders.

Naruto was trying to get to the bottom of why the council would order the Uchiha Massacre When he had asked the council members, they said that Donzou had convinced them it was for the best. Naruto had also talked to Sai, who said that Donzou disappears for extended periods of time without telling anyone where he was going.

Naruto now had a theory and what was in Itachi’s scroll could prove or destroy his theory.

He sat down on the bench at the top of the Monument and read through the scroll.
What he saw both horrified and delighted him. He was right. Donzou and Madara Uchiha were the same person. Madara had orchestrated the destruction of is clan for rejecting him. It bothered Naruto that there had been a traitor in their midst for so long and no one noticed.

“Watcha doin’ dobe?” a voice said. Naruto started at hearing Sasuke’s voice and dropped the scroll he was holding. It tumbled to the ground.

“Sasuke! What are you doing here!?!” Naruto asked as he hurried to pick up the scroll.

“Why do you sound so panicked? What are you hiding?” Sasuke teased as he tried to grab for Naruto’s scroll.

“That’s confidential Sasuke! And you don’t answer a question with more questions.” Naruto said as he pulled the scroll out of Sasuke’s reach.

“Hn.” He said, snatching for it again.

“Stop it, teme!” Naruto yelled.

“Well, what’s in it dobe?”

Naruto could see that he wasn’t going to get away without answering this question. “Information on a spy within the village.” Sasuke’s hand dropped. He was smirking.

“See, now was that so hard, dobe?”

Naruto smirked back. “I’m not a dobe teme!” Sasuke bought only half the truth. He was feeling guilty. As soon as he had Donzou arrested he would have to tell Sasuke the truth.

Sasuke saw the guilt in Naruto’s eyes, but didn’t push it. He understood that as the Hokage he had to keep secerts. “Wanna get some ramen dobe?”

Naruto looked questioningly at Sasuke, who shrugged. “Yeah, okay, but I have to take care of this first.”

“I’ll go with you.” Naruto shrugged.

“Come if you want to.” Naruto stood and Sasuke followed him.

They reached Naruto’s office door. Naruto turned to Konohamaru, “Have you seen Ero-sennin?”

“He’s looking for you. I’ll find him if you . . .”

Naruto cut him off. “I’ll handle this one.” He did the hand signs for a quick tracking jutsu and grabbed Sasuke’s hand as he was disappearing, taking Sasuke with him.

Sasuke and Naruto popped up right next to Jiraya, who was talking to Kakashi on the roof of the hospital. Though Sasuke would never admit it, he was impressed by how accurate Naruto’s jutsu was.

“Naruto, Sasuke, what are you doing here?” Jiraya seemed to temporarily forget about Naruto being Hokage as he eyed the two boys holding hands.

Naruto released Sasuke’s hand. He handed Jiraya the scroll Itachi had given him. “What’s this?”

“Proof of the theory I told you about earlier. I want Donzou arrested and I want you to do it personally.”

Naruto sounded so angry that Jiraya didn’t dare refuse. “Hai, Naruto-sama.”

“Good.” Sasuke and Naruto disappeared and reappeared at Ichiraku’s.

“Hey dobe? What was that about?”

“I’ll tell you later. It’s kinda complicated.” They ordered and ate in silence. Sasuke was watching Naruto, who looked stressed. He wondered how complicated this was if it could stress out the normally hyper-active blond Hokage.

Ayamae ended up being the one who broke the silence. “Naruto, we haven’t seen you in a while.”

“No, I guess not. I’ve been pretty busy and Sakura and Lee drag me home to eat with them a lot lately.”

For some reason that made Sasuke’s stomach churn. He didn’t like that Naruto was spending so much time with Sakura and Lee. Suddenly, as they paid, Konohamaru popped up next to them.

“Naruto-sama, Jiraya-sama sent me to inform you that Donzou has been apprehended and he needs you to perform the necessary chakra sealing jutsu.”

“Alright, Sasuke come with me please.”

“Um, okay.” Sasuke was confused.
Chapter end notes: There we go. Hope you like the chapter. You have to keep reading to find out what happens. Tell me what you think.