TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I have a picture so perfect for the lantern festival but I don't know how to upload a picture. :( I lost my glasses so the chapter may be shorter than others. Other news, I will actually be very busy monday- sunday because I dance during fiestas in Santa Barbara. So I'll try to update if I have time! I hope you enjoy the chapter!
I make a couple more shadow clones that I can make with my chakra and let them stabilize the water wall. My right hand bled, but I could feel it beginning to heal, it’ll be minutes before I’m all good to go. I look up once more, the balls of fire where slowly decreasing but they still hit my wall with force. Steam rose, making the black night sky look milky. The blue haired man had shurikens in his hand, and I jump down from the branch to face him head on.

“Nori, you’ve taken too long,” the blue haired man says, as I see another man jump next to him. He was wearing the Leaf attire, both of them with eyes full of bad intentions. Just were they planning.

“I had to get the barrier down for the jutsus to get in. Not so easy to do on your own, Takumi,” the other one said. He hid his head in a full mask, but I knew they were here to destroy the Leaf. To take down the village’s barrier meant that they must be high-ranked shinobi, and I was in trouble. Maybe they could tell that I wasn’t too strong at the moment because they talked so nonchalantly. They shouldn’t lower their guards.

“Takumi, have you been playing with this doll here? Must say you have an eye for interesting women,” The man who is named Nori says.

“Stop the attack on the village and I might let you live,” I threaten them as I form a tearing torrent in my hand, the chakra flow made my hand sting, but I didn’t put too much attention to it. I watch them, trying to find out their fighting pattern. If I had more chakra than I would have created more shadow clones to help me, but at the moment the wall and ten shadow clones were hard to maintain. Where the hell was Guy?

I form my water whip with the other hand, I don’t think attacking first would be wise, not right now. Takumi, and Nori eye me carefully as well, by the state I feel at the moment, I wouldn’t be too intimidated.

“Poor girl, doesn’t know what she’s getting herself into. How much do you think we can sell her for?” Nori asks his partner. I was so done with this chit chat. I extend my water whip so that is it meters in front of me, Nori and Takumi dodge my water whip with ease, but they don’t expect me to throw my tearing torrent. I throw it while Nori is still in the air, no way he’ll be able to dodge it, not unless he uses a shadow clone to change his direction. Thankfully he doesn’t use shadow clones and the jutsu hits him square in his left shoulder. He lands on a bush near by and struggles to get back up, my water has ripped through a quite bit of flesh.

“Why are you attacking the Leaf?” I growl. They didn’t give me an answer.

I feel Takumi’s shift in chakra, and I notice that he is now taking me a bit more serious now that his friend is injured. I see him seal his hands and then I feel my shadow clones struggle against the fireballs. He must be the one creating them and controlling them. My chakra couldn’t keep up much longer, the wall was too wide for the first time, but I had to push myself.

I go up to the tree to help my shadow clones stabilize the wall. I feel something wrap around my ankle, and pull me down hard to the ground. My head hits the hard ground making my vision falter for a bit, I see Nori has wrapped my ankle with mud, he held his shoulder with his hand. I wasn’t the only one who was bleeding now. I could tell that Takumi was running out of chakra, I pray that I outlast him.

“Two against one, that is an unfair fight, especially attacking a woman. Traitors are the worst kind of enemies,” I hear Guy say from behind them. I breath, its better late than never. I get up to my feet, Guy spars with Takumi, and I saw Asuma fight Nori. It wasn’t much of a fight, they made it look so easy. Takumi already used a lot of his chakra from trying to get past my water wall, and Nori struggled big time against the best close combat ninja. I find my way to the high branch, and finally come into contact with my water wall. It kept me from falling again, my shadow clones had to hold my back. That hit to the head really did a number on me.

Within the matters of minutes, Takumi and Nori were defeated and they were escorted to the interrogation unit.

I held my wall just in case of a surprise attack, I wanted to make sure.

“Kiyoko! Looks like everything is clear, you can let go of your water jutsu,” I hear Kurenai scream from down below. When did she get here? That didn’t matter, I just needed to get all of this water out of here. It would cause damage to the Leaf, and I couldn’t move it somewhere else with the little energy I had left. I begin to transform it back into chakra, feeling my chakra flow back into my body relieved me of my fatigue and headache. I sighed as I felt the warm energy flow through my fingers. Slowly the water wall vanished and seeped back to my body through my palms.

I regained my strength and hopped back to the ground, my shadow clones disappeared, and people began to come out of their hiding spots. Kurenai rests her hand on my shoulder, a smile written on her face.

“You’ve done very well,” She compliments me. I smile too, I was finally strong enough to protect the Leaf. Before I know it, I hear clapping, many hands clapping. I see the faces of the villagers surround me in a large circle, kids, teens, adults and elders, all of them were smiling and clapping. They were clapping for me. The sweat and blood were forgotten, I had this new kind of warmth within me, one that was different when I stood by Kakashi. This was s filling warmth. I see Eri push her pregnant body to the front of the line, she wore the widest grin and tears in her eyes. It was difficult to process the emotions I am feeling.

“Lets get you to a quick check up and then to Lady Tsunade's office,” Kurenai says besides me. I follow her and smile to the crowd. I get a quick check up, but thanks to regaining my chakra I do not have any serious head trauma. I just had to sleep it off. Kurenai accompanied me to the Hokage’s office, Guy was standing outside the main entrance.

“Glad to see you do not have any serious injuries,”Guy says as he sees me in one piece and no bandages.

“Lady Tsunade is waiting for you in her office,” He adds on. I go to her office, wondering what she will say. Hopefully she acknowledges my efforts.

I walk a faster pace to her office, knocking before I open the door. Lady Tsunade sits behind her desk as always, Shizune stood by her desk and Sakura was there too. Sakura had a smile on her face, even Shizune. Lady Tsunade stood from her chair.

“That was some water technique, I haven’t seen this control since my great uncle Tobirama Senju. He was the master of water jutsu, and you may be getting there. I must thank you for protecting the village, I have without a doubt, that you are truly a shinobi of the Leaf,” She praises.

“Our defenses were weak, especially because of the traitor among us, but thankfully you took action quickly and held that fortification while fighting two jounin. I’ve taken in consideration your past missions, especially the one where you and Kakashi took the living dead head on. Its only been just over six months since you came and you have already become a chunin. Well I am glad to say that I promoting you to jounin level, Kiyoko Tsukino,” She says, with a small smile. So many things have been running through my head, but it all stopped when she said that last sentence.

I am being promoted to jounin level.

“I know that you are not too experienced, but your tactics and skills are up there. But by the look on your face you don’t know just how powerful you have become. I am fortunate to have you as a comrade, not an enemy. I have signed the paperwork, all we need is your signature and then you will be a jounin,” She slides a piece of paper for me to sign. I walk over, still stunned by the sudden news.

When I walked through that door for the very first time, I never expected to sign this piece of paper. I sign my name where I am supposed to, and hand her the pen. I bow my head.

“Thank you for acknowledging my progress. I will not take this power for granted,” I tell her. She grunts in agreement. Sakura wraps her arm around my shoulders.

“You’ve done it, Kiyoko!” She laughs. I’ve done it. I’ve made it to my goal. I’ve protected the Leaf, I have become a jounin. I will keep that promise, Suzu, I will protect the world from war. I won’t let your son ever see war.

“Enjoy the festival, you can turn in the written report tomorrow,” Lady Tsunade says.

My happiness buzzed in my head as I walked back into the hallway. I couldn’t stop smiling. There were a few tears that wanted to spill, but they were happy tears.

I’ve gone against everything my father thought of me. I proved them that I am capable of being a shinobi. My thoughts are cut by the sound of heavy breathing, I turn to see a sweaty Kakashi standing in the hallway.

“We came running back as soon as we saw the attack. Is-”

“I’ve made it, Kakashi. I’m a jounin,” I tell him. He holds his breath, taking in the news too. I couldn’t help but run into his arms. I want to share my excitement with him. He smiles, and presses his body to mine.

“That’s great. I knew you would be promoted soon. I knew by the amount of water I saw, that it was you who was protecting the Leaf. I’m proud,” He says into my hair. He was proud of me for protecting something he cared for too. My mind and heart raced with his words. So many things have been introduced to me, but I don’t want it to stop. I’ll continue to ride the wave of warmth and strength. I lean up to give Kakashi a small kiss to the cheek, as a thank you for everything he has done and said to me.

“Lets get to the Hokage faces, we still need to release our lanterns. We can make it if we hurry,” Kakashi says. That night we paid our respect for Rin, who I imagined to be a very courageous girl. One of the people that admire and thank too.

Villagers sent me smiles as I walk besides Kakashi that night. I remember my dream and my life before the Leaf. Everyone turned their backs on me, or gave me disapproving looks. I don’t remember the feeling of being so alone anymore, not when the villagers greeted me with a smile and with Kakashi’s hand resting on my back. I knew that I would never be so alone anymore. This village was my home.
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading! I;ll try to update so I won't make you guys wait too long for the nest chapter, but be patient with me. Let me know what you guys think!

Until next chapter!