TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here is the next chapter. Sorry its not regular updates. But I'm too busy. haha. Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think. The next few chapters will be kind of difficult to write, since its preparing for war. Anyways I will try to get on the next chapter soon. Enjoy.
“Kakashi!” I said as I grabbed his arm. How could he just get up and go.

“He’s been able to bring us all back. Naruto is exhausted, I’m his sensei, I need to make sure he’s okay.”

“But I can’t-” I said as I felt fear rise into my heart again. Last time he left my sight I saw him breathless and still. I don’t want to see that ever again. Kakashi smiled a bit as he crouched down and put his hands on my growing womb. For the first time all day the baby moved. I cried as the baby kicked hard against Kakashi’s hands.

“You see, she’s telling me to go,” he said as he wiped the tears away. I shook my head.

“She’s scolding you for making us worry so much.Go. I know Naruto will be happy to see you,” I said as held his hand tightly once before letting go. He vanished quickly, as if he never left his body. But that was the strange thing about the jutsu, they all came back to life without a missing a beat. Pain had given back all of the lived he’d stolen. The baby was active as I thought, Pain had stolen him from me, but ironically he gave him back. But it wasn’t Pain that saved our lives, it was Naruto. Naruto was the hero and savior of this village.

“Come on, the villagers are coming out of hiding. Lets go to Lady Tsunade, that’s where you’ll be safest,” my father helped me to my feet as we walked to the large toad. The chunin, were there, with Hinata. Guy’s team was there.

“Kiyoko! Are you okay?” Guy said as he walked over. I nodded with a small smile. Hinata was weak but she was alive. I hugged her when I got to her, tightly, because I knew her feelings. I would have given my life for the man I loved if I could.
It
“What a stupid thing you did, but courageous. What do you think would happen to Naruto or any of us if anything happened to you.”

“I’m sorry, but I couldn't just sit back and let Naruto fight by himself. He was tied down like an animal. I couldn't just watch him get captured. I had to protect him, and everyone.”

If Naruto can not see her act of love than he really is dense. I was glad she was fine.

“Kakashi-sensei,” she said softly.

“He’s alive. We all are for that matter. It seems Pain has come to realize the pain he has caused us all. I am grateful to Naruto. Forever.”

The crowd of people began to come out of hiding. And it was true what I said, everyone was alive and I could feel the relief and happiness in the air. Naruto was our hero and people began to think of him as one. He was no longer just a jinchuuriki, he was more than that. He was a shinobi of the Leaf and no one was going to sell out a comrade, but he saved us all in the end. Naruto was the child of prophecy. It made me realize that although I am not able to save the world, Naruto can. Whatever darkness lies ahead of us, he can go through it.

It wasn’t too long after that I watched Naruto and Kakashi come from the forest. I watched from afar as the crowd threw Naruto in the air. He was our savior, no longer the beast. But as Naruto’s smile filled the air and the sun shined, there were still problems for us.

The Leaf was destroyed and Lady Tsunade wasn’t waking up. She’s put all of her chakra into her jutsu to protect us from the blast. Soon people were looking for someone to lead them into reparations.

Shizune ordered earth style ninja to help level the ground, and clear away the debris. The rest of us began to put up tents were we could. My father wasn’t allowed to show his wood style, he said if he could, he would be able to construct the Leaf Village in a matter of just two weeks. He couldn’t without the Hokage’s permission. I gave my father the bag to protect, it would be safer with him.

During the day I helped pass out blankets and pillows. At night Kakashi would warm me with his body heat and tell my stories about his father and their encounter.

“He said my wife was beautiful and that the baby would be even more beautiful.”

Although we were recovering, things weren’t going so smoothly.

Kakashi came back to rest at nights, he told me, “Danzo will become the sixth hokage.”

“What?” I said. He sighed and took his shoes off.

“Lady Tsunade is still not waking and there has been a summit for the five kage. He is going,” he said as he took off his headband as well.

“Why? Why would the kage get together?”

“They are going to discuss about dealing with the Akatsuki. And Sasuke. He’s joined the Akatsuki himself. They say Sasuke is the one that kidnapped the eight tails from the Hidden Cloud village.”

“He’s a missing ninja. Danzo and the Raikage are going to hunt him down to kill him. This is all turning into a big mess. But Naruto, he’s planning on going to talk to him.”

“The Raikage? How could he possibly change his mind. Sasuke, he’s...”

“I know, but that’s why Yamato and I are going with him,” he said softer as he got into the blanket with me.

“Kakashi-”

“I know that is the last thing you want me to do, but Naruto’s bond is stronger than anything. Sasuke is lost and killing him will not change anything. We won’t engage in any fighting. I’ll be back in no time,” he said as he hugged me.

I knew that there would be nothing that I could say that will stop him. In times likes these, I can’t be selfish. If there was anyway for them to save Sasuke then they should go for it. I would be safe in the village, but I was just worried about them.

“How will you get Naruto out, you know they are watching him,” I whispered into his ear. He winked with his sharingan.

“You’re gonna have to teach me in the future how to use my sharingan,” I whispered in his ear. He nodded and kissed my eyes and cheek before getting up to turn off the light.

“When are you leaving?” I asked in the darkness. He moved closer to me and sighed.

“Tomorrow morning. I’ll get your father for you to be with you,” he said.

“No. He’s busy enough. I’ll be fine on my own. Besides I’ll be busy helping around too.Don’t worry too much about things here.”

I knew that by the time I woke he would be gone. But it was better that way, I would have a harder time seeing him leave. I knew that and yet I slept little and woke when I felt the blanket move. He put his gear on and tied his headband. He came back over to me.

“You’re awake,” he whispered, the sun was still sleeping behind the mountains.

“Be safe,” I said. He nodded and kissed my large belly before kissing me. He went through the tent doors and left. I slept for a bit more but got up early in the morning. I knew by now my father would be up and helping build the village. Eri would be helping as well, Rin was kept busy with her mother. Things were going right and although we were still traumatized by it, the village will heal. We will get past this.

I ate under the shade that afternoon. Not too far I could see villagers carrying long pieces of wood. I suppose after I should go see how Lady Tsunade is recovering. I prayed for her to wake up soon. Danzo can’t be hokage!

I was getting up from the ground as four ninja in mask appear before me. From the looks of it, they were Root members. I took out my kunai from my pant leg bandage. I stopped carrying my armory around, but I always kept a kunai.

The four ANBU members that usually stood guard appeared before me.

“Stand back Kiyoko Hatake,” one of them said.

I kept my hands before me. What do Danzo’s dogs want.

“We’ve been informed from the Hokage to take you into custody for security,” the middle Root member said.

“He’s not officially hokage. We can’t accept it,” the anbu said back.

“We’re not to choose who or what is official, but she must be taken into custody. They are orders we must fulfill. Hand the jinchuuriki over.”

“Don’t call me that. I am not just a jinchuuriki. Cowards, you waited until Kakashi left, but just wait until my father heard of this.”

“Are you coming with us quietly? Or must we bring you by force?”

I looked around them, we were catching a bit of attention from the villagers. I knew that separation and fighting within will only divide us. It would tear us down instead of building us together when we need it the most. I have to comply. For the sake of peace of mind for all of us.

I had to swallow my pride and take it. I knew I wouldn’t be in custody for long, but I would just have to take it for now.

“Very well. I’ll go.” I threw my kunai to the ground.

“Mrs. Hatake!”

“Everything will be fine. Please go guard Lady Tsunade while you are unoccupied. They can’t do anything to me right now We can’t afford to scare the villagers with conflicts within.”

I saw their arms fall to their side as I stepped passed them. I was taken by surprise when I felt shackles being placed on my wrist and ankles. This was a little too much, don’t you think? I could see my guardians tense up with the sight but I gave them a smile. There is too much tension in the village, I don’t want to add to it.

“We’ll get Shikaku Nara. He’ll know what to do. He’ll be with you not too long Mrs. Hatake,” A guardian ANBU spoke. I nodded and followed the Root ninja to where ever they were taking me. They lead me to a large tent where I could see a solid rock and steel cage was waiting for me. I clenched my teeth before saying anything stupid. I was being treated as a damn animal again.

I sat on the chair they gave me and waited. I never thought I would be in chains again, but this was better than villagers seeing fighting within ourselves. I wonder if I was going to locked up like this for good if Danzo becomes Hokage. Even if Kakashi tried to fight it, Danzo would be the Hokage and he has the support of the elders.

It wasn’t before long that i saw Shikaku Nara come through the tent with Root member behind him. He didn’t look too pleased at all. He sighed as he got closer to me and crouched down to my level. He looked at the chain and then at the roof.

“I’m not surprised he would go this far. But the chains...”

“I’m okay. We’ll just have to wait until Lady Tsunade wakes to figure out what we do next. You have to to do everything in your power to slow down the process,” I whispered to him.

“I’ve been trying. Its going to be difficult to stop the process though, he has the elder’s support. But I will go and discuss this to them anyways.”

“Thank you and can you please keep my father from seeing me like this. He’ll come eventually and I don’t want to make a big fuss about this.”

“I’ll come by to make sure everything is alright. I’ll send Shikamaru if I can’t come personally.”

I nodded and watched him leave the tent. I wished I could lay down, as my back was killing me from the baby’s weight, but there was nothing for me to lay on. The larger I got the more uncomfortable it became carrying the baby around everywhere. Lately I’ve noticed my feet and ankles swelling faster if I walked around the village often. It was a problem to go to the bathroom, but the Root escorted me to the bathroom multiple times.

The sun was going down when I heard commotion outside.

“We’ve been sent by my father, so move it,” I heard Shikamaru’s voice outside. I got up from the chair and tugged at the heavy chains. I saw Shikamaru, Hinata and Ino enter the tent. They were carrying a few bags.

“Kiyoko, are you okay?” Ino asked as she stood on the other side of the bars. I nodded.

“How could they do this to you. You’re pregnant! You should be resting. I bet they haven't even fed you,” Hinata was a bit upset as she handed me containers and blankets. With this much food, it can last me a couple of days.

“Thank you.”

“My dad is doing everything he can trying to get you out of here, but its a bit difficult talking to pair of stones. They are stubborn old people. They are treating you like an animal. If the village wasn’t in shambles I would have gotten you out already.”

“Thank you Shikamaru but I can hold on for a while. I’m just a bit uncomfortable, you knowing almost being seven months pregnant is tiring,” I said with a small smile.

“Your father’s been too busy to even notice anything, but by nightfall, he’ll know. We can’t really do anything to stop him. Hopefully he doesn’t get himself arrested.”

“It would be better for someone to tell him and calm him down before he rushed over here. Can you do that for me?”

“Yes, of course,” Hinata said.

“Alright, you three that enough time talking,” One of the Root members say from the tent opening. Hinata squeezed my hands and they left together. I was thankful for the blanket, I would finally be able to lay and rest for a bit. But Shikamaru was right, just an hour after nightfall I heard my father’s voice outside of the tent.

“Why are you keeping my daughter like a prisoner. I need to see her. Now.”
I could tell he was trying his best to keep himself from yelling and going at them.

Before the Root members could say anything else, he walked in the tent and I could see his eyes change in the dim light.

“This is going to damn far. Get these chains off of her or I will. I’m taking her with me. Now.”

I shook my head.

“Please don’t fight. I’m fine. Really. I can deal with this. I can’t have you being detained for getting into a fight the hokage’s ninja. Please dad,” I said as I tried to calm him down. He looked back at the opening of the tent.

“I’m going to go back out and knock them out. Then-”

“Dad, no. Imagine what the village will do when they realize that we’re fighting among ourselves. It won’t sit well with anyone.”

His smile turned straight as he extended his arm and caressed my head.

“You would have made a better hokage than Danzo,” he said with sincerity.

I convinced my father to leave without fighting or confronting anyone. He would come to see me before he headed out to rebuild in the morning. I ate and laid down to rest for the night. In my dreams I was welcomed my warm light. I saw myself in a place I’ve never been before. I looked down and see that I am no longer pregnant. What is going on?

I felt the rain pour down in heavy sheets. My sight was barely visible a few feet in front of me. But I noticed how destroyed this place was. Everything was in rubble. Nothing stood tall. What happened? Where am I? My surrounding change again. I was near the ocean. I could taste the salt in the air and hear the waves crashing. How did I get here? I began to walk but as soon as I took a step out I was transported somewhere different again.

I was thrown from the sky into a shallow pond. I was in the middle of a forest. Why is this happening? I can’t control where I am going or what I am doing. I looked around in my spot when I heard laughter. It was dee and menacing. It was a new voice. I haven’t heard this voice before.

“I have you in my genjutsu. You’re mine.”

“Who are you? Show yourself!”

I felt a shiver behind me and I turned to see red eyes. Sharingan, but they weren’t like mine. They had the ripple patterns too. Was it a mix of the rinnegan and sharingan?

“You’re trapped within me. Forever.”

“Who are you? What do you want with me?”

“I want that chakra inside of you.”

He hid in the shadows of the moonlight. I took my hand out with a kunai all of a sudden. Everyone wants Ryuu, but if this person has him then I know he will only bring harm to all of us. I have to fight him.

“Kiyoko, you can’t fight me in here I control everything. Even you.”

“How do you know my name? Show me!”

“I know everything about you. I know everything you will become.”

Hiis laughter only got louder as I was pushed out of my dream. I looked around and saw figures getting closer to me in the darkness. It took me a few minutes to know that they were the Root members. But what could they want in the middle of the night? They began to unlock the cage and I felt myself getting tugged to my feet.

“W-where are we going? Where are you taking me?” I asked as I grabbed the things Hinata and the others got for me. The root didn’t answer and it made me feel frightened. I tugged back on the chains as they began to lead me away from the village.

“If you don’t answer me. I will scream.”

“We’ve been ordered to take you somewhere you are more suitable and secure. The Akatsuki are moving, so we will have to mask and shield your chakra.”

I could tell they were lying. They were only going to mask my chakra to keep people from finding me.

“That won’t work you know. My father can track me very easily. You can’t make me disappear.”

But that didn’t faze them and they continued to pull me somewhere unknown. I had to think of someway to get away from them. But how? The further away from them the more fearful I became. I was more vulnerable. The baby was more vulnerable. My heartbeat raced as I felt the floor begin to gain altitude.

I tried to tug them but feared I would injure the baby if I fought back. I heard them say a few things that I couldn’t understand, they must have created code language to keep me from understanding. All of a sudden they stopped and turned to face me. I felt the sweat rolling down my neck and face. I wanted to turn back and see how long we’ve come from the village but I was afraid.

They took a piece of cloth and tied it around me eyes.

“Don’t you think we know about your sharingan. Lets go,” one of them said. I was taken back by the sudden lack of sight and I kept my feet high from stumbling.

“We’re going to be okay baby. We’re going to be okay because grandpa or papa is going to come for us. I’ll keep you safe until then,” I said to my small baby inside of me. I knew that they were going to come for us.

We walked a bit more and I felt us stop. I heard a bit of rumbling and leaves before entering in a cave. I knew it was a cave, it echoed. I felt myself get tied to the floor by the chains around my ankles, but they didn’t take off the cloth around my eyes.

“I’m thirsty,” I said. I felt water touch my lips and I drank. I tried my best to lay the blanket flat as they left the cave. I was in complete darkness but I couldn’t let this ear control me. I had to be strong for my baby.

That night I sang lullabies until the morning when they let me use the restroom and give me more water. They still kept my eyes shielded. I wanted them to know that I couldn’t use my eyes, I didn’t know how. But I kept my mouth quiet.

They let me use the bathroom three times a day, along with water. I needed more, but they didn’t have enough. They said the water they were giving me was enough. It wasn’t. If I had to guess by the pattern, two days have passed since I’ve been in this damn cave. My father must be going insane by now. They were really shielding my chakra to great degree if he can’t find me.

The food was getting low too. If only I could untie the cloth maybe I could see any possible ways that I could escape or send a signal but my hands and ankles were closely tied together.

In the dark cave I heard Pakkun, Kakashi’s dog. I tried to listen a bit more of the commotion. My wrists were getting sore so I tried not to rub the metal so much.

“Move aside. Danzo is no longer the Hokage, he’s dead. You two will be next if you stand in our way,” I heard Kakashi’s voice. He rarely uses that tone, but it worked. I felt the cave opening brighten and I heard footsteps run towards me. I smiled as I felt Kakashi’s presence.

“Kiyoko,” I felt him run towards me, “If Danzo were here. I would have killed him twice. What a coward of Danzo. I knew I should have told a few comrades to keep an eye on you.”

“I’m fine. It wouldn’t have helped, he was hokage, but Kakashi is true?? He is dead?”

He shook his head as he took the chains off, “Fine? Locking you like this is fine?”

I touched his face gently trying to calm him down. I was glad he came back safe.

My father came quickly and began to take the chains from around my ankles.

“How are you? Did they hurt you?” My father asked.

“I’m hungry and thirsty, but other than that I am fine. I want to make sure the baby is okay though,” I said as Kakashi helped me to my feet.

Kakashi hugged me tightly and kissed me. I tried to hide my embarrassment from my father. He hugged me tightly after Kakashi let me go. Kakashi held onto my tightly as we walked down to the village. It was quite a way but we had time to about what happened while he was gone.

“A war?” I whispered. No, this can’t be true. If war was in the future than I knew it would be the undoing of this world. A world that I should be protecting.

Kakashi told me the chaos the Summit had become and Sasuke’s activity with the Akatsuki. Not only that but the truth about Itachi Uchiha. It made my heart hurt at the thought of Itachi’s emotions as he killed his clan for the village. But it hurt more when he described Sasuke. He had truly given himself over to revenge. No one could bring him back , but Naruto hopes he can.

“The good thing is that your identity is still hidden. The Akatsuki don’t know about the tailed beast inside of you,” my father said in relief. I shook my head.

“I had a dream, someone with a Sharingan knows about me. I don’t think my identity will stay hidden for long.”

“I’ll make sure it does,” my father said with more assurance.

“If Danzo is dead and Lady Tsunade is still not awake, what will happen to the Leaf? There was to be war preparations,” I asked Kakashi. He sighed.

War was among us, and I knew Kakashi was going to go out there to fight. I didn’t want to face that reality just yet, but I knew it would come soon. The worst part was not being by his side to make sure he comes back home to us. I couldn't lose him again. I don’t think I can accept his death twice.

“I-It looks like I am going to become hokage,” he said. I looked up to his face. Kakashi was going to become hokage.I stopped in my tracks.

“I’m not entirely made to become Hokage, but a lot of people believe so.”

“Congratulations,” my father patted his back. I nodded and smiled.

“I can’t wait to see your face up there with the hokage. I can’t think of anyone better to become the sixth hokage. You’ll lead this village greatly. I’ll be here behind you,” I said with a smile. My heart was still racing at the thought of war banging at our feet, but Kakashi becoming hokage made me feel slightly less afraid. All five nations coming as one to fight evil. I think I was beginning to find the answer to what exactly peace is.

“Kakashi accompanied me to a medical ninja to make sure the baby and I were unharmed.We were fine, but I shooed him away. I would be able to see him tonight, but I knew he was busy with preparations of becoming hokage and preparing for the war. The rebuilding of the village was increased, there were going to be many small villages coming here for refuge in the future and we had to be ready. With Danzo gone, my father was able to go help fully to the reconstruction without worrying about me. I, on the other hand, made my way to my tent to try reading the books of three dojutsus. I knew that I had to make an effort in deciphering it to save this world from destruction. This book had the answers, I was the only one who could read it. I was the only one who could stop this war. I knew I couldn’t but I could stop the Akatsuki from using the tailed beast if I read this book. I wouldn’t let the eyes from my dreams take any chakra away. I made my history. I made my past, I am making my present, and I am the only one who will make my future.
Chapter end notes: Thank you reading. Let me know what you guys think.
Until Next Chapter. Love all my readers. :)