TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here is a chapter!! There is a surprise in there! I hope you like it because I had fun trying to fit it in the story. HAHAHA. HAVE FUN READING. THANKS READERS. LOVE YA
“Naruto is down there? By himself, but there six of them!” I heard my father say. I looked up from Kakashi’s face and saw Naruto, and large toads in the middle of the empty ground.

“He asked us to not interfere. We’ll only be getting in his way,” Lady Katsuyu said to us. My father, I knew he wanted to head down there to help, but he looked at me. He didn’t want to leave my side right now. I didn’t want him to go either.

“We have to trust him. He knows what he is doing. He’s a sage now after,” Lady Katsuyu said. My heart ached as Kakashi grew colder. The pain I had ran deep, I’ve never experienced it. Not when Suzu died or my father leaving. I was being torn from the inside out, and there was no way to alleviate the agonizing pain of losing Kakashi. I was hurting too much. I clenched my chest as pain ran through me. Was I going to die, I grabbed my chest as it felt like it was going to cave in. My lungs were panicking, I was panicking. I groaned as I felt constricted and nauseous.

“Kiyoko...” Choji said in astonishment.

“Take deep breaths. Everything will be okay. Its okay,” my father came to my side as he held me, but I never let go of Kakashi. Nothing was going to be okay. It never will be. How could everything be okay if Kakashi was gone? How! I was going to destroy Pain. I was going to get rid of the world from the Akatsuki. Why should I shoulder all of this pain?

“Kiyoko... You-you’re eyes...” I heard Choji say in disbelief. My eyes? I touched them, they felt different. I thought tears ran down my face, but as I saw a blood drop land on the ground near Kakashi I felt it. Blood ran down from my eyes. The panicking sensation passed but the pain remained. My father looked astonished as he looked at me. He swallowed once and began to cry a bit. He cried and cried as he hugged me tighter. I was so confused, why was he crying so much?

“Your eyes. Your eyes,” he repeated as he soothed my pain away a bit. I held Kakashi’s tighty. My eyes. My eyes.

“You’ve awaken your Sharingan,” my father said as he slipped a strand of hair behind my ears. He stared intensely in my eyes. I awakened my sharingan? What?

“They are just like your mother’s,” he said softer. I touched my hooded eyes, they didn’t feel any different, but they shed blood. My heart was crying.

Although I was afraid of this overwhelming sensation of pain and hate, I found some comfort in my new power. Somehow these eyes made me warm, but I grew excited to think about the possibilities of understanding some parts of the three dojutsu book.

“If only these eyes could bring him back,” I said as I touched Kakashi’s cold face.

“I guess I understand the pain my mother felt. She awoken hers as birth, and yet I awoke mine at his death,” I bit my lip to keep myself from sobbing once again. I knew they were right, crying would not bring him back. I had to be strong for the baby, she was going to need me. I was going to raise her beautifully knowing Kakashi was going to watch over us. Who know maybe Kurenai and my baby will be friends?

“This pain will dull, won’t it.”

“Yeah, it will get easier with time,” my father said with a bitter smile. I nodded.

I sat down by Kakashi as the battle between Naruto and Pain went on. It was astonishing to see Naruto grow in so little time. Although Naruto fought, I couldn’t keep my mind or my eyes away from Kakashi for more than a second. I knew my father said the pain would get better, but I can’t even begin to think that it will.

This pain will keep my alive, it will keep my moving forward to get the revenge I need. I need to keep Kakashi’s memory and life alive inside these eyes of mine. I wasn’t going to let anyone get away with this.

“What is she doing down there!” I heard someone yell from a far. I saw someone standing near Naruto’s fallen body. He seemed to be pinned down by rods. Hinata was there by Naruto’s side. My heart ached at the sight. She was going to get hurt, her love for Naruto was like mine for Kakashi. But even love can not protect your loved ones.

“We need to go and help. She’s going to get herself killed! Naruto is pinned down! She’s all alone down there!”

If only I was able to fight! I grew frustrated as I was only able to sit and watch. I couldn’t protect the people that needed me. I’ve failed everyone. Most importantly I failed to protect Kakashi. He was gone because of me.

“But no one is supposed to be down there! Naruto doesn’t want anyone down there! How could she be so stupid and try to fight Pain!”

It was an easy answer, Hinata loved Naruto. She would give her life to protect him. But the pin in my heart grew as I could simply watch her get tossed around. She was powerless to free Naruto.

“Dad. You need to go help her! Please!”

“I can’t. I need to stay by your side.”

“Will anyone help her?” I pleaded with anyone that will hear me, but I got no response. She’s going to die out there! I got up to my feet, but my father held me down. How could we just watch and let her die? She will die just like Kakashi. And Naruto....

My thoughts stopped as I saw her being slammed down into the ground harshly, before Pain took out a rod and embedded it into her. Blood. Blood I saw it begin to taint the ground near her. No, she can’t be...

In that moment, I could feel Naruto snap. A close friend being killed in front of him, that’s never happened to him. LIke me he let the beast take over to shield him from the pain. There was a powerful blast of hot air that nearly blew me away, but I crouched over Kakashi’s body. I knew what was going to happen. And if no one is there to keep him from destroying himself, he will die. A horrible screech rang through the air. I looked over at my father, he had fear in his eyes.

“If he doesn’t try...”

“What are we going to do?”

I shook my head, if I could I would be able to stop him with my own wood style and sage art. I learned how to control the beasts, but I can’t! I can’t do anything to stop him.

The battle field was torn apart as the nine tailed beast grew rampant. If he doesn’t move this battle somewhere else, innocent people will be killed in the crossfire. From afar I could only see the battle get more intense, someone needed to get Hinata back from there. I could still feel her chakra, she wasn’t dead. I sighed in relief.

“She’s alive. Hinata is alive, someone needs to get her!” I yelled. Choji looked over at me.

“We have to wait until they move further away form here. Its too dangerous.”

“She’s our comrade and we never leave them behind. If no one else will go get her, I will.”

“Stop acting irrationally. You’re defenseless and pregnant. You stay here.”

The nine tails and Pain continued to battle but they began to move away from the Leaf. Thankfully, but Naruto’s rampage did not stop, it grew. I could feel less and less of Naruto as time went on. My heart raced at the thought of him dying, if he did. This world will no longer exist. Naruto is our last hope.

“If no one can bring Naruto back to himself, this will not end nicely.”

“But what are we supposed to do? Damn it Yamato is not even in the village right now,” I heard Inoichi say. What will happen now? Kakashi you’re looking over us, aren’t you. Please save Naruto. Someone save him!

From afar I can see a large rock begin to form in the air. It looked like a planet and inside of it was the nine tails. Pain can’t capture him! If he dies, and the Akatsuki get their hands on the tailed beast, then this world will not have a chance even if Naruto lives.

“Dad You have to!” I pleaded with my father. He looked conflicted, but he nodded. He got to his feet, but we saw the tailed beast begin to dig itself out. The pure hatred the beast and Naruto had for Pain was keeping him from surrendering to Pain.

The beast struggled with all its might but it was difficult to escape. As if the beast appeared from thin air, the beast disappeared. Through the big white cloud I couldn’t see anything.

“Its Naruto. Somehow he was able to suppress the beast. It looks like the seal is back intact.”

“What?” I asked confused. How is that possible? Unless he had some sort of help from inside him, like the tailed beast? Did they come to good terms?

“He’s back to himself. He’ll have to defeat Pain in the way he is. He’s weak,” my father said.

“We’ll be heading to a high point, if hwe can find the real Pain then we can end this one. We have enough information to believe the real Pain is controlling the others from a far,” Shikamaru and Ino’s fathers said as they began to move. Please let them be safe too. I saw a team come close to Hinata as they brought her over to Sakura. I looked down at Kakashi. I shook my head, I know medical jutsus won’t bring him back. Sakura can’t save Kakashi now.

“How is she doing?” I asked.

“She doesn’t have an vital injuries. She’ll be fine with a little medical attention,” Sakura said with a small smile. I knew there was pain in her heart over her lost teacher too. I knew she felt pain for me, suddenly becoming a widow and a single mother. I did want to lay down with him, but I had to be strong. I had to for everyone else.

We waited in silence as Hinata recovered from her injuries and Naruto ended the battle with Pain. He was going to win, for all of us. Naruto had the largest fire within him. He was going to protect us, now I know.

“It seems that Naruto has defeated Pain. He is heading towards the real one as we speak. He was able to locate him,” Lady Katsuyu said. My father took a few steps towards Naruto’s directions.

“We’ll go give him backup,” my father said as Neji agreed.

“No. He said he doesn’t want anyone else there. He wants everyone to stay in the village.”

“Is he insane. That is too much for him! Lets go!”

“Wait! Naruto, is going to talk to him. The real Pain. If he doesn't he will never get closure. Pain was Master Jiraiya’s student. They are brother students themselves. They share pain, he needs to talk to him.”

“Lets trust Naruto a bit more. He hasn’t let us down yet,” I said. I knew Naruto could become friends with anyone he wished. He has that ability in him. He was fair and passionate. He could break even the coldest people.

My father sat next to me and took my free hand. With the fighting done and gone, my mind was only full of Kakashi. Looking at him, feeling him, he was too cold. My heart ached again. My heart still could not believe he was gone. How did Kurenai go through this? She seemed so strong, and I felt like I was crumbling away.

I gently fluttered my fingers above his scar. This eye saved a life, but why couldn’t he save himself. How could he leave us?

“Kiyoko. I’m so sorry,” I heard Choji say again.

“Don’t be sorry Choji. It wasn’t your fault. Maybe this was the way everything was meant to happen,” I said softly. I don’t know how long Naruto met the real Pain. I let the time pass me by as I held onto Kakashi. Maybe my warmth will bring him comfort on the other side. He used to keep me warm on the coldest nights and days.

“He saved me, dad. He saved me from myself and from so many things. He loves me and I couldn’t save him. I couldn't tell him I love him before he left. I should have!” I cried again. My emotions came and went like waves. I stopped crying for a bit and started again as I dove deeper into my memories of our time together. I remember receiving a lot of firsts from him. My first bed home, my first hug, first mission, first kiss, first love, first night. All I was able to give him was myself, and I wonder if I was enough for him. I knew deserved someone so much better. I am still surprised he chose me. He could have had someone without so much baggage and trouble. He didn’t have to put up with me for so long. He didn’t have to comfort me when I failed or hid away. Kakashi pulled me out of my dark times. He told me he loved me first. I wish I had told him first. I wish I could kiss him again. I wish I could have him back and have my family together.

“He knows more than anyone your feelings Kiyoko. He knows you love him. Part of him lives inside of you,” my father said softly as he patted my back.

“I wanted him to see our child’s face. I wanted to raise a family with him. I wanted to live happily, but I don’t think I deserve to. Not after everything I did.”

“You’ve atone for what you did. You’ve redeemed yourself Kiyoko. More than anyone you deserve to be happy. Your past can’t keep you back, it won’t.”

Its hard to believe tomorrow, Kakashi will not be with me. And the day after that. And years later. Was I ever to be happy like I was for such a short amount of time. I kissed his eyes, hoping by some miracle that they would open. I knew my hopes would never come true.

I didn’t realize it, none of us did, but the sky began to glow. There were green lights everywhere. Can this another jutsu? The green lights began to rain from the skies, but only to the dead. What is going on? One by one, the dead were being brought back to life. They must be the souls of the dead. Where is Kakashi? He must come back to me! I panicked as time went on. He has to come back to me. He has to!

A green lights enters his body from above and within seconds he opens his eyes. I cry louder as I feel his breath and warmth. I hugged him tightly as I felt his arms envelope me tighter. I could feel some tears land on my shoulder.

“Kiyoko,” he whispered my name.

“I love you Kakashi. I -” but I couldn’t end my sentence. I cried as I watched his eyes blink and his chest rise. I could feel his heartbeat through his shirt.

“Are you okay? Why are you out here?” He said as he looked at me. God, who ever brought him back to me I will forever be indebted to you. Here he was in front of me, both eyes open. I cried more.

“I couldn’t just leave you out here like you were. I know it was reckless.”

“I love you Kiyoko. I was worried about you more than anything. But I had to do it. Kiyoko!” He sounded surprised.

“I know I was reckless. I-”
“Your eyes! Your eyes, they-”

They must have come out. I don’t even know or feel my sharingan come into play.

“I awoke my sharingan when I saw you laying there. It felt like I was being shredded to pieces when I saw you stil. I’ve never felt this pain before.”

I looked down. Where they too outlandishly different?

“They are beautiful. Your mother truly was an Uchiha. I’m sorry for putting you through all of this,” he wiped the tears away from my eyes.

Kakashi kissed my forehead, “but how am I alive?”

“I’ll explain everything,” Kady Katsuyu said.
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading. Let me know what you guys think. Leave a comment about what you think about the surprise, hahaha. I really like this new part of her, don't you? Love ya. I'll get on writing the next chapter quickly.