TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Here is another chapter. I promised I would update this week so I am! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It was a little hard writing a few scenes. Sorry if there are mistakes.
“What are you doing?” I ask my father as we stood in a dark cave. I saw him beginning to seal the entrance way with woodstyle.

“Its a barrier jutsu. Nothing will be able to get through now. We’re going to be safe,” He said the last part with confidence.

“God, if only I was out there fighting. I have to protect the Leaf.”

“If. You are protecting the Leaf in your own way. If they got their hands on you then the Leaf and everyone will be in danger. Now lets sit down and just wait. That is all we can do now,” he said as he created wooden chairs for us to sit in. I sighed and sat down, my swollen feet ached a bit. I set the bag in my lap. I could not sense very much of anything outside this barrier, but I focused all of my energy in keeping track of Kakashi’s chakra. No matter what I couldn’t lose my sight on him, because if I know he is alive and well then I could relax a bit in this cave.

“Can you sense what is going on outside?” I asked my father.

“Lady Tsunade has summoned Lady Katsuyu, I believe she will be sending a small clone of her our way soon, to keep us informed.”

I nodded. I could tell that they were searching for Naruto, but by harming people that did not know. It made me angry. No one, absolutely no one in this village would sell out Naruto, because he has become someone important to this village. He has become a hero and I know when Naruto arrives from his training he will defeat Pain. He will save us because he is the child of prophecy.

Lady Katsuyu waited in front of the cave as my father opened it for her to enter. She was still a very large slug but she was kind and let us know what was happening outside this cave.

“If I can find you this easily, then you aren’t doing a very good job of hiding now are you?”

All of sudden we heard Danzo’s voice speak from the end of the cave. He came out of the dark with three ANBU ninja. I quickly got to my feet and hid the bag behind me. Lady Katsuyu stood in front of me as my father began gathering his chakra for any jutsus he needed to use.

“What are you doing here Danzo?”

“Me? I’m just making sure your secret stays a secret. We can’t have the Akatsuki find out about her. Naruto will stay at Mount Myoboku and you will be coming with me,” he said to me.

“Naruto will be coming back. You can’t just take what you want. I’m not a tool or weapon.”

“Its so sad to see you still living in that fantasy. I know that child of your’s will be powerful as well. If I can’t have you or your father than I will have the child.”

“Ha. As if anyone would allow it. Kakashi will kill you before you move. I won’t let anything happen to my daughter or grandchild. Its best if you leave now. Hide from danger like you always have,” my father said.

Danzo looked harshly at me once more before he disappeared back into the cave. Then my father created another sealed barrier and enclosed us completely.

“I’ll send this encounter to Lady Tsunade. She will make sure he never comes near you,” Lady Katsuyu said. I thanked her as I sat down again.

That Danzo he only shows himself when his enemies are weak. He was insane thinking he could ever get a chance to get my baby. I would rip him to shred without thinking. I could feel myself getting a bit riled at the thought of it.

As the rumbling of the ground continued, my father sat down and concentrated on the battlefield.

“Where is Rin? Eri? Ume?” I asked my father. In all of the chaos my mind had forgotten about them and I began to feel horrible about my safety over theirs. Here I am completely safe and they are not.

“Rin is with her grandmother and Ume. Eri is with Rokuro. They are fighting in the east wing of the village. They look to be fine.”

Good. They were unharmed. I wish I could hold Rin in my arms but I knew that she would be in greater danger if she was with me. I could feel faintly the villagers were being escorted to safety and that was all I could ask for. I wanted to harm to be done to the innocent but the Akatsuki were will do anything to get Naruto. Knowing innocent shinobi were dying and I could have stopped it makes my chest hurt. I’ve failed, because as the chosen one I have failed countless of people. I wish I could stop the Akatsuki.

“No point in dwelling in the past. Your job after this is to help those who need it. Like helping the hospital with the injured or feeding those who are hungry. Right now you do what all citizens do, have faith in the shinobi that are fighting for us.”

“Its hard.”

“ I wish your mother was here to help me cheer you up. She would have been great at this,” he said softly. I looked to see him look at his lap as he sat on the ground. He had his hands on the ground, he must be visualizing the battle scene.

“Then again I think she would have seen this coming and finished it before it got this bad. But if she was here with us, she would know what to say. She always did.”

“What would she say?”

“Hard to say. Mothers always know what to say to their children. What would you say to your child. That is something your mother would say.”

I smiled a bit as I ran my hand over my abdomen. Turns out my father did know what to say too. Maybe the baby was sleeping, it didn’t move harshly as other times. Good. I didn’t want her to hear the rumbling of the battle.

I drink a few gulps of water as I handed it to my father but he declined. He grimaced a bit when a large rumble shook the cave.

“What was that?”

“Kakashi has come in contact with the enemy. He’s doing fine, so don’t worry too much.”

“Is he alone?”

“Yes, but I can sense Choji and a squad near by. They seem to be going his way. He will get help soon.”

I nodded and took a few deep breaths. This deep into my pregnancy I have lost sense of chakra and chakra control, but with all my focus I can only concentrate on Kakashi’s chakra, but I didn’t know what he was doing. All it mattered was that he was alive.

“How is this possible?” I heard him whisper a few minutes later.

“What?”

“The Pain Master Jiraiya brought from the fight, has been revived. He is fighting once again.”

How is that possible? That man was certainly dead, we all knew it, and yet he was alive and killing once again. I closed my eyes and tried to come up with an explanation. But nothing came to mind other than reanimation. I asked my father if it was a reanimation jutsu, but he disagreed. He thinks it was a power the Rinnegan possessed.

There was a larger explosion, I almost thought the cave would collapse.

Kakashi’s POV

“It looks like you’re incapable of moving?” Pain asked from a afar. I was too late. The other arsenal Pain got in the way, even after I thought Choza and Choji brought him down.

“I know if I don’t kill you now, you’ll only become a burden for me.”

What was he planning on doing. I tried to move around but I was completely immobile. I saw him begin to grab a nail. He was going to throw it. I had little chakra fighting back would be useless but this information had to get to Lady Tsunade.

“Know pain.” He threw the nail my way but secretly I used my sharingan to cancel it. I pretended all for the sake of my life. I felt him leave before I moved a bit. That was really a close call. Every time I go against an Akatsuki it becomes a life and death battle. I should be stronger.

From afar I see Choji crying over Choza’s still body.

“Choji, cry later. You have to get this information to the Akatsuki. Don’t let his sacrifice be in vain.”

“But my pa,” he cried. I cursed the sky for trapping me in here. All of a sudden I see the pain Choza ad Choji bring down come to life. What the hell is this thing? He shouldn’t be moving!

“You’re persistent,” the thing chuckled a bit. I saw it bring a missile out from his body and point it at Choji. He’s aiming for Choji. No! He has to get this information to Lady Tsunade. If not then the village will be in danger. We won’t be able to defeat the enemy without this information. But I can’t move. The missile launched without warning.

“Run! Choji!”

With the chakra I have it is impossible to destroy his entire body. I will have to destroy that missile. If I use my Sharingan one more time I will use all of my chakra and I’ll...

Kiyoko suddenly came to mind and our baby. If this information doesn’t get to those who still live our baby will only be further in danger. I am a shinobi, I have to protect my family. I have to destroy this missile. This is only way to save the hidden leaf village. I’m sorry, Kiyoko.

I used my mangekyo to follow the missile that followed Choji and I was able to destroy it. He was safe, but I began to feel my chakra leave my body. My feet were numb. I never thought I would be afraid to die but with my wife and baby. I am. Kiyoko please don’t cry too much, our baby will grow to be strong. I will protect you guys from where I am.

“I’m sorry I broke my promise, Kiyoko. My little baby, I am sorry. I love you both,” I said to the blue sky as I began to lose my senses.

“Please forgive me.”

It hurt more thinking about Kiyoko than me dying. My pain will only last a few more seconds but Kiyoko will be in pain forever. I prayed, please Kiyoko be happy and never stop smiling like you smiled at me and our baby. I had my beautiful wife in my mind as I faded into the darkness. I was floating somewhere, but on the other side I saw my father. I smiled a bit.

“Is that you Kakashi?” He asked.

“So this is where you were?” I asked as I got closer to him

“Will you tell me you tale Kakashi?” He said with a small smile. He looked exactly like the last time I saw him.

“Yeah but it is a long story. But first I want to tell you about my family. I fear I will forget them if I don’t tell you about my beautiful wife and child,” I said sadly. It was true then. I was dead and I sit next to my father as I tell him my story.

Kiyoko’s POV

I suddenly feel a pain in my chest as if someone was squeezing the life out of me. I land in front of me on my hands and knees. I breathed deeply and heavily as I tried to gather my breath and feel the earth for his chakra. Where is Kakashi’s chakra! It disappeared! No, that can’t be.

“Dad...” I looked at him desperately, but he turned his face away from me.

“Where is he! Where is he!” I yelled as I crawled over to my father. I shook my head as I saw my father’s eyes. Kakashi is not dead. He promised me he would not die and he never broke a promise!

“Kiyoko,” he whispered as he took his hands off the ground.

“He’s not dead. He must have been summoned somewhere far. Dad he promised me!” I yelled as I began to feel tears fall down my cheeks like a waterfall. I could see his adam's apple bob as he tried to keep his emotions in. He knew it too. He must see it!

“No. No. No.” I said to myself. This isn’t going to happen to us. I won’t let it happen to us because I promised our little baby will be raised with both parents. I won’t let him die! I got up on my shaky legs and started heading towards the mouth of the cave. I have to go see him. If I don’t....

“Kiyoko. You’re not going out there,” my father said as he stood up.

“You can’t let me not see him. I can’t let him die out there! He is supposed to be with me until we’re old! No this isn’t real. This isn’t real.”

“”We’re shinobi Kiyoko. This is the most honorable way to go,” he said softly. I shook my head, Kakashi couldn’t be gone.

“Everything you’re feeling I know the feeling. I lost your mother, but I know you won’t do the same mistake I did. This baby is going to need you more than anyone. Kiyoko, you have to survive you can’t just go out there in harm's way!”

“I can’t just leave him there dad! I can’t! And I won’t!”

“I promised Kakashi that I would protect you and keep you safe. I can’t let you go out there. Its a battle field Kiyoko.”

I looked at the wooden wall in front of me. Who know what would happen if I use jutsus to try to break it. But the thought of Kakashi laying there in the middle of filthy ground, it made my heart hurt. I never thought this day would come, ever. I always thought Kakashi and I would die at a very old age, with our children becoming parents or even grandparents themselves. I wanted a happy and large family, not this. I could only remember the smiles he would give me when he put on a brave face for me. He was always putting himself in danger for me. We loved each other too much for me to let him die there. I can’t live a long life without him. I felt the baby kick, as though they were trying to break the wall between them and their father. It was encouraging.

“I will go. I can’t let him lay there dad.”

My father came in front of me and stood there tall and firm. I could tell he was ready to put in me in a cage and lock me there.

“No! You will not go out there. I will never let you through this wall not over my dead body. If anything happens to you I will never be able to face Kakashi or your mother. Now sit down. The fight is not over yet.”

I looked up at him and clenched my fist. Kakashi was lying there! Dead! How could he keep me from him!

“Please dad! I have to go be with him! I don’t feel his chakra anymore! I have to see him!” I pleaded with my father. I feared the worst. My tears would not stop.

“Kiyoko, I told you no.”

“I just want to see him. I want to know what happened to him. I can’t believe he died! I can’t! You can’t keep me from going to him! Wouldn’t you wish you would have done that for mom?” I said as I felt my throat begin to go raw.

“I do regret not being stronger and not being there with your mother, but I know if we went back your aunt and uncles would have killed us! You know why? Because they knew you had a tailed beast! The Akatsuki are looking for the tailed beast and they are out there! You’re in more danger now than ever. I can live with you resenting me for my entire life, but I can’t let you die. As a parent I won’t let you go out there. Please Kiyoko understand that.”

My father hugged me tightly as I cried. Was he really gone? The more I thought about it, the more my head hurt and the tighter my chest got.

“My clone will go provide all the medical need we can. Please wait a bit,” Lady Miyuki said. There was no medical ninjutsu that was going to bring Kakashi back. Not even Lady Tsunade can bring people back from the dead, and Kakashi was... dead.

I pinched my arm, this must be a nightmare. I have to wake up. I have to! Panic rose to my breasts as I felt nothing change. My father took my hands away from my forearm.

“Stop. Kiyoko.”

“We have to be stuck in a genjutsu then, dad you have to dispel it. Break the genjutsu.”

“Kiyoko. We’re not in a genjutsu. This is real life. My daughter, he is gone.” He said as his voice broke. I won’t believe it until I see it with my own eyes. I shook my head as my father tried to comfort me. I felt so cold, I felt so hollow. If he died then he must have taken all the warmth with him.

“He wanted to see his daughter’s face,” I whispered as I felt the baby slowly move.

“He will. Kakashi won’t leave neither of you. He’s always going to be there. For you and your daughter. Now lets get up, you too have to be strong for the baby and for your village.You will not be the only one grieving. Pain-”

We were caught by surprise as the ground began to shake furiously. My father quickly created another layer of protection, and Lady Katsuyu clone crawled onto my arm. This can’t look good. The sound of rumbling was deafening, as I could feel the Leaf Village come undon. I knew what was happening outside without anyone telling me. Pain had destroyed the Leaf. I felt it, and even after Lady Katsuyu proved my point.

“Dad,” I whispered. He let me go shortly and placed his hands on the ground, I saw sweat beads roll down his neck as his eyes shut closed. He was seeing what we all knew happened. The massive wave of chakra I felt had wiped the village to rubble.

“Kakashi,” I said as I got to my feet.

“With all the rubble around, let’s stay here until Naruto returns. Until Pain is gone,” He said.

“No, the moment Naruto returns is the moment I return to Kakashi’s side. Like you said, I have to trust my comrades, and I will trust Naruto will keep me safe. I want to be by Kakashi’s side, please.”

He looked at me once and swallowed. He looked at the sealed cave opening and nodded. I took his hand and squeezed it tightly.

“Then I suppose we should head out. Naruto has arrived.”

My father took down the wooden seal and together we walked outside. There was really not must to see, dust was rising in the air, and I used my sleeve to keep me from inhaling so must dirt. Although I couldn’t see, I knew there was nothing left. The land was bare.

As the wind blew it away, my father and I walked closer to the scene. Closer to Kakashi. We made our way through the rubble carefully, but it pained my heart to see all of this is lost. I then thought about our home, it was in rubble now, like the pictures of Kakashi and I, the knitted blankets I somehow created for the baby, the wooden crib my father made. And my kimono, the ones Kakashi bought, and held so much value. But i wasn’t the only one. We all lost everything, I swallowed my tears, and some of us lost our lives.

“He’s over here, Kiyoko,” my father pointed. I could see Lady Katsuyu clones, and Choji and his father. From a far Kakashi looked as if he was just sleeping. My father took me to Kakashi, as he moved the rubble. I felt my heart ache as I got closer. I couldn't believe he was truly dead. Choji looked up surprised and he had tears in his eyes as he helped me step down from fallen concrete.

Kakashi looked so peaceful, he went the way he was supposed to didn’t he. I kneeled by Kakashi, the color in his face was so faint now. And his warmth, it was leaving. I held onto him, crying. Why did he have to leave me? Why was he taken away before he could see his own child with his own eyes? I thought this must be my punishment for all of the things I did when I was younger. I’ve killed so many loved one, and now my loved one has been taken from me. But please don’t let anyone take my baby away.

“I’m sorry Kiyoko. Kakashi-sensei he sacrificed himself for the village,” Choji said with tears in his throat. I wiped my tears that landed on Kakashi’s face as I ran my hand through his hair. He loved it when I did that.

“What happened Choji?”

“He saved me, I was the only one able to move that could relay information to Lady Tsunade. The intel was relayed, but he used his last jutsu to make sure it did. He saved the people of the village. He surely bought a lot of time for us.”

I smiled a bit as I could only imagine him using his sharingan to save Choji’s life. Kakashi was a shinobi.

“Well he made a difference, right Choji.” I choked on my tears as I wailed and held onto him tighter. This wasn’t supposed to happen to us. Our baby was going to be raised with both parents, because we new how it felt to be alone and without family. We wanted to have a big family, with laughter ringing through the house late at night. We wanted bath time to be a struggle, and dinner a feast. Our baby’s life was supposed to be different, better.

“Come on Kakashi get up,” I whispered to him. He didn’t move.

“Please open your eyes.” I closed mine and tried to warm his hands. If only I could bring him back to life. If only was there by his side to protect him. Ultimately this happened because of me. The village was destroyed because of me. Kakashi died because of me. I was supposed to protect the village. I failed as the chosen one.
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to comment. I love hearing all my readers thoughts. Love you guys. And I will update soon. Thanks again!