TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I am so sorry for the long wait. I've been adjusting and starting college away from home. I hope you guys like this chapter. I've been working on it for a while. (Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes)
There were a lot of things that I disagreed with in this world but I couldn’t disagree any more when Kakashi told me he was going to go with team ten after the Akatsuki a few days after the funeral.

“Kakashi this is too dangerous. You’re chasing the Akatsuki. I can’t even think about anything happening to you.”

“I’m going to come back. I promise. I won’t leave this world until I see the baby born and well. I have to go accompany team ten otherwise they are going to go on their own. Shikamaru already has so much intel on the two that it will be at our advantage. If we get rid of these two then the land of fire will be safer. You will be safer.”

My heart was racing as he buckled his holsters and tied his headband. I looked at his injured hand. Naruto was getting very close to completing the jutsu he was working on. Kakashi and Naruto tried to test it out and it resulted in Kakashi’s rasengan losing greatly to the new power. Naruto couldn’t always use it and sometimes it failed.

“Kiyoko you know what kind of life we live. He needs to do this to protect the village and too keep them away from you,” my father said quietly. I sighed and nodded. He was right and I knew Kakashi was a ninja. But I was afraid of losing him. I couldn’t have this baby by myself. Kakashi hugged me tightly and kissed my temple before he disappeared through the front door. I don’t even know when I will see him again. The land of fire is vast.

“He’ll come back well and alive,” my father said and patted my back. I prayed he was. It was difficult to not think about anything but Kakashi facing the Akatsuki. I should be the one facing them and battling them. It was the prophecy I was supposed to fulfill. Although this baby wasn’t planned, I don’t regret it. The only thing I regret is not being able to protect the world like I was supposed to.

At sunrise I visited Naruto and Yamato and sax multiple craters here and there on the field. They were large and deep. I wonder exactly how his jutus was going and how it worked. If it was creating something this big it would be helpful in battle. For now they were resting. I brought them something to eat.

“Kiyoko, when did they leave?” Naruto asked as he ate the rice balls quickly.

“Last night.”

“I have to get this jutsu quickly. I have to go and give them some back up.”

I looked up at Yamato.

“Lady Tsunade is waiting a day to see if Naurto can use this jutsu in battle. If he can than Sakura, Sai, Naruto and I are going to give them some aid.”

I nodded ad ruffled Naruto’s hair. He looked up with a small smile.

“You can do it. In everything I have witnessed there was nothing you couldn’t do if you put your mind to it,” I said. He nodded.

“Why didn’t Lady Tsunade send you? You’ve mastered so many different things and you’re a jounin. You would have been a big help,” he asked.

“I’m pregnant.” I told them. They stopped eating and looked at me. They would find out soon anyways.

“I knew it. I could sense it for a while now, but I didn’t want to pry. Congratulations,” Yamato said.

“Woah. Woah. You’re pregnant! Tha- that means Kakashi-sensei is going to be a dad! This is really strange.” Naruto furrowed his eyebrows together as he thought about it.

“How is that weird? They are married, its only natural to start a family,” Yamato said.

“Its just weird thinking about little kids looking like him running around. But congrats Kiyoko. That little kiddo is going to be strong once he becomes a ninja,” he said with a side smile. I thanked them and encouraged them to get back to training. I watched them a little longer before I went to get a few things at the market. Was there any thing else I could do, but try to not think do much about Kakashi. Of course I knew this was the life of a ninja and of course I always wanted to be one. But now that I can’t fight I finally understand. We only need ninja because of the world we live in. I wished the world we lived in was powerless. That there was no creation of jutsus or use of chakra. I wish that we were all equal, so we could live in peace as equals. No one would have to worry about anyone gaining more power because it would be impossible. A life without ninjas and chakra would be a world without war.

But that wasn’t possible. Jutsus couldn’t be taken away and ninjas would always exist in this world. I couldn’t create a new world, but I couldn’t change this one. I should have been able to do that.

That night I was given the evening to look after Rin as Eri and Rokuro went on an over the night mission. I teased them that they were running off to have a date but I knew their missions were important to the village. My father stayed with me that night.

I bathes Rin as she squirmed around in the bathtub. She was such an energetic little thing. She was already saying some phases to me, of course it was just gibberish to me, but we had conversations as I brushed her hair. I was glad she hasn’t cried for her mother, she was comfortable staying with me. In worse case possible I would be responsible for her if anything happened to Eri and Rokuro.

Eri called this training for the baby I will have soon. I let her walk around the apartment as I made dinner. She loved to play with my father’s long hair. I could hear her squeals and my father’s small groans of pain. I smiled. This was the kind of world we should have. A happy world that was filled with laughter and smiles. There should not be any wars or hatred. There should be no harm. I wish it was possible.

After we ate and I laid Rin to bed, I cleaned up a bit.

“Kiyoko put that down and come over here. I bought over a few photo books for us to look at,” my father patted the seat next to him. I rested me feet and sat next to him. He pulled two large photo albums out of his bag, and he opened the first one. It was pictures of my mother and father as young adults.

“We were only nineteen in this photo.”

My mother had her long black hair in a ponytail and her bangs fell to the sides of her face. I touched the plastic over the photo. I blinked twice to make sure that it wasn’t me in that picture. I looked just like my mother.

“When you grew up you began to look more like your mother day after day. It was difficult to see you, and I’m sorry I wasn’t the father you deserved Kiyoko.”

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. There was really no need to bring that past up again. The only real difference between us were our eyes. Her eyes were black like all the uchiha’s and mine were green. Like my father’s mother. Her face was a bit rounder than mine and her hands were larger than mine. Other than those small details I was shocked to see me in her.

As we flipped through the pages and she got older she began to look like the mother I vaguely know. Her eyes were stronger but colder. Her chin was held higher and her shoulders were pulled back. Through the many years she gained experience and confidence. I could see it through the pictures.

The last page of the second book were of people I didn’t recognize. I could only recognize my mother as she stood in between two elders on chairs. There were three males standing behind the elders and a young woman to the side of the older man. They had smiled on their faces.

“Who are they?” I asked.

“Your mother’s family. Your grandparents, uncles and aunt.”

I couldn’t believe my mother had such a large family. My father told me their names. My grandfather was Akio Uchiha and my grandmother was Fumiko Uchiha. My grandmother was a skilled sharingan carrier. More so than my grangfather Akio. I suppose my mother got her strength and prowess from her mother.

The eldest was the man behind my grandfather. My dad told me he was a prankster and fooled around very often. He liked to laugh and go out very often but his sense of family and loyalty was as strong as his sense for adventure. He didn’t unlock his sharingan until later in his adulthood but mastered the techniques quickly under my grandmother’s guidance. His name was Masaru Uchiha.

The second eldest was the man behind my mother. His name was Tadashi Uchiha. He was a studious man and loved to talk to my father about his new findings in discovering the sharingan’s abilities. After my mother he was the strongest sharingan user in the family.

My mother was the third oldest of the family. After her my last uncle was born only a year after her. Although they were close in age, my mother excelled far more than their age. His name was Susumu Uchiha. My father said he was the most distant one, but he followed more than he led. He was quiet but skillful in the jutus. His taijutsu and ninjutsu were the strongest in the village. My father said he never unlocked his sharingan but he never fell short with his abilities. His jutsus were in par with kages from all over the lands and generations.

The youngest was my aunt, Riko Uchiha. My father said she was the most beautiful and sought after woman in the village. She was beautiful, her skin was flawless and her catlike eyes made anyone mesmerized with one look. My father said that she unlocked her sharingan when her father did not let her see the man she loved and planned for her to marry one he chose for her. She was a very manipulative woman that used her looks to her advantage. Her genjutsus could put villages under for as long as she wanted. Her mind was so intricate that it was hard for anyone to truly know what she thought. She was the smartest in the family. But she found all the fighting tiring and would rather hang out with boys than go to the family meetings.

Needless to say my mother’s family were all gifted. They looked like they each had a purpose in their lives. If they were alive I would have wanted to learn under them.

“But the strongest, smartest, and most beautiful was your mother. She was the gem of the Uchiha.”

I smiled. She really was the gem, and if she was still here today she would still be the treasure of the Leaf Village.

“They died in the Uchiha massacre didn’t they?”

My father nodded.

“How? They were so powerful and Itachi Uchiha killed them without a fight? I can’t believe it. Were their memories altered along with the world?” I asked. I just couldn’t believe that a family like theirs would simply die.

“I don’t know if their minds altered. But I got word from your grandfather many years later. He sent a letter to me. He had a vision of the massacre before it happened and he saw the aftermath of it. He could’ve stopped it, but the outcome of that would have been bigger than killing all the Uchiha’s. He said that their bloodline was no longer how it was once destined to be. He said no one was going to survive the end of the world either way so his family would accept dying along with the rest of the clan.”

I scrunched my eyebrows. What did he mean by that? My grandfather must have gone crazy.

“He sent me the letter to warn me to try and train the beast in you. That you were going to be the only Uchiha left on this planet. But I guess he didn’t count on Itachi letting his little brother live.”

I suppose my mother’s family did know about the beast in me after all.

“My grandfather wasn’t all that insane. He was right that I needed to train for the worst.” I did, but now I can’t fight for what he and Sage Moriko prepared me for. It would have been so fascinating to actually have known my relatives in person.

“My mom was able to alter so many things about her world, but she didn’t erase these image, why?” I asked.

“I think she knew that we would come back to the Leaf Village one day. She would have wanted some part of her remembered even though it was dangerous to leave a trace of her behind.”

My father told me that my aunt Riko, their cousin Megumi and my mother were very close. They used to almost everything together, but things changed quickly when my mother became an ANBU. Her missions and secrets made them distant. Riko began siding with the Uchiha more than the village and my mother sided more with her own visions and intuitions than anything else. She knew what was coming in the future of the Leaf Village but she couldn’t tell anyone.

I learned that my mother held a lot on her shoulders on her own, and her selflessness saved many lives. She only cared for the greater good, that she gave her own life knowing I was going to change the world. She believed in me before I was born and that was more than I could have asked from her as a mother. I understand now the emotions she had for me because I having them for my unborn child. I could already feel how strong they were. Although it was still quite some time before I gave birth I already knew the strength and will of fire they held in them.

Later that day before the night fell I went to go check on Naruto and Yamato once more. There were larger craters in the field, he must have been getting better at creating the jutsu.

Sakura joined me a few minutes after I arrived.

“Do you think he’ll be able to make it by tomorrow?” She asked.

“I think he will. He’s been working harder now more than ever. If anything helps I’ll go and get a good word for him with Lady Tsunade. I can tell by his chakra that he’s mastering the technique quickly.”

“I’m a little nervous knowing that we could possibly face the Akatsuki tomorrow. I don’t know how team ten went to them head on like they did.”

“If Kakashi died the way Asuma did I don’t think team seven would be able to hold back either. I know I wouldn’t, even in the condition I am in,” I said softly.

Sakura nodded and together we went back to the village. I made my way to the Hokage’s office. On the way there I felt myself beginning to feel faint and weak. I slowly stopped walking and leaned on a fence near me. My head ached as I tried to gain my strength back.

“Miss. Miss? Are you okay? Oh its Kiyoko Hatake. Excuse-“ I heard someone say before fainting into my weakness.

The next time I wake, I am in the hospital with IVs in my arm. My father and Ume were in the room with me. I was feeling a lot better.

“How are you feeling Kiyoko?” My father asked.

“Much better. What exactly happened to me?”

“You fainted. Its common for pregnant women to faint so don’t feel too worried. The baby is fine, you just need some rest. You’ve been stressing over too many things.” Ume handed me a glass of water. It was strange, I haven’t been feeling too weak and all of sudden I fainted.

“When can I get out? I feel fine and I’d rather be resting in my home.”

“Lady Tsunade wants to make sure everything is in check. So you’re going to have to stay here for another night.”

I sighed and laid back in bed.

I felt the baby move around in the womb, and I couldn’t help but smile. The baby was always there for me trying to cheer me up when I wasn’t feeling all too well.

The day passed and I got word that Yamato was going to take Sai, Sakura and Naruto for back up. It must be because Naruto was able to finally get his new jutsu. I just whooped that all was going well with team ten. I hope they all comeback without an injury. I realize it now that although it was a dangerous mission if they succeed then there would be two Akatsuki gone from this world. The extermination of the Akatsuki was important for everyone’s safety, so knowing that my heart was a little more lenient with having Kakashi out there without me.

Although I was feeling fine, Lady Tsunade wouldn’t let me out of bed. I wanted to be home when Kakashi got back from the mission.
Chapter end notes: Thanks for reading and I hope you guys liked it. Sorry again for not being able to update regularly. I hope you guys understand.