TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: So this is a super long chapter, but its been a while since I last updated and I am sorry. Senior year is anything but relaxed. Anyways thanks for all the love and please enjoy.
“Kakashi sensei!” Naruto said as he opened the door loudly. I saw Naruto, Sakura and Sai on the other side of the door. Kakashi sighed.

“Goodbye vacations.”

“I told you to not be so loud. He’s still resting!” Sakura gave him a knock on the head as they entered the room. They looked, tired, but they were managing to keep brave faces for both of us. I knew Naruto and Sakura were most affected.

“Kakashi sensei, on our last mission we-”

“I know. Yamato told me everything. About Sasuke too.”

“We are running out of time to get him home. At this rate we can lose him for good. But with my power, there is no way I can bring him back. I’m just too weak. He’s too strong for me now.”

I felt bad watching him become so self conscious of his ability and strength.

“Well then we just have to get you stronger than that,” Kakashi said. I could see the hesitation in their faces. Sasuke must have really grown beyond their expectations. I wish I could have seen it myself.

“How do you think we will do that. Sasuke’s growth isn’t natural. How can we get as strong as him?” Sakura said.

“Do you think I’ve just been lying here? I’ve been brainstorming and I have an idea. Well Kiyoko brought it up in one of our conversation. This training is more suited for Naruto, only suited for Naruto as a matter of fact. If this training goes successfully, you will surpass my power.”

“Surpass you Kakashi sensei?”

I had to close my eyes to keep them from seeing my eyes rolling. I can't believe Kakashi said that. Naruto surpassed him a long time ago but he just doesn’t want to admit it.

“I’ll be working with you one on one the whole time. It is going to be more intense than ever before.”

“What are we going to do?”

“He’s going to teach you a ninjutsu only fitted for you Naruto. A brand new jutsu,” I said with a small smile. I mentally patted my head. All night I stayed awake thinking of ways to get Naruto stronger and I realized that perhaps it was his lack of diversity of ninjutsus that were affecting him.

“It’ll be more powerful than the rasengan. But to do this, you’re going to have to put in an enormous amount of time and intense effort. It won’t be like learning a pre existing jutsu. We’ll be breaking it down.”

“I don’t have time to do that. Sasuke isn’t going to wait for us.”

“He wasn’t done Naruto,” I interrupted him before he got wound up in his worries.

“We’ve figured a way to do it faster-”

It was a technique I often did in the Shikkotsu Forest while I was training. Naruto and I were similar in a lot of ways thankfully our jutsu were similar too. With shadow clones he’ll-
My train of thought was cut short as the door opened again. I saw team ten standing at the door way.

“Asuma sensei you should really knock first!” Ino scolded her teacher. Her and Sakura sure had their hands full in keeping their team in check. It was actually fun to watch them. Without them I don’t know how their teams would keep it together.

“How you holding up Kakashi?” Asuma said. It was the first time I saw him without a cigarette in his mouth.

“Why did you bring the whole gang here of all places?” he asked. It was a bit odd for Asuma to make house calls like this.

“Hmm. How about you guys make your way to the barbeque place down the street. It’s my treat. Team Kakashi go ahead and join them. I need to talk about a few things with Kakashi and Kiyoko,” he said.

“But, Sensei we aren’t done talking about my special training.”

“We’ll get back to it later. Don’t be so hasty. I can’t do anything in the hospital now can I?”

Naruto slouched his shoulders over and pouted. He followed behind the others as they exited the room. He was always so eager. I’m excited to see where he takes this training. I know he’ll create something amazing.

We watched them leave and the mood in the mood became solemn. I had a feeling I knew what he was going to say. It wasn’t good.

“It’s the Akatsuki.”

I felt my stomach drop. I knew it.I took a seat on the chair, my legs felt shaky and weak.

“Word is that things are starting to heat up outside the village,” Asuma looked outside the window.

Kakashi clenched the blanket over him, but he released the tension before looking at me. He held my hand instead.

“As long as their objectives are the tailed beast we can be certain they will come here sooner or later for Naruto.”

As if my fears were coming to reality, I felt the vomit coming up my throat. I got up from the chair as quickly as I could and made my way to the bathroom. It was happening. My fears they were going to come true weren’t they. I have been feeling the change for some time already, I felt it at the pit of my stomach.

“Kiyoko?” I saw Kakashi from the corner of my eye at the entrance of the bathroom door.

“I’m fine, just don’t feel all that well.”

I heard the door open again and heard Shikamaru’s voice.

“You guys don’t need to leave me out of this. I’m just as concerned about the Akatsuki as you are,” he said. I washed my mouth as Kakashi helped me to my feet. I sat in the chair and tried my best to listen to Asuma’s words.

“Naruto, is he going to be okay? What if they plan to attack, even Gaara couldn’t-”

“You’re right. He wouldn’t be able to do it,” Kakashi said, “well not yet. I have a plan to get him stronger.”

“It’s not like we can make him hide from them, he won’t stay still,” Shikamaru said. We nodded. If Naruto got word of what was happening he won’t stay still. I wouldn’t be able too. I wonder how many jinchuuriki’s have fallen in the hands of Akatsuki? It was the despair that I was feeling that kept me up at night. Deep down I have felt the feelings of other tailed beasts cry out for help.Somehow we were all connected.

Asuma and Shikamaru left shortly after discussing a few things. Master Jiraiya was out there right now, trying to find out more things about the Akatsuki too.

“Seeing you like this... I don’t know what to do,” Kakashi said from besides me. He looked at me with sad eyes. I didn’t want to make him think it was his fault.

“I’m- I’m just worried. A lot. About everything,” I said in fragment. I was still having a hard time putting things together. Of course I was afraid, I don’t want anything to happen to the village.

“This world has been through a lot, it won’t disappear so easily. Its seen ninja wars, and drastic changes. This generation has strong ninja too. Rest a bit. Hmm,” He said as he came to squat in front of me. I nodded, there wasn’t any good in worrying until I felt sick. It won’t do any good to anyone.Especially to the baby I carry inside me.

“I know. I should relax. I have to trust others more.”

Early the next morning I found Naruto sleeping in the extra bed in Kakashi’s room. He was really wanting to start the new training. I just arrived to see Lady Tsunade and Sakura there too. It seemed like Kakashi was back to normal. I knew Naruto would be excited to start.

“Well everything seems to look back to normal. We’ll discharge you quickly.”

“Very well thank you. I was hoping to rest for a bit at my home, but it seems with Naruto here and eager to start training that will be impossible.”

Sakura went over to yell at Naruto to get up. He was still in a half asleep state but he eventually woke up.

“Good morning.” He said as he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes. It brought me a smile to my face when I saw how ready and eager he was when he saw Kakashi pulling a shirt over his head. Sakura and Lady Tsunade left shortly after Naruto woke up.

“Kakashi sensei are we going to start now?” He pulled on his clothes over his pajamas.

“Give me some time to eat and get home Naruto. I’ll meet you at the field in an hour. How about that?”

“Deal!” He smiled and laughed as he made his way out the door. I hope he will improve quickly, my kind of training wasn’t suited for the average ninja. I don’t even know if my technique will work on him, but we did have an enormous amount of chakra so perhaps it will be easy for him to follow my training regime.

“Finally I get to go home.”

“Ume is at our apartment making something for you to eat.”

“I’m so hungry.”

Kakashi and I walked to our apartment. It felt great to have him finally out of the hospital and walking like his normal self.

“What kind of nature do you think Naruto will have?”

“I can’t say. If you didn’t give me this idea of creating something stronger with the rasengan I would still be thinking about how to get him stronger. I’m glad I married such a smart person,” he said with a smile. Smart? I guess I have become more intelligent. Ume was waiting for us when we got home. My dad was doing a few things in the nursery. He was building everything from his wood style, he insisted on doing everything. He’s already made few shelves and painted them himself. It was coming along nicely.

“Sit down son. I just grilled the fish you wanted to eat.”

Gah, fish. I hated the smell. I left the kitchen to go see the nursery. I can’t stand the smell of fish especially now that my senses are a lot stronger.

“It looks like it's coming along nicely.”

My dad had his hair tied back as he worked on the drawer he created. He painted them a soft eggshell white. It looked great. In the closet were the blankets I finished knitting with Ume. I had a lot of spare time while I spent my days in the hospital with Kakashi.

“When your mother was expecting you, I wanted to create your nursery myself, but I was busy with missions I didn’t have to do it. I’m glad I have chance to do it now. We can do it together,” he crushed a few more streaks on the plain wood. I would like to help my dad, anything to keep my mind busy from certain thoughts.

“You’re starting to grow a small bump. I can tell just a bit,” my dad said with a smile. I have noticed the growth. It looked nothing more than a small bump, but to me it was significant. I can tell my baby is growing healthily in there.

“Kiyoko,” I heard Kakashi call my name from the other room. I found him changing in our bedroom.

“I’m about to go,” he said as he put a few pieces of chakra paper in his pouch.

“You should have Yamato join you as well. When Naruto uses too much chakra he can awaken the tailed beast’s chakra and it’ll start taking the cloak form. Have Yamato stay alert and ready to stop it if it happens. I know Naruto, he’ll push hard to get the results he wants,” I advised Kakashi. He nodded.

“We’ll probably be out there for days. Get some sleep alright, and if you need me I’ll be out there on the field. You need to rest, you look tired,” Kakashi said as he placed his thumbs under my eyes. I nodded. He was right, I was feeling tired frequently. I wasn’t worried about him going off to do something dangerous. He was still in the village, he was just camping with Naruto.

Kakashi grabbed a few things before heading towards the door. I was just about to grab an apron to help wash the dishes with Ume when a ANBU ninja appeared before me.

“I’m sorry to interrupt Mrs. Hatake, but Lady Tsunade summons you and your father to her office at once.”

He vanished as quickly as he appeared. I sighed and met my father in the living room to head out. It wasn’t urgent was it? Nothing bad has happened? I just wanted a few days to not worry about anything. My father and I walked quickly to her office. It’ll be fine, my dad whispered to me the whole time. We entered the room, thankfully this time it was just the three of us and Shizune.

“So glad you two came quickly. I wanted to share some news with you two. Shizune please tell them,” she said.

“Yes my lady. There has been a report from a village about an attack on the country’s border. We aren’t certain if it was the Akatsuki, but it is believed that the attack was from the Hidden Rain Village. We are planning to send a squad out there to investigate. At the current rate, we have little protection here with many jounin out on missions.”

They are getting closer aren’t them. I looked to my father, but he held a poker expression.

“ Kiyoko can’t leave the village. We have to consider a few things. She’s defenseless outside these walls, she can’t fight, if Danzo finds out that she’s leaf the safety of the village he can take that opportunity to ambush her. This isn’t the right time to do this, if she stays in the village well at least I am here to protect her.”

“Yes, I agree. The ANBU squad and yourself would keep her safe. I am planning on sending Kakashi to look for Jiraiya. They can provide vital information. I must think about Naruto’s position for now.” Lady Tsunade nodded. Sending out Kakashi? I sighed, it was only expected but I wish it wasn’t true.

Lady Tsunade dismissed us. It feels like Kakashi has just arrived and now he is going to leave again. It was ninja life and now that I am not an acting ninja I realize just how busy it is.

“Don’t worry about him. He’s just doing some investigation, nothing too dangerous.” My dad patted my shoulder. I shouldn’t worry too much, it’s not like he is going to confront anyone. Hopefully. When we got home I saw Kakashi grabbing his ninja tools from the bedroom. Ume was making him something to eat.

“Kakashi.”

“Kiyoko. I’ve been summoned to go on a mission.”

“I know. Be careful okay. Who knows what is going on over there. In the meantime I think I’ll help Naruto with his training. From a far don’t worry.” I said with a brave smile. Kakashi nodded and before long I saw him jump out the window.

“Are you hungry?” Ume asked as she peeped into the bedroom. I nodded and went on to the kitchen to join her. We ate in silence as my father worked in the nursery, we both had our minds preoccupied on Kakashi.

“You go ahead and go see Naruto, I’ll clean up.” Ume said with a smile. I nodded and grabbed a jacket before heading outside. I wonder if they accomplished very much in the little time Kakashi was there. As I made my way towards the field I saw Sakura buying a few things in the natural herbs and remedies store.

I smile, it looked like ingredients to make food pills. It must be for Naruto. I made my way through the forest and I could see hundreds of Naruto from afar. Yamato was sitting a seal and jutsu ready at hand in case of the nine tails’ chakra seeps out. It seemed like Naruto was trying to cut the leaves in halves. By the chakra I was sensing it looks like he has wind chakra. It was a rare chakra nature.

I went on to get closer to Yamato and sat down next to him.

“Looks like you came to keep me company.”

“You can always have an extra pair of eyes for this. How is it going?”

“Well so far. He still hasn’t completely understand his nature chakra but because of this training technique I doubt it will take much longer.”

Yamato was right, Naruto was going faster than I anticipated. I was shocked he could maintain so many clones and use them this effectively.

“Kakashi has been called out to a mission hasn’t he?” Yamato asked. I nodded.

“You’ve been off missions lately, which is surprising. Do you know why Lady Tsunade is keeping you from leaving the village?”

“With so many things going on outside the village it's too dangerous for me to leave the village at the moment There has been attacks on villages in the land of fire and no one knows if it's the Akatsuki doing this or not. Lady Tsunade is just keeping me safe.”

“I remember you going out on dangerous missions regardless of the dangers. It seems to me there is something else going on, but I won’t pry. In any case I’m glad you’re here to help Naruto while Kakashi is away,”he said with a small smile. Yamato was great at reading people. I didn’t want to tell him exactly the reason why I wasn’t able to go outside the village.

“Hey Naruto how about a break? You’ve been at it all morning,” Yamato said. It was him that needed a break.

“Are you kidding Captain Yamato. I can go all day,” he said. I sighed.

“Hey Naruto, it’s not you who needs a break. Not everyone has as much chakra as you.” I said loudly. He stopped and looked up at me. He nodded and released the jutsu. I saw the sudden fatigue take over his body, I knew there were going to be side effects to this training technique. Even if he was shortening the time spent on this it came with a price. The more shadow clones he uses the more fatigue he accumulates.

I got to him as quick as I could but he fell on the ground before I can cushion his fall. He would be resting for a bit. I got to him quickly. I saw the two halves of the leaf in his palm, I smiled. He’s done it quicker than I thought. Quicker than me. He really was amazing.

“He did it. He split the leaf with his wind chakra,” I said.

“He’s is incredible. The next step would be trying to fuse the change of chakra form and chakra nature together. Who knows how long that is going to take,” Yamato said.

“I think we should get him home. With so many things going on I don’t feel comfortable sleeping outside the village right now. He’ll be out for the rest of the day at least.”

Yamato nodded as he grabbed Naruto. He mumbled in his sleep, I chuckled. He still had enough energy to talk in his sleep. I watched as Yamato carried Naruto back to his house. If we stay out here longer than necessary who knows what would happen. Until we know who is attacking the villages on the border I don’t want to out him in danger. If it was the Akatsuki, being out here would make us sitting ducks. And I can’t fight back.

I walked back to the apartment that afternoon with a hunger of a thousand soldiers. I walked quickly to the apartment, finding it empty. It looks like Ume and my dad left not too long ago. It wasn’t very long since I eaten but I was hungry again.

The night was coming quickly and my father and Ume didn’t return. I looked out the kitchen window, the night was full of life once again. I decided waiting for them would probably take a while, so I pulled up my sandals and put a jacket over and went out to the busy streets. I loved the smell of the restaurants during dinner hours. I was hungry again just smelling the different odors in the air. I walked towards the face wall, I smiled, I can see perfectly the space for Naruto’s face to be up there as well. I was looking forward to the day where I can see his face up there. Hopefully it was after the great darkness that was supposed to come not too far in the future.

In that instant I heard an enormous boom, the side of the hokage building had a large hole in it. What happened over there? I saw a boy in a white rob escape the scene. Lady Tsunade and Azuma were standing at the site. I can sense a large amount of chakra coming from that boy. He wasn’t part of the Akatsuki was he?

As my fears began to rule my imagination, the sky let out a flash of lightning and engulfed the village in darkness. The flash of lightning has cut all power in the village. The streets became cold and dark as the sun just peeked over the mountain tops. It too was resting for the night.

The villagers began to move quickly, but thankfully there was no panic among us yet. The ground began to shook shortly after the darkness, from afar I began to see a barrier justus began to engulf us. They were going to keep us in the village. I tried to believe that it was just Lady Tsunade trying to protect the village, but the chakra I felt in the air was strong in revenge. It was not a chakra light and easy to ignore. My imagination began to run wild, and I refused to run from the spot as the other villagers did.

The ANBU ninja that protect me from the shadows finally appear in front of me.

“Mrs. Hatake, we must get you to a safe place, please excuse us,” one of the men in a mask said as he grabbed me and held me in his arms. I watched as he carried me through the roof tops. Lighting was filling the sky in light, and from afar I saw the dead rising from the ground. They were attacking the village, who ever it was, they made sure no one was able to leave.

I clenched my fists, I was afraid, more afraid now that I could not protect myself, or my baby. All I could think was the safety of all the villagers, of Rin and Eri. I prayed they were finding shelter. We managed to get to an underground bunker, I was set on the ground with other villagers. The ANBU stayed there with me.

“Please go, you have to fight the enemy. I’ll be fine here,” I said to one of them.

“That is not our mission. We are to protect you. It is Lady Tsunade’s orders. And if anything were to happen to you will Kakashi-senpai is away, we will never be able to show him our faces.”

I shook my head, the village is more important than just me. I understand I am a special case, but there are countless of other citizens that might need help. I closed my eyes and tried to sense the battle field that was taking place far from this bunker.

An ANBU disappeared in the ground shortly after they stood near me. The other villagers there with us looked, but worried about the shaking and battle above our heads. I should have been there with them, but I can’t. A few children began to cry and their scared mothers tried their bests to cheer them up. It was hard though, the sound of fighting could scare anyone.

I saw Eri and Rin run into the bunker. Rin was hiding her face in Eri’s neck. Eri’s hair was a mess as it looked like she ran here for her life. She had a few cuts here and there, and to my surprise she had her ninja uniform on her. It was the first time I’ve seen her wear it. She looked so relieved to see me.

“I’m so glad I found you so quickly. I need you to look after Rin while I am fighting out there. Please.” Eri said and pried her daughter out of her arms. Rin looked sad as she was handed to me, I tried my best to soothe her worries and petted her head.

“Eri,” I began to say. She shook her head.

“I am still a ninja, and I am a mother too, but the village is in chaos right now. I need to go out there are find anyone who might need some help. I’ll be back. I promise,” Eri gave me a small smile and pinched Rin’s cheeks before she ran out the bunker. Rin didn’t cry in the arms, it was as if she’s been through this a hundred times.

“Auntie,” I heard her small voice whisper. She only knew how to say a few words at a time. I brought her closer to me, I didn’t want her to hear the battle going on. I didn’t want her to know that her parents were out there in harm’s way.

The ANBU that left a few minutes ago has returned.

“Lady Tsunade has informed me that she would like to have you move to her office. She want to be able to see you herself to make sure you are not in harm’s way.” I got up, with Rin in my arms.

“Can one of you please stay here with the people. They need protection.”

The ANBU looked at one another, were they not going to keep the villager’s here safe. Who knew what the enemy was targeting but leaving the citizens unguarded wasn’t smart.

“I will not go anywhere unless one of you four stay here. I refuse to leave them in the state of vulnerability.”

“Mrs. Hatake it’s alright.” I heard a woman among the crowd.

“Of course it is not okay. You all have families, there is no way I will let all of you possibly be in harm’s way.” I said and stood my ground. I know three ANBU for me were enough, but at the least one could stay to supervise them. An ANBU sighed but stepped out of formation, giving into my plea.

The Anbu ninja surrounded me as we walked the streets, it was so lonely. I haven’t seen the village in this state ever. The lack of happiness and warmth made my heart ache. Rin held tightly to my clothes, even though she wasn’t crying, I can feel her shake in my arms. She reminds me a lot of Eri, how strong they both are. Especially her aunt she’s named after.

I can see a ninja wearing orange fly over the roofs. It was Naruto, he seemed busy. I knew that even if Kakashi wasn’t in the village, everything would turn out well if the ninja fought hard like Naruto. We arrived to Lady Tsunade’s office quickly and unharmed.

Lady Tsunade was standing near her desk, there were shattered glass everywhere. What happened here.

“I’m glad to see you unharmed Kiyoko.”

“What is happening Lady Tsunade?” I asked and kept away from the broken window. From afar I saw the fight unfold. The sky was still angry and bright. She sighed.

“There is a group of about four attacking the village. We don’t know who they are yet, but one thing for certain they are not the Akatsuki. They aren’t here for Naruto. I believe it has more to do with destroying the Leaf Village instead. They are planning to blow the village into flames with a lightning jutsu, but we already have ninja fighting them.”

I nodded. Of course they were already being apprehended, no one was going to blow up the village. We have plenty of strong ninja here to protect it. We were in good hands.

The fight prolonged as ninja requested back up in the front lines. The living dead were not easy to fight and I wished I was able to participate. I watched as the night went on and thankfully the village was not in millions of pieces.

Rin has fallen asleep as she waited for her mother’s return. She’s heavier now that she has fallen asleep. My arm was getting tired quickly. I couldn’t keep my eyes off the window, I could see a lot of the fight going on from here. I just couldn’t turn away from it. I was afraid that if I looked away I would miss something.

Lady Tsunade was sending orders left and right. I heard Danzo’s name come up multiple times. Apparently he had sent a ninja of his to the Rain Village to gather some intel. I knew that snake was trying to find out things about the Akatsuki too. Lady Tsunade told me Master Jiraiya has sent notes about his search, and he believes that the Akatsuki originate from the Rain Village. I wouldn’t be surprised if they did, no one really knew what was going in the Rain Village. I remembered the time when Kakashi and I went to that village, it was so hard to enter and we were on surveillance 24/7.

“Mama,” Rin said as she woke up in my arms. Things were getting rowdier outside. From afar I can feel a disturbance of chakra. Even though I was losing my ability to sense chakra, I can still sense powerful chakra. It was Naruto’s chakra and one a lot like his. I can tell they were battling. Explosions were set off all along the village, I held onto Rin as the village shook. I saw countless of houses fall. And i prayed that mine was not one of them. I prayed everyone was safe.

“She’ll come back soon. Don’t worry Rin.”

I patted her head and tried to rock her back to sleep but she wouldn’t go back to sleep. Instead she looked up at the ceiling.

“I think things should be settling soon. Naruto and Asuma are handling the opponents very well.”

I didn’t know how Lady Tsunade can know that, but I hope it was true. I wanted to believe that she was right. I didn’t know very well what the reason they attacked the village. From the outside I began to see less and less dead soldiers appear from the ground, the barrier was fading above us, and the lighting seized. Was the fight over?

I heard the shriek of a beast, so evil and powerful that Rin finally began to cry. I saw the chakra of the beast, with so much chakra and power in the sky.

“Is that!” Lady Tsunade said astonished. Was that a tailed beast. That chakra was so powerful. I tried to calm Rin, but I was too tense to do anything. There was no way Naruto would have let that beast take over him. I know he was stronger than that. The chakra beast roared loudly in the air before disappearing. It was as if I was finally able to breathe.

“I think it is over,” Lady Tsunade sighed and let herself fall onto the chair. There were no more attacks or fighting going on. I was sure that whoever attacked the village were extinguished by now.

“I need to send out orders and things will get pretty hectic here now. I want you to guard her, but I believe it is safe to go. You can go home.”

I nodded and looked at the ANBU around me as the escorted me outside. The villagers were beginning to come out of hiding. Rin was still whimpering in my arms. I was looking for Eri or Ume I wanted to make sure they were safe. My father must have been fighting as well, but I knew he would be okay. He was a strong shinobi.

I grew weary as I began making my way home. There was a lot of damage that the village took in a matter of hours. Holes were blown into the walls and some buildings were smashed to the ground. I wanted nothing more than my home to be okay. I could only imagine the heartache my father would go through if he saw all the hard work of building the nursery go to waste. My heart raced at the thought of my wedding kimono and the first kimono Kakashi gave me in shreds. I didn’t want to lose those memories.

I sighed in relief as I saw the apartment structure in one piece, my home has been spared. From afar I could see Ume standing outside, waiting for someone. She smiled widely as she saw me.

“I was so worried about you. You’re not hurt are you?”
“No. I’m fine. Do you know where my father is?”

“Yes, he made sure I went to a bunker before going to fight.”

I nodded. Of course he was, he’s a shinobi. I knew he was safe after all the fighting is over. Ume and I walked to the apartment, Rin wouldn’t let go of me until we were inside the house. There were a few things knocked over from the aftershock of the bombs, but other than that the apartment was in one piece.

I cleaned up the mess and let Rin roam around the apartment. Ume decided to stay the rest of the day, she took a nap on the couch, the battle was on for most of the night, and even I was beginning to feel the fatigue.
Chapter end notes: thank you for reading!!!! Love all my readers and let me know what you guys think!!