TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Ten Tails by lovinganimetoomuch27

[Reviews - 130]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I promised that I wasn't going to take very long for the next chapter so here it is!! CHAPTER 100!!!!!! CRAZY!!!!! I love everyone who was made it this far into my story. Really I LOVE all of you guys. All my readers are my motivation to keep this story going. THANK YOU GUYS!!!!
“I was able to take one down while, Sakura and Lady Chiyo fought the other akatsuki. They were able to defeat him and so was I, but I had to use my sharingan beyond me regular limits. I’m just tired, there is nothing else wrong with me.” Kakashi explained to me and Master Jiraiya. He was back from reconnaissance. He’s been trying to track and predict the Akatsuki’s movements, so far it wasn’t very successful but even he knew they were beginning to move. Lady Tsunade and Shizune came into the room along with Yamato. I heard he was going to be Kakashi’s replacement while Kakashi rests.

“Naruto, he let the nine tails’ chakra take a clock form. I was able to stop him thanks to seal that you gave me.”

“As time passes the seal is beginning to weaken, and Naruto has become a lot more aware of the beast inside of him. The chakra manages to get through the seal sometimes and become the nine tails’ cloak.” Master Jiraiya said.

“Nine tails cloak?” Yamato asked in surprise. I nodded, it seems like the cloak I can go into, but I can control it and Naruto can’t.

“How long has this been happening to him?” Yamato seemed a bit panicked.

“As recent as our last mission. When he is overcome by his emotions, the fox spirit’s chakra begins to surface. It engulfs his entire body and it reveals the nine tails cloak. I was able to stop him at the second tail. If I hadn’t stopped him, it would have been a lot more dangerous,” Kakashi said.

“I see. Its just as I feared.” Master Jiraiya said. It seemed like he has seen it before.

“The number of tails will probably grow as time extends. You must stop him as soon as you see the chakra begin to take over his body.”

“Master Jiraiya, how many tails have you seen?” I asked.

“In all my many years of living I have come close to death only twice, the first time when I was caught doing research at a hot spring by Lady Tsunade and the second time,” he said as he began to take off his cloths.I was shocked when I saw the huge scar running all along his chest.

“the second time was back when Naruto and I were training together and the fourth tail appeared.”

I can’t imagine the chaos it must have been. I have felt the pure hatred of the tailed beast, and I have let it control me many times. I believe the difference between us is that we have different chakra levels and perhaps Ryuu wasn’t quite as evil as the nine tails.

“Whatever happens on the mission you must keep Naruto from sprouting the tails. I have picked you for this mission because you are able to use the wood style and Naruto has my grandfather’s necklace which will facilitate the process if it comes to it.” Lady Tsunade looked at Yamato instensly. This missions was more than a regular mission. I could feel the pressure riding on Yamato’s shoulders. If only I could help.

Maybe when he comes back, maybe I can help him with the tailed beast inside of him.

“I understand. I’ll excuse myself now then,” he said as he disappeared. There was an intense silence left in the room. I can tell everyone had a lot on their minds. They were thinking about Naruto, and what we should do to help him.

“Maybe I can help him with that. I do know how to get through a beast. I mean I have learned beast mode and I live with my tailed beast in peace.”

“It won’t work for Naruto. The nine tails is pure hatred, the tailed beast chakra inside Naruto has killed and will take over his body at any moment. I can’t let you take that risk, especially in condition you are in now.”

I know Lady Tsunade was just doing her job but I have faith in Naruto. He’s the kindest child I have met, he was the reason I didn’t lose myself to the hatred. If I could master the beast mode I know for certain that he can as well.

“This won’t be an easy mission and trust me there are plenty of people who want Naruto off this mission. I trust Naruto’s strength and I expect this mission to go well Yamato,” Lady Tsunade said. We watched as Yamato disappeared through the floor. This mission was dangerous of course, and I knew the elders didn’t trust jinchuurikis but Naruto was strong and this mission will go well. I just had to believe that. I would have gone with them if I could.

Master Jiraiya looked at me with a kind smile.

“You remind me a lot of Kushina. Naruto’s mother, but you are a lot kinder. You both have a love for others that is unthinkable.”

I smiled, if only I was able to meet her. It was an honor to be compared to her. She must have loved to watch Naruto grow up. I’ll try to keep an eye on him for her.

“Well I’m going to get something to eat and go off to do a bit more of research. I’ll be back with more information,” Master Jiraiya said as he waved good bye before jumping through the window.

“Now that I look at it, you do look very much like Kushina. You both have long beautiful hair. You’re eyes shine just as bright, but I think you’re smile is more beautiful. I used to guard Kushina while she was pregnant. The fourth hokage wanted to make sure I didn’t go too much into the ninja life after my father died. It was fun watching her do things so normally. She was the only mother figure I had for a short time.”

I’ve noticed that all the kindest people I have heard about are no longer here on this earth. I would have loved to meet the fourth hokage and Kushina. I would have loved to see my mother.

That evening I was shooed away by Kakashi to get some rest at the apartment. He wanted to make sure I had a good night rest. But I had far from a night’s rest. With my father and Ume gone I was left alone to my mind. I was swallowed by my imagination and I drifted to a nightmare in my sleep.

I could only see the red color envelope the world. I was immobile, I couldn’t lift anything. I couldn’t move. I laid on the hard dirt ground and stared at the night sky above me. The night sky was tainted red with the blood of thousands of ninja. I could feel the desperation fill the air around me. I could taste the tears from thousands of people. I felt the heartbreak of mothers, wives, and children from around the world.

I was powerless to help, I watched from above me the undoing of the world as I knew it. I saw ninja fall right and left. I wasn’t able to see it but I heard the horrible roar of a monster. It shook the ground and moved mountains. I laid paralyzed and cried. I began to move my hands around me, and found wet warm puddles of blood. My blood? My heart dropped and I began to scream.

I woke up with tears in my eyes as I raced to the bathroom. I felt the vomit coming up my throat and I let it all out in the toilet. My heart was racing so rapidly that I had to sit on the ground from feeling so dizzy. I stayed there for a bit, letting all the vomit flush out of my system.

This dream... nightmare, I didn’t know what to think about it. I couldn’t have killed them, right. I shakingly got to my feet and went to grab a jacket. I couldn’t go back to sleep, I walked to the hospital. I wiped my sweat away as I walked the silent streets. It must be three in the morning right now, but I couldn’t feel safe or certain of myself like this. It was such a long time since I’ve had nightmares like this one. I was beginning to forget them. I hope my nightmares weren’t affecting the baby too.

“Kiyoko?” I heard someone say. It was team ten. They must be coming back from a mission.

“Are you okay? You look a little sick?” Ino asked me.

“Yes I’m fine. I was just going go see Kakashi.”

“At 3 am?” Choji said.

“He’s my husband. I have nothing more to do,” I said with a weak smile.

“Choji, Shikamaru, I’ll help Kiyoko to the room, you two can go home.”

“Ino its okay, really-”

Shikamaru and Choji left as Ino waved goodbye. Ino smiled at me as she came closer to my side. It was nice of her to walk me to the hospital but she didn’t need to. She must be tired from her mission.

“You should go get some rest Ino. I’m fine really I am,” I said.

“I know you’re not fine. Girls tend to say that a lot, I know. Plus I don’t mind walking with you for a bit. You look like you can use a little bit of company.”

I looked down at her. She was really warm hearted even though she did put a tough front. I smiled and threw my arm around her.

“I guess you can read people pretty well.” I said. We got to the hospital quickly and I was able to distract myself for a bit as I walked with Ino. I thanked her and waved goodbye to her as she left. I walked to Kakashi’s room on a better mood, just a little.

I quietly opened the door to see Kakashi sleeping. I walked to the chair in the corner, the sleep has flown from me. The sky outside was dark and full of bright stars. The nightmare I experienced tonight wasn’t just a nightmare, was it?

“We can both feel it, brat. We both know that whatever you dreamed about wasn’t just a dream.” Ryuu spoke from inside me. I nodded in agreement.

“If I had to guess I think you just saw, in some way, the future. The prophecy will happen, sooner than we know.”

I swallowed my fear but agreed with him. Ryuu was right, the world was going to need help and I’m not sure if I would be any use to it. Will I just stay paralyzed like my nightmare. That monster that I heard roar...

“Kiyoko.” Kakashi said from behind me. He was awake now and trying to sit up.

“Don’t get up. I was just looking at the stars for a bit,” I said quickly.

“You should sleep,” he said with a sleepy voice. He was barely awake, but I got closer to him and tucked him back in bed.

“I can’t sleep. I’ll just stay here with you. You’re more tired than me,” I said. He shook his head.

“You’ve had a nightmare haven’t you. What was it?” He said as he tried to sit up. I helped him get up and he turned on the lamp from besides him. I closed my eyes, with the lights on he would be able to see just how afraid I am. I couldn’t keep my secrets from him.

“You heard what Master Jiraiya said didn’t you. He’s right. He’s right. They are coming for all the jinchuurikis, and if they gather all of them, it’s over for all of us. I’ve seen it,” I said as I felt my tears fall. I didn’t noticed I was shaking until Kakashi brought me closer in bed. He didn’t say anything.

“If I can’t fight back, if this world comes to an end because of me...”

“You’re letting your fear manipulate your dreams. The world won’t come to an end, I know that for sure.”

“But you can’t know that for sure Kakashi. The sky turned red, and the moon it was bathed in blood. I laid in a battle field, but I couldn’t fight back. I just watched.”

Kakashi let me rant that night and he listened to my worried. Other times I would feel better after I let all my worries go, but not this time. This time I felt sick to my stomach and it wasn’t the baby who did this to me.

The days went by and Team Seven didn’t return. For those days I was living in the bathroom and hovering over the toilet. I couldn’t keep very much of my food down. Ume said it was normal for a pregnant girl to go through this. My dad made me porridges my mother used to make. He said, they weren’t nearly as good as her’s. He tried. He brewed teas that helped me feel better. Kakashi stayed in the hospital, moaning and complaining about wanting to eat solid food.

Kakashi and I were talking that evening when Yamato arrived to the room. He had a patch over his shoulder. He looked tired and worried. They must have confronted complications on the mission.

“How did the mission go Yamato?” Kakashi said. Yamato sighed and shook his head.

“We were assaulted by Kabuto and Orochimaru at the bridge. We were so taken back, but Naruto... He was so blinded by his anger with Orochimaru talking about Sasuke that he lost control and began sprouting tails.”

“What?”

“I was able to stop him there, but Sakura was struck with a tail and received some injuries. We ended up tailing Orochimaru, who was pushed beyond his limits from the power of Naruto’s tailed beast. We infiltrated their hideout, and we met Sasuke.”

My heart jumped as he said those words. They met Sasuke? What happened? How did Naruto and Sakura react?

“Sasuke has long ago surpassed Naruto. His chidori mastery has gone beyond my understanding. He is able to emit chidori from his body and infuse it in his weapons. He used it to numb me. Sasuke had every intention to kill of us. If Naruto were to stand in front of him again, he wouldn’t stand a chance. Sasuke is obsessed with revenge and he will give up his life to kill his brother. I haven’t seen so much resolve in a person’s eyes before.”

We stayed quiet as we tried to process what he said. Naruto must be feeling so helpless after seeing Sasuke like that.

“How did you get away?” I asked.

“Orochimaru intervened. I advise if Naruto is sent on more missions like these that he learn new jutsus and train.”

Kakashi nodded in agreement.

“Lady Tsunade is aware of this?”

Yamato nodded.

“I just wanted you to know before they come to see you.”

As Yamato described Sasuke’s, I could only imagine the hatred he must feel to be where he is. That growth rate wasn’t natural but neither was his hatred bond he has for Itachi. Sasuke and I have the same passion. To get to our goals, the only difference is that Sasuke wants to kill and I want to protect.

“Thank you for coming. You should get some rest, make sure you take care of your shoulder.”

Kakashi stayed silent as Yamato left the room. I knew he was thinking of so much right now.

How did Sasuke get so strong? How will Naruto get stronger?

“I knew that I couldn’t stop Sasuke when he left. Even if I did, his hatred for Itachi would drive him to become rogue over and over. Nothing but revenge can stop him. But to hear how much he’s grown is worrying. Naruto needs to train years to get to where Sasuke is, but time is running out for us.”

“Naruto is special, he can learn jutsus quickly. He can do it,” I said in encouragement. I believed Naruto could catch up to Sasuke in a short amount of time because just like Sasuke and I, Naruto carried that passion to save his friend with him.

That night Kakashi and I laid in bed, he’s fallen asleep, but I wasn’t able to fall asleep. Again I felt the stur in my gut. I could feel my chest tighten, it was as if I could feel the earth’s power shift as everyone else slept. From deep inside my mind I heard a roar of someone, and it was not Ryuu. It was far away but still connected to me. What was happening beyond the walls of the Leaf Village?
Chapter end notes: Thank you for reading. This chapter is a mini milestone for me, its the first time ever that I have written 100 chapters. Thank you guys so so so so so much. Until Next Chapter!!!