TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Don't Stumble by DropDeadThenDance

[Reviews - 21]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:
Hey guys! Sorry about the delay, my internet has been out but I'm back for a few minutes to drop off an update for you guys :3

Anyway, I got an email from an anonymous reader asking if I was dropping Bite Back the Curse. I would like to state, here and now, that I have not dropped it and am still working on it, but I'd like to get this story slightly caught to that one in hopes of kind of working out a normal updating schedule... At some point -_-

So, with that said, please don't write off Bite Back the Curse because it's still in the works!!

Thanks everybody!! Hope you enjoy this chapter!!

(4-21-2013)
Scene 8: Mr. Anderson
By: DropDeadThenDance


She was practically breathing down my neck as I scribbled down one of the last answers on the worksheet Mrs. Warren had prepared especially for this occasion. I could sense how angry she was as I finished the last problem, Mrs. Warren yanking the worksheet out from beneath my pencil before I could dot down a period. She looked it over, her knuckles getting whiter and whiter as she stared at the sheet. “I want you to come in tomorrow-”

“Oh hell no,” I countered quickly and climbed to my feet, the chair squealing in protest. “You were sitting there the whole fucking time, I’m not doing this shit again. I’ve got other homework than yours!” I countered quickly then snatched up my bag from the floor. She followed me to the door, her uneven stride somehow irritating me more than ever before.

“How dare you talk to me like that,” she said and surprised me when she grabbed my arm, pulling me back a step. “Listen here, young lady,” she scolded, a single finger pointed dangerously close to my face. I was about ready to snap on her, and she just didn’t see that. “You expect me to believe that after all these years you’ve suddenly turned over a new leaf?” she questioned harshly and I felt my fist clench…

Yeah, that was exactly what I expected, because I was actually working my ass off to catch up, but obviously nothing I do is good enough for anyone…

My arm shifted a little and drew back, and Mrs. Warren looked shocked; I was about to deck her in the face, but a heavy hand on my shoulder chilled me straight down to the core. Mrs. Warren looked surprised as she stared over my shoulder and I glanced back, seeing the familiar face of Mr. Anderson, his dark eyes focused on my English teacher. “Sometimes it takes a while for a kid to pull their head out of their ass, right, Hannah?”

My jaw must have come unhinged for a minute there, but I managed to keep myself from looking totally stupid, and shrugged his hand away. “Yeah, sure,” I said and then backed past him, away from Mrs. Warren, and then turned and started down the hall. “I’m gonna be late for class,” I lied again, my next period being lunch.

I didn’t look back as I practically jogged down the hall way, my mind set feeling vicious as images of a sledgehammer being dropped on Mrs. Warren’s head ran through my mind. Anyway, with the brisk pace I was maintaining, I reached the lunch room in record time, but found that my stomach was doing cartwheels; nothing looked appetizing, or even edible, at that moment, so instead I glanced around until I saw Megan’s lime green bandana.

One reason I liked having her as a friend was she seemed to have this sixth sense for my anger; she turned in her seat before I was even ten feet close to her, and climbed up, moving quickly towards me. “Was it that bad?” she asked as she looped her arm with mine, leading me to our usual table.

“Eh, Mr. Anderson stepped in,” sure, it’d been surprising, but the look that slipped across Megan’s face baffled me. I mean, I knew she didn’t particularly care for the guy, but she looked at me as if he’d tried to get in my pants or something… Okay, ew, scratch that from your memories right now…

“Hannah,” she said slowly then sat down close to me, leaning forward a bit so her words couldn’t be heard by a nosey passerby. “I think you should be careful around Mr. Anderson,” she said quietly and I groaned loudly, pulling away from her enough that I had a forearms length of space to myself.

“Agh, not you too!” it was causing me a stomach act, the idea I mean. “Karl thinks the same-”

“No no, not that!” she flailed her hands at me, shushing me, and I couldn’t help but think of a small cat whacking at a butterfly. She reached up, resting her hands on top of her head, her fingers laced together. “Do you remember two summers ago when that rumor about your parents got started?” she questioned and I nodded; how could I forget?

That was the year they told me I was adopted. I mean, I always knew; dad with honey blonde hair and mom was a red head? Yeah, I don’t think so, but we’d had a massive blow out after that, my parents and me I mean. I was so angry with them for not telling me, especially since it was so obvious, and school was hellish for at least five months after that; everybody wanting to pity me because I was adopted.

Fuck ‘em.

Megan leaned up again, her hands resting in her lap as she whispered. “He kinda looks like you.”

“No he doesn’t,” I countered it quickly, seeing mo resemblance between us. The only thing we had in common was the slight grey in our complexion, otherwise there wasn’t anything comparable; his face, build, and everything about him was completely different than me. Despite all this, Hannah’s eyes looked pleading. “Megan,” I said in all seriousness. “Why would it even matter?”

“Maybe he’s like, you know, your dad or something!” she was still whispering, but I was laughing.

“Megan he’s-” the pause wasn’t intentional, but the thought that occurred to me then wasn’t looming. He did look like someone I knew, I just couldn’t place it at that moment. Someone I knew really well, that I’d seen recently even. “Actually… He kinda does look familiar,” it was encouraging her behavior, but she picked up on my feelings quickly enough.

“Wait, what do you mean?” she asked, sitting back and letting me have my space.

“I’m not sure… He just… Looks familiar I guess,” I said then stood up, feeling my anger mostly dissipate. “Never mind, it’s probably nothing,” I said, thinking about finally going up and grabbing a snack, but when I turned to start heading up to the cafeteria line up I saw Mr. Ludeke by the door with Mrs. Warren. He saw me then and I felt my fingers twitch when he gestured me over.

Megan popped up a bit, looking over everyone’s head, then her eyes traveled up to my face. “What happened?” she squeaked, but I just shook my head and started towards Mrs. Warren and the school’s Principal.

Mr. Ludeke nodded to me and we walked out of the cafeteria and into the much less crowded hallway. “Hannah,” he said calmly as I slid my hands into my pockets, ignoring Mrs. Warren completely. He sighed quietly, his hand going up to his temple. “Mrs. Warren tells me you were going to strike her,” he said and I stared at him, my mind set faltering for a few seconds.

“I thought about it, yeah, but only after she yanked me back into her classroom,” I explained simply, my hands still in my pockets. Mr. Ludeke had always been known for being pretty passive, only ever expelling one kid after he broke the windows out of his car; in this case, I didn’t see myself getting into a lot of trouble because I didn’t swing, or rather couldn’t swing. “I didn’t touch her though, wouldn’t want to,” I said pointedly, earning a stern glare from said teacher.

“I see, well,” he inhaled slowly. “I’m going to ask you to head home for today,” his tone was even and I paused, glancing up at him. He had his arms folded over his chest, looking down at me like I’d actually struck Mrs. Warren down. “You’re on three day suspension, which in the meantime I’m going to suggest to your parents that they- Hannah!”

I was already moving, my feet carrying me down the hall; of course he’d side with her. Why would he even think about helping me?

My mind was blurring out, my anger fueling me forward, and I felt like I was walking with my eyes closed… No idea where I was heading.

Scene End