TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Don't Stumble by DropDeadThenDance

[Reviews - 21]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:
Just too put it out there, this Scene is probably about three months into the future. Hope that clears up some confusion that may or may not pop up :3

Anyway, please enjoy!

(4/13/13)
Scene 7: The Weather Outside Is Frightful...
By: DropDeadThenDance


“Oh, the weather outside is frightful!”

“Megan…”

“But the fire is SOOOO delightful-!”

“Megan.”

“But as long as you LOVE ME SOOO, let it snow, let it snow, let it-”

“MEGAN!!” I finally snapped and she giggled, skipping through the powdery clouds that she kicked up as we walked. There was five weeks left in the quarter, and I was looking forward to Christmas break, or maybe a snow day; anything to get me out of school. “Please, PLEASE, let me stumble the rest of the way in peace,” I said calmly and she laughed again.

The confrontation with my parents had been weeks ago now, and my dad was still pretty pissed at me for lying to them, but I’d shocked them senseless with my following report cards. I had torn into Mr. Anderson, and all of my teachers, demanding all of the assignments I had missed, and in just a week and ah half I was caught up on everything.

My mom looked like she was about to burst into tears, seeing the list of Cs and Bs. They had gone in and gotten my previous report cards, seeing all of my Fs, but now my grades were going up, and steadily. Dad wasn’t real impressed, visually, but I could see the slight glimmer in his eyes. It didn’t matter how mad he was at me then, he was proud of me now.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets, trying to seem like it didn’t mean anything to me. “I told you I don’t need a tutor… I told you,” I murmured and mom smiled at me. She knew it, dad knew it, but I wasn’t out of the woods yet…


I grumbled a little to myself. “My fucking balls are gonna freeze off,” I hissed through gritted teeth, a cloud of steam fluttering about, and Megan pretty much told me to fuck off as she skidded gracefully across the black ice, her shoes barely leaving a mark. Meanwhile, I was stumbling through the snow, still not confidant enough to try my hand at walking on the ice.

“Because you’re obviously a boy,” she said teasingly as she snatched me by the hand, dragging me out onto the sidewalk with surprising ease. I slipped almost instantly, but Megan had me steadied, laughing at me. “Come on, we never get to walk to school together, have a little fun!” she was laughing in between her words and I wondered if she’d ever grow up… Probably not.

I noticed a grey truck in my peripheral vision, Mr. Anderson behind the wheel. He glanced at me the same time I looked at him, and I glared at him, my heart rate pumping up. He’d pushed me to a limit, and now he was challenging me at every turn. My assignments in his class were harder and harder every day; he didn’t give me time to adjust, he shoved something new down my throat, and I tried my best to combat everything because I felt like if I didn’t, I’d lose…

Not entirely sure what I’m losing, exactly, but that’s not what matters, I reminded myself, Megan’s having left me behind so she could do a few dangerous looking pirouettes up ahead of me. She stopped suddenly, face to face with me, and I smiled a little. “You done?” I asked and she huffed. “Awesome. Can I walk in the snow now?”

“You’re such a baby,” she whined, letting me walk beside her in the safety of the snow drifts, her eyes trained on me. “So how’s the Anderson thing going?” she asked and I put a hand up, suggesting the subject be dropped. She grinned at me. “All As yet?” she meowed and I shot her a look, but she just kept grinning at me.

“Bs, mostly, and the one A in World History,” I murmured quietly, noticing a few kids walking up the other side of the street. I didn’t really feel like getting harassed about my sudden urge to over achieve, and I said as much to the teachers. Of course, Mrs. Warren accused me of cheating, writing answers on my arm, so on and so forth, and I told her I’d come to her during my study hall today, just to get her out of my fucking face.

“Well well well,” her voice came out like a little song, and she grabbed me again, swinging me around on the ice and I yelped when she let go, letting me fall into a massive heap of snow at the end of someone’s driveway. “Another week of this and you’ll be a straight A student,” she looked like she might tackle me, but I scrambled to my feet, shuddering as I tried to get snow out of the bottom of my coat. “Aw, I’m so proud of you!” she hugged me quickly then grabbed my hand, pulling me down the sidewalk as if the ice didn’t exist.

Once we got the school parking lot she let go again and I skidded, but managed to stay standing. It was barely seven o’clock, so I wasn’t worried about being late, no, I was more concerned with Megan letting me fall and crack my head open. “Megan, do you ice skate or something?” I asked sarcastically as she spun around in a nearly perfect circle.

“Rocking around the Christmas tree,” she sang in reply and I slammed my hands over my ears.

“Enough with the Christmas music!” I roared and she cackled in the most innocent way anyone could ever manage, sliding away from me as I grabbed at her, seriously considering smashing her head into the pavement a few times… Maybe she’d forget that damn music.

I chased her to the front door, amazingly staying on my feet the entire way there. I stumbled up the stairs, turned, and dropped on my ass, breathing heavily. “Fuck, where do you get the energy?” I asked as she reached down, offering me a hand up. She yanked me up easily and I stretched, walking up to the door with her walking at my side like my side kick or something.

“I go to bed at a reasonable hour,” she countered and I flipped her off. We walked through the front door and I unzipped my coat quickly, letting my bag plop to the floor while I peeled off a few layers. Megan stood by, her coat thinner than mine, but still relatively warm. “And I don’t get up at three to put on my armor,” she had her arms over her chest, watching me as I picked up my coat and folded it over my shoulder.

“Fuck you, it’s freezing outside,” was all I said as we parted ways to get to our lockers. I took a deep breath as Mrs. Warren walked by me, her eyes darting to me for a moment, before she went along her way, ignoring me again. And fuck you too, I thought, glancing over my shoulder her.

From there, the day crept by slowly; Foods was uneventful, English was spent trying to ignore the dirty looks Mrs. Warren was giving me, and my ass was sitting in history with Megan and Karl on either side of me. “God… I want today to be over,” Karl groaned quietly, his head tilted back far enough for his Adam’s apple to be peeping up. “Like, right now,” he shot up then, leaning on his desk.

He hated this class the most because he had to behave here, his dad being the teacher.

I shrugged as I worked with a pair of scissors; I was cutting out a few colorful shapes for some stupid, third-grader project we’d been assigned. “Well, at least you got us here,” I said sarcastically and Karl slammed his head down hard on the table, grumbling quietly in what he’d claimed a summer ago to be Portuguese. “Oh, and you don’t have to go and have Mrs. Warren stare over your should for an entire hour,” I added, earning his attention again.

“Why do you have too?” he asked curiously, Megan glancing up from her sharpie scribbles.

I passed her two large squares of colored paper, shifting around my scrapes in search of more useable materials. “Because, since I’m motivated to work on my school work for once, she thinks I must be cheating, so she wanted me to come in today so she could watch me do a worksheet.”

“Sounds fun,” Megan chimed, her face down as her hand trailed slowly down one edge of the paper.

“Oodles,” was the only word that came to mind, my arm brushing across the table while I glanced over to my friend. “Hurry up, we’re almost out of time,” I reminded her and her head popped up, probably to look at the clock, and then she was back and packing up all of our materials. I continued moving my arm across the table, pushing our garbage into one pile while Karl stole a waste basket from someone.

Clean up only took about a minute and half, giving us plenty of time to pack up all our crap, but I found myself moving abnormally slow; probably from the idea of spending an hour with no one other than Mrs. Warren. Heh, I bet even Mr. Anderson would cringe at that thought, my thoughts joked and I smiled a little, stuffing one more book in my bag as the bell rang. I hang the strap over my shoulder and made my way towards the door, waving goodbye to Megan and Karl, both going down separate hallways.

Mrs. Warren was at the other end of the hall, obviously not patient enough to let me peacefully walk from one class to another. “Something you need?” I asked casually, but I didn’t try to stop the slight hiss that came under my tone.

“We have an appointment, remember?” her voice was curt and her gestures brass, but they still implied that I was meant to follow her, and I crossed my finger over my chest a few times, wondering if praying would be enough to protect me from Mrs. Warren.

Scene End