TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Don't Stumble by DropDeadThenDance

[Reviews - 21]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:
I hate to say it, but this site seems to have lost a lot of what it use to have... You know, the avid readers, the great reviewers; all that's left are a few, loyal people, and the handfuls of writers who are kicking by...

I don't know, maybe it's just me because I don't update regularly? eh, either way, I'm thinking about leaving TONFA and looking for someplace new to get along with my fanfics... We'll see what happens I guess :P

Anyway, here's the update for this week! Enjoy guys, and let me know what you think!!

(5/3/13)
Scene 10: Coincidence? Maybe
By: DropDeadThenDance


It was satisfying to slam my clenched fist into a 100 pound bag and not feel a thing, but the bag swaying back and forth in defeat as I delivered one swift strike after another. Left left, right, left again, and I breathed out before grabbing the bag and slamming my knee into twice, hard, than jumped back. Megan sat on the hood of my dad’s jeep, staring at one of the early volumes of the Naruto Manga.

“I guess I can see it,” she murmured as she flipped through a few pages. “I don’t know Hannah, isn’t that kinda… Impossible?” her voice was just barely above a squeak, probably hoping not to upset me.

I slammed down hard on my heel and spun, slamming the back of my foot into the bag and watched it sail back and forth. My feet planted hard on the floor then and I slammed two hard left hooks into it, feeling my aggression melting away as I whaled on the bag. “Yeah, a little impossible,” I said then stepped back a few steps, letting myself breath and flex my fingers, in and out so the tape wouldn’t constrict them too much. “But you gotta admit, they look identical.”

“Hannah,” Megan groaned loudly as she fell back dramatically against the hood of the windshield. “That Noah kid, okay, yeah, it’s weird that he’s so girly and whatever, but he doesn’t look that much like Haku. And Mr. Anderson’s teeth aren’t all… Spikey,” she said, her fingers flicking in and out when she was talking about Mr. Anderson teeth.

“Megan, that’s not the point,” I felt like I a mental patient trying to explain the ghost that jumped out at me the night before. I was frustrated about this, and maybe it was stupid, but it was just so odd; and it wasn’t like I was saying they were them, I just thought it was strange how much Noah and Mr. Anderson looked like characters from a manga. “They’re just odd. You don’t see it at all?”

She sat up and dropped down to the cement floor, staring at me. “Maybe you’re just thinking too hard,” she suggested and I threw my arms up in the air again, an infuriated groan escaping me. She pranced over, her tiny frame practically floating. Once she was close she poked me in the forehead, a reach for her considering our height difference. “Or maybe you’re still mad at Mr. Anderson for getting you in trouble with your folks?”

I swatted her hand away as gently as I could in my irritated state. “Yeah, maybe, but you know-”

“It happens, Hannah, that’s why things have the any persons living or dead disclaimer! I mean, if I died my hair pink and cut it short I’d look just like Sakura,” she said and I frowned at her, subconsciously noting the odd freckles on the one side of her face. It was always strange to me that she only had freckles on the one side…

“No, no you wouldn’t,” my tone was a cross between annoyed and sarcastic, but she smiled at me none the less.

“You know what I meant,” she said flatly, her hip cocked as she placed her hands on her waist. “Anyway, I gotta get heading home, choirs to do, sidewalks to shovel,” she said with a little wave of her hand, pretending to be enthused about the idea of yard work. “Don’t be too rough on the bag, if you can help it,” she teased and I waved her off as she skipped towards the garage door, swinging her coat around her shoulders as she disappeared out into the snow.

After she was gone I plopped myself down on a lawn chair I’d set up for my breaks and I stared at the bag for a while, not really looking at it as my brain tumbled over the information my mind had scrounged up. Noah not only looked like Haku, but he even had the rabbit thing on his car. It was just too perfect; I paused then, considering if he’d been driving a Volkswagen Rabbit instead. Then it really would have been perfect…

But anyway, Mr. Anderson reminded me a lot of Zabuza; his demeanor, the way he addressed people, and how he handled us. He wasn’t like any teacher I’d ever had before, or Karl who’d been in and out of three different schools. He said Mr. Anderson was a major hard ass, a good teacher, but a hard ass.

I stood slowly, flexing my fingers a bit as I approached the bag and debated on how I would approach this situation. With a sharp jolt through my shoulder, I slammed my right hand into the canvas, fist clenched, and debated on weather Megan was right, or maybe I was just not sleeping enough, hell, maybe even Mrs. Warren was finally getting to me.

It was frustrating when it really shouldn’t have been, and it should have been easy to handle the situation; something so impossible should have been dismissed from my mind immediately, but the way Noah acted and how he looked, how Mr. Anderson had shown himself to us. None of it fit and it was driving me bat shit crazy when I tried to put myself to bed at night.

“Damnit!” I snapped suddenly, slamming my shin into the bag hard enough that it came flying back at me with some wicked speed, attempting to knock me on my ass, but I threw my arms up and blocked, stopping it completely.

“You got a lot of aggression, Han,” mom’s voice broke my haze and I glanced over my shoulder at her, my breathing uneven. I’d been out here for a good four hours, my knuckles bloodied and my wrist completely numb; callused or not, my knuckles still broke from the force I was putting behind my punches, and I could see it was worrying mom.

“Yeah, school,” I said slowly, trying to level out my breathing so I didn’t sound out of breath, my fingers working their way over the white tap around my hands. “I think Mrs. Warren is out to get me,” I tried to joke, and she smiled, but something was bothering her.

“Mr. Ludeke called, asked me to put you in some classes,” she said calmly and I nodded as I bundled up the tap. “Hannah, you know you can always talk to me.”

“I know, and I do,” it was meant to sound reassuring, but it sounded more like an excuse for my attitude.

“And I appreciate it,” she said as she wrapped an arm around my shoulder. She kissed the top of my head and smiled at me, then let go and started for the door. I felt a bit numb, feeling like my efforts to please my parents were going down the drain, but Mom turned around in the door way and gave me a sidelong smirk. “And don’t worry, Mrs. Warren was psychotic when I was in high school too.”

I laughed as she closed the door, a weight lifted from my shoulders.

Scene End