TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Tears of Demons by ThatAnimeChick

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I do not own any characters that appear in this story apart from Komari Mitsuki - My OC
Nine

For a moment before I woke I thought I saw my attacker and tensed, but it was only the gentle face of Konan and I relaxed my tense muscles. Even though I had no pain in my shoulder and I was safe, I still felt stiff. I sat up and looked at my shoulder. It was bandaged up tight but I could still move it and it was soaked with blood. Konan had a wide bandage in her left hand and was already removing the bloodied one. I winced a bit when she ripped it off, but after that it was fine. Konan replaced the fresh one in a few minutes like she had done it millions of times before. I saw my pouches and clothes stacked neatly in a corner on top of a small bedside table.

“Are you OK, hun?” Konan said gently.
“Yeah, I think so. My shoulder is a bit sore still though.” I replied.
She laughed softly. “It would be. You were hurt pretty badly.” I smiled slightly.
“I know I was. But I was in safe hands, wasn't I? I mean, I can't remember what happened before I blacked out, but I know I was in pain.” I thought about that. “How long have I been out for?”
Konan looked at me, and then said: “About four days. But I'll fill you in on what has been happening while you've been out of it. You were stabbed and everyone was looking for you. Sasori found you and called out that he had found you. Pein the came running in the room and brought you here. He didn't leave until you were stable. But he was back the next day. Deidara was constantly in and out as well. Last time he was here was actually a few hours ago.” She said. She was in thought for a minute. Then she mused: “I guess he really does care.”
I nodded. “Anyone else?”
Konan nodded. “Kisame came by yesterday, but you were still unconscious. Hidan just usually stands in the doorway and looks in with a sad or worried look on his face, then asks how you are doing. That was last night before he went to bed, but he has come by more times than that. The others have been to see you at least once, questioning your health. I keep telling them that you are fine. That's about it. Oh, and that Kaida girl came by too.”
“Oh, really?” I asked, interested. “What did she want?”
“She just said that she would talk to you in person when you were awake, but she gave me this little scroll to give to you, then she was gone again, like she was never here. Very mysterious she is, that Kaida girl.”
“I know she is, that's why she makes such a good ninja. Do you still have the scroll on you?” I asked.
“No, I put it in my room for safe keeping. I didn't know when you would be awake.” Konan explained.
“I see. I'll read it later. By the way, could you please tell everyone to stop calling me 'Leader-sama' and 'Komari-sama', its getting way to formal. We are all friends here, not a bloody business.”
“Of course I will. I'll go now, and I'll be back as soon as I can, okay?” She was worrying over me again.
“No need to rush. I'm fine now, I just need to heal a bit before I will be able to get around without any worries.” I closed my eyes again and soon fell asleep.

w

It was dark when I eventually woke up, this time in my own bed. I was thankful for that, but I didn't know who had carried me back into my room. I must question the others when I finally crawl out of bed, I thought to myself. Flicking the top sheet off my body, I swung my legs around and sat on the edge of my bed. Sighing deeply, I stood on shaky legs and staggered over to my dresser. As I walked over, I stripped my shirt off and was left in my bra and underwear. While rummaging through my drawers looking for something to wear with my blue cotton shorts, and standing in the middle of my room half naked, I found the scroll that I had been avoiding for a while now. It was tucked under my favorite shirts and was a little crumpled on the edges. I shoved it back in my drawer, remembering what was on it and closed the drawer quickly. Pulling on a brown singlet, I made my bed, ran a brush through my hair and threw it up in a makeshift ponytail. Making sure my room was half-decent, I opened my door and practically skipped down the stairs. Slipping into the kitchen, I made myself toast with butter (I was too lazy to get anything out of the cupboard) and ate while wiping down the benches. Kisame was most likely off in his own little world again and forgot to do it, I didn't mind though.
Casually walking into the lounge-room, I cleared my throat loudly and everyone looked over at me. At first they just gawked at me, surprised that I was able to walk around without Konan hunting me down with a mallet. Then, one by one, they all started smiling and getting up to talk to me. Kisame was the first and gave me a warm hug, asking if I was feeling any pain. When I said that I wasn't, he chuckled and smiled at me. Deidara was eagerly waiting behind Kisame. Kisame moved out of the way and sat back down on the couch next to Sasori. Deidara hugged me tightly and I hugged him back, then he whispered in my ear that he was sorry for everything. I nodded and he was grinning madly when we pulled away. Deidara flicked my ear and walked back to the couch, flopping onto it with all the grace of a shot duck falling from the sky. I noticed that Pein wasn't in the lounge-room with the other guys, when I questioned then about it, they just shrugged.

I made my way up the stairs again and started towards my room when I heard a door open. Turning towards the sound, I saw Pein standing there, leaning against a wall. I was shocked and didn't know exactly what to say.

“I see you made a full recovery,” He said in his usual deep voice. “That's very good.”
“Yeah,” I said. “You should probably thank Konan for that. Are... You okay after what happened?” I asked quietly.
“I am. Thanks to you, Komari.” He was right in front of me, smiling. My heart skipped at beat. He was half an arm's length in front of me.
“I-it was nothing.” He looked at me, confused at my comment. But I think it was the way I said it.
“Why did you suddenly start stammering, that's not like you at all.” He put his warm hand on my shoulder.
“No reason,” I said quickly. Pein raised an eye brow at me, obviously doubtful.

He grabbed my wrist and dragged me towards his room. “You are going to tell me, even if I have to force it out of you.” By this time, my cheeks were a soft pink. I didn't want to tell him, but I guess in the end, I had no choice. I had only been in his room once, and that was when I had to talk to him when I first came here. I was slightly nervous, but not as nervous as I was when I first started living here. We stood in front of his door. My palms were sweaty. Opening it, he ushered me into the dark room and gently closed the door behind him and I sat on the edge of his bed. He lent against the door with his arms folded and had a smirk on his face. He wasn't looking at me.

“What?” I asked, confused at why he was amused.
His smirk faded. “You might as well tell me what has you so wound up,” Pein's words were blunt. Cold even.
“What if I don't want to tell you?” I questioned.
He chuckled slightly. “Then you're just going to keep it bottled up, and eventually, that bottle will break and you'll do something you regret.”
I shrugged. “I've lost count of the amount of things I regret doing.”
Pein looked up at me. “Then why not try and correct them? It's not too late to. I regretted not letting you join by your own free will, but you kept bashing up anyone I sent to ask you. And by the state they were in, you made your point clear that you declined my invitation.”
I raised an eyebrow. “So you kidnapped me? That was mature.” I sighed lightly, “I still don't know why you want to know what's on my mind at the moment.”
“Neither do I, but I thought it might help you let off some stress. Talking about what is on your mind can help.”
“But I never talk to anyone about that.”
“You do with Deidara and Konan.”
“But that's different.”
“Not really.”
I pouted and folded my arms. “Okay, you won that argument. I submit to defeat and in return, I guess I could tell you.”
Pein looked triumphant. The look was only in his eyes though. “Good. Now start talking.”
“Yes, boss.” I sneered. “It's just I...” I drifted off.
“You what?” Pein waited patiently.
“I... I don't want to tell you in case you get upset...” I looked at my hands.
“You've killed me, Komari.” Those four words cut me like a knife. “I don't think you can hurt me anymore than that,” He finally said.
I said nothing, not trusting my voice.
He waited a few minutes before saying anything else. Then, “Komari.” His voice wasn't firm this time, it was gentle and I turned my head to look at him.
“Yes?”
“Are you... afraid of me?” I was shocked. I wasn't afraid of him at all. He was a bit scary and self-centered at times, but if you can break that wall of defense, he isn't that scary at all. In fact, I think of him as a grizzly bear. Scary at times, but caring and thoughtful.
“God no. Why would you ever think that?”
“I thought that because you never talk to me that much anymore.”
“Pein, I-”
“Shut up, and let me finish what I was saying.” He snapped.
I didn't say a single word.
“Anyway, as I was saying. After what happened to your shoulder, I kept thinking that you would hate me. I thought that you would think that I did that to you. I swear on my life that I would never to a thing like that to you. Ever. I mean that. It's obvious that you have feelings for Deidara, and I've gotten a spark of something between you and Hidan. You know that I think that you are one hell of a girl, Komari. Yet you do this to me. Why?”
My eyes are sad, but I'm reluctant to show him the war raging in my head. “Look, I don't think that you, or anyone else in the Akatsuki, stabbed me. Okay? I know that you would never do that either. And I know you mean it. I do have feelings for both Hidan and Deidara. But that doesn't mean I don't have feeling for you either. As far as I know, Deidara thinks the same thing you do about me. Though I'm not sure about Hidan. I'm just really, really confused right now.” The whole time I said that, my eye contact with his never flinched. He is quiet for a moment, before speaking again.
“I understand. I know Deidara thinks the world of you. He's told me on multiple occasions.” Pein nods, and stands up. “You should go and rest. Konan would have got the butcher's knife out by now. Scary woman...” He shivers at the thought, helps me up and watches me walk out his room.
I'm worried about him. But then again, I'm worried about a lot of stuff at the moment.