TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Tears of Demons by ThatAnimeChick

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I do not own any characters that appear in this story apart from Komari Mitsuki - My OC
Eight

I was kneeling beside Pein when I didn't see him breathing. I tried feeling for a pulse but there was none. At a last resort, I put my ear to his chest, hoping to hear some sort of pulse. That didn't happen. A part of me knew that it was the end of Pein, but another part of me knew that it wasn't the end just yet.

Some sort of strange mist flowed around my hands. Charkra was usually blue with darker blue ripples through it, but mine was different. It was the same as the black mist that was surrounding me when my goddess self was being released. That same black fog that lifted me up, calmed me down. I soon came to realize that it wasn't mist, it was my charkra.

I slowly started to 'heal' Pein, but as soon as my hands touched his chest, he started gasping for breath, then stopped. I slowly moved my hands to the wound, and it was healing a lot faster than it usually did. I was stunned, but happy all the same. I then placed my hands on Pein's heart. Hoping this strange, new charkra would revive him. I closed my eyes and concentrated. For a moment I was listening to all of Pein's thoughts before I killed him. It was an immense amount of information and I struggled to take it all in. I felt my eyes water from the pain it was causing to my hands, but I pushed on, hoping he would breathe again soon. My arms were shaking, and my vision started to blur.

The rest of the Akatsuki were crowding around me. Konan would usually be yelling at either me or the others to back off but she wasn't. My eyes snapped open and I gasped, not from the fact that Pein was breathing again but the sheer agony and the energy drain of the revival. I lay on my back, worn out. I closed my eyes, they were so sore. Someone was couching beside me. I made good use of my heightened sense of smell to try and guess who it was. They smelt like wood, I guessed that was Sasori because he was always working with wood. But there was another smell as well. I picked it up straight away. Deidara.

Opening my eyes gingerly, I saw the puppet master and bomber kneeling beside me. They looked a bit blurry because my eyes were watering from the pain.

“Are you OK?” Sasori asked, sounding a bit worried.
“I think so, I'm just a bit sore,” I muttered.
“Well, if you'll let me,” Sasori started, “I'll help you to your room”
“Yeah, if I'm a bit shaky you can,” I agreed.
“Thank you, Leader-sama,” He said.
I froze. Leader-sama?!?

Then I remembered what Pein had told me. “If you fight against me, and win, you will be the new leader of Akatsuki.”

I dipped my head as a welcome and started to get my feet. I felt myself starting to collapse but Sasori had grabbed me. I thanked him and he helped me to my room, Deidara close behind us. He exited quietly and gently closed the door. Deidara stayed for a few seconds to make sure I was really alright, then left quietly. I stretched out on my bed and grabbed my MP3. Switching it on, I closed my eyes and listened my music. I didn't want to sleep. I wanted to stretch my legs. They were really cramped after kneeling for over an hour. I was about to get up when there was a knock at my door.

“Come in,” I called, not knowing who would want to see me at the moment. But I knew who it was from the all too familiar stench of dried blood. It was Hidan.
“Just seein' if you need anything!” He said, suspiciously chirpy.
“No. My legs are just cramped, that's all,” I murmured.
“Well go for a walk, bloody hell girl,” He said, cursing a few times after that.
“Do you forget whom you’re talking to, Hidan?”
“Oh, sorry Leader-sama!” He said, bowing for forgiveness. I could get used to him sucking up.
“Better, but you could get me a drink.” I grinned.
“What would you like?” He said, cursing under his breath. I heard it but just ignored it.
I thought for a moment. “An iced chocolate would be nice,” I decided.

He nodded and rushed out the room. Muttering something about better not be changing my mind when he got back. I snickered at this and continued listening to my music.

The door knocked again, but this time I got up off my bed to see who it was. Pein, with Itachi close behind. Pein and I exchanged grins, and Itachi looked relieved to see I was walking around again. I asked them what they wanted. Pein wanted to thank me and tell me a few things, and Itachi was bringing my drink to me. I invited them both in and we talked for awhile. Until something Pein said sparked my interest.

“I had a top secret mission to Konohagakure,” Pein whispered to Itachi, “But I never got a chance to send anyone on it.”
“What's this about a secret mission, Pein?” I questioned.
“Oh nothing,” He said very quickly. “It's not really important.”
“Then why did you say it was 'top secret', hmm?” I was picking that up from Deidara, the “hmm” thing I mean, who says it all the time.
“Uh, I have to do something,” Pein stuttered, quickly exiting the room.

One of the new members, Kaida Aburame, a highly-ranked ANBU officer and a widely respected ninja. I trusted this girl with my life. She landed on the window ledge and handed me a small blue scroll. I took it and read it quickly as I knew it would be important. My eyes skimmed down the page. The message was from Sunagakure, and it was quiet worrying. One of my best friends, Kankuro, was poisoned by someone wearing a black cloak. I instantly knew who it was, Sasori. He had wanted to get back at Kankuro for slapping me across the face. He had always hated him and would to anything in his power to kill him or something along those lines. By this time, Kaida was standing in my room, her black cloak hood slipped off her head. She was a pretty young girl, my age. Blonde hair with black streaks through it and emerald green eyes, but no-one really sees her eyes as she wears dark glasses constantly. I knew that she was being trained by Shikaku Nara, Shikamaru's father. I never really met her while I was at Konohagakure though because she was undergoing difficult training with Shikaku. For what I had heard, she was close friends with Sasuke Uchiha, Hinata Hyuuga and Naruto Uzamaki.

I turned and looked at Itachi. He was very nervous looking, and seemed to avoid eye contact with me. Getting up off the bed, I walked over to where he was sitting on my desk chair. I had requested one when I had no where to draw or do my other stuff. He had swiveled the chair so it was facing away from me. I placed my hand on the back of the chair and spun it back around so he was facing me again. Just by looking into the blood red sharingan that Itachi possessed, not really caring if he caught me in a gen-jutsu or not, I could tell that he was pretty mad at either me or one of the other members.

“Seeing that Pein was too scared to tell me about this mission,” I said, “Why don't you tell me instead?”
Itachi grunted, “Must I?”

I nodded and he told me all about it, explaining that the reason Pein didn't want to tell me was actually because he was slightly worried I would stuff it up. Itachi also handed me a scroll explaining the mission. I nodded thanks and put it in the top, right draw of my dresser. I stood, ran my fingers through my long, dark hair and asked Itachi to leave. When he did leave, I turned to my wardrobe. Pulling out the wide bottom draw I took a long wooden box and placed it on my bed. The box was one of a kind and was made of dark polished wood. It also had beautifully hand painted cherry blossoms, stars and a moon. The Akatsuki said that they all had the exact same dream on the same night as each other and had woken up with the box on my bed. That's when they had decided to kidnap me and bring me to the Akatsuki.

I gently took the lid off the box and threw it aside. I took the garment out of the box and put it on. It was a battle kimono and had folded cloth sleeves with dark purple, white and black trimmings. On the waist it had a black and purple band, and was quite wide. The band had enough room to slip the sheath of my katana into. It was very light weight, and I enjoyed that because I could move faster. I happily wandered downstairs and slipped into the training room. When I got there, I saw Deidara and Kakuzu trying to kill each other. I stepped in quickly to prevent me staying up all night healing.

“What did you say about Komari-chan you prick!?” Deidara yelled.
“You heard me. I said that she is a danger to this group and I don't like her. I should have let her fall and die when Hidan threw her off the stairs. Even if she is our leader now, I won't let her cause harm to anyone else. If necessary, I will kill her.” Kakuzu said formally.
“Oh,” I said, “Is that so? Well, if that's the case, try and kill me now then.” The look on Kakuzu's face was priceless. Shinai, my large black wolf with crystal blue eyes, wandered around behind my back and growled low. Itachi and Pein came in to see what was going on.

“Leader-sama. We have to go now.” Pein said. I knew what he was talking about because just last night I wanted to go back to Konoha, and Pein and Itachi wanted to go with me. Deidara and Hidan weren’t happy about it but they said they would go anyway.

I bolted upstairs and flung open the door to my room. I frantically searched for my small bag and shoved a few essentials in. I then quickly checked my first aid kit and then my weapon case, everything was there. Then a thought ran through my head. Where was my prized katana? I practically ran to the training arena and flung open the case for my katana. Not there, I panicked. A sharp jolt of pressure dug into my shoulder. Fear seeped into my heart, and I collapsed onto the ground, fear blocking my thoughts. I heard someone run into the arena, running over to me. They knelt in front of me and the look of worry plastered onto their face. I could hear them calling my name, and my head cleared a bit. Sasori was kneeling in front of me looking very concerned. He saw blood on my shoulder and cursed loudly and Pein came running into the room. Pein picked me up and ran into the medical room – it looked like a frickin' hospital room – and placed me on the bed. My shoulder numbed and I closed my eyes and blacked out.