Memory Identity by becarei
Summary: In the ninja world, there is so called chosen Child of Prosperity, who's candidate was dead Fourth Hokage. Now, there are two more left... and only one place.
some_text
The story is told by Rei Uraki, adolescent kunoichi with a tragic loss of memory and identity. She got into the original plot by running away, and learned to never do it again. Will she find her true identity!?
Categories: OC-centric, Het Romance > Top Six Pairs > Naruto and Hinata Characters: All
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Mystery, Romance, Supernatural, Tragedy
Warnings: Dark, Death, OOC
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 6974 Read: 4538 Published: 28/08/12 Updated: 29/09/12
Story Notes:
This is pure authentic fan fiction.

1. Chapter 1 - Gods in the rain by becarei

2. Chapter 2 - Her saviour by becarei

3. Chapter 3 - Edge of Glory by becarei

4. Chapter 4 - High and low ranked missions (Part 1) by becarei

5. Chapter 5 - High and low ranked missions (Part 2) by becarei

Chapter 1 - Gods in the rain by becarei
"All sleepy head and ramen in front of her nose"

Sniff. Sniff. Kahmm. Something smells nice. Why am I getting all the block for some time? Last thing I remember is...

Oh yeah, I have to get my head up. I think someone is staring at me. Why do I feel so small all of sudden? And something really smells nice.


"Hey! You! Little one!"


Huh? Little one?? Who are you calling a littl- !!??
Ah. There's a old man in front of me. And the smell became heavier. He and some a lot younger girl looked angrily at me. How long have I've been sleeping here? Damn, try to remember something...


"Are you going to sit here forever or order???"


Gulp. Order? But, where am I? I think it would be stupid if I would ask that. I don't even know where am I!! I turned around and caught a look on cloth behind me.
'Ichiraku's '.
Aaah, yeah I see. I feel asleep at the ramen shop!
I turned back to old man and a girl. I couldn't speak.



"Well?" now the girl talked, her voice was sure sore.

"No sir! I'm so sorry mister! Won't happen' again sir!"


Wah! Who's voice was that? That sure wasn't mine. Such a childish voice...
In a moment of time I jumped off the stool and started to sprint. Shit, shit, shit. How can I embarrass myself like that? I won't never ever going to buy ramen ever again!! Slip.

I was so into ramen shop that I didn't even notice that rain started. And fell. And look at me now! I was in the middle of some old and sorrow street that I didn't go in very often. Never mind. I have to get somewhere before I catch a cold.

I tried to stand up. Ouch. A lot of blood was dripping from my right knee. And it hurt. It hurt a lot. I looked as the blood drips and rain got mixed and made a lightly reddish puddle in front of me.
Now I could get a good look of me right now. Some thin weakly looking girl, with perfectly matching blood-colored hair and dirty face was staring right into me.

I started to cry. When did this started to happen? Why did these situations became normal to me? I look like a tramp. I am a tramp.


"Ha ha, who am I kidding?" said me in the puddle, "It all got over sometime in the past."


Yeah, I don't remember that 'sometime in the past'. I am having an amnesia from my first living try from my age of five.
I never met my parents (they are probably dead), I don't have any friends and I don't know anybody.
Yet I'm still living here like if it's all normal. Damn. For three years I've been sulking around this village not even knowing it's streets and people.
And I don't even know how did I get to this door gate right now in front of me. Hah.
We gotta risk sometimes, right..? One, two, two and half, thre-


"What are YOU doing outside of our gates?" said some really tall guy. His eyes were weird. 'White'. "Do you need some thing?"


I couldn't tell if I would talk or run away cuz I looked stupid.
I was holding my hand a few inches ready to knock in front of already opened door. Secondly, I was staring at unbelievably weird guy (tall, white eyes, dark hair, kind smile[?], weird clothing). I though I am not wanted here, so I...


"I'm... I'm unbelievably sorry..." I said, and I started to blush. Unbelievably.

"I... I just needed someplace to get from rain and ah me..." I murmured. What in the WORLD is wrong with ME?


I was looking at this weird face of his making another weird face.


"Then why didn't you say so? You actually look like someone who needs somewhere to be..." he smiled. What a warm smile.


I didn't even blink when he was taking me into the house.
Trough the rainy garden, on the little pathway made of river rocks, from the sad trees, the guy was pulling me for my hand until we came to, I guess, main house, because there were more doorways and house gates than one. And this one was the biggest.

I found myself in the traditional sitting pose, totally frozen. Me, in this huge mansion, all dirty and confused, was sitting in the traditional sitting pose.


"Please wait here!" the guy said, and bowed!!


I blushed and stayed still. Although, I was checking the room I was in. The room was wooden, like all other rooms and halls I was in. Very spacious.
However, I think this one is the biggest. There wasn't very much furniture and it seemed like it's meant to hold very much people, because there were many sitting bolsters, and on the wall in front of me, there was a swirled sign.

The family clan's sign, I suppose.
I heard some fast and light footsteps. I flinched on sound and took off my look from the wall.
On the doorway there was a little girl who looked alike the guy from before. She was so small!! In the moment or two I found out I was staring a bit, so I moved my look to the other side.
They all look weird. A bit.


"H- h- he- hello!" she said somehow.

"Eh... hi..!" I said. I saw her blushing.


She must be very little. She was small, and looked weak. However, it's not good to value people on their looks.
I was about to say something when she said (somehow):


"Ah... Eh... Umm... I... Um... I- I brought some b- bandage for your leg. If- if you're okay for me to-..."


Ah! I totally forgot about my leg! I must have drenched the whole floor by now!! I looked down.
I realised the pain after running into mansion. I felt very thankful for that.
What a nice little kid!


"Thank you!" I said and smiled for real the first time that day.


I was about to take bandage but she was quicker.


"L- let me bandage it! Y- You're the guest!!" she said very loud, but was not blushing anymore.


She wanted to bandage it? I'm the guest? I was okay if I did it anyway, but...


"Ah, okay, I guess it's okay. Are you okay with it?"

"Yes!!" she said that and started to bandage it very quickly and professional.


She even took some liniment which smelt nice. I remembered the ramen shop. And nice ramen smell. I didn't notice I was hungry. Along with other things.


"There!" she said. Gosh, she's really good at bandaging.

"Thank you!" I said. I really was thankful.

"No problem, my pleasure to help you!" she bowed quickly.

"Ahaha, no need to bow." I said. I felt awkward when somebody bowed to me. "Anyway, how old are you?"

"Oh, me? Five." Oh, no wnder she's so small.

"Your taking your job seriously, huh?"

"Oh, yeah, I guess." she said and smiled kindly. So cute.


I would ask her for her name if my spoiled stomach didn't take his voice instead of me. She laughed.


"You must be hungry. We were just about to eat. I'll call father so we can get lunch, are you okay with that?"


I was just about to say I'm hungry as hell when I saw the other guy who was yelling.


"HINATA-SAMA! WHERE WERE YOU!? I THOUGH YOU VANISHED! YOU HAVE TO SAY WHERE YOU'RE GOING!! ALRIGHT!? HIASHI-DONO WILL GO CRAZY IF HE FOUNDS OUT ABOUT THIS, SO KEEP QUIET, OKAY!?"


Hinata, so that's her name? So cute, I wish if I had such a cute name... Wait. Did that guy just say -sama? Isn't that like a high sufix? Hmm, "Hiashi-dono is will go crazy...", hmmm...

. . .

Oh my gosh..! The daughter of the main-class man just bandaged my leg!!
A leg of the tramp!
Even if she's kind, we're both in trouble! I recognized the sign on the wall in one second. It was Hyuuga's main house! Oh-no. That man is going to kill me.

I was just about escaping when when I heard hard but fast foot steps. Too late.
I gotta stay calm. Or he's going to kill me. In the best scenery he's just going to kick me out of the house. Don't panic, don't panic...

Hiashi, just like his daughter and the other guy, was having the same characteristics as them:
dark hair, white blank eyes, serious face, weird traditional clothing (in this case grey yukata), and fastness. Gulp.


"Is this the one you said you let in?" he asked as fast as he went it. Is he going to kill me as fast?

"Yes, Hiashi-dono!" said the guy, he was next to Hinata all the time, probably the bodyguard...

"Very well." What does that mean??


Ah. So fast. He's already in front of me. Here. Looking at me. Don't panic. Don't let people kill you with a look!!


"Your name, would you say?" I have no choice, I guess.

"It's Rei Uchimaki, Hyuuga-sama!" I said, a bit too loud.


He made some face, i don't know, a bit underestimating.
It made me angry so I made an unbelievably underestimating face too.

We were like, staring at each others eyes for a few minutes, with out blinking, when he moved a step backwards. And sighed.


"All right, we will take care of you." Uh? Huh? Huuh?


He won't kill me?
He won't even kick me out of his house?
What the hell is happening..?


"Phew, that was scary! Did you see that Hinata-sama?"

"Ko-san, Rei-san is staying over!!" I heard Hinata's loud happiness.

"Yes, yes..."

"For real?" I said, no asked.

"Well, if you turn down Hiashi-dono, you can say goodbye to your head." Ko smiled. I gulped.

"Then, I have no choice." I sighed and smiled in the same time.

"I'll show you your room..!" said Hinata.


We went upstairs, and on the way to the door she was telling me a about the main house history, and branch house, and some Neji...
She also told me where can I find rooms I might need.
I was having a real, happy smile on my face all the time. She showed me my room.


"Thank you!" I turned and saw her little smiling face.

"Hey, Hinata-chan?" she flinched on '-chan'.

"I can call you that, right?" she nodded.

"I just wanna say that you're one very kind a cute girl, so, let's stay friends, okay?"


I don't really know if I said the right thing because Hinata went so red that she fainted.
End Notes:
What will Rei find out about Hyuuga's family? Will she meet someone important in Hinata's life?
Chapter 2 - Her saviour by becarei
"Spacious rooms and cool greetings"

Last a couple weeks I've been living under the roof of Hyuuga clan.
I got a cold invitation to live with them by the main leader after 3 years living as a tramp.
So far, I was invited because Hiashi-dono (I have to call him as my leader now because we live under the same roof[s]) recognized ninja talent which can be give only by your birth (that means that my parents were ninjas too) so he asked me to train with his daughter, Hinata Hyuuga, and his nephew Neji Hyuuga.

Neji is from the lower house than Hinata is, so called branch house. Hinata is from the main house, which means she takes more responsibility than Neji, so he has to call her '-sama', although he's older a year.

Now what ever about their family clan, living with Hyuuga's isn't from sweet spoiled kids. I got to know a lot from Hinata:
about the house, clan history, branch and main house, Hiashi-dono, Ko-san and her.

I found out why is Hinata shy and nervous all the time.
From the very begin of my training with her I improved a lot, I've been learning taijutsu techniques, so called 'Pāmusuramu no Jutsu' (Palm Slam no Jutsu) which requires a low amount of chakra and a very high chakra control.
Hiashi-dono said this will help me improve chakra control and my already defined taijutsu.
Why yet Hinata's learning 'Jentoru Ken no Jutsu' (Gentle Fist no Jutsu), which is not as hard technique but it also requires a lot of hard work to improve it, and, most important, create your own fighting style with Jentoru Ken.

It's just that, well, Hinata has a very very low self confidence and that affects on her training, cuz Neji always wins in a fight by (I noticed) murmuring some awful things when they're in close contact (in a fight!!), and Hiashi-dono noticed it too.
Fairly said, he's disappointed with both Hinata's bad characteristics.

She usually wouldn't do anything about Hiashi's mocking, but today she did.
She ran off.


"Hiashi-dono, we have to do something!!!"

"Call Ko."

"Again!?"

"Hiashi-dono," I stood up "please let me chase after Hinata-san."

"Why?"

"Because I think I know where she might be."

"Very well. Do as you wish. Bring her home safe and sound."

"Yes, sir."
The reason I did this is because I didn't want her to be scolded by Ko. And she might be in very danger.

When she was talking about her likes and dislikes, she mentioned that there's a forest she likes to go to.


"There are a lot of flowers and butterflies and it's very lively, so, when I'm lonely, I really like to come there and relax a little. And if you go there in a right time in the day, there are some interesting things to see..."


She had to stop here because it was training time. We never finished the conversation, but I know which forest it was.

One and only forest which was close to their mansion, but couldn't be seen because of houses.

. . .

I would run a little bit more, if I haven't see some ice-cream on the ground.
It was still fresh. There were some footsteps on the fresh ground too...
Did Hinata ran off with naked feet? Probably did. Sigh. Bad things happen whe you run off.

I followed the footsteps, when there was no more, I tried to follow the bushes to see if there are some cloth clues or something. Then I heard voices.


"Oi, why are you crying?" man voices.

"You get our ice creams on floor and then you don't apologize?"

"What an idiot!"

"C'mon, apologize!"

"Won't you?"



I came a little bit closer to see what's happening.

One of the boys (one really fat) was holding Hinata's head on the ground and laughed angrily.
Two other boys were murmuring something. And laughing.
I heard Hinata crying.
I wanted to help.
But no.
There were too much enemies. Boys. At MY age.
How much of coward am I?


"Come on, we don't have a whole day."

"I- I- I- sorry..."

"That was quiet! Louder!"

"I- I- I'M SORRY!!" she was yelling.

"Hmm, an apologise isn't enough, I suppose?"

"Yeah, gimme to see that KID."


The fat boy pulled her head up. I could see her face all in dirt and tears. Poor girl. C'mon, Rei, do something.


"Is that a Hyuuga kid?"

"Yeah, the eyes..."

"You must be as cocky as your cousin, right?"

"N-No..."

"I didn' hear you~"

"NO! I'm not cocky AT ALL!!"


Thump.
They hit her.
I could see she was gettin' angry, why doesn't she escape? What are you doing, Hinata?

I couldn't watch anymore.
I was just about to stand up and go help when someone got me behind my back.
I was feeling a cold kunai under my neck, so I grinned.


"So, where did you get that toy?"

"It's not a toy." a childish voice came out. It was a kid.

"Then why did you got me?"

"To stop you."

"Why??"


I was almost laughing. A kid behind my back with kunai, ah lol...


"To see if you're suitable to get three guys down."

"Aaaand?"

"You're not." now he was grinning. "If you can't sense a kid with a plastic kunai behind you, you can't go save her."


I flinched.He was right. I'm not in state to save her.

Even if he sounds stupid and is a kid, he was right. I looked up to see the kid, and I meet two blue eyes and a big grin.


"I'll go save her." he said. And disappeared.


Hinata-chan, is this that interesting thing that you can see only in right time? I was smiling. So this is why she was coming here? I see now...


"Oi, let her go."

"Eh..?" the boys got frozen, and then started to laugh.

"Is that you again?"

"Is that Uzumaki kid?? Ahahhahaha!!"

"Wahahhahah!!!"

"What are you doing here? Playing ninja?"

"Hahahahahaha..."

"I SAID LET HER GO!!"

"What are you goin' to do to us if we don't?"


The boys were good at this, I though, but, the kid sure had something, cuz he was still grinning.

He started to make hand signs and the boys got frozen again. And then... Oh. My. God.

I was sure he was making signs for Bunshin no Jutsu, but there was one funny imitation.
The boys started to laugh.
And he used that smartly.

What ever he did he gave Hinata enough of time to escape, but the kid was finished.

When they kicked him out to death, I felt a little sad and stupid. I didn't help both of them. I'm such a tramp.

I got out from the bushes and came closer to the boy. He was pretty okay, I suppose. Barely a scar.Or two.
I slapped him a little, until he started to open his eyes.


"Hey. You okay?"

"Did she escape?" aw, how, sweet of him thinking if she's okay when he's laying here...

"Yup, are YOU okay?" I tried again.


He grinned and stood up like anything didn't happen.
He was acting 'kicking out'. What an smart idiot.


"I'm alright, dattebayo!"

"Dattebayo..?" I couldn't believe what I heard.

"Yeah, what so weird about it anyway?"

"I don't know, but it sounds cool..." Maybe..?

"Do you need a walk home?"

"Maybe, if you're buying us dinner."

"Oh, yeah?" I grinned. "I will if you say what you wanna eat..."

"Ramen! At Ichiraku's!"


Oh boy.


"Can I know your name?"

"NARUTO UZUMAKI, DATTEBAYO!"

Oh boy. This is going to be a loong night.

But maybe... Maybe I found your saviour,
Hinata-chan.
End Notes:
Is this a beginning of a new friendship? Or something more?
Chapter 3 - Edge of Glory by becarei
"Spiky head from the third apartment"

It almost got a full time circle of 7 years since I got kicked out of Hyuuga house.

It wasn't their fault, the rules said that any person with non-Hyuuga blood must not live in the main house for over 6 months. They followed the rules. And they made two lives horrible.

Mine and Hinata-chin's.

I don't know how much would she cry when she heard that they have to follow the basic rule, if, sadly in my opinion, she didn't get a direct order from Hiashi-sama to stop crying for once and for all.

No, there were even more reasons behind that bullshit.

Hinata didn't progress at all since she started to train with me, and not her odd cousin Neji (which I was always finding annoying), and I also finished my basic Hyuuga training.
Actually, I think she wouldn't progress at all no matter if I was there or not, so they though, and they sent us to Ninja Academy.

Me, because I could learn more things that Hyuuga couldn't or mustn't teach me, so that this ninja academy seemed like perfect idea to get rid of me.
Hinata, because she was a shame to family and couldn't keep with Hyuuga training, so they though normal training and learning with other kids would do good to her and them.

Anyways, we went our own roads, again. I was sad, but I actually though that was the best for all of us too.
So I did my best at training and learning from academy. I was learning jutsu that other kids would find a bother to learn in their age. I was also bullied a lot because of mine 'oh-so-late' education start, and, mostly important, my beautiful spiky hair.


...


Which I hated very much. Very veeeeeery much. Right now. Here and there. In front of friggin' cheap mirror. Waiting for my hair to take a break from always going 'up'. Ugh.
Why does my hair have to go 'up' every time I have a damn important meeting?

The meeting I'm telling you about is a meeting with Kakashi-sensei. An old man who loves to read perverted books. Hah.

About three years ago, I graduated from academy and was sent to team up with two freakin' irritant and idiotic morons who didn't know to do anything but giggle. And giggle. And sigh. Okay, no more details.
I wanted to team up with them to get the bells from Kakashi (somehow I mean), and they didn't want to.
And ran like idiots on signal to start.
And feel right into trap afterwards.
I didn't have choice but to do what I though would be the smartest.
I burnt Kakashi's mask.
And for exchange for not telling anybody about this, he gave me a bell.

And I passed. Only me.

So That means I didn't have partners to team up.
So they were teaming me up with other teams, until Kakashi founds a proper team for me to team up with, cuz my original sensei was Kakashi since I won over him.



And finally, the day has come. And my hair got her day too. Again this week. D a m n.

...

I didn't really have much time, but I decided to risk this, since Kakashi's going to be 100% late.
Like always.

I really don't know how those three idiots got bells... I was reading the list tucked into my little bingo book. Huh.
Uzumaki Naruto. I think I have heard of it before.

...

My 2 hours of hair-caring moments did not gave any success, so i gave up
And went to meet up. I jumped out of my 6-feet high bedroom window and got down in an instant while other kids whatched me.



"So, that's the ninja?"

"Cool thing dude..."

"Isn't that the Crazy Habanero..?"



Habanero, eh? Since when I got the nickname?
Not knowing, I was on the meeting place in no time. And I got a little shock.



1. Kakashi-sensei was not late.
2. I saw two idiots in an instant: one with blonde and one with rose colored hair.
3. Somebody was looking like he want's to kill me as if I killed his family.
4. My hair got up.
5. I was l a t e.

Gulp.



"As I was saying, the new teammate should appear in no time, right?" I could notice a grin behind the dark mask.
Ya fool, Kakashi.


"This is our new teammate?" asked a girl, like it wasn't obvious.

"Hmph" said the 'killing-intent' guy.



And the blondie, looked serious, even if he actually looked like a moron. I know I've seen him somewhere... A park? No. Building...? Any..? No, no. I found some connection when....



"Hum, why wouldn't you introduce yourself first?" Kakashi patted me on shoulder. Great, old man.
I forgot now.

"Yeah... Sure..." I said, telling him with my eyes I'm going to kill him later,
"So... Yeah... Guys, it's very nice meeting you, but I think I already know who each of you is, so there's no need to introduce yourself...."
I said when I saw Sakura's hand up. She put it down.

"Yup, so yeah, um, I'm your new teammate, I'm a bit older than you guys but that doesn't matter much. Oh yeah, my name is Rei, by the way. Rei Uchi..."



I didn't have time to finish my surname when a dark spot slowly jumped to attack me, I mean slowly for me, he must be very fast. But too slow for me.

In a moment or two I was having my right leg on his head, his left hand was wrapped by me behind his back, and I sat at the rest of his legs.
He couldn't do ANYTHING. Poor guy.



"Uhimaki... It's Uchimaki you revenge fool." I whispered in his left ear.



Screaming from Sakura's mouth and Naruto's happy "Yahoo" could be heard a few miles away.
Fools.

"What was I saying? Yeah. I like chocolate and rice, normal people who don't jump on other people without a proper reason, and I really like what they sell in minor street."


I said and smiled to Naruto and Sakura


"But I hate idiots and selfishly crude people who like to estimate people on their looks..." they froze "...like him!"


I took my look down to give Sasuke knowing that I was talking about him.
He did a "hmph" and I let him go.
Kakasi wasn't suprised.
Naruto was impressed.
And Sakura angry.
I'll have some problems with those few...

In a moment I though about Hinata and her bad sides, and in that first moment I remembered who Naruto is. So I gave him a goodbye smile.

"Bye bye saviour."
End Notes:
Will Rei get along with new team?
Chapter 4 - High and low ranked missions (Part 1) by becarei
"Receiving a message in dirty ground"

I'm so pissed. Pissed as hell. Those assholes actually can do such things to me...

Who the hell am I kidding? In this state, even if they call, I'm not in position of kicking their asses. Bah. Look at me:
full of bruises, scars, dirt is everywhere and I just got a few blisters plus this stupid cat is so annoying that...

"Buzz... Buzz..." Finally!!

I was having to search for damn thing in my pocket so I also had to take down the crazy cat. I finally found the miniature walkie-talkie.
Why, out of all of them, did I had to have a walkie-talkie for KIDS???


"Oi. Did you catch it?" I heard the old man talking.

"Yup. Amaye-chan, white cat, silver chain..." You could gimme a microphone ya know, holding a walkie-talkie and cat in the same time is tiring...

"Okay. We just caught the other one too..." I could hear Naruto's yelling in the background.

"Aha, aha, yeah. Listen Kakashi, why don't you send someone to help me out?"

"The hell, why would I do that? Can't you tae dow a cat??"

"This is freakin' crazy cat, ya' know!!!"

"Don't fool around, you are powerful as those three idiots when they attack at once!"

"You're the one who set me a walkie-talkie, you are just making things worse!!"

"Don't complain!"

"Bu- buh, Kakashi, they-"

"We'll be meeting you at Hokage's mansion, and hurry up a bit."

"Buzzz"


Sigh. He will never understand, since his missions in begin were to KILL the cat, not to catch it.

. . .

"I DON'T WANNA DO IT LIKE THIS ANYMORE!!!"

"Idiot, shut your MOUTH!!!"

"Both of you shut up!!"

I had enough of this shit.
Naruto, who really wants to be a pinch in an eye, want's better missions than this.
Kakashi, who can't stand Naruto, is using me as an example of beginner, and showing Naruto that way he's not ready for C rank missions.


"C'mon, can't you give us something better!?"

"Naruto!!!" There goes Sakura.

"We really need some better things to do, lord." Ohoooh, Mr.Killing is in action. So Sasuke wants this mission too?

"Hey you three!!!"

"Just give 'em a chance." I said.


Whole lot of writers who were writing bills for a new costumer, my team, and even Hokage were stunned.

"But, Rei, didn't you say you don't want to start off with that... again??"

"Just give 'em, what they want, to see how hard it can be..."

"Hey are you nut-"

"Very well, I'll give them something a bit harder, then." said the Hokage.


And so, after Naruto's yipping and Kakashi's short yelling at me, we got orders to prepare for tomorrow. We will be exporting some drunken engineer to his home:
The land of Waves

. . .

As soon as they let us out of village, I could see how much hyperactive Naruto can be.

"This is great, I never left the village before!!!

Eh!?

"Is this kid really gonna take me home safely..?"

"Don't worry, I'm with them" said Kakashi, a bit nervous of losing costumers patience.


The sir was sure drunk a lot, he was drinking a whole lot of sake.
Sakura did nothing but staring at Sasuke.
Sasuke did nothing but staring in front of himself.
Naruto was everything but not normal on our road way.
Kakashi was the worst:
acting like an idiot by staring on the ground.


"It sure is hot..." said the drunkee

"Yeah..." I admitted, it really was hot. I wanted to drink something.

"We should wait for rain, I mean there won't be any rain-" said Kakashi, stopping with lame joke.


He was staring at the little pound of water behind us. Weirdo.


"Okay, okay let's go on..." said the sir.


Splash. Another one. Another... From behind...


"WATCH OUT!"


I pushed the man against Sakura and Sasuke, while Naruto and Kakashi (the last ones) were already trapped.
No.

Slash.


"NOOOOOOOO!!!!"

"GYAAAAH"

"KAKASASHII!!!"


I turned around. He was going to slash the one next to him.
Naruto.
Damn that guy is fast.


"You're the next one" said the man behind the blondie.

"And then, the girlie" said looking at Sakura. She shocked.


I couldn't bare looking at that. I couldn't. I couldn't stand. I was already running toward the bastard that was behind the shocked Naruto.


THEY fell right into trap. Our trap.


While I was running I dragged the other chain man at me, while Sasuke was hanging on with the one from behind.
I was knocking them as much as I could, so they don't pay attention at Sasuke.
I heard a slash.
On my hand.

I wasn't paying attention so I got cut. Damn. It's a poison.

This made a good chance for Sasuke to chain them together, while the two man together were running at me.
I closed my eyes.

Cling clang.

I opened one, and saw Kakashi there safe and sound while clinging the two men with their own chain!!!
I didn't know if I would hit him or hug him first.

. . .

Kakashi was mad. Not on us, but costumer.


"You should have told us that somebody was after you, you know..."

"I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay... Now you two... Great job there!" Kakashi smiled at Sasuke and me. I wanted to punch him. He could have appear before I got cut.

"We have to take care of you two now." He said.

Two? I looked at other, they weren't hurt at all. Except of Naruto, who had a lot smaller wound on his hand. Gulp.

"There's a poison... in the weapon..." I said.

"Really?" Naruto freaked out in a moment. He was shaking.

"now now we just have to take poison out by loosing some blood." said Kakashi.

"But, but, sensei, we need to treat Rei, to hospital, she wont endure like this!! In this state she will..."

"Yeah, I know." he sighed. " i think we should cancel the mission and head home."

"No, I WON'T!"

We turned to the pat of valley where Naruto was. We all breathed deeply.
He was cutting his own hand.
While I, wasn't even thinking about taking kunai out.

Cuz I'm scared of cutting myself.


"Naruto, that won't help Rei..." Sakura said "Besides, you might die from blood loss, not poison..."

"I DON'T WANNA DIE LIKE THAT!!!" he was screaming.

A while after Kakashi was bandaging Naruto's hand, I was impressed. He was better than Hinata-chan.

"Okay, we really should head back now-"

"No, we won't..."


I decided. I'm going to do it like a kunoichi,
and not as scared girl.

Sakura was stunned about what I was to do. She is obsessed about my long hair.

I was holding kunai under a snap of my hair tightly.

"My hair... has a special ability..." I said, somehow, not letting tears go.

"It can... obsess the enemy..." I slightly moved the kunai nearer hair.

"And... take out poisons... from open wounds..!"


The firely red threads of hair were already on the filthy ground, and I was holding a snap of my hair.
I cut my long red hair for just a few centimeters, but the difference was noticeable.

"HENGE!!"

Paf. The wound was gone.

"...Incredible..." Kakashi was stunned.

"Did you just... change your hair into chakra..?"

"Yeah, that's the special ability of my clan!"
End Notes:
Found out what did Rei mean in part two!!
Chapter 5 - High and low ranked missions (Part 2) by becarei
Author's Notes:
This is one heavy fanwrite-post! Enjoy!
"Yeah... That's a special ability of my clan!!"


The two in front of me were stunned by my act. Sakura was near collapsing and Naruto was staring at me as I was a ghost or something.


"Ka- Kakashi-sensei, is that even possible to do??"

"Well... there are clans that keep their chakra as a... let's say... healing tool..."

"...Healing... tool?"

"Yes" I said. They all turned my way.

"It's okay. I didn't really do anything..." I smiled and shrunk down a lot to look at hair on the ground.


I can't image how my hairstyle looks now.


"But... But... Rei... Your hair..."

"Don't worry, at least it can be of use..." I said to calm her down, because she was near crying.

"We should get going..."

"Yeah..." I agreed to Kakashi. I gave a last look on my bright red hair.


I was humming something to myself about buying some hair wax when going home (It wouldn't endure good by just staying like this. I don't even know what does look that 'this'...) when I heard something from back:


"You alright, Mr. Scaredy Cat??"

"What the hell-"

I turned around. That definitely wasn't meant for me.
But it was to Naruto, who was right behind my back all along the way.


"What did yo-"

"Wait!!"

It happen for me to be between two guys who were just to kill eachother in a moment. Sasuke obviously didn't move one inch, but was ready to dodge Naruto's attack.
Naruto bumped into my hand by the pressure of speed.
At least I hold them not letting them to move closer by each other.
The boys looked at me.
Geez.


"Don't get involved..." said Sasuke

"You shut up..."


I turned to the one who was to attack.


"Don't tell him to shut up Naruto. Watch the tongue!" I said.

"No."

"You're always gettin' in trouble! Always! Why??"

"What else you think I can do???"

"I don't know!? Help us maybe?? It's a lot better than standing like a scared cat!!" Sasuke yelled at him from other side.

"Like I give a damn!! And how the hell am I to get into help when I see you two are perfect together!!"

"What!?"

"It was like a freakin' twin connection!! How to hell am I to get that stuff you you not let me!??" Naruto was angry. He was aiming for Sasuke again.

"It's called signals and vibrant connection, stupid!" Sasuke was also to get Naruto.

"BOTH OF YOU SHUT UUUUUUUUUP!!!"


The guys really stopped.


"This is what happens when you call each other names!!"

"Don't raise the fire if you can't control it, mini killer!!" I yelled at Sasuke who was about to do a Katoon.

"And you, think before you act, knuckle head!!" I said to Naruto.

"Pfffft..." we heard sound behind us


We weren't alone at this, I though. Of course Kakashi and Sakura were watching me hitting the shit out of boys while calling them names. Especially Naruto.

I looked at him. He was pissed. He pushed away my arm and made a few steps backwards, so I can be sure he won't go near again. But he looked at me angrily.


"I understand how he can call me... call me... some scared cat..." he pointed at Sasuke

"But I can't understand... Someone like YOU... Giving me crap about me being a knuckle head!!"


What the hell is he talking about? Someone like me?


"... Someone like me..?"

"Of course."

"I don't understand..."

"SOMEONE AS DUMB AND CHILDISH AS YOU CAN'T BE MORE A KNUCKLE HEAD THAN ME!! WE'RE FREAKING SAME IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY!!"


I didn't really know what to say. I didn't quite understand him, but I got the point. I don't have any right calling him a knuckle head.

He... He's way more powerful...
... and BRAVER than I will ever be...


"I'm... I'm so sorry I-"

"Liar!!"

"Huh?"

"Just when you get that you did something wrong, you apologize!!"

"How the hell then am I going to-"

"You are NOT supposed to apologize at all!! Means that you're not to HURT people AT ALL!" He said.

"That makes you the dumbest!!"


I looked at him, then at Sasuke and Sakura. I found nothing. They were watching at me coldly. Kakashi wasn't watching me at all.

He was disappointed. Disappointed.

How didn't I get this before??

... Disappointed...

Am I really that dumb...?

...I'm disappointed in you...

THAT dumb..? THAT cold..? That...


"I'm... I'm sorreh..." I some how said.


I said not to let tears go.

...Don't fall. Don't cry. Be a ninja...


"I'm sorreh... To... to... di- disappoint this team..."

"Rei... "

"Sorreh..."

"Rei... looks like you have to work on your chakra jutsu..."

"Huh?" I raised the head. E what the hell?

"You're still bleeding. And the poison is sticking out again..."


...Don't let your chakra run out...


"DAMN! So she CAN collapse!!"


. . .


I was so exhausted from bleeding and poison dislove and medics and other stuff that I had no energy left to watch out
our journey trough thick mist in a tiny boat.

I must have been doing sounds because I've been vomiting in the water last few minutes. The guy who was leading the boat was calming me down and saying to others to mute me.

Somehow I was feeling better after we got off the boat. Maybe the sailing sickness...

We needed to get old geezer back to his house safely.
Kakshi was praying not to be attacked again cuz he might get fired for using children. Haha

And Naruto seemed more active and hyperactive since we left the boat. He was right head of us and wasn't paying attention on anything else than bushes.

"Naruto... what the hell are you doing..?" Sakura said. How doesn't anyone claims for her "annoyness"??

"Somebody's after us!!"


He suddenly threw a few shurikens at bushes.
If we didn't argue a few hours ago and if I wasn't feeling like vomiting, I would tell him he's a idiot.


"NARUTO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!??" Sakura yelled

"Don't throw shurikens like that..! It's dangerous!!" Kakashi said.


And in the bushes. The lil' poor rabbit was laying under shuriken.

"I-dioooot!!" I looked at poor animal. I got down to touch it.

"The hell you calling me an idiot now!?" he said.


WE were already on the ground fighting over who's to hold lil' rabbit. I couldn't let him.

He was way too cute. The rabbit. Fluffy and white and...

White.


"Kakashi!!" My mind was fully recovered.

"Isn't this rabbit supposed to be in PEACH COLOR... Not WHITE?"

"You're right... It's spring and this snow rabbit is..." Kakashi looked at thing. Scared.

"W- White." I murmured.

"Somebody's after us." Said Sasuke.

"See! I was right!!" Naruto yelled happily

"Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!"

"EVERYONE GET DOWN!"

We turned on the scream, dodging a big blade which ended up in the tree. The man who threw it was already standing on it.

A really fast and scary person,

"You..." Said me and Kakshi in the same time.

"Momochi... Zabuza..." I said fast.

"Oh, so I have a honor to see the two most famous nins..."

"Naruto, don't enter the fight." Said Kakshi, stopping him to go near Zabuza.

"This guy... is a totally other level..."

"To have seen The copy Ninja Kakshi..."

"...and the Rei Uraki, The Forgotten One."


HE KNOWS?? NO, way, he actually KNOW this??


"Copy Ninja, Forgotten Ninja..." The team seven was confused.

"Your sensei, Kakashi, is famos for it sharingan..."

"No way!" Said Sasuke. I actually saw him shocked for the first time.

"... and your teammate, is a serial killer, who posses 20 Forgotten Ninjutsus!"

"THAT'S NOT THE TRUTH! I'M NOT A SERIAL KILLER!"

"BUWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!"


I turned to my teammate looking for some support, but they all had a bit of scariness in they eyes. They won't trust me again that soon.


"HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW IF YOU'RE A SERIAL KILLER OR NOT!? DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER????"

"STOP IT!"


NARUTO???


"Shut up!!" I said

"NO! I will not!! She's not a serial killer!!" he said

"It's not time for that!!"

"It is! Cuz I know HE IS A SERIAL KILLER!" he yelled pointing at Zabuza. Ah.

"Huhuhuu... This boy... Is clever..." Zabuza was laughing. Again. Creepy.

"Shall we play this game then Kakashi?" He said. And disappeared.


The mist around us was getting thicker (I mean this is a mist country, but why so much mist??), it made me sick again. So uncomfortable.

Like if I move, I'll die.

I turned to see others. They were tense, making a circle around old man, protecting him from attack.

It was just, nobody was concentrated on defens, but f what I was thinking.

How the mist is thick, and how they will to DIE, just to savve efforts of suffering. Please,

make it fast..!


"Sasuke, Rei, don't!" I heard Kakashi.


What..? We were holding our kunais right in front of our chests, right about same heigh, right about TO KILL OURSELVES.


"Don't be afraid. I don't let my comrades.... die!"

"As I remember, you didn't do it last time!"


Twitch. What the hell... I hear him right...

...behind me...


"It's over."

"NO!"
End Notes:
Will team seven get saved??
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=10929