-x-When Fantasy Becomes Reality -x- [Uchiha Sasuke] by WhiteWingedWolf
Summary: He trained mercilessly, desperate to be stronger. As he finally heads home, through the familir forest path, he stumbles across an unconcious girl. No matter how much he despises most of the female species, the Uchiha avenger, as cold-heartrd as he is, he doesn't like the fact that the girl would be in danger should he leave her there. So he takes her home and waits for her to wake. Suspicious as he had never seen her before.
Categories: Characters: Sasuke Uchiha
Genres: Mystery
Warnings: OOC
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 3289 Read: 2217 Published: 19/03/08 Updated: 02/04/08
Story Notes:
Naruto characters belong to Matashi Kishimoto. Original characters belong to me.

1. In The Forest Where She Lay by WhiteWingedWolf

2. The One and Only Team Seven by WhiteWingedWolf

In The Forest Where She Lay by WhiteWingedWolf
Author's Notes:
Part one, this is the edited version of the original story on Quizilla. It was quite popular on there, so I'm putting it on here too.
1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... crap.

The last two kunai hit at the wrong angle, causing one to fall to the ground in front of me, and the other to go whizzing off into the forest somewhere.

Stupid kunai knives...

The other six kunai had hit dead center. I must've done this a hundred times and I still make mistakes? I need to get stronger...

Where did it go wrong? I held a kunai between each finger in each hand, and a kunai between my thumb and finger in both hands...

Ah I see... One of the kunai had left my hand the slightest bit later than the others...

In battle that could be a deadly mistake...

Against my brother I wouldn't stand a chance...

I scowled. I hated failure. The other six perfecly thrown kunai didn't matter.

The last two were a failure.

I picked my kunai up off the ground and proceeded to pull out the others from the targets.

I looked out into the forest. Should I bother going to get the other one? It's not like I have anything else to do, besides, I need as much weaponary as possible.

The forest was dark and silent. That's why I like it here. No annoying interruptions. No one to bother me. No team mates to distract me.

There was a rush of leaves and I immediately tensed. Just incase...

Just incase it was him...

But it wasn't him. It was just an owl, staring intently at me. I glared back at it, before continuing on my way to get my kunai. The owls eyes following my every movement, until it disappeared from sight.

Where the bloody hell is that thing?

My lips tightened in annoyance as I increased my pace. It can't be much further. I saw the moonlight reflect off something metallic in the near distance.

Finally...

I walked through the bush blocking my path, heading to get the damn thing and go back to where I live. I don't particularly think of it as home.

I have to stay in an apartment on the orders of the Hokage. 'Too many bad memories' as he put it. The Uchiha compound is where I grew up and it's where I will revive my clan, and where I shall return to living as soon as I kill my brother and feel at peace.

I stopped. My kunai was embedded in a tree, and a girl lay at the bottom of that tree, seemingly unconcious.

Did I hit her?

She doesn't look to be bleeding, I don't see any rips in her clothes. Heck she's probably asleep.

I bent down and shook her shoulder.

"Are you gonna stay out here all night?" I said.

No response...

Baka girl...

I pulled my kunai out the tree and put it back in my kunai pouch. I looked back down at the unconcious girl.

Should I just leave her?

I don't know her, she could be a spy, she might be annoying...

Or should I take her with me?

If I leave her and she dies the ANBU Black Op's will haul me in for questioning, they'll find my DNA or something...

Stuff it I'll take her with me.


I grimaced as I put a hand to my burning forehead.

Geez that's a killer migrane...

I forced my eyes open. Everything was a huge blur as light burned into my eyes.

Ouch...

I groaned and sat up, putting my head in my hands. The excrutiating pain in my head eased, leaving a slight feeling of light headedness behind.

Reopening my eyes, I looked around.

This wasn't my house. It wasn't any of my friends houses either. So... Where the hell was I? I was on a bed. In a relatively large room. That's where I was.

"Awake?" came a boy's voice. I jumped out my skin.

"FLIPPING HELL!" I cried holding my heart.

"What's your name?" the boy demanded coldly.

I looked away from him as a heated blush rose to my face.

I was shy when meeting new people... I couldn't help it, it was my nature... I only felt confident if my friends were with me.

"My name is Uchiha Sasuke" he said, obviously wanting me to answer with my own name.

Wait a minute... Sasuke Uchiha? Wasn't he a character in the anime 'Naruto' that had started showing a few days ago?

My mind wandered to what my friends would do in this situation. A smile threatened to spread across my face but I managed to hold it in.

"What's your name?" he repeated, more of an order than a question.

"I... I don't know, all I remember is that it began with 'K'" I answered truthfully.

He stared at me as though trying to read my mind and see if I was lying.

"I found you in the forest outside the village, where did you come from?" he interrogated asked.

"Somewhere far, far away... I don't know how I got here... and I don't know how to get back" I said quietly. It was probably best to be truthful... I didn't like being stared at it made me feel really uncomfortable... and all this guy was doing was staring...

I sighed and looked down. "I wish Gemma was here" I whispered to myself.

"Who's Gemma?" Sasuke asked.

Woah he's got good hearing...

"A very close friend" I replied as a smile appeared on my face.

His eyes seemed to soften the slightest bit. He sat on the bed beside me.

"Do you miss your home?" he asked.

"In some ways, I miss my friends and my family" I said.

It was weird being interrogated by a stranger.

A boy stranger.

An ANIME boy stranger.

It was silent after that... I hugged my knees to my body and rested my head on them and sighed.

What was I going to do now?

There was nothing I could do really, I can't go back if I don't know how I got here.

It's probably just a dream... I'll wake up soon...

"You're really quiet" he said, his eyes narrowing with suspicion.

"That's only because I'm shy at the moment" I said. He raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you shy?" he enquired. I shrugged.

"It's just the way I am" I said looking out the window. It was pitch black, apart from the bright full moon.

Wasn't it a new moon yesterday?

He followed my gaze out the window. For a while we sat there in silence watching the clouds drift past the moon creating shadows as they passed.

How did I get here?

Sasuke layed down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. He was probably waiting for me to bugger off somewhere and leave him in peace.

A sudden wave of tiredness rushed through my body. I layed down and almost immediately fell asleep...

~Sasuke POV~

I looked round at the girl to ask her some more questions, only to see that she had fallen asleep.

On my bed.

Her breathing was very quiet and for a moment I had thought she wasn't breathing at all.

I wonder where she came from. She doesn't seem to be a ninja, but then again, if she's not a ninja why is she carrying two katana?

Hm... Maybe if she stayed I'd find out.

Her long blonde hair fell over her pale face, but she didn't stir.

I didn't feel as though she was my enemy. I'll take her to my team in the morning and ask Kakashi-sensei what to do.

He'll just send her to the Hokage or something...

Some part of me wanted her to stay...

Something about her interests me.

As long as she wasn't a fangirl, or a girl version of Naruto, I should be able to tolerate her.

Her hand had a hold of the bed sheet and she was holding on tightly. She was smiling gently.

For some reason, I started smiling too for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

I can't remember the last time I smiled usually I would smirk.

I layed there watching her, until sleep overcame me and I was plunged into my dreams.

End Notes:
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed. :)
The One and Only Team Seven by WhiteWingedWolf
Author's Notes:
Naruto characters belong to Matashi Kishimoto. Original characters belong to me.
I woke up but purpousely kept my eyes closed. I shifted into a more comfortable position and noticed I could feel arms around me.

"Gemma get off your hugging me in your sleep again" I mumbled. I rolled over and fell asleep again.

Until I felt something shaking me...

"Five more minutes Mom..." I said groggily.

"Wake up you've got to go see Kakashi-sensei" said a boys voice.

Eh? Who's Kakashi?

I opened my eyes. Sasuke was blurry at first but then my vision sharpened.

HOLY--!! So... it wasn't a dream?

"Thought of a name yet?" I mumbled sleepily.

"Name?" he repeated.

"Am I supposed to walk around being called 'IT'?" I said grumpily, mornings were not my thing, I was a major night owl.

"Kazari'll do for now" he said huffily, obviously saying the first name that came to his head.

"What does it mean?" I asked confused. Well I'm not Japanese and I only know odd words from random Anime's.

"Decoration."

Am I a freaking christmas tree?

"That's nice" I said, about to fall asleep again. I am just TOO tired to care right now.

"Kari, you've got to go see Kakashi-sensei" Sasuke said.

Wasn't it Kazari a minute ago? Oh well I like Kari better anyway.

"Why... and what time is it anyway?" I said, wondering how premature my rude awakening really was.

"Here's your bag get ready" Sasuke said, throwing a bag I recognised as my own at me. I managed to catch it before it hit me in the face.

"You've got ten minutes or I'm going without you" he said, completely ignoring my question.

Miserable, idiotic, mean, anime person...

I reluctantly got up. I don't know where my bag came from but I was sure as hell glad it was here.

I did the usual morning routine in record time, then walked over to Sasuke who was impatiently waiting for me.

"Here are your katana's" he said handing me two swords, each in a sheath. I blinked and looked at them. They were really light in weight, sheathed in a smooth...to be honest I have no idea what the sheaths was made of. They were black and looked snug around the thin blades.

Since when did I have swords?

Don't they know I shouldn't be trusted with dangerous, sharp, pointy things?

Ah well, their loss.

"Come on already, or we'll be late" Sasuke said annoyed.

"So what time is it anyway?" I repeated.

"5am" he replied, looking at me like I was a complete and total idiot and I should know the time automatically. 5am... and I thought 10am was flipping early...

We walked for a while, Sasuke doing a brisk power walk with his hands shoved in his pockets, me dragging my feet and wistfully dreaming of going back to sleep.

After about ten excrutiatingly LONG minutes we arrived at a... well I'm guessing it's a training ground.

Ten minutes or so after that, a boy with blonde spiky hair with bright blue eyes who was wearing an orange jumpsuit arrived.

He glared in the direction of Sasuke, eyes narrowing in dislike.

"Sasuke."

"Loser" Sasuke replied acknowledging the boy.

The boy continued to glare at Sasuke,while Sasuke completely ignored him, Then looked over at me.

At once a huge, goofy grin spread across his face and I noticed three whisker like markings on each of his cheeks.

He walked bounced up to me.

"HI THERE I'M UZUMAKI NARUTO AND IM GONNA BE THE NEXT HOKAGE, DATTEBAYOOO!!!" he shouted.

How on earth he had so much energy this early in the morning is beyond me.

"Call me Kari!" I said smiling.

Naruto seemed like a nice guy and some of his confidence and energy seemed to automatically rub off on me. So this was Naruto huh? The nine tailed fox and master of eating ramen. His personality was awesome I liked him already!

"SASUKE-KUUUN!!" cried a shrill voice. I looked round and saw a girl running towards us.

I stared horrified.

"It's so pink!" I whispered as I cringed.

That made my heart ache... A few of my friends favourite colour was pink.

Why I will never know.

Gemma and Sam like the colour pink and I... well I think pink stuff should be burned.

Sasuke smirked slightly and Naruto burst out laughing.

The girl stopped and looked at me, mint green eyes puzzled.

"Who're you?" she said.

"She's new Sakura" Sasuke said. The Sakura girl's face lit up with delight when Sasuke spoke to her.

"You look very nice this morning Sasuke-kun! Did you do something different with your hair?"

I just stared at her like she was the creepiest, weirdest, freakiest thing I'd ever seen. She was actually rather pretty, her pastel green eyes went well with her horribly pink rosaline hair.

"Oh sorry! My name is Haruno Sakura" she said smiling. Well at least she seems pretty nice. But she was obviously giving this 'TOUCH MY SASUKE-KUN AND DIE' vibe.

"I'm Kari" I replied simply.


And so I talked with the three of them as we waited for this Kakashi person.

I made friends with Naruto in seconds, the boy a delight to talk to, I tried my best to get along with Sakura too, trying oh so hard to ignore the colour of her hair.

A guy with silver hair appeared out of thin air, reading an orange book.

"Sasuke what does the front of that book say?" I asked, trying to make sense of the red squiggly lines that I guessed was the title. I didn't know any kanji at all.

"Icha Icha pradise, Make out paradise" he mumbled blushing lightly. Yet another perverted teacher. I guess you can't escape them...

Kakashi looked over at me with his one visible lazy eye.

"Oh? Well what have we here?" he said looking over at me. I shifted hiding behind Naruto slightly.

"I found her outside Konoha gates in the forest when I was training yesterday" Sasuke said. Kakashi looked at me interested.

"She'll have to see the Hokage and he can decide what to do next" Kakashi said.

"Yeah! Lets go see old man Hokage!" Naruto said happily. "C'mon Kari-chan we'll get you a place to stay and I'll show you round!" Naruto grabbed my hand and steamed ahead. The others trailed behind at a slower pace.

I looked at things as we passed. People busy with their everyday lives. It's so weird without cars and humungous buildings and technology and stuff. Still, I guess it means less pollution. The air smells so clean here.

Soon enough we arrived at a big place with a red roof, the place that I would see the Hokage. There was a sign with kanji on it, that Naruto told me meant fire. We walked up some stairs down a corridor or two until we were infront of a door. Kakashi knocked twice, the sound seeming to echo.

"Come in" came an old man's croaky voice. Naruto pushed the door open and bounced inside.

"How may I help you?" the Hokage asked. He was seriously old... He must be near a hundred or something.

"This girl has been found outside the gates of Konoha and wishes to stay here" said Kakashi. The Hokage smiled at me as though I was his favourite grandaughter.

"What's you name?" he asked. I didn't answer due to my shyness.

"She can't remember so for now she's being called Kari" Sasuke said noticing my silence.

"And where do you come from Kari?" he asked.

"Somewhere far away..." I said quietly.

"Are you a shinobi?" he asked.

Sheenohwbee? What the hell?

"Ninja" Sasuke hissed under his breath.

"Um... I did martial arts and... stuff" I said, got to a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do if that counts.

"Hm how about a spar with Sasuke?" he asked, eyes drifting over to the raven haired boy beside me.

Sasuke nodded, showing he had no objections. I stood opposite him, while Kakashi, Sakura and Naruto stood against the wall giving us room.

"Begin" said the Hokage. I stood there unsure what to do. Sasuke was staring at me intently, as though waiting for me to make the first move.

"KICK SASUKE'S ASS KARI-CHAN!!!" Naruto hollared at the top of his lungs. Somehow the windows stayed intact.

I smirked, Naruto's words giving me confidence. I had a bit of a violent side to me and I was often told I was stronger than I looked.

Tired of waiting Sasuke charged at me. He threw a punch at incredible speed. I don't know how but I managed to dodge it easily. I didn't think I was this fast...

I pulled out my swords. I held them in font of me in a protective X shape. Sasuke jumped higher than any normal human could... I swung my swords at him but he managed to block with a kunai. Seeing an opening, I kicked his leg and sent him flying into a wall. Crap! I didn't mean to kick him that hard... Or crack the wall...

"That's enough" the Hokage said putting an end to our spar. Sasuke got up looking annoyed. He folded his arms in front of his chest and humphed. The Hokage smiled, the patterns formedby his wrinkles deepening in his face. "I should've told you to spar outside, ah well my grandson..." he seemed to think better about going into a long story, or he just didn't want to go into it and changed the subject. "I believe you'd make a splendid ninja." He handed me a headband.

It consisted of a silver plate engraved with what looked like a 6 made into a leaf. The metal was attatched to a light black fabric. I smiled and tied it round my waist.

"You can join team 7, as you have met with them already and seem to get along well" said the Hokage gesturing at the four ninja. Naruto grinned throwing his arm round my shoulder.

"Finally! Someone I can have some fun with!" he cried in delight. Naruto seemed too innocent for that to sound as wrong as it did...

"Arigatou" I said. I didn't know much japanese but I watched some anime's and picked up random words.

"Douitashimashite" the Hokage replied. I think that long word means you're welcome? All five of us walked out the Hokage's office.

"Well we have missions tomorrow so I'll see ya then. Sayonara" Kakashi said disappearing in a poof of smoke. I knew 'sayonara' was good-bye.

"Wanna go get some ramen to celebrate Kari-chan?" Naruto asked. I hadn't tried ramen before and I didn't have any money. Naruto didn't wait for an answer, he just grabbed my hand and started dragging me along. Sakura and Sasuke followed behind us at a slower rate.

"Ichiraku ramen! Best ramen ever! Just wait! It's the most delicious thing you've ever tasted garunteed!" Naruto cried excitedly. He must love that stuff... That or he's paid for advertising it. It's probably like me and cookies.

"Naruto I don't have any money" I said, slightly embarassed.

"No, sweat! This is your first Ichiraku, I'll pay!" Naruto cried at once.

"Aww thank you!" I cried, touched by his generosity. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a greatful hug, It was kind of a tradition for me to hug my friends and Naruto's already in that category.

A light red dusted his cheeks as he seemed slightly taken back by the friendly gesture, but he quickly adjusted as a huge grin stretched across his face.

This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=7792