Blossoms in the Dark by Hardofheart
Summary: When you least expect it, love can blossom in the most unlikely places.
Categories: Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance > Top Pairings > Sasuke and Naruto, Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance Characters:
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 20 Completed: Yes Word count: 9730 Read: 32737 Published: 02/08/06 Updated: 04/08/06

1. 1. Initial Contact by Hardofheart

2. 2. What Is This?! by Hardofheart

3. 3. The First Buds of Spring by Hardofheart

4. 4. Misconceptions by Hardofheart

5. 5. An Accident by Hardofheart

6. 6. On the Phone with Ino by Hardofheart

7. 7. Tendrils of Life by Hardofheart

8. 8. Secrets Unearthed by Hardofheart

9. 9. Why Don't You Drive a Kunai Through My Shattered Heart?! by Hardofheart

10. 10. A Fragile Blossom Begins to Open! by Hardofheart

11. 11. The Calm by Hardofheart

12. 12. The Storm by Hardofheart

13. 13. The Blossom Is Wilting? by Hardofheart

14. 14. Bruised and Broken by Hardofheart

15. 15. Picking Up the Pieces. by Hardofheart

16. 16. Painful Memories. by Hardofheart

17. 17. Flames Rekindled by Hardofheart

18. 18. The Top of the Spiral by Hardofheart

19. 19. I'm Yours 'Till I Die. by Hardofheart

20. 20. The Blossoms Emerge, Full Bloom by Hardofheart

1. Initial Contact by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, or anything else included in here.

Just a short story, and my first fanfic.
'thoughts'
"speech"
"Sasuke..." a familiar voice whispered inside his mind, jarring him from his otherwise peaceful slumber. Sasuke sat bolt upright, covered in a cold sweat. 'Was it intentional?' Sasuke asked himself, wishing the answer would come to him.
Only a few days ago had he been sitting in a classroom, when Naruto jumped on the desk in front of him and glared at him. Sasuke glared back, a trademark scowl forming on his face. Suddenly, a set of lips met his own, taking his breath away. 'Huh?' was the only rational thought in his head at the time. He pushed Naruto away, and almost every girl in the classroom gave him the most evil of looks before beating him to a pulp. This moment had replayed over and over in his mind. His first kiss, taken by a boy who was a loud, obnoxious idiot.
"That baka," he muttered aloud and attempted fruitlessly to fall asleep again, knowing that he would be unable to rest easily again this night.

"Sasuke-kun!" a bubbly voice called to him as he walked toward Team 7.
"Sakura," he muttered to himself before giving her a grunt of recognition. He knew she liked him, but he wasn't all that interested in that girl. He wasn't even looking for a date; he had to focus on reaching the Jounin level from his Genin status.
"Hmmph!" another voice said, this one belonging to Naruto. Naruto had already called him a rival, and he had no intention of becoming that idiot's friend.
He reached his group, but they were down a leader, Kakashi-sensei. He was always late. Several minutes later, Kakashi-sensei arrived.
"You're late!" Naruto pointed an accusing finger at Kakashi.
"I had some urgent business to take care of." he replied nonchalantly.
"Yeah, yeah." Naruto said, not believing him. Sakura glared at him momentarily before shifting her hard gaze to lovey eyes at Sasuke. The Uchiha heir ignored her attempt at making him swoon for her, staring off into space instead.
"Alright, today's mission is cleaning trash from around Konoha," Kakashi said. Naruto groaned miserably and began complaining about the terrible missions they always did. 'There he goes again. How does Kakashi-sensei put up with him?' Sasuke thought to himself, looking at the boy who had stolen his first kiss. 'He may be an idiot, but he doesn't look too bad...' he ended that thought abruptly, blushing slightly at his thought. 'Why can't I get that kiss out of my head?!' he shouted angrily at himself. He knew he couldn't possibly have feelings for Naruto. 'We're sworn enemies, right? I can't possibly care about him like that?!' He doubted that he could care about Naruto at all, in fact, he didn't even like Naruto. 'I'm being an idiot, that's all.' He turned his thoughts to what was currently happening.
"Owww! Sakura-chan, you didn't need to hit so hard!" Naruto whined, clutching the top of his head, clearly in pain. Sakura was screaming various obscenities at him, and Kakashi was holding her back to keep them from killing each other. 'Boy, isn't this group gonna be fun...' Kakashi thought idly to himself. 'At least the Uchiha boy won't be much trouble, unlike Uzumaki.'
Kakashi sighed, then said, "Cut it out you two. We have a mission to complete, and a ninja's job is to complete the mission no matter what the cost." Team 7 began wandering through Konoha, completing their mission with no help from Kakashi; he was wrapped up in his latest hentai, Icha Icha Paradise. 'God, our teacher's a pervert!' Sakura thought to herself after reading the title once, groaning inwardly. 'This is gonna be a long road.'
2. What Is This?! by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.
Continuing on with "Initial Contact"
After a hard morning of cleaning up Konoha, the group stopped at a Ichiraku's for lunch.
"I hope you brought money; I'm not paying." Kakashi said with a hint of boredom in his voice.
"You...you!" Naruto grumbled. He rummaged through his orange jumpsuit for some money. He managed to find some money. 'Only one bowl?! Damn, and I'm hungry too!' Naruto whined to himself, stomach gurgling at the sight and smell of the ramen. He took his bowl, sat at the counter, and began eating his ramen. 'It was an accident,' he thought, remembering the kissing incident, 'Shikamaru knocked me into Sasuke, that's all.' He glanced over at Sasuke, his dark eyes full of...confusion?
"Huh?" Naruto said aloud. He felt just as confused as Sasuke looked. With Sakura-chan babbling away to Kakashi-sensei, he was free to study his rival.
"What are you staring at?" Sasuke said in an annoyed tone. 'Shit! He saw me!' both boys thought simultaneously.
"N,nothing, Sasuke!" Naruto nervously chuckled, scratching the back of his head. He bowed his head to his half full bowl of ramen and resumed eating again, but he wasn't hungry anymore. 'That's odd,' he thought, 'Normally, I can't wait for ramen, but I've eaten half a bowl, and I'm not hungry anymore?' He took another couple of bites and sipped a little of the broth, then pushed his bowl to the side, feeling rather gloomy. 'What's this feeling inside? I don't understand it. What's going on with me?!'
3. The First Buds of Spring by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I still don't own Naruto.
Following up on "What is this?!" and "Initial Contact".
Kakashi waved jovially at Team 7 as they departed for home, with Sakura going left, and Naruto and Sasuke going straight. He studied his team momentarily, thinking 'Something's going to happen between those two' He shrugged off the thought and resumed reading Icha Icha Paradise while walking toward his apartment.

"Sasuke, I..." Naruto faltered.
"Hmm?" Sasuke said in an unusually soft manner. 'What was that? He's my enemy! He's, he's...NO!' Sasuke chastised himself for coming off that way. "What is it now, Naruto?" he said more harshly.
"Sasuke, I just wanted to know why you looked so confused this afternoon at Ichiraku's. What's bothering you?" he said, shocked at his own words.
"Why have you been looking so miserable?" Sasuke replied brusquely.
"That's not an answer!" Naruto shouted.
"Quiet down, dobe. There's no need to yell." he said in an irritated manner. 'His voice gets so annoying!'
"I only asked you a simple question! Answer me!" he said in a softer, more viscious tone.
"It's none of your business, Naruto!" Sasuke cried angrily. Naruto stood back, shocked. He'd never seen Sasuke angry like this before.
"Sasuke," Naruto said softly, nearly a whisper. "I know you're alone. Why don't you come with me for a little while, to hang out, you know?"
Sasuke sighed in frustration. He knew he couldn't win against the hyperactive boy. Naruto had hit a soft spot in him.
"Fine." he said harshly, "It doesn't mean that we're friends or anything." The two boys began walking towards Naruto's house, unaware of what was about to happen.
4. Misconceptions by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, ok?
This chapter is rather short, sorry.
Sakura couldn't believe what she was seeing. Sasuke and Naruto walking together. She blinked and rubbed her eyes, hoping this image was a trick of her mind. It wasn't and it only got worse. Sasuke walked past the Uchiha mansion and headed to the newer development where Naruto lived. 'No, no, no! Sasuke and Naruto HATE each other! Sasuke is supposed to like me!' she thought angrily to herself. "Oh, Naruto, when I get my hands on you, I'm gonna..." She stopped mid-sentence, mouth agape.
"No..." she whispered as Sasuke grabbed Naruto's hand.
'NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!' her mind screamed.
"Sasuke.." she whispered sadly.
5. An Accident by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I STILL don't own Naruto.

If anyone's a bit confused about the last chaper, maybe this will enlighten you. Sorry this one's a bit short too. They'll get longer as the story continues.
"Naruto," Sasuke said.
"Yeah?" Sasuke grabbed Naruto's hand, pressing something into his palm.
"You dropped this earlier this morning, when you were ranting about becoming the Hokage." he said with a smirk on his face.
"Damn right, I am going to become the Hokage! Ugh, Sasuke!" Naruto growled and Sasuke let out a brief laugh. He was just as suprised at what came out of his mouth as Naruto was. 'Great, now I'm laughing. What is he doing to me?!'
"Umm, Sasuke? You can let go of my hand now." Naruto said, bringing his head back to earth.
"Right," Sasuke withdrew his hand, embarrased. Naruto saw a small shuriken pressed into his palm. 'Heh, it must have been when I chucked that kunai at the tree behind Kakashi-sensei. It probably got caught on the tip of the kunai and fell.'
"Arigatou, Sasuke." Naruto said softly.
"Hmmph," was Sasuke's reply. They had reached Naruto's apartment. He opened the door and let Sasuke into his home.
"Well, this is where I live." Naruto said sheepishly. 'Sasuke lives in a mansion! This is probably a dump to him! Damn, if I had known I'd be having guests, I would've cleaned a bit. Ahh, nevermind, it's just Sasuke.'
"Nice...place." Sasuke wrinkled his nose at the smell of old ramen and dirty laundry.
"Sorry it's not cleaner. I wasn't expecting to have guests today." Naruto said with a slight bit of guilt.
"If it was any cleaner, I wouldn't know you lived here." Sasuke smirked at Naruto.
'That bastard! He'll pay for that tomorrow!' Naruto thought angrily.
"So, what do you want to do, other than stand around in my kitchen?" he said, erasing the traces of anger that were in his thoughts seconds ago.
"Sasuke?" He glanced around the kitchen, Sasuke nowhere to be seen.
"Sasuke?" He drew a kunai from his hip holster, making sure that no shuriken clung to the tip. Naruto walked through his small apartment, kunai raised, listening intently for any noises out of the ordinary. He knew the apartment's every creak and groan like he knew the back of his hand.
"Sasuke? Where are you?" he called into the darkening apartment. There! He heard a small creak emanating from the bathroom. He tiptoed toward the bathroom door, nudging it open slightly, and tossed the kunai into the blackness.
6. On the Phone with Ino by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Naruto is not mine.

Brief chapter with Sakura and Ino. If you haven't guessed already, this is a bit AU.
"Damn, Ino, pick up the phone!" Sakura cursed into the ringing receiver.
"Yamanaka Flowers, this is Ino speaking!"
"Ino, thank kami! I need to talk to you about something I saw!"
"What is it, forehead-girl?" Ino simpered. Sakura felt a vein pop, but kept her tone even.
"Ino, I saw Naruto and Sasuke walking to Naruto's apartment...together!
"WHAT?!" Ino exploded into the phone, "You've got to be joking, Sakura-chan!"
"I swear it! And that's not even the worst part. Sasuke grabbed Naruto's hand and held it!"
Ino gasped, "Does this mean Sasuke's...?"
"I'm pretty sure. Why else does he ignore every other girl's affections, not to mention 'the kiss'?"
"I'm calling all the girls! This is a hot piece of news that cannot be put on ice! Ooh, thank you, Sakura-chan!" Ino said cheerfully as she disconnected. Sakura sighed as she hung up the receiver. 'I wonder what's going to happen now that this rumor is out.' She stared at a wall, feeling ashamed at what she had just done. 'Is Sasuke really...? I've never doubted Naruto wouldn't be. I hope Sasuke won't ignore me more than usual because of this.' She sighed again, not really looking forward to tomorrow.
7. Tendrils of Life by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Naruto does not belong to me.

Hopefully this is all making sense, despite my jumping around.
"Damn it, Naruto!" Sasuke cried angrily, a new cut forming on his right arm. He was standing in Naruto's bathroom, searching for some antiseptic and some bandages. 'Now it seems I'm really going to need them.' he grumbled angrily to himself.
"What the hell are you doing, Sasuke!? I turn around for one minute and you're gone!" Naruto yelled.
"I was just trying to find some antiseptic and bandages for my hand, baka! When I pressed the shuriken into your hand, I cut myself, and now, I have a new, deeper cut on my arm. Thanks a lot, Naruto." Naruto stared at the floor.
"The bandages and the antiseptic are in the second drawer of the sink stand," he mumbled, feeling ashamed for his outburst. He flicked on the light and turned to leave when a hand landed on his shoulder.
"Naruto," Sasuke mumbled into his ear, swallowing his pride, "would you give me a hand? I'm right-handed." Naruto looked his foe in the eyes and saw nothing to concern him. He stared into Sasuke's dark eyes, unable to draw his gaze away.
"Naruto, are you going to help me or not?" Sasuke said in a irritated tone.
"Right, ok." Naruto grabbed up a few cotton balls, the roll of bandages, and the antiseptic and placed them on the counter. He first dressed his hand wound, gently dabbing the antiseptic into the small gash in his hand. He looked up momentarily and saw Sasuke grit his teeth at the stinging pain the antiseptic caused. A small pang of sadness shot through Naruto as he finished cleaning the wound and bandaged it up carefully and gently. 'Wow,' Sasuke thought as Naruto finished his hand, 'he did a really good job. He may be an idiot to everyone else, but he really knows what he's doing underneath it all.'
"Umm, Sasuke, could you take off your shirt?" Naruto asked out of the blue.
"No, you idiot! I'm not like that!" Sasuke shouted in retaliation, feeling his ears redden slightly.
"Sasuke, the wound on your arm is too high up for me to bandage it properly if I just lift up your sleeve! There's nothing behind that!" Naruto said roughly. 'He asks me to help him, and what do I get? I get yelled at for coming off as a pervert!'
"Fine," Sasuke said huffily, "just don't try anything funny. I can still kick your ass." Sasuke smirked slightly at this comment. 'I take that back. He's still an idiot, no matter what.'
Sasuke removed his shirt, revealing a toned shape and excellent muscles to Naruto. 'Damn, he looks good.' Naruto's ears reddened at the thought. 'No, no, no! I'm not going to think that way!' He dabbed at the wound with antiseptic, cleaning away the blood that had dripped down his arm. 'I hit him good, too.' Naruto thought idly as he bandaged up the wound with the same gentleness and skill as he did to his hand wound.
"Thank you, Naruto." Sasuke said softly, swallowing his pride again.
"There's blood on your shirt, Sasuke. It really needs to be washed. Do you mind if I wash it for you?" Naruto said, staring at the floor again.
"I can take care of it when I go home. Don't worry about it, dobe." Sasuke put his shirt back on and side-stepped Naruto, leaving the bathroom. Naruto walked into the bathroom and shut the door, taking care of some 'business'. "Damn Sasuke!" Naruto mumbled to himself, "I fix him up and he still treats me like shit! We're still rivals, but I can't help but feel that there's something he's not telling me." He hit himself in the forehead "I'm being stupid again! We're rivals! I shouldn't expect him to be nice to me!" Naruto sighed and finished up, zipping his jumpsuit pants back up and putting away the medical supplies. His eyes fell on the cotton swabs, tinged with Sasuke's blood. He wrapped them in toilet paper and tossed them in the garbage, leaving the bathroom to find where Sasuke had gone.
"Sasuke? Where'd you run off to now?" He walked into the living room area of his apartment, seeing Sasuke's bluish-black hair around a table. He was sitting cross-legged on the floor, kunai and shuriken spread out in front of him and a whetstone in his hand.
"Oh. There you are. Do you want something to drink? I don't have much, sorry." Naruto offered.
"I am a bit thirsty. What do you have?" Sasuke asked, not even looking up.
"Umm, water, milk, orange juice, and a couple cans of cola. What sounds best to you?"
"Water is fine, thank you." Sasuke replied. Naruto went into the kitchen and grabbed two clean glasses from a small hutch and filled them with water.
"Here," Naruto returned from the kitchen, brandishing a full glass of water at him. Sasuke looked up and grabbed the glass, accidentally dropping the kunai he'd been sharpening to the floor. An eerie silence fell over the boys, begging one of them to speak. Sasuke set the whetstone aside and took a sip of the water to calm himself. 'It's creepy when Naruto is quiet.' he thought. After a few minutes of this, both Naruto and Sasuke asked, "What were you thinking about at lunch today?" They instintively covered their mouths, Naruto blushing slightly and Sasuke's ears reddening. Naruto looked to Sasuke to begin.
"This is rather awkward..." he began.
"I know," Naruto said, cutting him off. "Let's just begin at the beginning, with no holding back." Sasuke nodded in agreement.
8. Secrets Unearthed by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, OK? Things like this would happen if I did.

"I think the beginning was when I hopped on the desk and glared at you. Sakura-chan was swooning over you and I was pissed that she hated me, so I decided to see what was so good about you. Then Shikamaru, damn him, bumped into me and I fell into your lips. We kissed." Naruto said.
"I know that, dobe. I wasn't expecting anything, and I thought you were a giant, orange buffoon, staring me down and glaring. Then you fell into me and stole my first kiss!" Sasuke said hotly.
"I know that, and I'm sorry I stole your first kiss. If it's any consolation, you stole mine, Sasuke-bastard!" Naruto said loudly. Sasuke sat quietly for a minute or two before replying.
"Damn it Naruto! If you hadn't kissed me, I wouldn't have lost sleep last night!" Sasuke yelled. Naruto sat, jaw hanging open.
"Sa, Sasuke? You lost sleep over me?" Naruto said, still in shock at Sasuke's outburst.
"I'm not happy about it, but the only reason I came here was to get some answers from you. Besides, you're alone too." Sasuke smirked at his comeback. 'Maybe now I'll get some answers out of him.' he thought.
"Sasuke.." Naruto murmured. He looked straight into Naruto's eyes, and saw pain and deep sadness there. He looked almost ready to cry.
"Naruto.." Sasuke felt a pang of guilt for bringing the younger ninja to the verge of tears.
"I, I, can't get that moment out of my head, Sasuke. I keep trying to push it away, but it keeps coming back whenever I see you." Naruto nearly sobbed. A lone tear rolled down his cheek, crossing the whisker markings on his face. "Well, what about you? You still haven't answered my question." He smiled weakly, daring him.
"Naruto, at lunch today, I..." he faltered, fearing what he was about to say would make Naruto more distressed than he was currently.
"Go ahead, Sasuke-bastard." Naruto grinned at him, egging him on.
"Did you want to kiss me? Did you intend on leaning in and kissing me at that moment? Did you and Shikamaru plan this?" Sasuke turned his head, blushing.
"Sasuke, I.." Naruto was blushing a bit himself. He began replaying that scene in his mind, realizing something crucial. His eyes widened as he spoke. "Now that I think about it, Sasuke, I have something to ask you. Were you truly disgusted with what happened?"
"Answer me first, baka." Sasuke growled.
"No, I didn't plan that! How could you say that?! Shikamaru and I aren't even friends! As for wanting to kiss you at that moment, no, I didn't want to, but after I had..." He trailed off into silence and turned away from Sasuke. "Answer my question." he said in a cold voice, very unlike the Naruto he knew. Sasuke turned to Naruto and forced him to look him straight in the eye.
"At the time, I was absolutely disgusted. I wanted to brush my teeth with boiling acid. But every time I think about it, I realized that the kiss wasn't bad." Sasuke replied in a voice he barely recognized as his own, blushing furiously now.
"Sasu..ke.." Naruto looked into Sasuke's eyes and saw they held no lies. His skin tingled with heat, blushing profusely now.
"Naruto.." Sasuke whispered softly. They were silent as they stared into each other's eyes, telling everything without saying a word. Sasuke's skin was crawling with heat and with Naruto's breath on his face, it only made him hotter. Deep inside, he felt so much better now that their emotions were out in the open. He felt as if there was a great weight lifted from him, and he was absolutely sure Naruto felt the same.
9. Why Don't You Drive a Kunai Through My Shattered Heart?! by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Comments are greatly appreciated.
"Sasuke?" Naruto asked after an extremely long silence, "Did you really mean that?"
"Why else would I say that? I'm not that cruel." Sasuke replied with a characteristic smirk. Naruto breathed a sigh of relief and glanced at the clock.
"Sasuke, it's almost ten. You should probably go home soon. I'll walk with you, if you'd like, in case the ghouly-monsters try to hurt you!" Naruto laughed heartily.
"Shut up, baka! I can make it home on my own." Sasuke seethed.
"Fine, fine. Don't get kidnapped on your way home!" Naruto said jokingly.
"I'll see you tomorrow, dobe." Sasuke said gruffly. He turned and headed for the door, unsure of whether to turn the knob and leave, or run back and ask him to walk with him. It was at least a ten minute walk, and the dobe looked kind of restless.
"Naruto!" Sasuke called from the doorway. "Are you coming or not?" He smiled to himself as Naruto came dashing into the kitchen, ready to go.
"Alright!" Naruto cried as they left for the Uchiha mansion.

"Don't stay out too late, Sakura!"
"Yes, mother! I'll be home by ten-thirty at the latest!" Sakura glared angrily at the road below her. It wasn't fair. Sasuke was supposed to like her, not Naruto! She started walking, then jogging to the crossroads and took a left at the road Sasuke lived on, as well as Naruto. 'I've got to find out what Sasuke-kun is up to! I hope I'm not too late!'

"The night is beautiful, isn't it?" Naruto asked as he gazed at the cloudless night.
"Yeah, it is." Sasuke replied quickly. He was more focused on getting home than on the beauty around him. Suddenly, Sasuke walked into an orange-clad arm.
"Baka! Move!" Sasuke hissed.
"Shh! Look up!" Naruto hissed back. Sasuke looked up to see falling stars. 'The meteor shower. How could I have forgotten?' he thought to himself. 'The last time I saw one was back when my family still lived and Itachi was still my older brother.' Sasuke wiped away a tear that had traitorously left his eye.
"Make a wish." Naruto whispered into his ear.

Sakura was out of breath by the time she reached the bridge that was about twenty minutes from Sasuke-kun's house. 'Gotta keep moving!' Sakura chanted to herself as she dashed along the road, oblivious to the meteor shower happening around her. She was only about fifty meters away when she saw two figures standing in the moonlight. She was too far away and it was too dark to distinguish the figures. 'Gotta keep moving, Sakura.' an inner voice said. She picked up her feet and began jogging slowly toward Sasuke's house once again.

"Make yours," Sasuke replied back. He closed his eyes and made a wish. A small voice piped up, 'This is childish,' but he paid it no mind. He opened his eyes to see Naruto standing in front of him, blue eyes blazing silver in the moonlight.
"This is what I wished for," Naruto whispered pulling Sasuke close in a gentle embrace.
"This was my wish," Sasuke whispered back as he tilted Naruto's head toward his own and brought their lips together in a sweet and gentle kiss. Naruto cupped his hand around the back of Sasuke's neck, wishing this moment would never end. Their lips parted, and Sasuke smiled a genuine smile, rare and beautiful, and Naruto returned it. They were still wrapped up in each other's arms when they heard light footfalls and panting nearby. Naruto and Sasuke looked to the person standing a few feet away, tears streaming down her face.
"Sakura-chan..." Naruto said softly.

She came within ten feet of the two, panting and out of breath, tears pouring down her face.
"So it is true." she said sadly, "I saw everything."
"Sakura-chan, this isn't what it looks like!" Naruto cried.
"Shut up, baka! I know what I saw!" she shouted angrily at the two, now standing side by side. She turned away from the boys and began walking home slowly.
"Sakura-chan, wait." Sasuke's voice met her ears.
"What do you want? Care to drive another kunai through my heart?!" She cried, enraged.
"I'm sorry, Sakura-chan, I really am. I'm sorry that you wasted your time chasing me. It was time you got a clue." Sasuke said coldly.
"Goodbye, Sasuke-kun, Naruto." Sakura said in a hollow voice as she turned and left for home.
10. A Fragile Blossom Begins to Open! by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto. Sorry this chapter is so short!
As Sakura's back retreated into the darkness, Sasuke took a hold of Naruto's hand.
"Naruto, I don't want anyone finding out what happened tonight. At least, not yet. Knowing Sakura, she'll tell the whole village and we'll be discovered. Tomorrow, we have to act just like we did today. Like I'm still your enemy and you're still mine." Naruto's eyes got wide at that statement.
"So, we aren't really enemies anymore?" he asked, "If we aren't enemies, then what are we?"
Sasuke smiled at Naruto and said, "We're friends." He turned and headed into his mansion, feeling rather cheerful for a change. He stepped inside, removed his shoes, and padded up to bed, removing his clothes and sleeping in his boxers. That night, he slept easily.

Naruto ran home after making sure Sasuke got inside alright. He still couldn't believe it. He was kissed by Sasuke, and with full agreement on both parts. Naruto smiled happily at his mental image of Sasuke smiling at him, not insulting him, not berating him, but smiling at him. 'I think I'm really and truly happy for once! This is an amazing feeling!' Naruto reached his apartment, stepped out of his shoes, changed into his soft blue pajamas, and went to sleep with a smile on his face.
11. The Calm by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I still don't own Naruto.
Sasuke awakened from his peaceful slumber as the sun began to rise and say 'hello' to the citizens of Konoha. He quickly dressed in clean clothes, and viewing the wounds that he received the night before. 'Naruto did an excellent job at cleaning these up.' he thought as he pulled a clean shirt over his blue-tinted hair and head. He tied his forehead protecter on and set out for the bridge, the meeting place, with some fresh plums in his hand. He ate one as he walked and stored the others in the pocket of his shorts for later, probably for Naruto. 'That baka. He probably won't have money if we go to that ramen shop again today.' As he arrived at the bridge, he saw a familiar, orange-clad boy standing there, waiting for him.
"Hello Sasuke!" Naruto cried happily, bouncing over to him.
"Baka!" he hissed, "Remember what we went over last night?"
"Calm down, Sasuke! Nobody's around to see! I came here early, just because I figured you'd be here."
"Still," he said, "I wouldn't be too cheerful just yet."
Naruto sat on the bridge, feet dangling over the edge, and stared out into the water. 'Sasuke's such a worry-wart!' he thought.
"Naruto, it's only seven-thirty. We weren't told to meet here until nine, and with Kakashi-sensei being him, we probably won't be needed until almost ten. Do you want to come back to the mansion?" Sasuke offered, hoping he'd take his offer.
"Sure, Sasuke. Maybe I can have a better breakfast than a bowl of instant ramen!"
"You baka." Sasuke smirked as they walked back toward his massive house.

"WOW! You live here?" Naruto stared, shocked at the enormity of the place.
"Yeah. It gets rather empty and lonely sometimes." Sasuke said, casting his gaze to the floor.
"Then why don't you move to somewhere smaller?" Naruto asked.
"I have my reasons for staying here." Sasuke replied quietly. 'I'm staying here until I find Itachi. I have to avenge my clan's death by killing my brother.' That thought sombered Sasuke's mood from cheerful to gloomy, and Naruto noticed.
"Sasuke, what's wrong?" he asked softly, coming near him.
"It's nothing," he said, turning away.
"It's not nothing. I know that well. Come on, Sasuke. Tell me, please?" Naruto pouted his lips in a way that could not be ignored.
"I was thinking about my brother, ok?!" Sasuke said louder than intended, "I have to find him and kill him for destroying the Uchiha clan." 'So that's what he meant by killing a certain someone!' Naruto nodded. Sasuke walked into the living room and sat on a deep blue couch, staring off into space. Naruto sat near Sasuke, putting his head on Sasuke's lap.
"Naruto, what the hell are you doing?" Sasuke growled.
"Sleeping," he yawned as he spoke, getting comfortable.
"Get off!" he grumbled at Naruto, who rolled onto his back and pouted up at the Uchiha heir.
"Please, can I stay? Please?" Naruto whined. Sasuke's face flushed slightly. 'My god, he's so cute when he does that!' he thought.
"Fine," he grumbled, "but only for a little while!"
"Thank you, Sasuke-kun!" Naruto smiled sweetly and turned to face Sasuke's chest.
"You're welcome...?" Sasuke was slightly weirded out and blushing a bit because of where Naruto's head was. Minutes later, Naruto was fast asleep and Sasuke was feeling rather drowsy himself. It was quarter to eight.

An hour later, a small alarm went off in Sasuke's head. He had an impeccable internal clock, and it had never failed to wake him whenever he needed it to. In the end, he had nodded off after stroking Naruto's head for a little while. He was suprised at how soft his hair was because of how spiky it was. He stretched his torso a little, careful to not awaken Naruto just yet. He peered down at his sleeping form, and smiled to nobody. Naruto's face was buried in his crotch, and he really didn't want to move him just yet. Naruto looked comfortable, and they still had fifteen minutes until they were supposed to be at the bridge. He idly massaged Naruto's scalp, thinking to himself at how much better he felt after last night. 'I don't like much about Naruto; he's noisy, obnoxious, doesn't plan or think things through, and he has always been a pain, but for some reason, I feel like I should be with him. He's so unlike me, yet we connected last night. Maybe I do care about him...' His thought ended as Naruto stirred in his lap. Naruto turned over and smiled sweetly.
"Good morning, Sasuke."
"Hello, baka. Have a nice nap?" he said gently.
"Yeah. You smell good." Naruto sat up and grinned, and Sasuke's ears reddened a bit.
"I've got a plan to make Sakura think she was dreaming last night," Naruto said, "I'm running ahead of you, trying to beat you to the bridge, but you're above me and walk. I rub it in your face, and you do your usual cold attitude. The rest, we'll figure out as the day goes on." Sasuke nodded at Naruto. 'Maybe he's not an idiot after all...'
12. The Storm by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I still don't own Naruto.
Sasuke and Naruto did everything as planned. They arrived at the bridge promptly at nine, to see Sakura standing there looking rather glum.
"How are you, Sakura-chan?" Naruto asked sweetly.
"Shut up, Naruto! Don't think I forgot what I saw last night!" Sakura hollered
"Saw what?" Kakashi interrupted.
She pointed at both Sasuke and Naruto. "I saw them kiss last night under the meteor shower!" Kakashi began to laugh.
"What's so funny, Kakashi-sensei?" Sasuke asked.
"The absurdity of it all! Naruto and Sasuke are rivals, mortal enemies, even! You must've been dreaming, Sakura."
"I know it wasn't a dream." Sakura said, but to no avail. Kakashi didn't believe her, and the boys were acting like rivals again. 'Just like yesterday...' She trailed off into silence.
Kakashi cleared his throat.
"Ok, team. Today we'll be weeding a garden." Naruto began his usual complaining about their missions being terrible and pointless, but he went along with them anyway. He needed every mission he could get to raise his ranking and become Hokage in the future.
"Baka," Sasuke muttered as he passed Naruto, and Naruto just grinned.

Several hours of intense weeding, Kakashi sent them away to relax for the rest of the day. What he actually meant was for him to begin reading his new hentai without Naruto to annoy him. The boys were walking through the main village street when Sakura popped up behind them with a herd of the local Sasuke Fangirls.
"Sasuke-kun, Naruto, please explain to these girls what's been going on." Sakura said harshly. The girls eyed Naruto with complete loathing and looked at Sasuke sadly.
"What are you talking about? We're enemies, Sakura." Sasuke replied, "We aren't dating or anything. Hell, we aren't even friends!
"So, Sasuke-kun is still dateable?" some of the girls cried. Sakura looked pissed. Naruto cringed.
"Well, Sakura-chan, it appears that you lied to me." Ino said venomously.
"I swear, Ino, I wouldn't lie to you about something as devastating as this!" Sakura pleaded. Moments later, Sakura and Ino were having a catfight, which all the girls were watching, and Naruto took this opportunity to seize Sasuke's hand and sneak away to somewhere quiet, preferably Sasuke's mansion.
13. The Blossom Is Wilting? by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Naruto isn't mine, OK?
Naruto and Sasuke barely got away from those girls. Barely. If Naruto hadn't grabbed Sasuke's hand to alert him to the opportunity to escape, they would've never been able to have escaped being mauled. They had been seen, but luckily her shouts were drowned in the fight. Hopefully, they wouldn't be mauled later on. They reached the Uchiha mansion after running for many minutes. Panting, Sasuke opened the door and immediately headed upstairs for a couple of futons. It was Friday, and Kakashi had given Team 7 the weekends off, so he could spend some quality time at his apartment. Naruto was standing in the massive atrium of Sasuke's house when he heard a crashing noise as two rolled up futons came barreling down the stairs, taking a very shocked Sasuke with them.
"Sasuke!" Naruto yelled, grabbing him by the shirt away from the flying futons. He winced as they crashed into the area where he had been standing several moments previously.
"Are you alright, Sasuke?" Naruto asked, scanning him for any cuts.
"Yeah, I'm fine, dobe." Sasuke replied with a smirk. Sasuke was the only one who got away with insulting him, because he knew it was a sign of endearment.
"What happened?"
"I was trying to carry the two futons, when I tripped on the edge of a tatami mat and fell downstairs with the futons." Sasuke replied, feeling like an idiot. Naruto let Sasuke go, as he helped haul the futons into the living room with the large blue couch.
"Is here OK?" Naruto asked as he set the futons side-by-side.
"Perfect," Sasuke smiled.

Several hours later, Sasuke and Naruto were relaxing on their futons when a furious pounding resounded at the door.
"Probably fangirls. Let's get armed." Sasuke said quickly.
"COME OUT NARUTO AND SASUKE!! THIS IS SAKURA AND THE REST OF THE FANGIRLS!!"
"Told you. Come on!" Sasuke tugged at Naruto's arm. The boys headed outside to face the fangirls who wanted to desperately maul them, more particularly, Naruto.

They stood on Sasuke's doorstep, waiting to see what the girls demanded.
"I know you guys are lying to us! You are together!" Ino shouted. Several girls agreed.
"We are?" Naruto asked sleepily.
"They apparently want us to be together, so how about we act it now, huh?" Sasuke whispered into Naruto's ear.
"Umm, sure? Why not? Last night felt good." Naruto smiled softly at Sasuke. Sasuke's ears reddened slightly.
"Just like last night?" Sasuke whispered.
"Just like last night." Naruto smiled again. Sasuke tipped Naruto's chin up and began kissing him gently, both of them moving to embrace each other. Sasuke gently pushed his tongue into Naruto's mouth, making him gasp slightly in suprise, letting him in better. Naruto's tongue met Sasuke's and they kissed passionately for several moments. Sakura and the rest of the girls stood, mouths agape at the sight they were seeing. Every single girl thought, 'Our Sasuke, kissing that goof Naruto?! Oh NO!' Tears streamed down more than one face, and the girls departed in search of someone new to flirt with. Their lips parted and Sasuke looked into the younger ninja's eyes and saw tears.
14. Bruised and Broken by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. If I did, things would probably be much different. Or maybe not. Depends on my mood.
"Naruto.." Sasuke said sadly, "What's the matter?" Tears were still streaming down his face.
"That was humiliating!" Naruto said as he buried his face into Sasuke's neck and hair. "Now those girls want me dead!" Sasuke held Naruto close and rubbed his back.
"It'll be ok. I promise." Sasuke whispered into the still-crying Naruto's ear. "Let's go back inside, huh?" He and Naruto walked inside, Naruto still clinging tightly to Sasuke. They managed to get to the futons, Sasuke sitting cross-legged and Naruto kneeling into his shoulder, still broken. The thirteen years of pain and torment he went through were being poured out as tears into Sasuke's shoulder and hair. Sasuke, having enough of his carrying-on, smacked him on the side of the head, scaring him out of his tears.
"Oww!" he sniffled, "What was that for?!" Sasuke kissed Naruto's lips softly.
"Because I can, dobe." he smirked at Naruto.
"Sasuke.." Naruto muttered and he sprawled out on one of the futons, and Sasuke followed suit. Naruto removed his jacket, revealing a tight black t-shirt beneath.
"Too hot in here." he mumbled sleepily as he curled up on the futon. His last waking thought was, 'I'm sleeping next to Sasuke, and everything is right with the world.'
15. Picking Up the Pieces. by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Naruto.

Sorry for such a brief chapter last time. AU and spoilers for the Chuunin exam and beyond ALERT!!
Sasuke and Naruto remained a couple for about a year, dodging Sakura's attempts to kill Naruto and "save" Sasuke. She, however, found someone else to love, as did most of the other girls in that generation of shinobi who weren't killed in a mission. Team 7 had disbanded after Sasuke went with Orochimaru to the Sound Village when he was fourteen, leaving Naruto depressed and alone for three years. Sasuke, after killing Orochimaru and Itachi, returned to Konoha, a loyal shinobi who was welcomed with open arms. Unburdened, Sasuke wandered through Konoha for some time, finding that his mansion still belonged to him, and finding that Sakura had married a fine gentleman. It was then Sasuke began searching for his lover, Naruto...

Four Years Later...

Sasuke had been searching through Konoha for several days now. He knew Naruto hadn't left Konoha. He'd asked around. 'The dobe really knows how to hide himself.' He walked down snowy, familiar roads that he had walked on as a child. "What an idiot!" he muttered to himself as he realized he hadn't checked Naruto's childhood apartment. He quickly began running down the road, entering his apartment which was still unlocked. He gazed around and saw that the apartment had gone through hell. There were piles of empty instant ramen bowls on the floor, dirty dishes in the sink, shuriken and kunai in the walls, and every window had at least one hole in it. There was no power and no heat, but there was running water.
'How could he survive in these conditions?' Sasuke thought angrily to himself.
"NARUTO!" he called out to the darkness. He checked the bathroom and the living room, but to no avail. He opened a door he'd never been through before, assuming it was his bedroom. He opened the door and saw a blanket-wrapped lump lying on the bed.
"Naruto!" Sasuke's voice was panicky. He rushed over to the bed to find Naruto, alive but very weak, looking up at him.
"Sa..Sa, Sasu..ke...you came back." he managed to say.
"I'm here, Naruto." Sasuke smiled at Naruto and picked him up to take him to the mansion.
'Has he eaten this week? He's so light! I hope he isn't ill...' were the thoughts rushing through Sasuke's head as he carried Naruto in, bridal style.
"Why are we here?" he mumbled.
"Welcome home, Naruto." Sasuke whispered, smiling.

About a week passed, and Naruto was regaining his strength. Sasuke had been taking good care of Naruto, and he was finally gaining weight back. If he hadn't been the Kyuubi's vessel, Naruto would've been dead almost a year previously. Sasuke had gotten into contact with Kakashi-sensei again, finding that he had taken a lover who had also been a teacher to Naruto, Iruka-sensei. Sasuke invited them over one day to see Naruto again.

"Sasuke, who's banging down the door?" Naruto asked.
"It's just Kakashi-sensei and Iruka-sensei." Sasuke replied.
"They're here?!" Naruto jumped out of the bed he'd been lying in, ready to run downstairs in only a pair of flannel pants. 'He's still as beautiful as ever,' Sasuke thought, a small smile teasing his lips.
"If you feel strong enough, come downstairs. We'll be waiting in the living room." Sasuke ran downstairs to make sure his guests didn't freeze to death on his doorstep.

"Finally! Warmth!" the younger ninja exclaimed.
"Kakashi-sensei, Iruka-sensei. It's good to see you two again." Sasuke said quietly.
"Sasuke, you've changed since we last saw each other," Kakashi said softly, "You aren't the cold-hearted child I saw when we first met." Sasuke chuckled softly. "I may have warmed a bit, but I can still be cold and sadistic." Iruka's jaw dropped.
"No, no, I haven't been torturing Naruto. See for yourself!" Kakashi and Iruka dashed over to embrace Naruto.
"Iruka-sensei! Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto cried before he was smothered in a hug by both of them.
Sasuke heard a muffled "I'm fine, OK? You both can stop suffocating me!" Kakashi and Iruka backed off, allowing Naruto to breathe. Both teachers looked him up and down, amazed by his beauty. 'Damn, he looks good.' Kakashi thought. The young Chuunin gazed at Naruto and thought, 'It's incredible how beautiful he is now. I can't belive this is the same boy who pulled all those crazy pranks four years ago!'
"He's mine, Kakashi. Sorry." Sasuke smirked at his former Jounin teacher.
"I've got Iruka, Sasuke. You can keep the annoying orange ball!" Kakashi began laughing.
"Hey! I'm not wearing orange!" Naruto complained.
Everyone laughed, except for Naruto.
16. Painful Memories. by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Naruto doesn't belong to me.
The block of completely italicized text is a flashback. "speech" 'thoughts' LEMON AND AU ALERT!
"What's so funny?" Naruto cried.
"Relax, dobe." Sasuke smiles as he placed a gentle kiss on Naruto's lips. 'He hasn't changed that much,' Kakashi thought, 'He still calls him 'dobe'.' After their lips parted, the four of trooped into the living room and sat in various places. Iruka's hands were locked in the silver-haired Jounin's as they cuddled. Sasuke sat on the blue couch and Naruto rested his head on Sasuke's lap as he had done four years previously. 'Old habits die hard, apparently' Sasuke thought with a glint in his eye.
"So, how have you boys been?" Kakashi asked Sasuke. Sasuke ran his fingers through Naruto's hair. "We've been doing alright, I guess. I've been taking care of Naruto, mostly. What about you guys? You seem rather lovey-dovey." Sasuke smirked at Kakashi.
"We've been doing wonderfully," Kakashi replied, patting the Chuunin on the thigh, reminding him of what would take place later. The Chuunin smiled at his lover, waiting for that time.
"Naruto, where have you been for the last few years?" Iruka asked.
"In the shithole apartment that I've always had. Thanks to Sasuke, I'm here today. He saved my life--again." Naruto snuggled deeper into Sasuke's lap. They talked for a few hours, when Kakashi realized that they had some food to prepare and some 'business' to attend to at Kakashi's apartment. 'I'm sure I know what that business is.' Sasuke thought to himself as Naruto's nose dug into his groin. Kakashi and Iruka showed themselves out, arms wrapped around each other lovingly. Sasuke sighed as he stroked Naruto's head.
"Sasuke?"
"Hmm?"
"What was it like with Orochimaru?" Naruto asked softly. "You don't have to tell me if you aren't ready." Sasuke sighed and looked into Naruto's brilliant blue eyes.
"I'll tell you, but it isn't pretty." Sasuke said, thinking about the memories he kept locked away.

Hidden Village of the Sound, Two Years Previously

Sasuke, sixteen at the time, sat in a tiny dark cell, waiting for day to come. He surveyed his surroundings again; a crude bed, a small toilet, and a barred and Chakra-absorbing barrier keeping him from the outside world. The walls were made of concrete, which was cold and damp. He sat on the floor of his cell, back in a corner, stripped completely of his clothing, his legacy, and his freedom. Suddenly he heard keys rattling in the locks that imprisoned him. A pale face with bright yellow eyes peeked into the cell.
"I see you." Orochimaru said softly, nearly hissing at him. He walked into the cell, locking the door behind him. He squatted where Sasuke was sitting and leaned over to him.
"Why the long face, Sasuke?" Orochimaru grinned at him, his snake-like features defined in the poor light. Orochimaru's lips met Sasuke's and that devilish tongue began violently working its way into the Uchiha heir's mouth. Sasuke closed his eyes, wishing he could die right there rather than being at the mercy of this man, if that's what you would call him.
"Answer me, Sasuke. I don't want to have to kill you." The tongue left his mouth, so he could speak, but it was never far away.
"I don't want to be here, Orochimaru." Sasuke said in the harshest voice he could manage with this being around. He was frightened, but he could do nothing about it. Orochimaru smiled, but it wasn't a nice smile.
"That's too bad, Sasuke. You're staying right here." Orochimaru said icily, his hand caressing the boy's unmarked face. 'Such a beautiful body,' Orochimaru thought to himself. Sasuke felt a cold hand touch his face, and he opened his eyes, seeing Orochimaru's face centimeters from his own. He flinched slightly as his tongue slipped back into his mouth, tasting every little thing inside his mouth. Sasuke whimpered slightly as Orochimaru's hands lighted on his chest, all noise stifled by that devil's tongue. Sasuke wanted nothing less than to escape, but with his body pinned between a wall and Orochimaru, he had no hope of escaping. 'Caught between a rock and a hard place, eh, Sasuke?' his mind thought feverishly as cold hands slipped lower and lower, caressing his sacks and causing his length to begin stiffening. Orochimaru 'hmm'-ed in approval at the sight of this, continuing to play around with the boy, making him squirm. Orochimaru then extracted his tongue from the boy's mouth, placing tiny kisses all over his body, causing Sasuke to moan softly. Sasuke's thoughts turned to the boy he left in Konoha. 'That baka,' he thought sadly as he gasped, Orochimaru's mouth around his length, devilish tongue squeezing and caressing. Sasuke arched into Orochimaru's head as he bit down. Hard. He gasped in pain as much as in pleasure, nearing his peak. Orochimaru's hands were wrapped around Sasuke's lower back, pulling him forward to expose an opening. Sasuke clenched his eyes shut, tears leaking from them as one of his fingers slipped into that tight opening, mouth still around his length. Orochimaru touched that special place, making Sasuke come into his mouth.
"You taste so sweet, Sasuke," Orochimaru smiled coldly. "It's time for you to do something for me." Orochimaru's mouth left a trail of tiny kisses along his length, tongue roughly moistening that opening. Orochimaru eased out of the rest of his clothing, sporting a rail spike. Sasuke began to grow limp as Orochimaru thrust himself inside Sasuke, causing all rational thought to stop as he screamed inside his head. With a swift jerk and another thrust, he was back inside, leaving a sticky present for Sasuke to deal with later.
"Thank you, Sasuke," he said with a hint of sarcasm, "I'm sure you enjoyed that too." Orochimaru reclothed himself and left his cell. When Orochimaru's steps had faded, Sasuke curled up in the fetal position, weeping softly. He felt humiliated, disgusting, and beaten, but that wasn't the worst part of it all. He enjoyed it.


Konoha, Present Day

"Wow." Naruto said softly, holding his lover in a gentle embrace. He rocked him back and forth gently, whispering soothing sounds into his ear. "I'm sorry, Sasuke." Sasuke calmed down, but wrapped in Naruto's arms.
"What happened to you, Naruto?" Sasuke asked after some time.
"There isn't much to say, actually. The team disbanded after you left, and Sakura found someone to be with. Kakashi-sensei holed himself up in his apartment for a while, and Iruka-sensei brought some hope back into Kakashi's life." He mentally ticked off names as he went.
"What about you, Naruto? You told me what happened to everyone else, but not you." Sasuke said earnestly.
"If you really want to know, the villagers blamed me for you leaving, because of the Kyuubi in me. I holed up in my shithole apartment for a while, with Iruka-sensei and Kakashi-sensei coming every week or so to check on me and bring more food. Then, a few weeks ago, they stopped coming, and I was running out of food. I remember going to my bed and curling up to keep warm, then nothing, and then your voice. You saved me." Naruto said, deeply grateful for what Sasuke did for him. Naruto laid his head back on Sasuke's lap, looking into his eyes for the longest time before reaching up to him and kissing him. Naruto shifted to make Sasuke more comfortable as they kissed passionately into the cold night.
17. Flames Rekindled by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.
Naruto stirred the next morning, finding his head buried in Sasuke's lap. Sasuke was sleeping on his back, breathing slowly and evenly, a peaceful expression on his face. Naruto smiled softly and nuzzled back into Sasuke's groin, listening to his breathing and heartbeat.
"Naruto? You awake?" Sasuke asked several minutes later.
"Mmhmm," Naruto replied into his groin, laughing softly. Sasuke blushed in a way he hadn't since he was a child, sitting in Naruto's apartment.
"Come on, dobe. Get up!" Sasuke said in a falsley annoyed tone. Naruto groaned.
"Nuh-uh. Nice and warm. Staying here!" Naruto mumbled childishly, causing a grin to form on Sasuke's face.
"Don't you want breakfast?" Sasuke asked teasingly. Naruto nodded vigorously, sending a shiver through Sasuke's body. "Well, you won't get any at this rate! Come on, get up. I'll cook something!" Naruto jumped up at these words. He loved Sasuke's cooking. Sasuke began to laugh as Naruto dashed into the kitchen, waiting for Sasuke to start breakfast.
"Calm down, dobe. I'm coming!" Sasuke laughed again, smiling. He hadn't felt this happy in a long time and hadn't smiled for an even longer time. He walked into the kitchen, bare feet tingling on the cool floor. Naruto was standing by the refrigerator, facing away from Sasuke, who sneaked up behind him and kissed his ear. Naruto whipped around and smiled, knowing everything was right with his world. Sasuke began making eggs, and Naruto sat at the table, watching Sasuke's back. 'I'd forgotton how dead-sexy Sasuke was.' Sasuke could tell that Naruto wasn't exactly thinking about breakfast anymore and laughed softly.
"Good things come to those who wait, Naruto-san!" Sasuke said teasingly. Naruto mumbled something he couldn't quite hear and he returned to making breakfast. 'No matter how many years he's grown, he's still the same childish, orange ball of energy that I love.' Sasuke's ears reddened at the thought of him bouncing all over the place and 'annoying' him when he really loved his energy and spirit. He brought breakfast to the table, and they ate in silence, letting their eyes do the talking. 'And somehow, everything's right with this world.' they both thought as they ate and smiled, enjoying each other's company.
18. The Top of the Spiral by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own anything of Naruto.

LEMON ALERT!
After eating breakfast, Naruto went upstairs and raided Sasuke's dresser. His bright orange jumpsuit was beyond repair, and he needed something to wear that day. Sasuke had just finished taking a shower and walked into his room with a blue towel slung low around his hips. Naruto's jaw dropped, and Sasuke blushed, seeing Naruto in a pair of his shorts.
"What are you staring at?" Sasuke asked in a gruff tone.
"What are you staring at?" Naruto asked back. Of course, they were both staring at each other, taking in each other's external beauty. Sasuke's hair was damp and a bit messy, making him look like a tousel-haired child who had just woken up from a nap. 'Damn, he's cute..' Naruto thought as he watched water from his hair slide down his bare chest. Naruto, whose mind hadn't been on breakfast, took a cautious step toward Sasuke, who took one of his own. They met in the middle, arms outstretched, hugging each other tightly.
"Damn it, Sasuke." he whispered into Sasuke's ear, sending tingles down his spine. Sasuke draped his hand around the back of Naruto's neck, the other around his waist, pulling him into a kiss that couldn't be ignored. Naruto began prodding with his tongue, and met Sasuke's in the middle, tasting each other. To make it easier for Naruto, Sasuke tilted his head down and to the side slightly. Naruto's left hand was on Sasuke's lower back and the other going through his hair, walking him into a wall. Sasuke felt a pang of his memory come back, but he shoved the thought away as he lowered the hand on Naruto's neck to his back and pressed him closer, bodies becoming one. Naruto took the hand that had been on Sasuke's back and slid it carefully down the outside of one thigh, beneath the towel still poised on his hips, and slipped it around back, gripping his cheek firmly. They broke their kiss to speak, panting somewhat.
"Naruto, are you ok with this?" Sasuke panted into his ear, "I know you've never done this before."
"I'm fine as long as you are." he looked at Sasuke, blue eyes filled with a desperate lust for him. Using his shinobi training, Sasuke flipped Naruto around, pinning him against the wall. Naruto looked shocked and very innocent to Sasuke, but he went along with it, bodies pressing closer and closer, until there was no distinct line where one ended and the other began. Sasuke had a sadistic glint in his eye, but Naruto shook it off as a trick of the light, and in a flash, Naruto was standing with his loaned shorts and boxers around his ankles. 'But, Sasuke..' his mind protested, pushing Sasuke backwards and stepping out of the shorts, 'you're still covered!' Realizing this, they made their way over to the bed in a joint effort, with Sasuke unwrapping the towel and nearly lunging on top of Naruto.
"Sas..uke..?" he panted, slightly confused.
"Shh. We're gonna have some fun." Sasuke smiled, pulling Naruto's face into another passionate kiss.
19. I'm Yours 'Till I Die. by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I still don't own Naruto. More things like this would probably happen.
This chapter smells like lemons to me!
Naruto looked into Sasuke's eyes, trusting him to know the answers, trusting him to guide him through this. His eyelids drooped slightly as their heat rose. He pushed all other thought aside, wanting this, no matter what it was.

Sasuke planted less than tender kisses on Naruto's neck and collarbones, sucking hard enough to leave marks on his neck. Naruto buried his face in Sasuke's hair, smelling it and breathing heavily, causing him to sweat. He moved lower and sucked on one of Naruto's nipples, the slightest touch causing it to stand erect. Naruto let out a small moan as Sasuke sucked and nipped at it. The younger ninja's hips went slamming upward as Sasuke traced the line down the center of his stomach with his tongue. Naruto was slick with sweat, in a state of bliss as Sasuke's mouth came in contact with Naruto's length. He let out a low moan as he lapped up the pre-come like a kitten. Sasuke let out a hoarse laugh, thinking 'With all the sounds he makes, I could let go right now!' He began squeezing Naruto's member with one hand, and giving his long-forgotten member a few squeezes as well. Sasuke crawled back up, locking Naruto in place with his arms on either side. 'Nowhere to go now, dobe.' he thought as he pressed himself against Naruto, feeling the friction between the two erect members coming in contact. He moved up and down, making Naruto squirm beneath him, nearly at his peak. With Sasuke nearing his own, he breathed into Naruto's ear.
"I want you to say my name. Say it as you come." Naruto could only manage a nod, feeling close to letting loose. Sasuke picked up speed, urging the moment on. At last, they both let loose on each other, Naruto screaming his name. Sasuke lowered himself onto Naruto, feeling the wave of pleasure that swept over him, smiling at his lover. Naruto pecked Sasuke on the lips and smiled so sweetly,
"Thank you, Sasuke-kun." Sasuke blushed at this, holding his lover close, both sticky and needing to be washed.
"You're welcome, Naruto-kun." Those words had never been said outside of their dreams before that morning. They lay together, falling asleep in the mid-morning, caring not about the time, but for each other. As sleep fell over the lovers, Naruto whispered, "I'm yours, Sasuke. I'm yours 'till the day I die." Sasuke didn't reply, but Naruto knew he felt the same way.
20. The Blossoms Emerge, Full Bloom by Hardofheart
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not and never will own Naruto.
This chapter is rather short, but of course, all good things must come to an end. Comments are appreciated!
"..Sasuke.." a voice whispered into his ear. Sasuke's eyes snapped open.
"Sasuke?" Naruto asked, "How about we get cleaned up?" Sasuke breathed a sigh of relief. 'It was only Naruto. He thought back to the time when Naruto was still the annoying ball of energy, and he realized one thing: it was his voice all along.'
"Sure, dobe." He grinned and affectionately tugged at his hair.

The couple meandered into the hallway, and climbed into the shower, only after squabbling for space first. They both washed up and cleaned themselves, sharing the same space. Sasuke backed against the side wall and faced Naruto, who stood in front of the shower curtain, both under the spray.
"Sasuke, do you remember our first 'real' kiss?" Naruto asked quietly.
"How could I forget?" Sasuke said softly, running his fingers through Naruto's hair. Naruto looked up into Sasuke's eyes, drawing him close in a gentle embrace. Sasuke gazed back and their lips met, kissing softly and gently as their younger selves did beneath the meteor shower on that night when their love blossomed in the dark.

Owari
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=1489