Shizu Aburame by mst88
Summary: Nano users are rare, a female Nano user even rarer, so when one is born an arranged marriage is set for the future heir of the Aburame clan, Shino. So when Shizu gets the news her marriage will be soon she wants to see her future husband.
Categories: Het Romance > Fluff, OC-centric Characters: Clan Aburame, Hinata Hyuuga, Kiba Inuzuka, Kurenai Yuuhi, Shino Aburame
Genres: Romance
Warnings: OOC
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 12044 Read: 8344 Published: 01/10/13 Updated: 20/01/14
Story Notes:
Story I decided to write after hearing Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner since it reminded me of Shino lol.

Hope everybody continues to enjoy Shizu and Shinos story as it unfolds. OOC warning, just incase

1. Future Husband by mst88

2. First Look by mst88

3. Welcome To My World by mst88

4. In Shino’s Stead by mst88

5. A Deadly Aburame Indeed by mst88

6. And So It Begins by mst88

7. Count Down by mst88

8. Epilogue by mst88

Future Husband by mst88
Author's Notes:
Shizu wants to meet Shino.
Shizu crouched on a tree branch watching the team that was in the field training. Even though there were three people on the team that were currently sending weapons and insect attacks at the lone female of their group, Shizu’s focus was on just one of them and she was dress similarly to him. She wore a high collared, long black coat with a red sash around her waist with red mesh leggings underneath with black ninja sandals. A heavy breeze blew causing her black bangs to obscure the view through her red sunglasses.

Shizu knew Muta Aburame, her caretaker would be furious with her if he knew where she was. Muta had given her strict orders not to leave the Aburame compound. It had yet to be six months since she had learned to control the insects living under her skin.

Unlike the normal Parasitic Beetle that the Aburame clan usually hosted in their bodies, her body hosted Nano-sized, Venomous Beetles. Since her ability was so rare, it had made her a perfect match for the future leader of the Aburame clan and that was whom she was currently watching.

Shizu remembered all to well the news Muta had dropped on her earlier that week. Now that she had complete control over the Nano beetles, the announcement of her arranged marriage would occur and then in a week’s time she and Shino Aburame would wed.

Shizu knew nothing of Shino; this was the first real look she had been able to get of her future husband. She was hoping for a spark of some feeling when she saw him but there was nothing. Of course, she had only seen the back of him.

One of the other times she had been able to sneak away from the compound recently, Shizu had found two girls around her age arguing over who loved a boy more. The feelings they had been talking about were beyond her but she wanted to know what they were like.

Shizu wasn’t sure if it had anything to do with being a Nano host but she had a tendency to show more emotions than those of the Aburame clan should. Which having grown up in Muta’s care, Shizu should be as indifferent and silent as anybody of the Aburame clan.

If she had been a normal Aburame host then Shizu would have been able to attend the Hidden Leaf Village Academy with Shino but due to the threat and harm of the Nano, Shizu was not allowed to attend. Instead she was trained and taught by Muta and Shibi Aburame, the clan leader and her future father-in-law

“Okay Team let’s break for the day.” The long black haired kunoichi spoke, who had been standing off to the side watching. “I think your jutsu is coming along perfectly Hinata.”

Shizu turned to look at the female whose dome of chakra slowly dissolved, Hinatas cheeks started to turn pink, which Shizu found curious. “Thank you Kurenai Sensei.”

“I’ll see you three tomorrow.” Shizu watched as their Sensei disappeared.

“Your determination is showing in your ability, Hinata.” Shino added putting his hands in the pockets of his hooded jacket that hung down to his knees. As Shino turned, Shizu noticed that the hood and high-collared long black shirt obstructed his face, as did his wrap around sunglasses and forehead protector. Shino then walked away from his team.

Shizu watched as a huge white dog raced over to put its front paws on the tree trunk below, barking up at her.

Of course it’s a ninja hound, Shizu stared down at the dog unfazed by it‘s large size.

“Kiba, I think Akamaru has something corned in a tree again?” Hinatas soft voice called to a man with messy brown hair, sharp black eyes who was standing beside her.

“What do you have this time boy?” Brown haired Kiba with a black forehead protector walked closer to the tree.

Jumping effortlessly to the ground beside the dog, Shizu got a good look at Kiba in his black leather form-fitting jacket and pants.

“I’m not a something as you can see.” Shizu pointed out putting her own hands in her pockets. “My name is Shizu of the Aburame clan.”

“Um, yeah we could have guessed that you were one of the Aburame clan.” Kiba commented with a sarcastic look but he smiled. “You’re dressed just like Shino, but you are a hell of a lot cuter.”

“I-If you’re looking for Shino he just left.” Hinata pointed out with a sad expression. “Are you a relative of his?”

“In a round-about way, I wanted to meet my future husband.” Shizu notified them flatly. From the look on their faces, Shizu’s statement brought a number of emotions she didn’t recognize from Kiba and Hinata.

“You are going to marry bug boy?” Kiba shouted his voice full of shock and horror. “On purpose?” Akamaru whined his response.

“S-Shino didn’t mention anything t-to us about him getting married.” Hinata stammered in shock.

“I only recently found out myself, so I came out here to see him for the first time.” Shizu informed them.

“How come we haven’t seen you before? You look the same age as us but I don’t remember you from the Academy?” Kiba asked leaning slightly towards her as if to get a better view. “I would have remembered seeing somebody as cute as you.”

“I’ve been kept at my clan’s compound.” Shizu decided to keep her inability to control her Nano beetles to herself, for some reason it scared people that weren‘t of her clan.

“So you and Shino must have fallen deeply in love if you decided to get married.” Hinata smiled with a wishful expression.

“Um Hinata did you miss the part where she told us she came here to see him for the first time.” Kiba reminded Hinata shaking his head. “You have to forgive Hinata; the love of her life has been gone for the past few years.”

Shizu nodded as if she understood but she didn’t, the reaction from Hinata was her cheeks turning red. “I haven’t met Shino formally yet. Our first face-to-face meeting won’t be until the announcement in front of the Hokage. We‘ll be married a week after.”

“Does Shino even know you exist?” Kiba asked in complete shock. “Isn’t it all that kind of sudden?”

“It would have happened sooner but I wasn’t ready.” Shizu was glad for her sunglasses so they couldn’t see the failure in her eyes. “Shino has known for many years that he’s to be married but I don’t think he knows it’s me, besides we‘re already behind on creating an heir to the clan.”

“You two haven’t even met and you’re expected to . . . right away?” Hinata couldn’t say any more as her face turned completely red again. “W-We have to do something Kiba!”

“Hinata, as heir to the Hyuga clan you know arranged marriages happen, we can’t stop it.” Kiba reminded her in a serious tone.

“We’ll just have to get them to fall in love with each other then.” Hinata looked from Kiba to Shizu with determination. “What if you two meet before the announcement, is that breaking a rule?”

“I don’t know. I mean the chances of us meeting at the clan compound are high.” Shizu thought for a few minutes. “I don’t usually leave it at all; coming here was only my second time.”

“Try to see if you can leave, even if it means you have to sneak here again.” Hinata advised smiling. “Since Shino will be here tomorrow you can see him then.”

“Good luck with actually seeing him, you Aburame sure do like to keep covered.” Kiba commented and gave Shizu a wide grin. “In your case it leaves a lot to the imagination Shizu.”

“I better go before Muta notices that I’m gone.” Shizu excused herself before hopping back up into the tree she had been sitting in to watch.

~*~

Shizu managed to creep over the Aburame compound wall she had originally escaped over with no problem. Quietly opening the door she ran smack into Muta who stood with his arms crossed frowning down at her. Having removed his customary long sleeved light tan jacket with the high collar, he was now wearing the regular long sleeve dark blue shirt and pants of the Hidden Leaf Shinobi. He also had removed his sunglasses showing his soft brown eyes, which weren’t looking so soft at that moment.

“Shizu, why did you leave the compound?” Muta demanded to know.

“I went to see Shino, Muta. If I’m going to marry him, I at least wanted to see him first.” Shizu pointed out giving him a perplexed look.

“I find it interesting that you would start to become so curious, with your engagement coming up.” Muta nodded his head. “Not an emotion I’ve seen in you before.”

“Is it so wrong of me to be curious? I want to know what I’m getting into.” Shizu pointed out removing her ninja sandals. Hinatas words suddenly rang in her head. “Muta, now that I’ve got control over the Nano beetles can I go out into the village?”

“I don’t see why you can’t seeing as you‘ve already snuck out twice.” Muta answered turning to let her pass, unfolding his arms.

It was Shizu’s turn to blush, she now knew what that emotion was of Hinatas.

“What if I run into Shino? Does he even know who I am?” Shizu asked staring at her caretaker.

“Shino knows your name if that’s what you’re asking; he just doesn’t know what you look like. Does that really matter?” Muta asked giving Shizu a pointed look. “You are the first female of our clan to be able to use the Nano insects, so any heir you have will have be Parasitic-Nano Beetle host, a whole new breed of insect.”

“So learning to control the Nano beetles was more for the fact I don’t kill Shino the first time I touch him.” Shizu putting her hands back in her pockets.

“So you don’t kill anybody on accident Shizu. Being infected by the Nano is a very painful way to die and a very powerful weapon.” Muta corrected touching her cheek. “Since an antidote can be made to the poison, Shino will be safe. With you having the antibodies in your blood, that makes you and any children you have immune to the Nano poison. It was Shino who originally made the antidote when he found out he was to marry you.”

Muta walked away leaving her with that bit of information to chew on.

What am I suppose to make of that news? Shizu was in the dark about boys. Maybe with this plan of Hinatas she would find out and not be a disappointment to Shino. As she climbed into bed, the shrouded image of Shino came to mind and that’s what she fell asleep thinking about.
End Notes:
Final chapter I'll post tomorrow!
First Look by mst88
Author's Notes:
What happens when Shizu comes face to face with Shino?
Shizu got to the training ground early like Hinata had advised, sure enough she and Kiba with Akamaru were waiting for her at the gate.

“Shino isn’t here yet but should be soon, so we’ll just wait here for him.” Hinata smiled brightly leaning against the fence.

Moments later Shino appeared with his hands in his pockets.

“Kiba, Hinata we should get going, Kurenai is probably waiting for us.” He advised in a deep voice as he continued walking through the gate.

Kiba and Hinata looked at Shizu with surprise and pity.

“I really didn’t think it was possible with his clan but either Shino just completely ignored you or he didn’t even notice you were then!” Kiba started laughing earning him a punch in the ribs from a visibly upset Hinata.

Shizu frowned, how could Shino have not seen her she was standing right next to Kiba. “Shino doesn’t know who I am by sight but he does know my name.”

“That’s it then Shizu!” Hinata clapped her hands looking overjoyed. “Shino ignored you because he doesn’t know what you look like. To him you’re just a girl, since he knows he’s getting married no other girl interests him!”

“Now that makes since Hinata!” Kiba chimed in nodding. “Yeah I would have pegged Shino to be that type of guy.” Akamaru barked happily in response. “Right now we better get to Kurenai before we get into trouble ourselves.”

Hinata linked her arm with Shizu taking her with them as they walked through the gate opening.

When the trio came into the clearing, Shino had his back to them but Kurenai could see them coming and smiled. “Who do we have here Hinata? A friend of yours coming to train with us?”

“I hope its okay Kurenai Sensei; this is Shizu of the Aburame clan.” Hinata couldn’t keep the big grin off her face.

Shizu thought she saw Shinos posture straighten at the sound of her name.

“Well it’s very nice to meet you Shizu.” Kurenai smiled bending slightly in welcome. “Is she a relative of yours Shino?”

Five pairs of eyes turned to Shino waiting for an answer. “Shizu is, umm, well you see she’s . . .,” Shino stumbled over his words, not bothering to look at her. “A very distant relative.”

Kiba started to laugh. “If that’s what you want to call it buddy.”

“So I assume you’re an insect user also Shizu?” Kurenai smiled warmly at her. “So will you be training with us today?”

“No she won’t be, Kurenai Sensei.” Shino spoke up before Shizu could answer, still not turning to look at her.

Kurenai looked from Shino to Shizu puzzled but nodded. “Um than okay, let’s get started then. I figured we’d work on practicing taijutsu today.”

Shizu stood under a tree with Akamaru as she watched team Kurenai practice, keeping her sun-glassed eyes riveted on Shino. Watching him move was stirring a feeling in her that she had never felt before. Shizu could feel her heart beating faster, she was having a hard time breathing, her legs gave out from under her, and Shizu hit the ground face first.

Hearing Akamaru whimper and whine loudly Shizu could feel the ground moving as the sound of running feet headed for her.

“Shizu are you okay?” She heard concern in Kurenais voice. “We should get her to the village hospital.”

“No, I’ll take her back to the Aburame compound.” Shizu heard Shino state as he picked her up she could feel the muscles of his arm ripple under the layers of clothes.

“I hope it isn’t anything serious Shizu.” Hinata didn’t keep the concern out of her voice.

Once they were out of the training grounds Shizu felt Shino transfer her to ride piggyback putting her arms around his neck. With Shinos hands holding her thighs, he started to walk towards their clan compound. Shizu felt like an over cooked Udon noodle, limp with no strength.

“Are you going to be this big of a problem once we’re married?” Shino muttered softly, though it was loud enough for Shizu to hear.

Shizu heart was still racing as they approached Muta house, Shino let himself in, closing the door with his foot.

“Muta, Muta are you here?” Shino called his voice the only noise in the house. Walking over to the couch Shino carefully slid Shizu off his back. “Are you feeling any better?”

Shizu closed her eyes as she laid back on the couch; opening them to see Shino had knelt on the floor beside the couch. His sun glassed, clothing obscured face so close to hers. Shizu’s heart continued to beat even faster as did her breathing. Shizu felt him remove her ninja sandals, since there was no way she could speak to Shino, she grabbed his hand placing it over her heart, flattening her breast in the process.

The quickness that Shino had pulled his hand away surprised and disappointed Shizu. Surprised her in the since that he had asked if she was feeling better, disappointing her because of the tingle that coursed through her body.

“Um, I-I’m sure Muta will be home soon, so I’ll be leaving.” Shino stammered as he stood, backing away from the couch and Shizu.

Shizu sat up as Shino retreated to the front door.

“Please stay Shino, don’t ignore me any more.” Shizu pleaded dropping her head, her black hair curtaining her face as another tear slipped down her cheek. Feeling the couch cushion shift, Shizu looked up as Shino pushed her hair away from her face.

“Why did you come looking for me?” Shino asked his black sunglasses stared at her. “You would have seen me in a few days at the announcement.”

“I-I wanted to see you, to know what I was getting into.” Shizu confessed no reason to hide anything from him at this point. “I also wanted to see if I felt anything for you when I saw you.” Shizu looked at him shyly

“I don’t feel anything for you Shizu.” Shino stated flatly, Shizu felt as if the air had evaporated from the room as she fell back on to the couch.

Their marriage was going to be for the sake of the clan and not be complicated with emotions. Shizu felt a tear trickle down her cheek and hid her face in her high collar.

“Shizu look at me.” Shinos voice was firm but held a gentleness to it. Shizu did as Shino asked. Shino raised his hands to her face to grasp her sunglasses.

Shizu’s heart start to beat rapidly again, she clinched her eyes closed when she felt her sunglasses leave her face. Having your sunglasses removed by another was the equivalent of having your clothes removed.

“I asked you to look at me Shizu; I don’t want to demand it as your future husband.” Shinos deep voice was still firm.

Shizu slowly opened her eyes, instantly she heard Shino intake his breath in surprise. Unlike others of the Aburame clan, she had her mother’s eyes, a dark mossy green color, not the dark eyes of her father. Turning her head, away Shizu closed her eyes again.

Shizu’s skin tingled when Shinos fingers gently grasped her chin to turn it back towards him. Shizu opened her eyes to see that Shino had removed his jacket hood revealing dark, bushy, brown hair above his Hidden Leaf forehead protector.

“I said I don’t feel anything for you,” Shino repeated. “That is unless I’m around you Shizu. When my Father told me I was to marry you, I sought you out years ago. I‘ve kept my eyes on you since then but I‘ve also kept my distance for a reason. I feel myself start to lose control when I get to close to you.”

Shizu watched as Shino unhooked his black collared shirt down to his chest, to reveal a strong jaw and chin. Shizu gulped as she sat up reaching for Shinos black wrap around sunglasses. Slipping her hands on either side of his face, Shizu slowly slid his black glasses off showing a pair of narrow dark eyes that were staring at her intensely.

“Kiss me Shino?” Shizu asked finally finding her voice unable to look away from his intense gaze.

Shino slowly leaned towards Shizu as she leaned towards him.

“Did I mention that your eyes just happen to be my favorite color?” Shino whispered just before his soft warm lips touched hers, giving Shizu what she had asked.

Slowly Shizu’s arms snaked their way around Shinos neck, she wanted the kiss to go on forever.
End Notes:
Well that's it, just a fluffy little Shino piece lol, that is continuing . . .
Welcome To My World by mst88
Author's Notes:
Shino is still a mystery to Shizu, maybe those around him can shed some light on her husband to be.
I wanted to add that it's purely speculation on my part, from what I have been able to research on the Aburame clan and IRL cultures as to the reason for the sunglasses and attire.
The knock on the front door caused Shizu to hurry, holding her red sash in her hand, she was still in the process of getting dressed when the interruption occurred. Muta had left already to prepare for the mission he was leaving on that morning, so she was curious as to who it was.

“Yes,” Shizu asked opening the door to reveal Shino standing on the other side. “S-Shino, what are you doing here?”

“I-I came by to let you know I was going to be leaving on the mission with Muta and my Dad.” Shino stated, his sun glassed eyes looking down into her mossy green ones.

Shizu gave him a curious look. “So why are you telling me Shino?”

“I-I’m trying to get into the habit of doing so. Won’t you find it curious for me to just disappear for days at a time once we’re married?” Shino cocked his head to the side. “Or would you even notice I wasn’t there?

Shizu nodded in understanding. “I would notice, I’m sure Shino.”

After their kiss a few days before, Shizu would certainly miss that feeling as she has since that day.

“I asked Kurenai if you could fill in for me on her team, she was more than willing to let you. Of course if and when they train, you can’t use the Nano just use the Parasitic Insects.” Shino started to explain. “Hinata may seem shy but she is very strong and watch out for Kiba, he can be . . . impulsive.”

Shizu let a smile spread across her lips, it occurring to her that Shino was trying to introduce his world into hers, to help her become comfortable in his life and with the people he interacted with. Wasn’t that what people did when they cared about each other? She would certainly have to ask Hinata when she saw her again, she would most likely know.

Shino turned away to leave, Shizu felt slightly disappointed as her smile turned into a frown, she had been hoping he would kiss her again.
“Oh, before I forget,” Shino turned back to face her, her smile returning as she leaned towards him. “I won’t be back until the day of our announcement.” He then walked away.

Leaving Shizu standing in the doorway feeling sad and alone.

~*~

Shizu walked towards the practice area that she had first seen Shino and his team at, her hands in her pockets face hidden behind the high collar of her long black coat, very glad for her dark sunglasses which hid her red rimmed eyes. She had thought after the kiss she and Shino had shared, they would at least kiss once again but that didn’t seem like the case. Shizu had enjoyed the kiss, enjoyed it a lot and she wanted to do it again, instead it had become one of her favorite memories.

Shizu could hear Kiba shouting and Akamaru barking before she entered the clearing. Standing by a tree she watched the tall man dressed in black frolicking in the clearing with the huge white dog.

Every time the huge white dog tackled the man Shizu would finch but Kiba would just laugh. The dog suddenly sniffed the air, turned to start running in her direction. Looking behind her Shizu wondered if a small animal had caught the dogs attention.

Too late Shizu realized that the dog was coming after her, Akamarus front paws hit her square in the chest, knocking her flat against the ground, a wet tongue covering her face with dog saliva.

“Akamaru what are you doing?” Kiba could be heard shouting as he ran up on the scene. “What did you find?” Kiba’s face appeared over the fluffy white dog, a look of amusement.

Akamaru bark happily as he sat back on his hind legs to show Kiba what he had found.

Shizu remained laying on the ground not sure what to think of the situation.

“I’m really sorry Shizu, Akamaru seems to forget he isn’t a puppy any more but he sure does seem to like you.” Kiba kneeled down next to her. “He didn’t hurt you did he?”

“If that’s what he does when he likes somebody, then I’d hate to see what he does to people he doesn’t.” Shizu commented as she pushed herself to a sitting position.

Kiba snickered as he stood up, holding out his hand to her. Shizu looked at his outstretched appendage, she had never touched anyone that wasn’t of her clan and the thought made her slightly uncomfortable.

“I’m not going to bite Shizu, I‘m just trying to be helpful.” Kiba wiggled his fingers at her. Shizu slowly placed her small hand into Kiba’s lager one, his fingers curling around it. With a jerk of his arm, Shizu was pulled to her feet, the distinct clank of metal against metal echoed around the area as their forehead protectors hit against each other.

“Ow, ow, ow I guess you’re lighter than you look.” Kiba cried releasing her hand to cover his head.

Shizu rubbed her own forehead with a lot less dramatics. “You could have been a little more gentler Kiba.”

Unzipping her coat to her neck, she untied the red sash from around her waist. Turning her back to Kiba she slipped her sunglasses off, then proceeded to wipe her face clean of dog drool. Hearing a whine from the giver, Shizu turned towards Akamaru giving the dog a pat on the head reassuring him that it was nothing personal.

Slipping her sunglasses back on she turned back to Kiba who was looking at her amused. “You know I’ve always wondered why you Aburame keep your eyes covered? Shino always ignores me when I ask.”

“I simple terms since we live in unity with our insect hosts, it’s just our way of showing our humility to them.” Shizu explained, condensing the hour long explanation Muta had given her.

“Hi Kiba, Shizu so great to see you again and thank you for stepping in for Shino.” The dark haired Kurenai smiled warmly at her. “I look forward to getting to know you better.”

Shizu liked the kunoichi the first time she had met her, she seemed to truly care about her team members.

“What do you mean, stepping in for Shino?” Kiba looked from his Sensei to Shizu surprised.

Kurenai looked at Shizu with an arched eyebrow, conveying that if she was going to marry Shino, she was expected to explain where her husband was.

“Shino is currently on a mission with Shibi and Muta, he won’t be back for a few days.” Shizu explained, glancing at Kurenai who nodded her head slightly.

“Isn’t that announcement suppose to be made in a few days?” Kiba asked his dark eyes very interested. “Cutting it kind of close isn’t he?”

“Kiba,” Kurenai said his name with a hint of warning to it. “That is Aburame Clan business, stay out of it.”

Shizu wasn’t sure what was going on between the two but she was getting a feeling there was something underlying going on. “Regardless if the announcement is made, Shino and I will still be wed Kiba, so no need to worry on our part. The announcement for the Hokage is just a formality, to let her know that the heir to the Clan is taking a wife and that the Aburame will continue to help support and protect the village.”

“Shizu,” A soft voice called to her happily. “I saw Shino leaving the village with his Father and your Guardian, are they off on a mission together?” Hinata joined her team with a huge smile.

“It’s nice to see you again, yes Shino is off on a mission.” Shizu answered trying to keep the sorrow out of her voice.

Kurenai cleared her throat, announcing that their daily training session was going to begin. “We’re going to continue with the Taijutsu that we’ve been working on. While using ninjutsu is fine, there will be times when it can’t be used like in small enclosed areas. Shizu, Shino informed me that you were trained by Shibi and Muta?”

“Yes Kurenai that is true. I must confess that I’m not a Taijutsu user, the closer an enemy gets to me the better in my case.” Shizu wasn’t sure if she should tell the Jonin about her Nano use or not.

The woman placed a hand on her shoulder giving her a smile.

“Shino has explained quite a bit about your abilities, Shizu.” Kurenai leaned closer to whisper in her ear. “He cares very much about not wanting you to feel out of place. Shino and I had a very long talk about you, I can tell that he regrets having to leave so soon after your first meeting. You have made a very big impression on him Shizu.”

As Kurenai talked, Shizu’s face remained unemotional but her mossy colored eyes grew wide behind her sunglasses as her heart started beating very fast.

“Thank you Kurenai.” She whispered, unable to say any more.
End Notes:
A new chapter will be forth coming, keep an eye out for it!
In Shino’s Stead by mst88
Author's Notes:
Since I originally had this story finished, it's going to take me a little longer to write a chapter. With the Aburame clans unique personality, I need time to think of how Shino and Shizu would handle certain situations.
If a week or two pass with no update, I am still working on it!
A knock at the door brought Shizu running from her room yet again, the thought of Shino being on the other side of the door; back early from his mission started her heart beating out of her chest. Quickly she finished zipping up her black coat, knowing that Shino liked her eye color Shizu purposely left her sunglasses off, smiling as her hand turned the doorknob.

Shizu’s mouth hung open as her mossy colored eyes widened at seeing Kiba standing in the doorway, his own face showing his surprise at seeing her without the red-rimmed sunglasses.

“Wow, who knew you had such beautiful eyes hiding behind those dark sunglasses Shizu, has Shino seen those?” Kiba’s own dark eyes drank in the rare sight.

Fumbling in her coat pocket for her sunglasses, Shizu almost poked herself in the eye as she hurried to slip them on. She watched as a knowing smile spread across his lips. “W-Why are you here Kiba?”

Grinning widely, Kiba put a hand on either side of the door opening. “We have a mission, Kurenai wanted to let you know so you could prepare, I volunteered since Hinata hadn‘t showed up yet, now I’m glad I did.”

“Thank you Kiba, where are we meeting?” Shizu asked trying to hurry him out of there, it was only then that she realized Akamaru wasn’t with him. “Where is your companion?”

Jerking his thumb over his shoulder Kiba indicated the direction. “I left him at the compound entrance; I should probably hurry back to him, meet us at the South-west gate.”

With a final grin Kiba pushed himself from the doorway as Shizu closed it, leaning against the door, Shizu felt like she needed to catch her breath. Interacting with Kiba one-on-one always left her confused and slightly agitated, Shizu had no clue why.

Maybe she could ask Hinata, since she was the only female she felt comfortable talking to about boys and who better than his teammate to explain Kiba to her.

After she finished dressing, Shizu grabbed the travel pack from the hook behind her door, filling it with a tent scroll, two blankets, a spare set of clothes and dried food. Closing the door to the house, Shizu headed for the South-west gate.

~*~

As she walked towards the gate, a smiling Hinata joined Shizu. The long dark blue haired woman seemed genuinely happy to see her.

“Hi Shizu, it’s really great that you’ll be going with us, n-not t-that h-having S-Shino g-gone is g-good . . .” The young woman’s stutters trailed off.

“I understand what you’re trying to say Hinata.” Shizu reassured the woman, as they approached the rest of Team 8.

Shizu stood with her hands in her pockets, listening to what their mission was to be escorting an expensive gift from a council member to the Feudal Lord.

“It’s a simple mission, so there should be no problems, we should be back to the village in a day or two.” Kurenai smiled as she turned her red eyes to Shizu, relaying that she would be home when Shino was to return.

~*~

Shizu walked next to Hinata as Kiba and Akamaru scouted ahead, they had been walking for most of the day, having stopped for lunch not long ago, Shizu figured it was as good a time as any to ask about Kiba.

“Hinata, how well do you know Kiba?” Shizu asked keeping her covered eyes on the path ahead of them.

“Well I’ve known Kiba and Shino since we started attending the Academy together.” Hinata answered, giving Shizu a sideways glance. “Why do you ask?”
Shizu thought for a minute as to how she could word what she wanted to know. “Kiba’s behavior is very perplexing to me. I’ve never met anybody like him before; I’m not sure how to react.”

Hinata smiled. “What do you mean?”

“Well, when he came by the Aburame Compound to inform me about this mission, he kept grinning at me, especially after he caught me without my sunglasses on.” Shizu answered unconsciously touching them.

Pink started to tinge Hinatas cheeks, Shizu knew Hinata would know what was going on although she wasn’t sure she wanted to know by the blue haired woman’s reaction.

“I think the fact that Kiba has never met you, has him intrigued. You may not realize it but the Aburame are very mysterious and solitary compared to the other clans of the village.” Hinata explained. “Knowing Shino for as long as we have, we’ve perceived the Aburame to be like him, and then you turned that theory on its head.”

Shizu pursed her lips together; did she not act like an Aburame? Muta had said that certain aspects of her personality must be unique to Nano users.

Hinata grabbed Shizu’s shoulder, a distressed look on her innocent face. “I-I d-don’t m-mean t-to imply t-that y-you a-aren’t a-an Aburame, Shizu!”

“I know I’m of the Aburame Clan, both of my parents were.” Shizu pointed out.

Hinata started to laugh which to Shizu reminded of her of the tinkling of bells. “I meant that you have a unique personality and compliment Shino’s nicely.”

Shizu felt her cheeks warm up, knowing she was blushing again not out of embarressment but pleasure this time.

“So what were you saying about Kiba?” Hinata asked getting back to the subject, Shizu originally asked.

“Well I’m not sure I can find a word for it, I feel unsettled I guess.” Shizu glanced at Hinata out of the corner of her eye, giving her an unobstructed view of the woman, who looked to be thinking.

“Did Shino say anything about Kiba?” Hinata asked as her hands hovered in front of her mouth.

“Just that he was impulsive.” She answered, still keeping an eye on her.

“Kiba does have a strong personality, since you’re so use to being around your own clan I could see where he would leave you feeling that way.” Hinata dropped her hands as she nodded. “Yes I’m sure that’s it.”

Shizu pondered what Hinata had said, true there was nobody in the Aburame Clan like Kiba. She nodded her head in agreement. “That must be it Hinata, thank you for your help.”

~*~

When the sky started to show signs of pink and orange, Kurenai called for a halt when they came upon a small clear not far from the road where they could stay for the night.

“Kiba can you and Akamaru do a quick look to see if there is any place to get some fresh water?” Kurenai asked before turning to Hinata and Shizu.

“Come on Boy, let’s go!” Kiba shouted as he and Akamaru ran off into the tree line, noses sniffing the air.

“Hinata, why don’t you help me with the tent? Shizu, Shino usually lays down a perimeter with his insects. We’re still in the Land of Fire but that wouldn’t stop a rogue ninja or even a spy from dispatching a squad of Shinobi if given the chance.”

“How wide of a perimeter should I make?” Shizu suddenly felt clueless, as she had never been on a mission before. Muta and Shibi had taught her how control the Nano and Parasitic Insects even how to fight, obviously learning about missions was something left for the Academy. “I’m sorry about my inexperence Kurenai?” She bowed slightly in apology.

“No need to apologize Shizu, it’s understandable. You didn’t have the luxury of attending the Academy.” The older woman smiled at her. “Just think about a possible enemy. What would be the best distance to give us enough time to prepare if we were attacked and use the answer for the distance?”

Shinzu smiled knowing what Kurenai was doing, the woman was going to give her a crash course in survivel training while on their mission, and she appreciated Kurenai’s efforts more than the woman knew. Shizu decided to lay a perimeter at twenty meters, that way any passerby’s on the road or even three meters off would not trigger it. Raising her arms, Shizu watched as the swarm of bugs headed off into the forest.

“Hey Kurenai, we found a river about fifteen meters to the south, almost running parallel to the road.” Kiba informed the group as he rode into camp on the back of Akamaru, giving the dog a pat on the head as he climbed off.

“It’s well within the perimeter I set, so we can access it with no problem.” Shizu spoke up.

Kurenai nodded, sending her black hair tumbling over her shoulder. “Very good Shizu, Kiba. How about we eat and then turn in so we can get an early start in the morning?”

“Why don’t you three take the tent while Akamaru and I stay out here?” Seeing Hinata about to protest, Kiba held up his hands. “It’s no big deal Hinata, Akamaru and I have spent plenty of nights sleeping outside in village. Besides we like it don’t we boy?”

Akamaru gave a hearty bark in agreement.
End Notes:
I know Shino wasn't in this chapter, he will be returning soon.
A Deadly Aburame Indeed by mst88
Author's Notes:
Happy Thanksgiving to those in the USA tomorrow! My favorite holiday.
Kurenai’s Squad was underway before sunrise, ensuring they would reach the city of the Feudal Lord that night, still an acceptable time. But the earlier they arrived the better it would look in the Feudal Lords eyes.

The only rough patch of the mission they hit was when Kiba insisted on carrying the crated gift.

“Are you implying that I don’t have the physical strength to carry the object Kiba?” Shizu asked, her mouth set in a firm line. Kurenai decided based on abilities that it would make more sense that Shizu carry it since it wouldn’t inhibit her if there was a fight.

Kiba’s slotted dark eyes narrowed. “In a word, yes I am Shizu! How much physical training have you had?”

Shizu knew Kiba did have a point but it wasn’t like the crated item weighed much of anything to begin with. “What good would it be for you to scout ahead if you carried the item? You’d be an easy target for any bandit or robber . . .”

Shizu could hear Kiba grumbling under his breath about him being the leader.

“Alright you two.” Kurenai waved her hands as she stepped in between the two. “Shizu does have a point Kiba, it’s best if she carries it as she is a multi-range fighter. Or would you rather have her take lead and you stay with us?”

Shizu could see Kiba’s jaw muscle moving as if he was actually chewing the choice over.

“Fine she can carry it, I really do need to scout ahead of us anyway; it’d just get in my way.” Kiba stated as he and Akamaru walked to the front of their group.

Shizu was about to point out that his decision had been what Kurenai originally suggested in the first place when the older woman placed a hand on her arm, stopping her.

“Let Kiba think that it was his idea, it’s alright with me.” Kurenai smiled warmly, the dynamics of this squad left Shizu shaking her head, most likely because she was the outsider and they had been together for years.

Shizu decided to do what Kurenai suggested, maybe it was a male behavior trait, the need to be the leader? She’d just have to ask Hinata later as she handed her friend her travel pack to carry as she slipped the straps of the small crate over her shoulders onto her back.

~*~

Shizu had to marvel at the sky when the sunset, in the village she hadn’t paid much attention to the colored clouds that stretched across the darkening blue but during this mission she had taken notice, it made her wonder if Shino ever had taken an interest.

Shizu realized how much Shino was still unknown to her and it made her sad. They would both return from their respective missions on the same day as their meeting with the Hokage, then in a weeks time before their marriage, they would be allowed to actually spend time with each other, if there were no missions to take Shino away, that is.

The thought of being alone with Shino made her anxious in numerous ways, as her mind wandered back to their first kiss.

“Hey Kurenai Sensei, I’ve picked up a number of strange smells.” Kiba reported from the ground as Shizu, Kurenai and Hinata made their way from tree limb to tree limb.

“I expected as much but really didn’t think it would be only a few hours from the Feudal Lords city.” Kurenai commented a kunai appeared in her hand.

Shizu flexed her fingers, feeling the minute insect feet on her arms as she released some of her female Parasitic Insects to find who was laying in wait for them.

Two flash bombs went off a few meters in front from them causing all four of them to stop in their tracks. With the light going off coupled that it was dark, their vision was temporary blinded. Shizu was glad in the since her sunglasses had blocked most of the bright light. Her insects wouldn’t have a problem with the light either, raising her arms Shizu sent out two large swarm of males to locate the females that a had found some of the enemy.

More flash bombs went off, whoever was attacking them certainly was smart to use such tactics. Shizu knew that her abilities and Kiba’s would put their team at an advantage since they didn’t rely on the their eye as much to attack.

Screams could be heard over the roar of a paper bomb that was being set off to try and keep Shizu separated from the rest of her squad, which she was doing an anyway. It was obvious to her that her insects had done their job and were on the move to the next enemy.

Shedding the crate straps so she could slip her arms out of her coat, her bare skin instantly prickled as the cooler evening air hit it. Shizu replaced the item, moving it to the front of her as her red sash kept her coat from sliding down her hips any farther. Purposely she hopped onto another tree limb away from the rest of her squad, she couldn’t risk them coming into contact with herself or an infected enemy.

Her insects returned to inform her that at least two of the enemy were coming up on her. Knowing that she couldn’t release the Nano until they had retreated back into her body, Shizu hastened them to move or the Nano would kill them upon contact.

Standing on the tree limb Shizu waited for the enemy to catch up to her, trying not to shiver in the cool evening air since she was standing exposed except for the sleeveless mesh top she wore.

“We’ll take that.” A voice growled as she felt two pairs of calloused hands grab her arms, Shizu imminently released the Nano from just below her skin, giving it a purple tone.

The men released her as they howled in pain before falling to the ground below. Hopping to the ground herself, Shizu watched as the Nano venom spread over both of the men’s bodies, poisoning their cells. Once their agonizing screams stopped, Shizu knew they were dead. Reaching into her tool pouch at her hip, she pulled a handful of light sticks out, shaking them to illuminate the small area.

Shizu heard the crunch of feet on the forest floor heading towards her. Slipping the crate off again she quickly replaced her coat, zipping it as Kurenai, Hinata, Kiba and Akamaru appeared through the trees.

“Stay back everyone!” Shizu raised her voice holding her hands out to them. “Don’t touch the bodies until I reabsorb the Nano.”

“What the hell?” Kiba shouted at seeing the bodies with purple skin that moved on it’s own, in the eerie green light.

“So this is the what the Nano Venom does? Shino had told me about it but actually seeing it at work is something else.” Kurenai replied with a touch of admiration in her voice.

“The Nano are still active until I retrieve them, so don’t come near until I say so.” Shizu cautioned again placing a finger on each body, as the Nano returned to her.

Shizu picked up a few light sticks, checking to make sure the bodies were indeed clear.

“We’re about to have back up Kurenai.” Kiba chuckled, giving a hint of amusement that help wasn‘t necessary and to late.

It only made sense that Shinobi from the city would arrive to check out what the disturbance had been. The flash bombs were certainly enough to cause those on watch to be dispatched immediately.

“Kurenai what happened here?” A deep accented, familiar voice asked as he entered the small clearing.

Shizu turned, bowing slightly at the new arrival.

“Shibi.” She greeted as she spied Muta and Shino appear behind him.

“Seems that we were targeted by robbers, about eight of them.” Kurenai informed him. “For her first mission Shizu did very well, killing at least four of them herself.”

Shizu looked at Kurenai puzzled, if she wasn’t capable of defeating an enemy or protecting her comrades she would not have been allowed out of the compound, let alone the village.

“Of course.” Was Shibi Aburame’s reply. “Continue with your mission Kurenai, we’ll clean up here, Shinobi from the city will be arriving shortly.”

Shizu watched as Shino came to stand beside her, his fingers brushed hers as he took the light sticks out of her hand causing her to shiver involuntarily.

“Are you okay?” His deep voice seemed to ask right in her ear before he crouched down to examine one of the bodies.

“Y-Yes.” Shizu managed to answer as her heart started to beat faster at his touch.

“Shizu, come on, we have a mission to finish!” Kiba’s voice distracted her.

“Y-Yes, I-I’m coming.” She stuttered, still enjoying the warm impression left by Shino’s touch. Distractedly, Shizu picked up the strap of the crate, swinging the lightweight object over her shoulder with more force then she intended. With an audible grunt Shino quickly leaned to the opposite side as the box whistled past coming close to hitting him in the side of the head in it‘s upward movement.

Hearing Kiba snickering at her near attempt to smack her future husband in the head, Shizu felt her face become instantly hot as she looked wide-eyed at her guardian and future father-in-law, who’s heads turned in her direction but showed no emotion. Hiding the lower half of her face, Shizu quickly made her way through the tree line, Kiba following close behind her still snickering.

Shizu felt a hand placed on the sleeve of her coat, glancing to her left she saw Hinata with a sympathetic smile and in the moonlight, a blush covering her cheeks.
End Notes:
I have the next chapter partially done but not sure if I like it or not, writer's block maybe. *shrug* It will get done I promise!
And So It Begins by mst88
Author's Notes:
Sorry this has taken so long to update, I have been dealing with various illnesses(nothing serious)since the beginning of December. I'm pretty much on the mend with just a stuffy nose and being tired right now. So enjoy the chapter.
Shizu was glad when the residence of the Feudal Lord came into view. When Kurenai asked for the crate, Shizu happily handed it over to her, glad to have the reminder gone. Kiba, Akamaru, Hinata and herself waited outside of the gate with the Shinobi guards glancing at them. Mostly at the female that was covered with a long black coat and wearing sunglasses in the dark, intrigued by the combination but the closeness of the man leaning against the huge white dog deterred them from talking to her.

After an hour, a visibly angered Kurenai appeared through the gate. None of them said a word, instead the trio followed closely behind the woman.

“Uh-oh.” Was all Kiba contributed breaking the silence.

By the time they arrived in front of an Inn, Kurenai had calmed down from whatever had originally angered her.

“Um, K-Kurenai S-Sensei, are y-you okay?” Hinata asked concern in her voice.

Picking up that her mood had to do with their mission Kiba also asked, “So what was in the crate?”

His question seemed to raise the anger level in her red eyes again. “We were attacked over a silver cat bowl.” Kurenai answered her teeth clinched as she tried to calm herself down again.

“Shinobi have been killed over less then that Kurenai.” Shibi Aburame’s voice answered.

“I am aware of that Shibi; I can’t help but get angry over the frivolousness.” Kurenai admitted, she then sighed. “Of course I wouldn’t be feeling this way if we hadn’t been attacked. A mission is a mission, and there are always risks involved no matter the ranking.”

Shizu couldn’t help but wonder if the robbers had realized that they had lost their lives over a food dish for a pet, what would make somebody risk their lives enough to attack four ninja? She shook her head slightly; she didn’t want to dwell on it since she was tired.

“Shibi, is it alright with you if Kiba, Akamaru and Shino share a room? Since arrangements were already made for two rooms, myself and the girls will share the other.” Kurenai asked.

“Maybe Shino and Shizu would rather share?” Kiba spoke up a mischievous grin on his face.

Shizu felt her throat constrict as Hinata gasped loudly. A very awkward silence descended on the group. Shizu hid her face in the high collar of her coat, feeling her face heat up again. She did take a glance at Shino who was to covered to reveal any emotion, although it seemed like his hands dug deeper into his pockets.

The three adults turned silently into the open doorway of the Inn, figuring it was better to ignore the teenagers comment then address it. Hinata followed next to Kiba, who seemed to enjoy putting his friend and teammate in the awkward situation but only so, she could elbow Kiba in the ribs. This left Shino and Shizu to walk in next to each other but with a meter wide gab in between them.

~*~

Shizu sighed as she wrapped the blue kimono around her, tying it at the waist; she had opted not to wear the matching blue pants since she didn’t want to take a chance on them getting wet. It was nice that the Inn provided sleeping attire since she had not thought to bring her own, figuring that they would just be sleeping outdoors.

Being able to wash up seemed to help relieve the embarrassment of almost knocking Shino out and Kiba’s room suggestion, almost, since she could feel her face heating up all over again at the thought. Slipping her feet into the inn provided slippers; she wound her long braid onto her head as she pushed open the door, running face first into a bare chest that was trying to come in. Both of them having opened the door at the exact same time. Shizu looked up into the smiling face of Kiba.

“Good thing you didn’t have those sunglasses on or that might have hurt.” As he spoke, she could feel his warm breath on her face.

Shizu’s first instinct was to lower her eyes; she was instantly sorry she did since it revealed that Kiba was wearing just a towel around his waist and slippers on his feet. She took a step back as she raised her face to look back into Kiba’s; it seemed to be the safest even if it did mean he saw her eyes.

“I saw that Shizu.” Kiba continued to grin as he stepped out of her way. “What would Shino think if he knew you were looking me over?”

Seeing Kiba’s muscular chest made her curious about Shino. For the short time he had carried her out of the training area, she had felt his arm muscles even with all the layers of clothes, he had to have a chest like Kiba’s also. The thought made her blush, which wasn’t unnoticed to Kiba.

“Having second thoughts Shizu?” Kiba chuckled leaning an arm against the doorframe, displaying even more muscles with just the slight movement. His comment and pose made her blush deepen as she hurried to walk past him, rushing the three meters to the room she was sharing with Kurenai and Hinata.

Leaning against the door, she brought her hands up of cover her face, not before her two roommates saw how red it was.

“What did Kiba do now?” Kurenai asked with a heavy sigh.

“Shizu?” Hinata asked in a soft concerned voice.

“He . . . I . . . just a towel . . . muscles . . . all those muscles . . .” Shizu let her voice trail off, dropping her hands and head. “I‘m going to bed.”

Shizu climbed under the blanket on the closest side of the bed she was sharing with Hinata, keeping to the edge to give Hinata as much room as she needed. Feeling the mattress move and then a hand on her should, Shizu felt her tears start to fall.

“Oh Shizu, this must be so overwhelming for you.” Kurenai’s soothing voice stated as she rubbed Shizu’s shoulder in comfort. “Other than keeping Kiba from bothering you, there isn’t much more I can do. It’s really up to you and Shino, you both really need to talk about what is about to happen. I’d tell Shino the same thing. He has obligation to the village and his clan but an even bigger one to you, especially now.”

Shizu didn’t respond, she just willed herself from sobbing aloud, trying to keep her body from shaking.

With a heavy sigh, the hand gave her a final pat before being removed and the mattress became still again. “I think we all need some sleep.”

The room became dark. Again the mattress moved, almost timidly. Hinata must have been trying to lay down with out disrupting Shizu or the bed, not wanting to upset either. Reaching behind her, Shizu touched Hinata’s arm following it down to her hand, she curled her fingers around it and gave it a small squeeze reassuring her friend that it was okay, Hinata returned the squeeze. Shizu released the hand; raising it to brush the last of the tears away, closing her eyes.

~*~

Shizu quietly zipped up her coat, and then tied the sash around her waist. Opening the door, she slipped out of the room. Shizu walked out of the front of the Inn, sticking her hand into her pockets she started walking to the nearest tree.

Jumping up into the it, Shizu made her way to the roof of the inn where she sat looking up at the full moon. It wasn’t long before she was joined.

“Why are you up here Shizu?” Shino asked standing behind her.

To say she was surprised to hear his voice was an understatement. “Thinking, Shino.”

Surprising her again, Shino sat down beside her. “I think I owe you an apology Shizu.” Shino stated after a deep intake of air. “I haven’t been giving you the time that I should have been and that you deserved. We have seven days to learn about each other, where others have months or years. It’s my fault; I should have sought you out a long time ago.”

Shizu sat still, her eyes not moving from the moon. Were her ears playing a trick on her, was Shino expressing regret, taking the blame for their current situation.

“I’m also at fault for the way Kiba has been acting towards you.” Shino continued. “He confided in me about your run in.”

Shizu dropped her head in shame, focusing on the silky threads of fringe on her sash.

“He wanted to make a point that it was an unintended meeting and your reaction was purely innocent. If there is one thing in Kiba’s favor, it’s his experience with woman.” Shino’s voice took on an almost envied tone. “Knowing about this arranged marriage from such a young age, I focused on learning everything I could about your Nano abilities, trying to put myself in your place. That’s how I was able to create an antidote and my own breed of hybrid beetles.” He paused before continuing. “I completely ignored the person you were, figuring I‘d have plenty of time. But I kept pushing it the side, I blame my youthful ignorance. Lately I've had no excuse and for that I'm sorry.”

Shizu shifted her position as she turned to look at Shino upon hearing his admission. His dark eyes meeting hers as if he had been hoping she would turn to look at him. Seeing him without his sunglasses, wearing a simple black short sleeve shirt, his whole face exposed made him seem so vulnerable. Shizu’s heart skipped a beat realizing he wanted her see who he really was.

Shino’s hand reached up to grasp the zipper of her jacket, pulling it down to reveal more of her own face before his finger tips moved to brush along the smooth skin of her cheek.

Shizu closed her eyes reveling in the warmth and feel of his touch. With a slight turn of her head, her lips connected with the palm of his hand, causing Shino to give an audible gasp. Feeling his other hand on her cheek, Shizu opened her eyes slightly to see Shino moving himself closer to her. His forehead pressed against hers. “Do you remember the reason I gave as to why I kept myself away from you Shizu?”

“Mm hmm.” She answered, unable to find her voice.

“It was because I feel myself start to lose control when I get to close to you.” Shino reminded her, his lips and breath caressing her face. “I want you so bad right now Shizu. But I don’t want our first union to be on the roof of an Inn, in a village that isn’t ours, without us being married.”

Shizu opened her dark mossy colored eyes, her cheeks flushing. “Then let’s just sit together Shino. I-I’m not ready for anything more than that right now.”

“Yes.” Shino agreed, his lips planting a kiss her forehead.

After some shifting of positions, Shizu sat in between Shino’s legs, snuggled against his chest, which was just as muscular as she had thought it would be, her head resting against his shoulder, his arms wrapped tightly around her. They both sat staring up at the lightening sky.

“I-I’m falling in love with you Shizu Aburame.” He whispered into her ear when the first colors of the sunrise appeared.

“I’ve been in love with you Shino.” Shizu confessed as their lips met in a long warm kiss.
End Notes:
Just wanted to let you know that there will be a few more chapter then this story will be coming to a final end.
Count Down by mst88
Author's Notes:
Shino and Shizu's story is coming to an end. This is the last chapter
As much as they didn’t want to, Shizu and Shino figured it was probably a good idea to return to their respective rooms to get ready for the return to the Hidden Leaf Village. Standing in front of Shizu’s door, with their foreheads against each other, they were reluctant to part. Hearing the door across the hall open, which Shino and Kiba were sharing, didn’t cause them to part.

“About damn time Shino.” Kiba’s voice approved, chuckling as he walked off towards the washroom.

“We should . . .” Shizu was the first to speak up, her eyes still closed.

“Yes.” Shino answered placing his lips against her forehead, letting them linger there, wanting to remember the feeling.

“We won’t get into trouble, f-for being out all night I mean?” Shizu asked, not sure if the was a rule for sneaking out in the middle of the night.

“Probably not Shizu. I can’t see my Dad scolding me for being with my future wife.” Shino answered, his eye squinting slightly in amusement. “Besides we’re Shinobi.”

Shizu was coming to realize that Shino’s eyes were the key to reading his emotions, since they were hidden behind his sunglasses all the time he was the typical Aburame.

Realization crossed Shizu’s mind. “Shino everybody is going to think w-we . . . um . . . spent the night together. Is that what Kiba thought?”

“Well technically we did, most of it anyway.” Shino’s eyes squinted again.

“I don’t care what they think we did, at least now Kiba will leave you alone.”

“What do you mean by that?” Shizu cocked her head to the side.

A light flush started to cover Shino’s face. “Kiba’s advances towards you are my fault. A-After finding out that we had never met and were to be married, he warned me to stake my claim and man up.” The flush disappeared from Shino’s face as his left eye started to twitch. While his voice remained even and calm, his twitching eye indicated something else.

Shizu’s dark mossy eyes kept fixed on his, did the twitch indicate irritation maybe. In his own way, Kiba had been trying to push Shino to acknowledge her. Their meeting at the washroom, while a chance meeting had been enough to give Shino the push he’d needed.

Shizu was relieved to learn that Kiba’s advances hadn’t been to come between them but to push them together, for that, she was truly thankful. Standing on her tiptoes, Shizu’s lips lightly touched Shino’s as a light blush covered her face at her boldness, her hands resting on the black shirt relishing the feel of muscles below it.

Shizu’s face remained flushed as she closed the door behind her, looking up to see Kurenai and Hinata pause in their packing. “I take it you and Shino have come to an understanding?” Kurenai asked with a hint of amusement.

Shizu glanced from the knowing look Kurenai was giving her, to the deep red flush crossing Hinata’s face. “N-No it’s not like that! I mean we have but we didn’t . . .”

“You don’t need to explain to us Shizu. You and Shino are to be married, it’s only natural you’d want to . . . explore your feeling, whether during a mission or not it happens.” Now it was the older woman’s turn to flush.

“You may not know this Shizu, but Kurenai were recently married.” Hinata announced her face deepening in color. “She and Asuma Sensei had known each other for many years before they finally wed.”

Shizu didn’t hide the surprise in her eyes as she looked back at the woman, who busied herself with her pack. “Alright you two, finish up so we can get going, I’m ready for this mission to be over with!” Both girls nodded quickly finishing.

~*~

Shino and Shizu offered to take the rear guard of the doubled in size group, it wasn’t uncommon for two squads to combine for return trips back to the Hidden Leaf Village not that they had to worry about being attacked, which was convenient for the new couple. By how they seemed so engrossed in what they were discussing in hushed tones it made the others wonder if they were taking of some type strategy.

It would have surprised some of their squad to find out that they were having a serious talk about Winter Melons, which Shino revealed was one of his favorite foods. Shizu had confided that it had also been her mother’s favorite foods so she knew many different and delicious ways to prepare the gourd, both as a main course and dessert, which intrigued the young Aburame male.

As much as his dad tried, Shibi Aburame just was not in the same league when it came to cooking, as his mother had been when it came to the preparation of the vegetable. He was both relieved and looking forward to his future wife’s culinary skills.

Soon the conversation turned to where they would live, Shino having informed Shizu that once they were married she would be living in his dad’s home. Shino felt the need to reassure her that his father wasn’t home much due to clan business, the village and missions taking him elsewhere so they would have plenty of time to be alone, which caused her to blush at his implication.

The return trip back to the Hidden Leaf Village was much quicker since they were able to take a direct route from the village of the Feudal Lord back home. Once the huge red gates of the village came into view Shizu started to feel apprehensive at seeing the Fifth Hokage. She had never seen the woman personally, always been kept in the Aburame Compound. She’d heard plenty of stories of the Legendary Sannin and the thought of meeting the woman face to face was overwhelming if not awe-inspiring. Shino seemed to notice her nervousness as his fingers found hers, curly around them in support, which was where they remained as the group went to report on their mission.

~*~

Shino and Shizu stood outside of the Hokages office; hands still entwined looking at each other over the tops of their sunglasses. It was done, the reaffirming from the future heir of the Aburame clan to the Hokage that the Hidden Leaf Village would continue to have the unconditional support and protection from Shino and any of his unborn heirs. The Hokage had thanked Shino on behalf of the council and the people adding that she looked forward to getting to know his future bride. The warmth with which she had said it calmed Shizu, causing her to give a hidden smile behind her collar.

Shino had also made a request to the Hokage and his father that he not get assigned any missions leading up their wedding unless it was imperative to the safety of the village, stating that his future wife deserved his undivided attention since they still didn’t know much about each other. Tsunade had given him a nod understanding that arranged marriages and the uniqueness of theirs deserved that much.

“Explain to me what you would like to do?” Shino asked pulling her fingertips to his lips.

“Well a bath and change of clothes sounds refreshing.” Shizu stated innocently causing Shino to arch an eyebrow.

“That isn‘t exactly what I thought you would say?” Shino asked slightly stunned by her boldness. Realizing what she had said, Shizu face flamed as red as her sash.

“I-I . . . n-no . . . Shino . . .” Dropping her gaze to the dirt ground Shizu couldn’t say any more.

Shino planted a kiss onto her black hair, resting his chin lightly on her head. “This is kind of awkward for both of us.” He apologized, still keeping hold of her hand. “Can I make a request of you Shizu?” Shino asked lifting her head so she could look at him.

Shizu turned her attention to Shino wondering what he was going to ask, wishing she could see his eyes. “Certainly Shino.”

As if reading her mind, Shino reached up to pull his sunglasses down his nose so Shizu could see his eyes, which held a twinkle in them. “Um, could you make me some . . . Winter Melon?” A pink tinge engulfed what little of his exposed face there was making Shizu giggle slightly.

“For you, anything.” Standing on her tiptoes her lips softly met his.
End Notes:
I am currently working on an epilogue which I should have done over the weekend, can't just leave them with a kiss.
Epilogue by mst88
Author's Notes:
Just a little wrap-up of our Aburame couple
Shizu stood with Shino waiting with him, as she had done so many times before, for Kurenai, Hinata, Kiba and Akamaru to show at the meeting place near a tree, for them to leave on their next mission.

The year anniversary of their marriage had been just a few days before so they relished that Shino had the extra few days of his temporary leave from his team. The small-blanketed bundle squirmed slightly in Shizu’s protective arms as a tiny fist and arm escaped the blanket along with the sound of a yawn, almost simultaneously, the bundle in Shino’s arms mimicked her twin.

“Are you sure they won’t be too much to handle?” Shino questioned. “Naturally I’m concerned since this is the first time you’ll be all alone with them.”

Shizu slide her hand past the high collar of his jacket to touch his cheek giving a chuckle. “You seem to forget that there have been a slew of elderly Aburame woman clamoring to help take care of the twins since they were born. The only two people stopping them from their responsibilities have been you and Shibi. Besides duty calls and you’ve been home far longer than you should be.” She had to admit seeing the two normally stoic Aburame men become cooing, doting father and grandfather was heart warming, it also made it just as hard to get them back to doing their Shinobi duties.

Shizu looked into the sleeping face of their daughter Shizuka, at only a few weeks old her dark hair was already brushing her shoulders looking just like hers. Her eyes then moved to their son Shiro, the older of the two, with the same black hair only shorter. She could feel her heart swell with love as her sun glassed eyed met Shino’s eyes. Hesitatingly he placed Shizuka into her waiting arm, after two weeks of almost constant holding his children Shino was reluctant to leave. She knew how hard this was for him, leaving his family for his swore duty to the village but his family was part of that village.

“Shino, we will be just fine.” Shizu reassured her husband with a smile. “Muta will be visiting often, Shibi will be back soon and you won’t be gone long yourself. Now give me a kiss goodbye before Kiba gets here and starts commenting about my figure.”

Shino leaned his forehead against hers, engulfing her head slightly with the hood of his jacket before kissing her softly; he then kissed each of his children lightly as not to wake them. “Kiba is just stating the obvious, you are curvier since having the babies, it‘s just a natural occurrence . . .”

“I love you Shino Aburame.” Shizu suddenly said, cutting him off, her moss colored eyes looking at him from over her sunglasses.

“And I you, Shizu Aburame.” Shino’s mouth covered hers again as his arms enveloped his small family.

The End
End Notes:
And that is all. Hope you enjoyed it.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=11158