TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shizu Aburame by mst88

[Reviews - 15]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Story I decided to write after hearing Cooler Than Me by Mike Posner since it reminded me of Shino lol.

Hope everybody continues to enjoy Shizu and Shinos story as it unfolds. OOC warning, just incase
Chapter notes: Shizu wants to meet Shino.
Shizu crouched on a tree branch watching the team that was in the field training. Even though there were three people on the team that were currently sending weapons and insect attacks at the lone female of their group, Shizu’s focus was on just one of them and she was dress similarly to him. She wore a high collared, long black coat with a red sash around her waist with red mesh leggings underneath with black ninja sandals. A heavy breeze blew causing her black bangs to obscure the view through her red sunglasses.

Shizu knew Muta Aburame, her caretaker would be furious with her if he knew where she was. Muta had given her strict orders not to leave the Aburame compound. It had yet to be six months since she had learned to control the insects living under her skin.

Unlike the normal Parasitic Beetle that the Aburame clan usually hosted in their bodies, her body hosted Nano-sized, Venomous Beetles. Since her ability was so rare, it had made her a perfect match for the future leader of the Aburame clan and that was whom she was currently watching.

Shizu remembered all to well the news Muta had dropped on her earlier that week. Now that she had complete control over the Nano beetles, the announcement of her arranged marriage would occur and then in a week’s time she and Shino Aburame would wed.

Shizu knew nothing of Shino; this was the first real look she had been able to get of her future husband. She was hoping for a spark of some feeling when she saw him but there was nothing. Of course, she had only seen the back of him.

One of the other times she had been able to sneak away from the compound recently, Shizu had found two girls around her age arguing over who loved a boy more. The feelings they had been talking about were beyond her but she wanted to know what they were like.

Shizu wasn’t sure if it had anything to do with being a Nano host but she had a tendency to show more emotions than those of the Aburame clan should. Which having grown up in Muta’s care, Shizu should be as indifferent and silent as anybody of the Aburame clan.

If she had been a normal Aburame host then Shizu would have been able to attend the Hidden Leaf Village Academy with Shino but due to the threat and harm of the Nano, Shizu was not allowed to attend. Instead she was trained and taught by Muta and Shibi Aburame, the clan leader and her future father-in-law

“Okay Team let’s break for the day.” The long black haired kunoichi spoke, who had been standing off to the side watching. “I think your jutsu is coming along perfectly Hinata.”

Shizu turned to look at the female whose dome of chakra slowly dissolved, Hinatas cheeks started to turn pink, which Shizu found curious. “Thank you Kurenai Sensei.”

“I’ll see you three tomorrow.” Shizu watched as their Sensei disappeared.

“Your determination is showing in your ability, Hinata.” Shino added putting his hands in the pockets of his hooded jacket that hung down to his knees. As Shino turned, Shizu noticed that the hood and high-collared long black shirt obstructed his face, as did his wrap around sunglasses and forehead protector. Shino then walked away from his team.

Shizu watched as a huge white dog raced over to put its front paws on the tree trunk below, barking up at her.

Of course it’s a ninja hound, Shizu stared down at the dog unfazed by it‘s large size.

“Kiba, I think Akamaru has something corned in a tree again?” Hinatas soft voice called to a man with messy brown hair, sharp black eyes who was standing beside her.

“What do you have this time boy?” Brown haired Kiba with a black forehead protector walked closer to the tree.

Jumping effortlessly to the ground beside the dog, Shizu got a good look at Kiba in his black leather form-fitting jacket and pants.

“I’m not a something as you can see.” Shizu pointed out putting her own hands in her pockets. “My name is Shizu of the Aburame clan.”

“Um, yeah we could have guessed that you were one of the Aburame clan.” Kiba commented with a sarcastic look but he smiled. “You’re dressed just like Shino, but you are a hell of a lot cuter.”

“I-If you’re looking for Shino he just left.” Hinata pointed out with a sad expression. “Are you a relative of his?”

“In a round-about way, I wanted to meet my future husband.” Shizu notified them flatly. From the look on their faces, Shizu’s statement brought a number of emotions she didn’t recognize from Kiba and Hinata.

“You are going to marry bug boy?” Kiba shouted his voice full of shock and horror. “On purpose?” Akamaru whined his response.

“S-Shino didn’t mention anything t-to us about him getting married.” Hinata stammered in shock.

“I only recently found out myself, so I came out here to see him for the first time.” Shizu informed them.

“How come we haven’t seen you before? You look the same age as us but I don’t remember you from the Academy?” Kiba asked leaning slightly towards her as if to get a better view. “I would have remembered seeing somebody as cute as you.”

“I’ve been kept at my clan’s compound.” Shizu decided to keep her inability to control her Nano beetles to herself, for some reason it scared people that weren‘t of her clan.

“So you and Shino must have fallen deeply in love if you decided to get married.” Hinata smiled with a wishful expression.

“Um Hinata did you miss the part where she told us she came here to see him for the first time.” Kiba reminded Hinata shaking his head. “You have to forgive Hinata; the love of her life has been gone for the past few years.”

Shizu nodded as if she understood but she didn’t, the reaction from Hinata was her cheeks turning red. “I haven’t met Shino formally yet. Our first face-to-face meeting won’t be until the announcement in front of the Hokage. We‘ll be married a week after.”

“Does Shino even know you exist?” Kiba asked in complete shock. “Isn’t it all that kind of sudden?”

“It would have happened sooner but I wasn’t ready.” Shizu was glad for her sunglasses so they couldn’t see the failure in her eyes. “Shino has known for many years that he’s to be married but I don’t think he knows it’s me, besides we‘re already behind on creating an heir to the clan.”

“You two haven’t even met and you’re expected to . . . right away?” Hinata couldn’t say any more as her face turned completely red again. “W-We have to do something Kiba!”

“Hinata, as heir to the Hyuga clan you know arranged marriages happen, we can’t stop it.” Kiba reminded her in a serious tone.

“We’ll just have to get them to fall in love with each other then.” Hinata looked from Kiba to Shizu with determination. “What if you two meet before the announcement, is that breaking a rule?”

“I don’t know. I mean the chances of us meeting at the clan compound are high.” Shizu thought for a few minutes. “I don’t usually leave it at all; coming here was only my second time.”

“Try to see if you can leave, even if it means you have to sneak here again.” Hinata advised smiling. “Since Shino will be here tomorrow you can see him then.”

“Good luck with actually seeing him, you Aburame sure do like to keep covered.” Kiba commented and gave Shizu a wide grin. “In your case it leaves a lot to the imagination Shizu.”

“I better go before Muta notices that I’m gone.” Shizu excused herself before hopping back up into the tree she had been sitting in to watch.

~*~

Shizu managed to creep over the Aburame compound wall she had originally escaped over with no problem. Quietly opening the door she ran smack into Muta who stood with his arms crossed frowning down at her. Having removed his customary long sleeved light tan jacket with the high collar, he was now wearing the regular long sleeve dark blue shirt and pants of the Hidden Leaf Shinobi. He also had removed his sunglasses showing his soft brown eyes, which weren’t looking so soft at that moment.

“Shizu, why did you leave the compound?” Muta demanded to know.

“I went to see Shino, Muta. If I’m going to marry him, I at least wanted to see him first.” Shizu pointed out giving him a perplexed look.

“I find it interesting that you would start to become so curious, with your engagement coming up.” Muta nodded his head. “Not an emotion I’ve seen in you before.”

“Is it so wrong of me to be curious? I want to know what I’m getting into.” Shizu pointed out removing her ninja sandals. Hinatas words suddenly rang in her head. “Muta, now that I’ve got control over the Nano beetles can I go out into the village?”

“I don’t see why you can’t seeing as you‘ve already snuck out twice.” Muta answered turning to let her pass, unfolding his arms.

It was Shizu’s turn to blush, she now knew what that emotion was of Hinatas.

“What if I run into Shino? Does he even know who I am?” Shizu asked staring at her caretaker.

“Shino knows your name if that’s what you’re asking; he just doesn’t know what you look like. Does that really matter?” Muta asked giving Shizu a pointed look. “You are the first female of our clan to be able to use the Nano insects, so any heir you have will have be Parasitic-Nano Beetle host, a whole new breed of insect.”

“So learning to control the Nano beetles was more for the fact I don’t kill Shino the first time I touch him.” Shizu putting her hands back in her pockets.

“So you don’t kill anybody on accident Shizu. Being infected by the Nano is a very painful way to die and a very powerful weapon.” Muta corrected touching her cheek. “Since an antidote can be made to the poison, Shino will be safe. With you having the antibodies in your blood, that makes you and any children you have immune to the Nano poison. It was Shino who originally made the antidote when he found out he was to marry you.”

Muta walked away leaving her with that bit of information to chew on.

What am I suppose to make of that news? Shizu was in the dark about boys. Maybe with this plan of Hinatas she would find out and not be a disappointment to Shino. As she climbed into bed, the shrouded image of Shino came to mind and that’s what she fell asleep thinking about.
Chapter end notes: Final chapter I'll post tomorrow!