TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Phoenix Flight by ToraHime

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Again, I own Mahiru (And her 'abilities") but I do not own anything from/of the Naruto Universe


Please rate/review!!!
Part 2 ~ The Dance

The dance was also a fun way to let all the ninja have a day off. Usually people who weren’t ninja were not allowed in, but Mahiru was given a special bracelet like the band the ninja wore.
“Sasuke, can you help me put it on?” Mahiru asked. She was in a knee-long blood red dress that clung to every curve. It was a spaghetti strapped dress that was low-cut, showing off her magnificent body.
“S…sure,” Sasuke fumbled with the chain of the bracelet. He was just in a pair of black pants and a matching collared shirt.
Kakashi took Sakura by the waist, “come on, we should be getting inside.” He was in white pants and a blue t-shirt.
Sakura followed him in; she had borrowed one of Mahiru’s dresses. The pink dress went all the way down to the floor flowing in many layers. It was strapless, clinging just above her bust.
Naruto hit Sasuke in the back and whispered in his ear, “lucky dog.” Naruto was in tan pants, fancier than his ninja garb, and a matching top.
Naruto was taking Hinata to the dance. Because of her heritage, Hinata was wearing a purple summer kimono, or at least that is what Mahiru thought.
Once they got in, it turned out that about half of the girls were in kimonos; the others were just in simple dresses. Mahiru and Sakura would stand out at this rate.
“Sorry Sakura,” Mahiru apologized, “I guess we over-dressed.”
“Don’t worry Mahiru, you two are perfectly fine,” Kakashi said.
Sakura blushed and walked further out on the field. Kakashi followed her. Hinata walked over to join up with her squad. Naruto followed closely behind, joining his other friends that were on their way over.
Mahiru fixed her strap and held onto her bag. She had brought her MP3 player and cords to connect to speakers. Kakashi had mentioned that the Hokage had gotten things ready so they could use it.
Sasuke had walked off somewhere without Mahiru noticing. Now she was all alone. Shortly people began to surround her, whispering things like ‘so she’s the one who broke the rules’ and ‘look at that dress.’
“Umm….” Mahiru said, not knowing what to do.
“Come on guys, leave the poor girl alone.” A woman came by. Everyone bowed and left the two alone.
“You must be the Hokage,” Mahiru said, “thank you for allowing me to come.”
“No, don’t worry about it. Kakashi said that you had brought along your portable method of music?” She asked.
Mahiru pulled out her MP3 player, “you mean this?”
“Kakashi already has everything you need set up over there. We get your music over here a lot but no good method of playing it quite yet. The younger ninja really like it.” She explained.
“Leave it up to me,” Mahiru walked over to the dj station that was set up and connected all the wires up. She set up the music to play on random. There was all types of music on her player, hopefully everyone would have a good time with it.
She started the music; the first song was an upbeat song that was played a lot of the radio. Everything seemed to be going fine, she left the station. The player would do the rest of the work.
Mahiru observed the groups of people she knew. Kakashi had left Sakura’s side and gone over to a group of ninja that looked about the same age as he was. Sakura was with Naruto, Hinata, and a handful of other ninja that looked like they all knew each other. Sasuke was nowhere in plain sight.
Mahiru walked down and stood by herself in the back. Shortly a small white dog came running over.
“Hi there buddy, what are you doing away from your owner?” she asked the pooch.
A guy came over and picked the dog up, “No running off Akamaru. That is not” the guy looked up at Mahiru, “like….you…”
“Erm, hello,” Mahiru said, “I’m Mahiru.”
He didn’t respond. The rest of the group he came from wandered over.
“Mahiru? Where did Sasuke go off to?” Sakura asked.
“I don’t know…” Mahiru said in response, she sounded disappointed.
“Everyone, this is Mahiru,” Sakura said. She began to point to people as she introduced them. “Well you know everyone from team 7 – our team. Team 8 has Kiba, who takes care of the dog Akamaru; you know Hinata already; then there’s Shino who likes bugs. Team 10 has the food loving Choji; Shikamaru, who is good at chess; and Ino, who is too obsessed with her looks. Team 6 has Tenten who is good with weapons; Neji who is Hinata’s cousin; and Lee who likes jumpsuits. Well that’s everyone.”
Mahiru said hit o everyone in turn. The music had changed a few times. It had just changed to a slow song and she paused – did anyone know how to slow dance?
Neji and Tenten went out on the dance floor. Naruto grabbed Hinata by the arm and lead her to the dance floor as well. Kakashi came over and took Sakura. Other couples went out and began to dance.
All the guys around Mahiru were beginning to feel awkward. Finally Ino grabbed Shikamaru’s arm and dragged him to the dance floor. Now the four guys around her all shifted. The song changed to another slow song. Mahiru took this opportunity to go get a drink. By the time she got back the slow song was over and everyone returned to the group.
“Thanks for bringing the music Mahiru!” Naruto said happily.
“No problem,” Mahiru responded.
Akamaru was barking at Kiba. He turned to Mahiru, “so you know about ninjas and everything right?”
“Yea,” she responded.
“But that still doesn’t explain why you smell like fire,” he said.
“What?” Sakura asked, taken aback.
“Yes, I see it. It’s like Shino and his bugs; you have fire running though your body,” Neji explained.
Hinata hit her cousin, “I don’t see anything.”
“That is strange….” Tenten commented.
“You all just are mistaking things,” Naruto said quickly. It was bad enough that Hinata knew about Mahiru. If the other teams found out about the real reason why Mahiru was allowed to come to the dance…
“Here’s where you went,” Sasuke said as he came up from behind the group.
Everyone had fun talking for some time, going out to dance every once and awhile.
Great, another slow song; all the typical couples went out on the dance floor. Mahiru stood back once again. This time though, a younger ninja came up and asked Shino to dance and he went with her, blushing slightly.
Mahiru wanted to dance with Sasuke so badly. Yet she knew that being in Konoha, it was probably too bold of a move. Let alone the fact that the Hokage along with some higher-level ninja knew what she was….what would they all think?
Mahiru’s focus came back to see Sasuke standing before her, “do…you want to dance?”
She smiled, “Yes!” The other guys were stunned to see Sasuke ask a girl to dance, let alone the new comer.
They went out onto the dance floor just as the song ended.
“Sorry,” Mahiru said sadly.
“The next one is mine,” he walked back over to the guys as Kakashi approached Mahiru.
“I’m ready now, is everything set?” he asked.
“Let me get up there and then the floor is all yours.” Kakashi had talked to her weeks ahead of time to plan out what he was just about to do.
Mahiru ran up and stopped the music. Everyone looked at her and then their attention shifted to the couple in the middle of the dance floor. She put on instrumental music.
Kakashi held Sakura’s hand.
“Kakashi?” she asked, a little panic filling her voice.
“Sakura,” he said tenderly, lowering onto one knee. He pulled out a small black box out of his pocket and opened it to reveal a ring. “Will you marry me?”
A huge smile cracked on Sakura’s face as she spoke loudly, “YES!”
Mahiru switched the song to a slow song that Kakashi had picked out earlier. The two then began to dance as the crowd clapped. After about a minute or so other couples joined them.
Sasuke walked over to the DJ booth where Mahiru was. “Kakashi asked you to help?”
“Yea, he has been planning this out for awhile now. It was so romantic I just couldn’t say no.” she explained.
“I’m glad for them,” he said as he watched them dance, “they deserve to be happy.”
“So do you Sasuke,” she looked at him.
The song changed to a fast song. Most of the people walked off the dance floor. The Hokage went over to congratulate the couple.
Mahiru went over to the bar and got another drink before joining her group of friends. She took a few sips of her drink, “doesn’t anyone like the fast songs?”
No one answered her.
“Fine, I’ll show you how it’s done then,” she finished her drink and went out on the dance floor. She was finally warmed up to everyone and felt comfortable here, so she was able to be herself.
The song switched to a club song, finally something she could really dance to! She started dancing like she was really at a club. Some of the older ninja were annoyed and looked away. She couldn’t stop moving her body to the music as eyes watched her on all sides.
The song changed again, this time it wasn’t a good song to dance to. Mahiru rejoined her friends.
“Where did you learn that?” Tenten asked.
“I went to school dances, a club once, and mostly I just let my body move where it wants to,” Mahiru explained.
“Next time I might try dancing like that too…” Hinata said angrily, glaring at Naruto who was still staring at Mahiru.
“Me too,” Tenten and Ino added.
Mahiru giggled, she liked her new friends.
After a bit another club song came on. The four girls went out on the dance floor followed by a few other people.
The boys stayed behind. Mahiru didn’t like that; she walked back over by them. “How can you stand it? You’ve got three beautiful girls before you dancing, why hold yourself back?”
The boys didn’t budge. Mahiru sighed and joined the three girls to dance again. They were wall laughing and having fun.
“Next time we’ll just drag them out here,” Ino joked.
“Good idea Ino!” Mahiru said energetically.
Mahiru felt someone’s body dancing against her own. The other girls all stopped and gasped.
“You forgot to mention one very sexy girl.” It was Sasuke.
Mahiru’s body slowed down as she looked him in the face, it really was him. Her face went beat red. “W…what? But what about the Hokage and Kakashi?”
“Who cares?” he said in response.
The song ended and switched, finally a slow song.
“May I have this dance?”
All the couples hit the floor once again.
Mahiru nodded her head. The two of them began to dance. She was so happy tears were welling up in her eyes.
Sasuke’s arms wrapped around her waist as he pulled her closer, her head rested on his shoulder.
Sasuke quickly turned as something shiny flew past the two of them. Close on the ground a kunai was sticking up with a piece of paper tied to the end.
“Paper bomb!” Sasuke called out as he jumped back with Mahiru just as it exploded.
No one screamed, everyone only shuffled into battle ready position. A few ninja ran off to find the attacker.
“Are you alright?” Sasuke asked.
Mahiru was shaking slightly but nodded her head yes.
The members of squad 7 started on their way over along with the handful of ninja that knew who Mahiru was.
Before any of them could reach the couple however, four more paper bombs surrounded them.
Mahiru began to panic. She dug her face into Sasuke’s shoulder as the bombs exploded.
A barrier of flame appeared around them at the last seconded. The two of them were left unharmed. Everyone reached them.
“That was dangerous, but sweet!” Lee said.
“All 12 of you are to protect Mahiru no matter what!” Kakashi said quickly.
“But…” Sakura said sadly.
Kakashi kissed her on her cheek and disappeared to join the others.
“What’s going on here?” Kiba asked.
“We need to get to a safe location,” Neji said tonelessly.
“But the other younger ninja don’t know what to do in situation like this,” Ino added.
Naruto became serious, “Shino, Ino, Choji, Lee, Tenten, and Hinata help the other ninja to safety; the rest of us will get Mahiru to a safe place.”
Hinata didn’t want to be separated from Naruto. “But I know what’s going on; I have to go with you!”
The other two members of her team looked at her in disbelief.
“That’s the reason why you’re going to help the other ninja, I’m coming too,” Sakura explained.
Another bomb was thrown at the group, a good sign that they should be going. Mahiru was picked up by Sasuke as the group headed for the village gate. They stopped right before the gate entrance.
“Is taking her out of the village the smartest move?” Kiba asked.
“We have no idea where the attackers are or their intentions,” Shikamaru added.
“Let’s get to the waterfall, we can plan from there,” Neji said.
They all took off again and reached the waterfall shortly. The sun was on its way to the horizon – sunset wasn’t far off.
“Set me down,” Mahiru said.
“We don’t know when you’ll be attacked again,” Sasuke said.
“What makes you sure that they are after her?” Neji asked.
“Sasuke, she said to set her down,” Naruto said suspiciously.
Sasuke finally set her down but kept his arm around her waist.
“You’re being clingy, that isn’t like you,” Shikamaru was catching on.
“So when did you switch with Sasuke? Just after we got to the party?” Mahiru asked.
He still head on to her, “what are you talking about?”
“Kakashi scolded you before for being in the same room as me before alone. So why would you do such a wild thing?”
“It’s not like Kakashi stopped us or anything.”
“But you know that he would yell at you once we got home.”
“Do you think I really care?”
“Let go of me you imposter!” Mahiru pulled off of her captor and fell backwards into the water at the bottom of the waterfall. The sun was setting behind the trees.
Sasuke transformed into a man with short black hair and black eyes. He was the same height as Sasuke but was in all black attire. A red metal plate was tied around his forearm; a symbol of a moon was in the middle.
“Shit, Mahiru!” Naruto moved quickly and soon was standing above Mahiru on the water. Neji, Shikamaru, and Kiba joined him.
“Who are you?” Mahiru yelled out.
“I am a ninja of Night,” the man said. His ninja band returned to its normal metal color, “I guess you don’t work when you’re all wet.”
Mahiru continued to tread water. He knew what she was – somehow. Her dress was not helping with staying afloat. Her body’s core temperature was also dropping at an alarming rate.
“W….where’s…..Sas…..uke….” Mahiru was shivering in the water.
The night ninja advanced on the guard. At the same time someone pulled on Mahiru’s leg, dragging her underwater.
Mahiru had inhaled water as she was pulled under. She clenched her eyes shut as she felt pressure increase all around her…