TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


I, Kogane Ichimora... by Akane Toshiro

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I updated!!!!! Go me!!
"Kogane? Kogane, its time to wake up," came a soft, feminine voice that literally seemed to lull Kogane back to sleep. The same lullaby like voice said with a soft sigh “Kogane, either we do this the easy way, or I can call Mamoru up here.”

That got her up.

Kogane sat bolt upright in her bed, rubbing sleep-encrusted eyes furiously. “I’m up! Don’t call Mamoru!”

Tsukiko Ichimora laughed, sapphire blue eyes that were a trait of all Ichimora women sparkling with mirth. “Good girl. Remember, Mamoru wants to take you out to the park while I’m visiting Amy. He said something about getting you new supplies as well…”

Kogane was already moving. She threw the covers off and raced to her wardrobe, throwing it open and diving inside. Tsukiko laughed and walked out of the room, carefully closing the door behind her.

After about five minutes, Kogane had found an outfit suitable for a day out and threw it on. She ran into the bathroom and grabbed a brush, using it to untangle her butt-length sapphire blue hair, the only thing she had inherited from her father, Jon Ichimora. She stopped and looked at her reflection in the mirror.

Sapphire blue eyes that were framed by medium-sized full black lashes sat in the middle of a slightly oval face. Her sapphire blue hair had been tamed back into a ponytail but there were still several loose strings of hair that hung in her face. A pale hand twisted the strays into two small braids that hung on both sides of her face. She wore a plain black tank-top that was only a little bit tight and baggy cargo pants.

Kogane smiled at her reflection and walked out of the room, pleased with what she had seen in the mirror.

BREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKER

Kogane munched on an apple as she watched her brother-in-law, Mamoru Ichimora, snap pictures of a young couple sitting under a tree. Mamoru was a freelance photographer and did everything from school pictures to landscaping pictures. And he was very good at what he did. Kogane smiled. Mamoru had been like a uncle to her and he had also been the one to inspire her in her drawing.

Her first picture had been of a younger Mamoru and Tsukiko holding hands under the stars. Mamoru and Tsukiko both had loved it and it hung on the refrigerator to this very day.

Kogane looked down at the picture she was drawing. It was a picture of an older Tsukiko and Mamoru watching the sunset. It was going to be their anniversary present.

“Kogane-chan?” She looked up at Mamoru and cocked her head. Mamoru’s raven black eyes, equally dark hair, and a hawk-like nose gave him the illusion of cruelty, but in reality he was the kindest man Kogane knew.

“What’s up?” Mamoru grinned at her and said softly “I’m going to go take pictures in that little lover’s niche. Y’know, the one by the lake?”

Kogane nodded. “I’ll be here. But don’t take too long. Tsukiko’ll skin you alive if you miss the reservation for dinner.”

Mamoru winced and nodded “I’ll be naught a hour.” And he turned and left.

Kogane sighed and went back to drawing. After about a half of a hour, she set the picture on the ground, smiling. When she got home she would color it in, but for now…

(Rustle)

Kogane raised her head as she heard… something move in the bushes behind her. Ishida Park was not known to have wild animals, but Kogane felt the hackles rise up on the back her head.

Something was out there.

With careful movements, Kogane slowly stood up, sliding her paper and pencils into her messenger bag without making a noise. She looked into the forest with sharp eyes, trying to see what was making her so tense.

Suddenly, something came hurtling out of the bushes and impacted into her stomach, knocking the wind out of the girl. As she bent over, trying to get her breath back, the something turned out to be a cloth covered bundle. As Kogane wheezed and gasped for air, the bindings that held the cloth in place snapped and the brown material slid off, revealing a large, round mirror with strange runes carved into its obsidian frame.

As Kogane slowly got her breath back a voice spoke into the clearing. One that was like a void, was utterly genderless in the sound, and was very, very familiar, yet Kogane could not place it.

“Your wish… is my command.”

The mirror hung in midair and Kogane’s eyes were drawn to the glass, which was warping and twisting different colors. So entranced in the mirror she was, that she didn’t even notice someone sneaking up behind her until strong hands pressed into the small of her back and pushed her down into the mirror which expanding at an alarming rate.

Kogane’s eyes widened and she opened her mouth to scream as the warping colors rushed up to meet her. As the colors wrapped around her body and pulled her in, she managed to get turned around. She saw a shadowy… thing slip just out of sight, but not before she got a good look at its eyes.

The were large and gold, shining with an immeasurable sadness.

The same void-like voice spoke softly, but Kogane could hear it clearly. It was no longer so void-like, but now she could clearly hear the humanity. It was also more… masculine?

“I am sorry…”

Kogane’s eyes widened as she realized who that voice belonged to. She began thrashing even wilder.

“FATHER!!!!!!!”

But, by now, the warping colors had incased her completely, dragging her away from the light and the voice of a man who had been dead for nine years.

The mirror, having completed its objective, turned back into its original state was a small burst of light, and fell to the ground with a soft thump.

The shadowy figure separated itself from behind the tree in which it had watched Kogane get sucked into the mirror. It knew that revealing itself to her was a mistake, but then again… Kogane deserved to know who held responsibility for her… displacement.

The figure shook its head.

The others would be able to take good care of her.

Hopefully.

BREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKERBREAKER

The small clearing was an oasis for all the small animals that inhabited the forest. The grass was green and fresh, with just a hint of dew, while a small pond was placed there as well.

But today the peaceful serenity of the small place was shattered.

The very air was ripped apart with a thunderous crack that echoed for miles around. A gaping maw split in the middle of the clearing. A look inside the rapidly widening space showed a mix of colors, the… stuff constantly warping and twisting, never staying the same color for too long.

A dark outline was forming in the rip. It condensed and moved towards the entrance. And with a quiet “Oof!” Kogane tumbled out, landing on the ground.

Kogane lay on the ground for several trying to keep her breakfast down, the nausea of being in the portal for so long causing her shoulders to shake with dry sobs.

After she had stopped shaking and her stomach was sufficiently calm, she pushed herself to a sitting position and looked around, confused. She gently ran her hands over her body, searching for deformities, broken bones, etc, when she caught sight of her hands. They looked… unnatural… They were flawless, no deformities to be found, no small discolorations, bumps, freckles, or… well… anything! If she peered closely at her hands, she could see a very thin black line that seemed to… outline them…

With now frantic movements, she staggered over to the small pond, dropping to the ground beside it and looking in her nose nearly touching the surface. She stared in wide-eyed shock at her now animated face. It was thinly outlined with black and her once beautiful small blue eyes now took up half of her face. The bottom part of each eye was darkly outlined with black and her-were those eyelashes?!-were a lot thicker. The two hair thin lines that arched above her new eyelashes must be her eyebrows. And just like her hands, her face was absolutely flawless.

Now in a complete state of shock, Kogane flopped back onto the ground. ‘Alright,’ she thought, running a shaky hand through her waist length hair. ‘At least I still have that,’ she mused, until a horrifying thought struck her.

‘Shit, my bag!!!’

Shock completely forgone for overwhelming panic, she searched frantically through the clearing, not noticing another small portal opening up behind her. Her messenger bag was dumped unceremoniously on the ground right behind her and when she turned around, she tripped.

“Thank the Gods!” Kogane said, quickly ruffling through the bag to make sure nothing had been broken and to her relief all of the things had only been slightly banged up.

‘But… what do I do now?’

The practical part of Kogane’s mind quickly took over.

‘Well, I need to find civilization… So lets pick a way to go and that’s the way we’ll go.’

Okay, so she wasn’t too practical, but hey she had been raised by a freelance artist and his wife, who wrote fantasy novels.

Kogane closed her eyes and pointed in a random direction. “Let’s go that way!”

She wasn’t expecting a voice to say “No, you’re going this way. With us.”

“Ehhhhhhh?!” Kogane spun around, mentally cursing. ‘Enkai would kill me if she found out I let my guard down.’ Then she got a good look at the guy who had spoken and nearly collapsed.

In her shock, she could only think of one thing…

‘Of course I couldn’t sense him. I mean, even Enkai isn’t strong enough to sense Hatake Kakashi…’


~End Chapter~



~More Upcoming Chapter Preview Quotes~

“EEEEEH!? I don’t have a crush on *gag* Uchiha Sasuke! What are you, sick?”

“My, my, my, It seems like little Kogane-chan is making close friends with Sasuke-kun.”

“I. hate. PAPERWORK!”

“Duuuuuuuude… I want whatever that guy’s been smoking.”

“Last time I had dango, I blacked out, woke up on the roof, stark naked mind you, screaming about chocolate tacos and holding a big sign that said ‘Viva La Smut!!!!’ Yeah… so that’s probably not a good idea in retrospect… Ah screw retrospect, just give me the damn thing!”
Chapter end notes: I put a lot more work into this chapter, but I'm not perfect. I needs ze critscism peoples!!!!!

No flames though! I hate flames and they're rather stupid.