TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Where is the Light? by Invisible Wounds

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hey everyone, hope you like Chapter four. It's pretty short for me, sorry! Please review, thanks! I.W.
Gaara allowed himself to be dragged to the mountain and stared at the huge faces for a few minutes, then looked at the blonde in a ‘this-is-it?’ way. He followed the blonde ninja to the top of the mountain, where they sat on the top of Tsunade’s head.

Gaara listened to all of Naruto’s chatter, mostly about stores and the people who owned them, filing it all away. Occasionally he would ask a question, or ‘hn,’ but that was all. Gaara was amazed that Naruto had been able to keep up this one-sided conversation as long as he had. Most people just gave up talking to him after the first fifteen minutes, but apparently this man *refused* to give up.

Eventually, Naruto had lured Gaara out of his isolation enough to make a few comments about his homeland, Suna, and Naruto listened with rapt attention, asking dozens of questions, which Gaara ignored.

They stayed there on the mountain until the sun was setting and Naruto grudgingly stood, stretching out his long, feline body. His whisker marks were distorted as he yawned hugely.

“We better get going. Where are you staying, Gaara?”

Moment of silence. “I don’t know.”

Naruto laughed, “Didn’t you book a room at a hotel or something before you came?”

Gaara stared at him. Was he supposed to have done that? “No.”

“Oh… Well, it’s not very dignified, but you can stay with me, I guess. If you don’t mind sleeping on my couch. It would only be for one night; I’ll get you your own room tomorrow, I promise.” Naruto smiled.

Gaara stared at that smile, blown away that it was actually directed at *him.* But then, he thought, this man doesn’t know what I *am.*

“No, I don’t mind sleeping on your couch.”

“Okay, great! Let’s go!” Naruto ran swiftly over the rooftops, sensing, but not hearing, Gaara run beside him. They stopped at his building, dropping onto the landing outside his door. Gaara stood silently as Naruto unlocked, then opened the door.

Gaara surveyed the apartment without expression. It was small and cluttered, but warm and welcoming.

“It’s not much,” Naruto said hastily, suddenly self-conscious, “But it’s home.”

Gaara nodded, he liked it. He watched as a flustered Naruto cleared food bags and papers off of the couch, brushing off crumbs and other unidentifiable things. Gaara sat on the sofa, liking the way he seemed to sink into the cushions; the effect almost reminded him of sand.

Naruto disappeared, then came back hauling a pillow and two large blankets. “I don’t know how cold you get at night, so here are a few blankets. If you need more, just let me know.” The way Naruto was fussing, reminded Gaara of a mother hen, and he suppressed a smile.

“Naruto,” he said slowly, but not unkindly, “I don’t sleep.”

Naruto blinked. “What? How can you *not* sleep?”

Gaara looked away, not wanting to tell the happy blonde he was a monster, but not wanting to lie, either. Lies were pointless, they would only complicate matters later. “Would you mind if I waited to answer that? I would rather tell you tomorrow.”

No use scaring the poor man now, he thought. I should let him sleep without worrying about a beast coming in and slitting his throat.

Naruto cocked his head to one side, his eyes cloudy with confusion, but didn’t press Gaara for answers. “Alright,” he said finally, “I’ll wait until tomorrow.”

Gaara nodded.

“Do you want some movies to watch or something then? If you’re not going to sleep, then I don’t want you to be bored.”

Gaara actually chuckled quietly, stunning Naruto. “Sure,” the redhead said finally. Naruto, still reeling at Gaara’s laugh –LAUGH! – went a gathered an armload of movies, placing them beside his television. After a quick crash-course on how to operate the machine, Naruto bid Gaara ‘good night’ and went to his room.
Chapter end notes: Please review, thanks a million!!!