TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Catch Us If You Can. by AphoriditeRose

[Reviews - 17]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Chapter two! :]
You guys better actually review. 13 people have read my story and havn't reviewed. Would it kill you to write someting small? Even if it's just a small "It stinks." Anything?
Well, actually, I'm starting to think that all my stories stink since hardly anybody ever reviews them =/
Hence I've abandoned most of them - Why should I carry on writing something that nobody will read?

-sniff- Please review guys? So I know for definate whether it stinks or not XD

Okay - Here is the next chapter!

Disclaimer - Not mine. :]
Naruto sat upright, cleaning Sasuke's head injury while he slept. No doubt the raven would kill him if he tried it while he was awake.


Naruto watched the boys face as he slept, drinking in the way the walls of his mask would fall when slumber took away his conscious emotions.


Naruto moved a stray strand of midnight-raven hair from his contrasting pale skin, tracing a calloused finger tip across the soft skin as he did so.


Naruto furrowed his brows. Sasuke'd most definitely leave today, to attend his normal life at school with his posh house and his posh friends and fan club. He sighed. He enjoyed the company, he got lonely once in a while. However he was better off alone, anyway. Getting close to somebody would just create a weak-spot which the Akatsuki would most definitely take advantage of...


Naruto looked down at his stomach. The stone he almost showed Sasuke last night was the last piece of the puzzle. The piece of the puzzle that, linked with everything else, would release the seal around his navel, and the Kyuubi demon would be unleashed.


''I wont let myself turn into a monster''.


"Naruto?" Sasuke was sitting up, watching as the blonde clutched at his stomach and buried his head in his knees. He looked up, and grinned cheerfully.


"Hey, Sasuke! You're up!" Naruto chirped happily.


Sasuke narrowed his eyes suspiciously, "Who where you talking to?"


"... Myself."


"..."


"Cut me some slack, I've been alone half my life, who else am I meant to talk to? Hm?" Naruto argued defensively.


"Well, I'm here, aren't I?"


"It's a habit."


"I see."


There was a long awkward silence, and Naruto scratched his neck restlessly while Sasuke busied himself stretching.


'Ouch, I think I slept on a stick.' Sasuke glanced over his shoulder, and indeed there was, a large stick. "Fuck! That's not stick, that's a bloody log!"


"Talking to yourself, Uchiha?"


"Hn."


"Oh that's real hard."


"Hn."


"..."


"SHIT. What time is it?!"


Naruto's eyebrows knotted together, and he scoffed at Sasuke's ignorance. "Does it look like I own a clock?"


Sasuke looked over the boy, from his ruffled blonde hair to his torn jeans and muddy tank top. The guy had a point. "Why?"


"Normal people have to go to school!"


Naruto scratched his lip while staring at the floor, pointing to the left. "Your house is that way."


"... You aren't coming?" Sasuke asked, standing up.


"No. I already told you, I can't. Anyway, I have...other things I need to do. It doesn't matter, stop asking so many questions."


"Fine. I'm leaving." He turned to leave, then remembered something. Lifting a hand to his head, he asked, "My head, it's healed?"


Naruto nodded. "Yeah, you don't expect me to live like a hermit and not know the forest medicines, do you? Go on, that Kakashi guy is probably worried sick. "


Sasuke nodded. "See you around?"


Naruto looked up at him from where he perched on a log. "No, you won't." Standing up, he kicked the fire ashes, put out the flames and started in the other direction.


He turned round and flashed the watching Uchiha one of his brightest grins.


"Don't run into any more trees, okay? And no stalking strangers, either."


"Hn. Dobe." Sasuke replied, turning his back on the blonde.


"Teme."


x - o - x - o - x



"Sasuke?"


Sasuke slammed his locker and turned to his friend, Neji. "What's wrong?"


"Nothing." He lied.


"Kakashi phoned me asking where you where last night - You didn't go home?" Neji wasn't concerned, just simply making conversation. The two started walking in the direction of their Chemistry class.


"I was at the library, revising for the test we have next week. Chemistry isn't my strong point." He muttered.


"All night?" Neji shot Sasuke a suspicious glance.


"I fell asleep. Chemistry isn't exactly fun, is it?"


"Yeah, and neither are you. Something's up, Uchiha, I wasn't born yesterday."


Sasuke studied Neji's face for a while, contemplating whether he should tell him or not.


"It isn't important."


Sasuke took his seat in Tsunade-sensei's classroom, resting his head on his hands as he looked out the window with an empty gaze.


He watched as clouds floated lazily across the blue expanse of sky. Never before had he thought that the bright summer sky was dull, - At least it was compared to those bright cerulean eyes.


Somehow, it didn't seem right.


He already knew what Neji would say if he told him - That the two of them met by fate.


Bullshit.


... Right?


Sasuke groaned, letting his head slip from his hands as it banged against the table.


'Why can't I get that usuratonkachi out of my head?!'


He pressed his forehead and nose into the table, feeling the cool surface against his heated skin, collecting his raging emotions again.


He got up from his seat abruptly, his onyx eyes fixed on the ground as he walked out of the classroom.


"Goin' to the nurses office."


"Uh, Sasuke I.." Tsunade began, but was cut short when the door slammed behind him. "Never mind..."


Sasuke walked down the empty corridors, his eyes glued his feet as he felt his pace quicken.


'He never did tell me what Itachi wanted with him.' He saw the blondes face in his mind, and his heart beat quickened. 'What's wrong with me?' The image of Naruto's lips locked with his own flashed through his consciousness, and he felt his legs weaken.


'I need a CAT scan!'


He marched into the nurses office, unannounced, and sat on the chair provided.


"Sakura, I'm senile."


Tsunade was the school nurse, but since she also had a chemistry class to teach, Sakura took over on those certain periods. She used to be the president of Sasuke's fan club, but she'd gotten over that faze when she started dating Lee. The two had gotten on fairly well since.


The pink haired medic-student looked up from her computer, and swivelled round her computer chair, her green eyes wide in shock at the sudden intrusion.


"Don't bother knocking, then." She muttered under her breath. "Senile? Are you sure?"


Sasuke nodded, deadly serious. "I need a CAT scan asap."


Sakura chuckled and, using her feet, pushed herself and the chair over to where Sasuke was sitting. Crossing her legs, she took out a note-pad and pen.


"Okay, Sasuke. Why do you think your going senile?" She asked, jotting down on the pad.


"Well, there's this guy..." Sasuke began.


"Say no more!" Sakura said, looking to the ceiling in despair, while putting her notebook back in her pocket.


"I swear, sometimes you boys have nothing upstairs but air."


Sasuke glared at the rosette, but she just grinned back at him. "So, what's his name?"


"Na..."


(Flashback) "I can't take you back, I'll just get the both of us arrested." (End Flashback)


Sakura raised an eyebrow. "Na- who?"


"Na-obody you know." Sasuke said, mentally kicking himself at his stupidity. Sakura obviously wasn't buying it, but carried on anyway.


"Al-righty then... So, what's he look like?"


"Well, he's our age, 18, and he's got this crazy messy blonde mop that I dare to call hair. He's shorter than me, but stockier... And he has really blue eyes that make the sky look like grey because they're so bright. His skin is really rough, but when he touched me, even when he was pinning me down, it was still really gentle..."


Sakura nodded knowingly as Sasuke stared into space, uncharacteristically.


"I see... Wait, pinned you down?"


Sasuke was instantly brought back to earth with the realisation that he'd let slip something important. "A car lost control, he was just pinning me against the wall when he pushed me away. Don't get any ideas." Sasuke's excuse was a little rushed, but she seemed not to have noticed.


"Okay then... So what is exactly troubling you?"


"Haven't you been listening?" He said, his impassive voice almost impatient. "He is! I can't get him out of my head..."


Sakura watched Sasuke with a sparkle in her eye.


"There's only one thing for it."


"What's that?"


"You have to see him again!" Sakura said, waving her hands in the air enthusiastically as she grinned, as if she'd just spent ages trying to figure out the obvious.


Sasuke stared at her dubiously.


"I can't. He's gone." He muttered impassively, his stoic face watching as emotions flickered across Sakura's face. Sympathy?


"Well, go after him." She pushed her chair backwards so that she was at the desk again, jotting down something on a piece of paper. "Here. give this to the office, you're being excused due to a migraine." Sasuke stood, took the note from his friends hands and nodded.


"Hn."


Sakura watched his retreating back and smiled. She knew that 'Hn' was Sasuke's way of saying 'thank you'.


x - o - x - o - x



Sasuke's black Volvo slipped through the gates of the school parking lot, his CD playing on a low as his mind raced.


'I'm really not sure what I am supposed to achieve by going after the dobe.' Sasuke thought to himself, leaning into the car door as he turned a sharp corner. 'What am I supposed to say to him? ''Hey, I couldn't get you out of my head so I came after you?'' What if he's in a hurry and rejects me?'


Sasuke stopped at a traffic light, eyeing up the round-a-bout up ahead. He could always turn back, return to school and try and forget about him.


'Yeah, 'cause that worked so well before'. Sasuke contradicted himself.


The light turned green, and Sasuke headed towards the round-a-bout, chewing his lip.


Second turn? Right the way round?


Naruto? Or School?


He turned his steering wheel to the left, descending on the round-a-bout.


Life of adventure, but always running away?


Life of boredom, but safe in my own home?


Brave.


Coward.


We'll that's pretty much decided it.


Sasuke spun his car to the left, for the second turning, at the last minute, not bothering to indicate. He received a few fingers from the other drivers, but he ignored them as his mind was else where.


'There's no turning back now. I am going to throw my whole life away, to be with some stranger I met yesterday.'


Possibly the best decision of my life.


x - o - x - o - x


So... What did you guys think?
Don't worry, I'll have the next chapter up lickety split. ^^
And will you please review? Do you know how depressing it is when nobody reviews! :0
Your downing my vibe!
(Ha Ha, I've always wanted to say that. XD)

It'd be much appreciated, even if you're just telling me that the story stinks.
Heck, even just a rating would be fine!
Please?

Thanks for reading the second chapter, Hope you enjoyed! ^^

XOXOX