TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


what hurts the most. by AphoriditeRose

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don't bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let 'em out
I'm not afraid to cry every once in a while


An oppressive darkness loomed in the small room, soundless save the reveberating of Naruto's heart, racing like a fever in the blood, and the soft thump of water on glass. A soft light produced from a small bedside lamp, illuminating whiskered cheeks, blonde hair, and damp grey eyes.


Naruto sat glumly on his bed, memorys and regret racing through his troubled mind. Stopping, starting, playing all over again. Like a broken record they kept filling his lifeless eyes with fresh tears and his heart with wordless emotions. He wiped the damp off the photoframe he held tightly in his grasp, and traced his index finger over the glass as if somehow hoping it would bring him back to the times before he had left.


Naruto bit his lip as more tears cascaded down his whiskered cheeks. Clutching the photo to his chest, he doubled over numbly and sobbed into his duvet. He needed to be held in his arms, to feel his heart beating next to his ear, to feel the happiness that he took with him when he left. To feel alive again. His abrupt sobs subsided into smaller hiccups, and he gazed with longing at the picture.


"Why did you leave me, Sasuke? Why didn't you come back? Why? I need you!! Sasuke!? You fucking cold hearted BASTARD!..." Naruto yelled at the picture, his hands trembling as he threw the picture at the wall. The glass shattered and the wooden frame broke in two, leaving the picture to drift painfully slow to the awaiting floor.


His blood raged in his ears, his eye's shone red and he fisted his hair in his hands, clenching his eyes shut.


Stupid teme! Only thinking of himself, while the rest of us mourn his absense. Leaving Konoha, as if he ment nothing to us.. If I ever see him again i'll...


He looked up from his huddled position, and his eyes fell on the picture, surrounded by shards of glass and two halves of a photoframe. His breath hitched in his throat as realisation dawned on him. He instantly regretted his actions, and got up to kneel down by the scattered remains of his treasured picture. He swept it all up into his arms urgently, muttering to himself, repeating one word over and over again outloud; "No.. No.."


"Kit, calm down..."
"Shut up Kyuubi, I don't need your sympathy."
"I'm not sympathising you, kit. I'm a demon. I don't do sympathy."
"Shut it, and leave me alone."
"You have company."


There was a knock on his door, and he looked up abruptly, tipping all the glass from his hand and leaving it on the floor. He picked the picture up, with great caution, and placed it under his pillow gently. He tossed a blanket over the glass before running out his bedroom door and down the hallway to greet his unexpected guest. Feeling for his guests chakra signature he noticed it was Iruka, and wiping his eyes once more he placed a huge grin on his face and threw the door open.


"Iruka sensei!"


There are days every now and again I pretend
I'm okay but that's not what gets me



"Hey, Naruto. I havn't seen you in a while, thought i'd drop round and say hi.. Kami, what happened in here?"


Iruka's chocolate brown eye's widened in horror as they met the state of Naruto's apartment. Empty ramen bowls where littered all over the wooden floor, and clothes (including dirty boxers!) where tossed carelessly about the room. Scrolls and pens lay scattered disgracefully and Iruka was just as shocked to see that Naruto actually owned scrolls.


"What do you mean, Iruka sensei? It's the tidiest I've seen it in a long while!" Naruto's grin was still tugging at his lips, but his dull grey eyes remained stoic and emotionless. Iruka picked up on this, and he smiled warmly at his old student. "Naruto Uzumaki, what are we to do with you?" Naruto simply put his hands behind his head before walking into the kitchen, letting the smile slip from his face as he walked into the kitchen with Iruka following behind him.


"Naruto, have I come at a bad time?"
"Ano.. Uh, yeah, actually you sorta have, Iruka sensei.." - Naruto let his smile falter a little untill it was barely there at all - "If you don't mind, I'd just like to be alone.. I'll come find you tomorrow though, sensei!" Naruto added quickly, realising he actually hadn't seen his old academy teacher in a while - Naruto still called Iruka Sensei dispite the fact that he was no longer his tutor. "That's fine Naruto, and you know that if you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here, Kakashi and Tsunade too, okay?" "Okay, Iruka sensei, see you tomorrow."


Iruka nodded and smiled, letting himself out the frount door. Naruto waited untill he heard Iruka's retreating footsteps decending the stairs before running into his room again and lifting the blanket up off the remains of his photoframe.


"what have I done?"


What hurts the most was/is bein' so close
And havin' so much to say
And watchin' you walk away
And never knowin' what could've been
And not seein' that lovin' you
Is what I was tryin' to do



Naruto sighed, picking up the broken shards of glass and throwing them in the bin, alongside the pine-wood frame which had been given to him alongside the photo. He snorted at how pathetic he was being; 'Those days are gone. He's never coming back... He rolled his eyes in a futile attempt to lie to himself, tell himself that this rage and sadness will blow over, that he is okay.


He flopped back down on his bed again, and burried his face in his pillow, trying to suffocate the emotions burning in his heart and errupting from his throat and eyes. He felt the picture under said pillow, and pulled it out again. A genuin smile flicked across his eyes, gently tugging at his tanned features.


flashback.

Sasuke and Naruto sat bathing in the hot July sun, watching Sakura chase Kakashi around the team 7 training grounds. The perverted sensei had been raiding her underwear drawers. Again. Naruto turned to the Uchiha lying next to him. "Sasuke, do you hate me?" 11-year-old Naruto looked sheepishly at an equally young Sasuke, and his bright cerulean eyes sparkled with a sad curiousity. He crossed his fingers wishfully behind his back, and waited patiently for the Uchiha's reply.


Naruto missed the hurt look on Sasuke's face since he'd quickly returned it to it's usual passive expression. "Dobe. You're damn right annoying, a loud-mouth, clumsy, and a complete baka." The blonde's eyebrows furrowed deeply as the ravens words sank in. "Oh.."


"But no, I don't think I could ever hate you, Naruto." said blonde's face lit up, and he studied the Uchiha carefully, making sure it wasn't one of his devious tricks. He grinned his famous Uzumaki grin, and held his fist out towards Sasuke, who did so likewise. The outstretched fists collided, and the two continued to enjoy the veiw of their jounin sensei being beaten-up by an 11-year-old konoichi, arguing over who'd come out with the most bruises. (Ano, I'm pretty sure it would be Kakashi! xD)


End Flashback.


Naruto's eyelids drooped, and for the first time in weeks fell into a fitfull slumber. A dark sillouette watched him from the window-sill, witnessing the blonde mutter four words that the mysterious stranger had been wanting to hear for years.


"I love you, Sasuke."

~

The dark shape moved across Naruto's room with silent fleeting footfalls, in fear of waking the slumbering ninja. However, as I just said, he was a Ninja. Lids fluttered over grey eye's as he grabbed the kunai he kept by his bed and threw it in the direction of the intruder, then throwing his pillow at the lightswitch. Light flooded the room, and Naruto's jaw hit the floor in disbeleif. Shock written across his face, he dropped back onto his bed, cerulean eye's never leaving the dark onyx one's of his beloved companion.


"Sa..Sasuke?!"

TOOO be continued. I think this will be more than a oneshot, dontcha think? :P Please rate and reveiw! Iiiii hate it when people don't >.> Grinds on my cheese, so it does. x] Yes, i have cheese for nerves. Anyway, r&r and i'll update asap! =]