TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


A New Kind of Ninja by Monjaru

[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Disclaimer: The three protagonists of this story belong to my friends and I who are writing this fanfiction. All other characters belong to their respective owners. We are not being paid and no copyright infringement is intended.

Notes: The beginning of this story is completely clean and is [what I would consider] suitable for all ages. However, as the story progresses, some scenes [which may include violence, or suggestive themes] may not be suitable for younger audiences and will probably raise to a PG level rating. I [and my friends] will do our best to keep this story away from harsher content, but be aware that this is not always going to be the case. That is all.
Chapter notes: Well, it took a while, but the first chapter is finally up. Chapters will hopefully be updated weekly, but school schedules may not always permit. So, read on and enjoy!
A boy stood, sixteen years of age, in a large, grassy field in the middle of a forest. His expression: fierce, his goal: victory. His opponent stood some twenty meters away. It was a feline - and a large one at that - a lioness to be more precise. The two glared at each other warily, ready for whatever attack the other might make. They seemed locked in an eternal staring contest, neither one letting the other have an inch of advantage.

Then, with speed unrivaled by lightning, the she-lion charged . The teenage boy saw it though and prepared for defense. After easily clearing half the distance between them, the lioness seemed to disappear. The boy glanced upward just in time to see a blur of cream colored fur hurtling towards him. He gasped, rolling out of the way as quickly as possible. Instantaneously, he was blown backwards in an explosion of dust. As the boy recovered from the indirect assault, the lioness ambled slowly and confidently toward him. Placing her front paws on his shoulders and lying down on him - using her weight to avoid any struggle - she leaned in close to his head and opened her mouth…

“Pinned ya.” she said, a grin overtaking her face and a giggle escaping behind her voice. “Yeah, yeah, yeah.” he returned with an agitated stare. He wriggled underneath his leonine companion for a moment, and she was quick to mock the futile effort. “I’m 450 pounds of pure muscle, Shaniso. You’re not moving me anywhere.” She promptly lay her head down on his chest. “Besides, I’m just starting to get comfortable.”

For a second or two, she lye happily atop him, but before long she rose to her feet inspecting him with displeasure. She rolled her eyes, then narrowed them slightly before slashing his body with all her might. A small puff of smoke emerged and when it settled a small log was in his place. The log was evenly split into quarters. Rubbing her paw against her chest, the lioness turned and looked up into a tree behind her. “Ya know, a girl could take offense to a guy playing with her mind like that.” “Oh, come on Nala. You know I hate it when you sit on me.” Shaniso replied from his perch.

Again showing off her incredible feline agility, Nala disappeared and reappeared next to Shaniso. He turned his head calmly. “Sometimes I wonder why I don’t just kill you.” They both laughed at this. They both knew that she could easily kill him if she really wanted to, but they also knew that she was only joking and would never seriously consider such a violent course of action. Not against a friend. “Maybe it’s because you like me.” Shaniso suggested jokingly.

Nala quickly caught the intentions of his comment and she smiled, using a paw to push him sideways. He put out a hand to stop himself from falling and sat back up, laughing. A moment of silence followed this and Shaniso looked down at the battlefield, now scarred with a huge crater. “Jeez, looks like you were trying to kill me.” “Nah. If I was really trying to kill you,” she closed her eyes and smiled, “we wouldn’t be talking right now.”

“Well, that was a, uh--interesting fight.” came a voice from below. The two in the tree recognized the sound immediately, but were startled by the unexpectedness of it anyway. Whirling their heads around to meet the source, their eyes came to rest upon another small group of two. Both were blonde girls of about the same age as Shaniso, and while one continued to keep her voice unknown, arms folded and eyes closed, the girl who had spoken previously spoke once more. “What the heck were you guys doing anyway? We said we’d break for five minutes, and you two go off into a fifteen minute brawl.”

“Whatever, Akiko. It’s only ten minutes. You act as if--” “Just shut up and come on. We have to keep moving if we wanna make it before nightfall.”

Shaniso sighed. “Fine.” He slowly slipped off of the branch, fell and landed in a crouching position on the ground below. Releasing his crouched legs and standing up, he began to amble in the girl’s direction. About two steps into his journey however, he was met by a falling object from above. Nala. She landed directly on top of him, and Shaniso fell yet again. “You would have made a better pillow if you had been laying down already.” she said, hopping off. “I hate you.” the agitated nin clearly stated. “Well, I’m sorry you feel that way.” A moment of silence. “Just get up and let’s go already!”

Another silence. “Coming, coming.”



“Stop messing around guys,” ordered Akiko, “We’ve still got a long way to go. I don’t see why you had to let Nala out anyway; we don’t have time for distractions.”
“Chill out, Akiko,” Nala snapped, “I’m staying out. It’s nighttime and I’m in the mood to hunt. “
“Maybe it’s not such a bad idea to let our summons out for some fresh air,” agreed Koshito.
“Fine,” Akiko sighed. In perfect unison the two girls drew blood from their fingers, swiped it across scrolls removed from side pockets, and placed their right hands onto the dirt road. “SUMMONING JUTSU!!”

Suddenly a small, brown monkey with a purple hat and matching vest appeared in a flash of smoke at Koshito’s side. “Abuuu.” came it’s cheery voice as the primate removed it’s tiny hat in a fashion of greeting the group. Simultaneously, an orange creature, resembling both an otter and a weasel, materialized at Akiko’s. Sporting a fancy pair of brown goggles and a similarly colored pair of fingerless gloves, the orange and yellow furred ottsel stood vainly.

A devious grin sprawled across Nala’s face and she took a step forward. “Forget searching for a crummy old deer, I’ll take out this useless rat instead,” Nala crouched down in her pouncing position, and lunged full force toward the conceited rodent.
“Hey, hey! Watch the fur!” Daxter screeched as he ran up Akiko’s arm and settled atop her shoulder blade. “I spent hours making myself look this sexy.” Daxter turned and pointed at Abu. “You can eat the monkey.”

“Knock it off you two. I’d like to reach a village by morning. You can act stupid some other time,” Akiko demanded. Abu hissed at Daxter before jumping on Koshito’s head.
“Hey Nala, how come you never ride on my head,” Shaniso complained as they continued on their way.
Nala scoffed, “Because you made me try it once, and the whole time you were whining about your bleeding scalp.” Shaniso tilted his head in recollection of the memory.

“Oh yeah,” he started slowly. Then he pointed an accusatory finger at Nala, “I still say you purposely sharpened your claws,” he scowled, crossing his arms in a displeased fashion.
This said, she glowed faintly, her bioluminescent form shifting in size. She retained this light until she was the size of a very young cub. “You baby.” Her tone was greatly changed and reflected her new, petite body, full of innocent charm. She gracefully ascended the back of Shaniso’s shirt and lightly touched his shoulder as she bounded onto his head. Slipping just once, Nala pushed off of her companion’s ear for support.

The six of them traveled on, and to Akiko’s wish, just as the sun was rising, they approached a sign that read, “Welcome to Konohagakure.”
“Well,” Koshito started, “hopefully this ‘Konohagakure’ will accept us.
But,” she motioned toward Nala, Daxter, and Abu, “You guys should go back for awhile.”
Her two friends nodded in accordance. They did a few quick hand signs and slapped their left palms to the ground and three black holes appeared where they placed their hands.
Now off of his owner’s shoulder, Daxter peered at the familiar hole and with mock horror cried, “No! Not the black porthole of doom! You’ll never rid of me that easily, I’m- “

Nala rolled her eyes and kicked Daxter, causing him to fall head first into the hole.
The remaining five stared at the hole with half amusement as they listened to Daxter’s meaningless squabbles grow fainter and fainter as he plummeted deeper into the void.

When at last he was completely incoherent, Nala and Abu obediently jumped through their own holes. With their summons gone, the group traveled to seek out the kage of Konoha. Upon entering the village, the group was ecstatic to find that the Hokage’s building was not difficult to find. Within minutes, they were inside the large structure awaiting permission to have a brief meeting with the head nin herself. After about an hour of waiting, they were finally submitted into the Hokage’s office.

“Finally!” exclaimed Shaniso as he rose from his lying position on the floor. “Shaniso, why were you on the floor?” asked Akiko as she and Koshito rose from their seats. “Maybe because I like the floor!” Shaniso yelled with a deceiving seriousness. “Okay, whatever,” Koshito rolled her eyes, “now which one of us is going to talk to this Hokage?” “I think Koshito should since she can talk seriously without randomly doing something stupid,” suggested Akiko. Shaniso glared in her direction. “What’s THAT supposed to mean, Akiko?” he bluntly asked, already knowing very well the meaning of her statement. “Nothing Shaniso, it’s just that we need a new home and if the Hokage doesn’t like us, we could be wandering for a while again,” Akiko calmly said. Her two friends nodded silently.

Ever since their village had been destroyed, they had been wandering, searching for a village to call home. They had lost everything in their village including those they loved, both friends and family. They were the only survivors from that fateful day and the three friends were not about to be separated or cast away from their chance to start over.

“She’ll see you now,” came the voice of a dark haired woman. “Thank you,” the threesome said in unison as they walked past her to enter the office. The room had a wall of windows, giving the Hokage and anyone else in the room an amazing view of the village below. The woman behind the desk kept a straight face as she watched the newcomers. Her amber eyes narrowed to study them closely. They didn’t look old. She guessed that they were no more than eighteen; probably younger. What business they had with her, she was unsure; but as she eyed them over, something caught her eye. Each one of the teens wore a headband, a shinobi headband. It didn’t surprise the Hokage that these children were ninja, but it was the symbol that was on their headbands that puzzled her. The vexing symbol was what looked like the head of a horse with a horn. The Hokage wondered what kind of village these kids could possibly be from.

“State your names and purpose,” the Hokage demanded with a dry, emotionless tone. One of the blonde girls spoke up, “I’m Ejoti Koshito. The girl next to me is Kazuyoshi Akiko, and next to her is Konkuo Shaniso,” she explained, motioning to the others as she called their names. “Our village was destroyed, and we are the only survivors. So we came to ask you if we can join and live in your village. If you let us stay, we’ll be in your hands and you can use us as you wish.” The Hokage continued to watch the three, mentally judging the validity of their story. Her eyes never strayed from their foreign shinobi headbands. “What village are you from? I don’t recognize your forehead protectors,” she asked with a growing curiosity. Koshito stepped forward with a reply, but was suddenly cut off by Shaniso.

“We’re from the village hidden in Candy Mountain! See the symbol on our forehead protectors? It’s a unicorn! Don’t be fooled by our childish headbands though, our ninja skillz are off da hook, yo.” he enthusiastically told her. “We’re too fast, too furious,” Shaniso finished with a wide grin. “You’ve been spending too much time with Daxter, haven’t you?” Akiko quietly asked Shaniso. “Maybe…” he replied, shifting his eyes repeatedly from left to right. Koshito had had enough and punched the cocky teen. He fell to his knees holding the back of his head, mumbling inaudible words.

“Shaniso, now is NOT the time. You want to get a home, right? How is the Hokage going to accept us if we look like complete idiots?” Koshito harshly chided the boy on the ground. The Hokage smiled at the amusing spectacle. “Shinobi, huh? Maybe we can use you here. You three shall be tested." All three looked up at her. "And depending on the results you will be ranked as genin, chuunin, or possibly jounin. Though I find the latter to be rather unlikely.” she paused for a moment, looking for recognition. She found it quickly and continued, “Where you three will stay will be up to you, but your are welcome here.”

“Thank you, Lady Hokage,” Akiko said taking over for her two friends. “Please, just call me Tsunade. But remember, I can throw you out if you prove to be dishonest or disloyal to this village or anyone else who resides here.” Tsunade grinned. The three teens thanked Tsunade again and walked out of the office and into the bright sunlight, looking at their new home.