TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Naruto Raiu by KurayamiLeader

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Miko is finally accepted as a chunin, however along with the new title comes new obstacles which need overcoming such as new rivals, friendships, and possible love interests. Also a mysterious missing nin resurfaces within Sandagakure, stirring up a cauldron of hot bubbling trouble.

Miko Makato, Tanzou, Shai, Yoichi,Tite, Jinroku, Maki, Konoyaha, Shichidaime, Mizaru, Doro, Yajuu, Kijo, Reni, Ai, Aoirou, Moto.
Maki Fuhina and her three escort shinobi stood behind the examination building, staring down at the corpses of the three examiners. "So that's what happened, I thought it suspicious that they would suddenly be assigned to diplomatic duty in the middle of the calm season." Maki said. "So that's why Gorokage and Konoyaha had to fill in for them...well, this is going to take some explaining." Maki added.

Just then some bubbles boiled up from the ground and a big water bubble burst and a light-brown haired young man came out. "Did someone say 'explain'?" he announced. "Did you invent that entrance simply to embarrass yourself Aoirou?" Maki asked. "It's the best entrance in town, can't compete with water-style!" Aoirou replied. "Oh? How about lightning-style?" Maki replied with a sinister grin. "Uh...no thanks...well anyway what're these corpses doing here?" "Don't touch this is a crime scene, someone lured the examiners out here and killed them...somehow, theres no bloodshed at all, and no visible wounds, however sure enough they're good as dead." Maki said. "How odd..." Aoirou added.

Maki turned to the three masked ninja standing behind her. "You captain, take the other oinin and search the grounds for any clues, and alert the rest of the squad to upgrade security settings throughout the city!" Maki ordered. "Yes ma'am!" The Oinin Captain said before he and the other vanished into thin air. Maki returned her attention to the corpses, "I don't know what went on here but I definitley smell a rat, this was an inside job." Maki declared. Aoirou's face panicked, "I-inside? As in within Sandagakure, someone we KNOW!?" "What else, our security settings have been on high alert, "A" ever since those bandits came stampeding through like a parade of elephants, and then you're gonna tell me an 'outsider' slips in murders three high-ranking ninja and then slips out, I don't think so." Maki affirmed. "Ah boy...this is not good...I'm gonna cry..." Aoirou panicked. Maki sighed, "How in the hell did you ever make Shichidaime's assistant, much less a shinobi at all, you're totally pathetic!" Maki blurted. "Hey now, I hate violence, and blood, and corpses...a-and the Lord Gorokage and I are close y'know, like cousins, or sisters or something!" Aoirou added. "Like brothers you mean?" Maki corrected. "Oh yeah, what did I say? Heh-heh." Aoiro chuckled nervously. Maki eyed him dubiously.

"Anyway...the Lord Gorokage must be informed about this." Maki stated. "W-what really? I thought you oinin were already on this!?" Aoirou replied. "Yes but since this a matter of security not to mention the perpetrator of the crime managed to kill three jounin plus level shinobi at the same time says something about his or her level of skill...I'm guessing 'S' Class." Maki stated. "S-Class! Th-that just sucks!" Aoirou complained. "Huh, why?" Maki asked. "Well as you know I AM The lord Gorokage's assistant, and as such I must be by his side at all times no matter what!" Aoirou stated proudly. Maki's expression shifted to a frustrated/confused one, "Then shouldn't you be with him now instead of messing with the crime scene?!" Aoirou panicked "You're right, my god what the lord Gorokage must be thinking right now!?" Aoirou said as he leapt onto the building then continued leaping away.
"He was probably thinking, 'finally I can relax without that baka around me'." Maki said to herself.

A few hours later...
Doro and his flunkies, Yajuu and Kijo enter professor Moto's office. Professor Moto, a middle-aged man of about forty had light brown hair and a genuine friendly appearance about him. He sat at his desk reading a text book. "Moto-Sensei!" Doro announced as he approached. The professor looked up to see the three students standing in the doorway of his office. Moto closed his book and focused his attention toward the students. "Yes Doro, oh and Yajuu and Kijo too. Well, what can I do for you?" he asked with a smile. "We have been training intensively with the jutsus you gave us for twelve months straight just as you have asked us, we are ready for our chūnin examination now." Doro announced. Moto's eyes shined, "Oh really? So you three believe you're really worthy of walking the ranks of Sandagakure's finest?" Moto replied. "Yes sensei if you would allow it." Doro said kneeling, followed by Yajuu and Kijo. Moto laughed and signaled for them to rise. "Yes of course, it is only natural that you should feel superior. after all...you DID follow my instructions exactly as I gave them...well...exactly as my...disciple interpreted them to you." Moto said.

[Flashback sequence: Doro and his comrades are walking through a thick fog within a big forested area, they stop when they come to a large old tree shaped like a skeleton. The sky is pitch black with an unusual-looking moon hovering above.
"Mizaru, we came as Moto-sensei instructed us." Doro announced as he approached the skeletal tree. Mizaru, a man of twenty-two. He was pale man with medium-long silvery-white hair that he wore in a ponytail. "I'm glad to see that you showed up, now I can give you three the secret 'kinjutsu' that lies within these scrolls." Mizaru said stepping from around a tree. "How long will it take us to master them?" Yajuu asked. "That all depends on your dedication to being the most powerful ninja in the land. Do you want to be the predator or the prey?" Mizaru replied. "We will spend as much time as it takes to learn these jutsus." Doro said. "Good. Moto-Sensei requests that you take the twelve required months to learn these techniques." Mizaru stated. "Twelve months!?" Yajuu groaned. "Yajuu don't bitch!" Kijo chided. "We will do as Moto-Sensei commands, we WILL become the most powerful nin in Sandagakure." Doro announced. "Why stop there? Why not extend your reach beyond Sandagakure and to even Amegakure, or Kirigakure. If you follow Moto-Sensei's instructions exactly, I have no doubt that you three WILL become the most powerful shinobi on the map." Mizaru proclaimed. Doro and his comrades stood in awe and aspirations arose within each of them...]

"Well since the three of you are now 'officially' chūnin, your first official mission is to learn a new jutsu technique, that even my apprentice doesn't know." Moto said, reaching into his desk and pulling out a rolled up scroll. Doro and the others watched as Moto presented the scroll before the three of them. "But Moto-Sensei, are we not to be placed before a committee to be judged of our skills?" Doro wondered. "Who cares, if Moto-Sensei says we're chūnin, then we're chūnin!" Yajuu blurted. "Yes, but all 'official' chūnin have those vests and wear special insignias on them." Kijo explained. "Yes you three shall receive yours as well, I spoke to the board earlier...and I showed them a tape of your remarkable skills." Moto explained. "A tape?" Doro replied. "Yes, though you wouldn't have thought it I placed a camera in the boughs of the 'death tree' within the Raigaou Forest, for this very purpose." Moto said with a smile. "But I thought we had to be judged in person." Doro added. "Yes, and the jutsus we learned were all 'kinjutsu'!" Kijo reminded. "Only half of them were really kinjutsu, the rest were just unknown by other colleagues here at the academy. I made sure to only show the 'other' jutsus on the tape. I explained to the board that the jutsus were so high-impact that it would literally blow the roof off the building, which is why I taped you all." "I see, then that all makes sense. Thank you Moto-sensei for going out of your way to do this for us." Doro said with a bow, followed by Yajuu and Kijo. "There is no need to thank me my students, I just want the best for you all." Moto said.

Three hours later....
It is evening time at the Makato residence. Miko lays on her bed in her nightshirt, her new chūnin vest hangs on display on her closet door across from her bed. She continues to look the vest over in admiration and giggle and laugh with excitement. "Yahoo I did it!" She yelled with excitement. "I'm finally a chūnin!" She said jumping with joy.

The next day it was raining in the village hidden in the clouds. Miko was early to the daily Chunin exercise meet. She was in the 'Blue' Faction, which was always instructed by Maki Fuhina. But today was different, since Maki was on "secret duty," she was replaced with a different teacher who had yet to show up.

Miko stood perfectly still, eyes straightforward, but could not keep from grinning. Shai Otokusa stood on her right side while a young man named Tanzou Uruhime stood on her left side. "Heeeee-heee-heeee!" Miko giggled excitedly. Shai showed an annoyed expression and furowed an eyebrow. ("That Miko's such a blockhead, one minute she's a genin the next a chūnin...what's wrong with the system!?") Shai thought. "Hooray today I'm finally gettin' yelled at by Maki Fuhina!" Miko shouted excitedly. "Actually not this time..." A man's voice corrected her. Miko looked and saw a tall man garbed in black ninja gear, except for his Jounin vest which was an ochre yellow. He had blood red hair, and had eyes that were piercing, one which was blue and the other green. He wore a black Sandagakure headband on his forehead, and his ears were each pierced twice. He approached the 'Blue' faction.

"Sorry I'm late, I left the gas on at my house, oh and then my favorite soap opera wasn't recorded so I had to catch the webisode, and so-on." He declared. So far Miko was not impressed by her substitute sensei's overall demeanor, he seemed to care more about his TV shows than his job as a teacher. "Hey Teach! Just what gives with you being late and expecting us to wait and all!?" Miko shouted. Shai glared at Miko. The man scratched his head, "I'm sorry was that directed towards me?" Miko literally fell over then got back up. "I'm really sorry, it's just that I am not usually an instructor so please bear with me..." He explained. "Um, excuse me, Mister substitute sensei, may we have your name so that we may appropriately address you sir?" Shai asked. "Oh yes of course, my name is 'Yoichi Kotoda', my friends call me Yoichi, but don't ever call me 'bumblebee-yoichi' or I will bash you, now any questions?" Everyone stood with there jaws dropped. "Oh yes one last thing, about Maki...well it seems as though she has been reassigned to security investigations so...I, Yoichi Kotoda, shall be your new instructor." Yoichi announced. Shai, Miko, and Tanzou all literally fell over.

"Hmmm...are you all okay, need to see the nurse?" Yoichi asked. "No-we're fine, just preparing ourselves for the future." Shai said. "That's good, a shinobi must always look toward the future...or is it 'always to the sun'?" Yoichi replied. Three other students: Iaito, Maiko, and Li all stood near Miko, Tanzou, and Shai. "Who is this guy?" Iaito whispered to Maiko. "I dunno, I guess he was a drop-out nin?" Maiko replied. "Guys don't be foolish, the man is obviously strong he is a special Jounin, so therefore he could easily take either of us out, we haven't even been chūnin for a year yet." Li reminded.

"Okay first off, I have some good news and some bad news, well actually they're both sorta bad...or maybe good depending on if you're an optomitrist..." Yoichi said. "Don't you mean 'optimist' Yoichi-sensei?" Shai corrected. "Oh yeah, sure...well anyway, you will all be split up into teams of three." He said. "What!? That's complete crap teach, just like when we were kiddie little genin!" Miko hollered. "Miko...shut up!" Shai scolded. "Who me?" Yoichi replied, causing Miko to yet again fall over. "Sorry, as I said I'm not used to teaching so..." Yoichi stated.

"Anyway...the other bad news or good news...is...um...hmm...you will be put into groups...by...ME!!!" This response caused a chain reaction of 'fear; within the 'Blue' faction. Miko and Shai both screamed as Tanzou fainted. "Now, now it's not as bad as it is." Yoichi said. "Okay, I will put every three people in a group, so that's, Iaito, Maiko, and Li will make one group of three." Yoichi explained. Maiko blew a sigh of relief. ("Crap! If he's doing it that was then I'm for SURE stuck with Miko baka, and ZERO alone time with Tanzou...this SUCKS!") Shai groaned to herself. "So...Shai, Miko, and Tanzou, that will be another group of three..." Yoichi said. ("Good, now that I am in a group with peers that I know, I will be able to focus better.") Miko thought to herself. ("Son of a-- [BLEEP!]")Shai swore in her mind. "Hmph..." is all that Tanzou said. Shai glanced at Tanzou ("I wonder what that was for...maybe he doesn't want to be in a group with me!? No-no, of course not, it's Miko, definitely Miko, she bugs him, with her-her weirdness...it's totally a faux pas on our style.") Shai thought.

By the end of the pairings, Miko and Shai were giving each other the "evil eye" and sized each other up. "What're you looking at Miko-Baka?" Shai wondered. "Nothing Shai-Rat!" Miko replied. There were sparks of lightning firing from both their eyes at one another. Tanzou reluctantlty removed himself from the quarrel.

"Okay, so everyone ready?" yoichi asked. A masked chūnin officer appeared from nowhere and whispered a message to Yoichi. "Uh huh...yeah...okay...yeah...I see...very well." He said. The messenger-nin disappeared, leaving Miko to wonder what he said to Yoichi in the first place. "Well folks, looks like I have a quick urgent little meaning that I have to attend..." Shai raised her hand, "Yes Shai I know what I just said was probably an oxymoron or something. Anyway I'll leave you to study up on jutsu techniques and hmm...as homework, I want you to come up with one thing that you fear most and have it ready for me by tomorrow...by 'it' I mean a paper, to be read orally, unless you can memorize all of the details. Anyway, I'm off, tata!" With that, Yoichi-Sensei disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Once again the beginner chūnin all stood with their jaws dropped and left in wonder and awe. "What...the...hell...?" Maiko muttered. "Let's get outta here, I wanna check out the new video parlor." Iaito suggested. "No way, Yoichi-Sensei assigned us a task which we MUST carry out we are a TEAM now!" Li said. "Yeah ya know Li's right Iatio." Maiko replied. "Tch, Li-groupie..." Iaito murmured. "What-what-what!?" Maiko argued.

"Well guys I'm of, I'm gonna seriously train hard and learn some 'new' jutsu." Miko said. "What on your own, whatever blockhead!" Shai snorted. "Yeah I think I'll go with you Miko, I also need to study up on jutsu-techniques." Tanzou said. Shai's complexion paled and her jaw dropped, and she fell over. "If that is okay with you Miko-kun?" Tanzou asked. "Uhh...okay...sure!" Miko replied unsure. Tanzou smiled, "Great, then let's get going." "W-wait for me guys, I can help I stuff that can...help!" Shai explained as she chased after the two. "Gee Shai I thought you were 'too-cool' to hang around a blockhead like me." Miko said. "I'm just trying to help and learn, I mean you never know what may result with the two of you being alone..." Shai blurted. "What!?" Tanzou and Miko asked simultaneously. "I mean I don't care, go ahead an go, geez, stupid Miko-baka!" Shai said out of breath. "Fine, whatever!" Miko said, turning and leaving with Tanzou. Shai watched for one second then began chasing after them, "WAIT!"

Yoichi Kotado appeared before the Gorokage and Konoyaha in the Gorokage's chambers. "Yes lord Gorokage, I recieved a message stating you wanted to see me and what-not." Yoichi said. "Yes, it's about the missing three..." Shichidaime Gorokage said. "The examiners?" Yoichi asked. The Gorokage nodded. "Lady Fuhina has just discovered som evidence that proves that the three were never actually on assignment but were in fact 'murdered'." the Gorokage stated. "All within the proximity of the city?" Yoichi wondered. Shichidaime shook his head, "They were killed exactly behind the examination building, and their bodies were left as they were." Yoichi's expression turned to serious. "I suspect that 'whoever' the killer was, wasn't afraid of being found out." he said. "Yes that appears to be the case, however without any sufficient evidence we have no one to point a finger at." Konoyaha said. "Even so, who could've done this?" Yoichi asked. "Not who, how?"
Maki corrected as she entered the chambers. "We have no clues at all to indicate the exact cause of death." Maki added. "Strange...now who could've known...?" Yoichi wondered. "Could it have been poison?" Konoyaha asked. Maki shook her head. "No, we would have found some traces of poison in their systems, instead what we found was nothing." Maki answered. "Hmmm...we're dealing with a professional killer here." the Gorokage stated. "Have all of the vanguard been alerted?" he asked. "Yes. As long as the investigation continues, no one is to enter or leave the limits of Sandagakure." Maki exclaimed. "Good, we just may have some revelation to this case after all." the Gorokage replied. Yoichi turned to Maki, "Have the corpsed been moved at all?" "Yes, we moved one of the corpses for examination, while we taped up the crime scene with the other two." Maki said. "Take me there, I think I have a hunch." Yoichi said.

Later...
Miko, Tanzou, and Shai arrive within the Raigaou Forest. "Isn't this the Raigaou woods, I heard it was haunted." Tanzou said. "Miko why are WE training here?" Shai asked. "WE will train here because its where I practice MY 'special secret jutsu', if you don't want to be here by all means turn around go home by yourself." Miko said. Shai looked around and the forest certainly wasn't inviting, even in the day time. "No, no that's okay I think I can stick it out...better than Miko-baka." Shai said. "Okay, so what will we practice first? We're chūnin now so we need to have 'heightened' abilities, so I say we refresh 'all' of our previous skills." Tanzou suggested. "Here, here, excellent idea Tanzou-kun!" Shai applauded. "Suck up..." Miko murmured. "So, how about refreshing chakra alignment and try walking up these trees." Tanzou added. "Good idea, Let's get started!" Miko said.

The three of them used the appropriate handsigns, sending chakra flow to their feet and each proceeded up a tree. Miko walked all the way to the top of the tree and looked around. She could see the sky perfectly, and could see the mountains and everything else. She looked over westward and noticed something odd...she looked harder and saw a silvery haired man and three students with him. "I'll bet that's that punk Doro and his posse." Miko said. "I wonder what they're talking about." she added. "Who cares, they're just training like us." Shai said. "Yeah well I care, they're enemies, and plus they're not even chūnin yet!" Miko reminded. Miko made a handsign and began a jutsu "Sound Style: Audio Amplifier Jutsu!" Miko cast a jutsu that allowed her to hear exactly what Doro and his peers were saying.

Doro, Yajuu, and Kijo each took turns throwing kunai at a dead tree. "How much longer shall our charade last?" Doro asked Mizaru. "Not much longer, I've already spoken with the council and they are deliberating on the matter." "But I thought Moto-Sensei said that we 'ARE' chūnin!" Yajuu exclaimed. "Yes but it is still ultimately up to the high council to decide. However, I ensure you that the word I put in for you all will more than benefit you." Mizaru assured. "Hmph, and how come Moto-Sensei never trains us out here!?" Yajuu complained. "Duh baka, because he's old!" Kijo scolded. "Yes his old age is a hindrance, however since I am still in my 'prime', and as his acting apprentice I am obliged by default to guide you all here." Mizaru said.

Miko turned off her jutsu and jumped down from the tree. "Hmph..." she said. "HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!" Miko laughed almost hysterically. Shai looked at Miko dubiously. "What is so funny?" "Th-those three idiots actually believe they are chūnin!" Miko replied. "Yeah so, maybe they got their examination already like we did!" Shai explained. "No, no, no you don't understand those three are COMPLETE losers!" Miko said still laughing. "It's getting late, we should leave and come back tomorrow." Tanzou suggested. "Yeah, and NEXT time I'll choose the location!" Shai stated. "No way Shai-Rat!" Miko declared.

Yoichi and Maki stood by the two corpses of the examiners, with the third in the morgue. "So you're sure you only took one." Yoichi asked. "Positive, we didn't want to spoil the crime scene in case of evidence we may have missed." Maki said. "Well that's good..." Yoichi replied. "Huh?" "Did you ever notice that the two corpses are wet?" Yoichi pointed out. "I thought it was rigor mortis." Maki responded. "Nope, it definitely lookes as though these men were drowned to death." Yoichi explained. "Drowned? How is that even possible?" Maki wondered. "Well...their mouths are all wide open, that is unusual trait for all of the corpses to posses, and I am assuming it was a type of water-jutsu that was used to kill them." Yoichi said. "A water-jutsu, I hadn't thought of that." Maki admitted. "Yup, no doubt about it, they were drowned to death." Yoichi confirmed. "Well that solves one mystery, what about the other, who could've killed them?" Maki asked. "Well...I have a hunch..." Yoichi said.

Just then Miko, Tanzou, and Shai approached the crime scene and walked under the yellow tape. "Hi Yoichi-Sensei, cool setup is this for Halloween or what!?" Miko asked. "This is an official crime scene NOT for kids." Maki said. "Miko, Tanzou, Shai, why are you all here, how come you're not doing your homework?" Yoichi asked. "We were Yoichi-Sensei, we went to the Raigaou Forest and practiced our basic jutsus to heighten them, that's when I spotted Doro and his stupid peers practicing with some silvery guy." Miko declared. "Silvery guy?" Yoichi wondered. "Yeah, some guy, looked about your age, was training them...maybe his name was Moto, I dunno they kept mentioning 'Moto-Sensei,' so I guess that's their teacher." Miko added. Yoichi and Maki exchanged serious looks. "Miko, Tanzou, Shai, I want you three to go home and do your homework, do NOT leave your homes!" Yoichi ordered before disappearing along with Maki.

"What's up with that, I'm not gonna just go home, let's go to the Raigaou Forest and spy on them!" Miko said heading back. "Oh my god! Is that a 'real' corpse!?" Shai screamed. "Wait for me Miko!" Tanzou shouted after. "Wait Tanzou why are YOU going!?" Shai asked. "Because I can't let a GIRL go in there alone!" he replied. "Well WAIT UP! I'm a GIRL too ya know!" Shai hollered after.

Miko, Tanzou, and Shai arrived within the Raigaou Forest and saw nothing, it was much darker now. "Miko this is ludicrous!" Shai said. "Why don't we just go back now while we STILL can!" she added. "You can, no one's making YOU stay!" Miko replied. "Ohhh! Grrrr!" Shai growled. "What's that light ahead of us?" Tanzou pointed to a dim flashing light just ahead. "Forbidden Jutsu: "Inka no shi o mitsumeru!!" a voice shouted. A wave of light and wind ripped past Miko and Tanzou, nearly lifting them from the ground. They had to duck behind the safety of the trees. Shai darted behind a tree, kunai in hand, ready for an attack. "Damn, they mean business, these ones." Tanzou said, pulling out a windmill shuriken.

Like tornadoes, Doro, Yajuu, and Kijo arrived on the scene, tearing up earth and wrecking trees in their path. "Well, well it would seem we've created quite a path of destruction in our wake!" Doro analyzed. "No sense in hiding out there Makato-Miko, you came to fight!" Doro added. "Damn, he knows we're here!" Miko replied. "HIM! It was the 'losers' that cast that last jutsu?" Tanzou asked. "That last one, it was a kinjutsu, but they're not even chūnin yet, so how did they learn that?" Shai asked herself. "Come out, come out!" Yajuu hollered, breathing fire out of his mouth. "Damn, they're almost inhuman." Tanzou noted. "We'd better do something, and quick!" Miko said. "Futon: Oni no tōboe no Jutsu!" Kijo shouted, blowing a fierce wave of air upon the direction of Miko and Tanzou. "That's it! We've no choice!" Tanzou admitted.

"Shadow-clone jutsu!" Tanzou shouted. Creating ten clones of himself, each one activating his windmill shuriken and hurtling them all at Doro and Yajuu. "Take this!!!" he shouted. Doro and Yajuu were both struck by the windmill shurikens and dispersed into wind as they were hit. "Substitution jutsu!" Tanzou analyzed. Kijo jumped out and punched Shai. "Hey!" Shai yelled. "Suiton: Suisei funsai ken no Jutsu!" Shai shouted, creating a fist-shaped wave to rise up from the ground, grab Kijo and squeeze her in the palm of its hand. "How do you like that?" Shai asked, getting to her feet. "I...can't...move!" Kijo said. "Now Break!" Shai yelled hurtling three kunai at the water hand, blowing Kijo up along with it. After the explosion of ice, the remains of Kijo were not blood and gore however it was mud and clay. "A substitution jutsu?" Shai wondered. She looked around and could see no trace of Kijo anywhere. "No, I had that jutsu locked on, she had to have been destroyed unless..."

Meanwhile the fight between Miko, Tanzou and Doro, Yajuu raged on. "You're absolutely useless Makato-Miko!" Doro announced. "Funny, I was just gonna say the same thing to you!" Tanzou lashed out with a kunai and tried hitting Yajuu, but he avoided and quickly came behind and struck Tanzou on the back of his head, sending him down to the ground. "Tanzou!!!" Miko yelled. Shai appeared, "Guys, they're not real..they're...Tanzou!?" Shai yelled. She ran over to Tanzou and checked on him. Doro and Yajuu exchanged looks and advanced their fighting. "Suiton: Futago no kiba no Jutsu!" The two began gyrating so fast that they were just one blurry entity that was approaching Miko at a rapid pace. "That's it, now I'm pissed!" Miko announced. "So what Shai, you said these guys aren't real or what?" Shai looked at Miko. "No, I killed Kijo, at least I thought I had, and it was all just mud, a mud-clone." Shai stated. Miko smirked, "That's all I needed to know." Miko said. "Raiton: Raiu no Jutsu!" Miko charged up and started emmitting sparks of electricity and bolted at high speed at the Doro/Yajuu jutsu. She enevloped them in lightning and electrocuted the two simultaneously. Doro and Yajuu's charred bodies fell to the ground, and then slowly returned to mud.

"I knew it, I was right!" Shai declared. "This is no time to be bragging, these guys are seriously BAD and their sensei is probably up ahead so let's go get 'em!" Miko said. "What are you CRAZY!" Shai yelled, "Tanzou is injured and you heard what Yoichi-Sensei told us! Are you TRYING to get us all killed!?" Shai scolded Miko. "If you're too afraid to go and fight for your purpose then that's perfectly fine, just admit. So stop hiding behind that BRAIN of yours, sometimes there's a time to just DITCH thinking and just start listening to your HEART!" Miko yelled before turning and running on ahead. Shai gasped, she was shocked by Miko's tenacity. Shai checked on Tanzou who was out cold by the hard fast hit to his head. "I can't just leave him..." Shai looked around. Perched atop a high tree branch was a cute little flying squirrel with round purple eyes, watching her movements.

Miko appeared in a clearing and found Yoichi searching the parameter. "Yoichi-Sensei!" Miko called. He turned around, "Miko, I thought I told you..." "To stay at home, blah, blah, blah!" Miko replied. "Miko, whether you realize this or not this is a serious matter, involving murder and forbidden jutsu." Yoichi explained. "I know, I just had a run in with the Moto-Three." Miko said. "Doro's group?" Yoichi responded. "Yeah, they were way too powerful and knew these fancy jutsu like this one called 'Twin Fang jutsu', and other stuff." Miko added. "The 'Twin Fang', jutsu a water-style?" Yoichi wondered. "Yeah, it was really fast and dangerous." Miko confirmed. "That is an A-ranked jutsu, that is only learned by the most deadly of jounin." Yoichi said. "Someone is teaching these genin forbidden and advanced jutsu for a reason..." Yoichi affirmed. "Oh really, and what reason would that be?" a man's voice called from within the shadows of the forest.

Miko and Yoichi turned to find Mizaru standing about twenty-five feet away from them. "It's been some time...Yoichi Kotado..." Mizaru said. "Mizaru...the famed 'Ookami-Seijinn', what a waste!" Yoichi replied. "Oh Yoichi, your words are like salt to my bloody wounds, why do you pain me so?" Mizaru asked, feigning being hurt. "You can stop pretending to be Moto-Sensei's apprentice now, we already know he's been killed. Tell me...why have you returned?" Yoichi demanded. "How many years has it been now, five- since I left?" "You mean 'exiled'." Yoichi corrected. "No. I left of my own volition, in order to pursue my agenda...to become a shinobi God!" Mizaru said. "Shinobi God?" Miko wondered aloud. "Mizaru has mastered over a hundred different jutsu." Yoichi explained. "A hundred? Try over a thousand," Mizaru scoffed "Yes my feats were quite amazing, just like when I kill the Gorokage and become the leader Sandagakure deserves, and things will be very different!" Mizaru declared. "You may be revered as one of the Kiseki-Goninshu, however you're nothing compared to the raw power of the Gorokage!" Yoichi replied. "Hmph! Idiot, I figured you were a Gorokage-Lover, either way I'll get what I want...I always do!" Mizaru said clapping his hands together and summoning a gigantic monster wolf to emerge from the ground beneath him. Miko and Yoichi watched as Mizaru rose above them. "Mizaru! You tarnish the name of the Kiseki-Goninshu!" Yoichi yelled at him. "You are forgetting that the current status of the 'goninshu' is now down to three, so you mean to say is 'sanninshu'." Mizaru corrected. "Rei...Shime`, I have no doubt that they would turn in their graves if they knew what you were up to now!" Yoichi shouted. Mizaru laughed evily, "You have no idea..." Ueda, the giant wolf-sage snorted a big blast of wind and levitated into the sky and flew away.
Chapter end notes: Exposition Arc...