TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Skater Chick by lovelycurse4912

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Well, here is the first chapter! This is my first Naruto fanfic, so I would love some feed back (good and bad). I only own the things you don't recognize and the plot. The rest belongs to Masashi-sensei, but he can have those too, if he wishes.
“Sakura. Sakura. Damn it! SAKURA!” I heard someone shout to me. I opened one eye to take a look at who had the nerve to wake me from my sleep, staring down at me was my big brother, Morio.

“Get off me,” I told him, pushing him away from me, which caused him to trip on an unpacked box that was behind him. “Serves you right,” I muttered, pulling the covers over my eyes. I heard Morio grumble about ‘annoying and arrogant pink-headed demons’ before I felt my covers get ripped off me and being pulled off my bed.

“Up. Come on Sakura-chan. It’s our first day at our new school. Do you want to make a bad impression?” he thought for a moment. “Wait, don’t answer that.”

I smirked. “Fine. I’m up. Happy?”

“Ecstatic. Now get ready, and if I come up and find you still asleep, your going to be walking to school for the rest of the month,” he warned. I was about to say something but he cut me off, “And I’ll take your skateboard.” He said looking smug.

“Humph,” I grumbled as he walked out the door. Our parents move us a lot, which doesn’t affect them, considering that they aren’t here most of the time. You see, well my parents travel a lot. They used to take Morio and I, but we got in trouble for missing to much school. So now, while they are in foreign countries, we are stuck at wherever we are living at the time. Now, we are stuck in Konoha.

I took a quick shower and put on a pair of black baggy jeans, an army print t-shirt, and my trusty black high-tops. I glanced in the mirror, what I saw staring back at me was a slim, skater chick with a wide forehead, emerald green eyes, and pink hair. I shrugged and went down stairs.

“Hey. Hungry?” Morio asked me, looking at me.

“Nope. Let us go!” I shouted, pointing to the door that led to the garage, and taking gigantic steps towards it. Morio smiled, as he followed me to his blue truck.

“Got your bag?” he asked me as we were driving to our new school.

“You know, normally, that’s something someone would ask before they leave the house,” I told him, matter-of-factly.

“Do you have it?” he asked again. I reached behind me and picked up my black and red messenger bag.

“Skateboard?” he asked. Again, I reached behind me and pulled out my skateboard. After a few more minutes of silence, Morio said, “We’re here.” I looked up to see us parked in front of a huge building crawling with teenagers. We started attracting attention almost as soon as we stepped out of the car.

Morio smirked at me, “You ready?’ he asked.

“One minute,” I told him, running back to the truck and pulling out my skateboard. Returning to the bottom of the stairs where he was waiting I said, “Okay. Let’s roll.” With that we walked up the stairs, receiving many odd stares (A/N Ha! Get it? Stairs Stares? No? Oh…well…okay then lol).

When we walked to the office (well, Morio walked. I skateboarded) we where greeted by a young woman with shoulder-length blonde hair. “Hello,” she smiled.

“Hello,” Morio smiled back. I was to engulf in riding my skateboard around the office to reply. “My sister and I are new here…” he trailed off.

“Oh, of course. What are your names?” she asked, walking to a filing cabinet.

“I’m Haruno Morio and she is Haruno Sakura,” he stated, keeping an eye on me. He was always taking care of me; he’s been like that since we were little. Always yelling at the boys who picked on me, though it didn’t help much, considering I always beat them up myself.

“Ah, here we are,” she said handing our schedules to Morio.

“Thanks,” he said walking towards the hall, motioning for me to follow. When we were out side the office, he handed me my schedule. “I gotta go find my homeroom. I’ll see you later though, okay?” I nodded. He started walking away, but turned, “And Sakura?”

“Yeah?”

“Don’t get into to much trouble,” he smirked. He knew I had a knack for trouble.

“No promises!” I told him, turning away and riding towards my new homeroom.

After about five minutes of searching, I reached the room to find that most the other kids were already there. ‘Oh, this will be fun!’ I thought, adjusting my hat. I skated into the room, maneuvering around desks until I got to the window seat in the back row. After sitting down, I realized that everyone was staring at me as if I had three heads.

Soon, a spiky blonde haired boy got up and stood in front of me saying, “What are you all looking at? Don’t you have anything better to do?” with that, everyone went back to doing whatever they were doing before I came in. “Hey,” he said to me.

“Hey,” I nodded.

“Uzumaki Naruto,” he told me, taking the chair out of the desk in front of me and sitting backwards in it.

“Haruno Sakura,” I replied.

“Those were some cool moves on your board there,” he told me smiling. I realized that he was kind of annoying but nice.

I leaned on my desk, “You ride?”

“Yeah. Hey, some friends and me were gonna hit the skate park after school. You in?” he asked.

“Sure.” I nodded, realizing that I had made my first friend in this town.

He leaned on his chair, “So, where you move from?”

“Oh, Village Hidden in the Waves,” I told him, unaware that there were again eyes on us.

“Yo Naruto. What are you doing?” asked a kid with short brown hair, fierce wolf like dark brown eyes, and a dog on his head.

“Hey Kiba. This is Sakura-Chan,” Naruto said gesturing towards me.

“Hey.” I said, nodding in greeting.

“’Sup?” Kiba said, “And this is Akamaru.” He indicated towards the dog on his head. The dog barked happily.

“He’s cute,” I commented. Kiba’s eyes got big.

“Dude, is that your board?” Kiba asked me, I nodded. “Let’s see something.”

“’K.” I nodded standing up, and indicating for Kiba to move to the side, which he did. I steered myself around the desks, when I got to the front of the room I did a double kick flip, to which Naruto started to clap. Kiba still didn’t seem to impressed so I one of my favorite moves, a Heelie.

After a few more tricks, it was obvious that a few of the girls were jealous, not of my moves, but of all the attention I was getting from the boys. I honestly was not to surprise when I saw a book land right in front of me. Not being able to go around it, I ended up crashing. I waited for the blow of pain to infiltrate my body but it never came. After a few seconds, I slowly opened my eyes and found myself staring into another face.

This one was very good looking. For a few moments I found myself staring into his black eyes. We were broken out of our trance by a girl screaming, “Get away from him you little skank.” I felt the anger inside me bubble as I jumped out of his arms and turned to glare at the group of girls.

“Who said that?” I asked, advancing on the group. A girl a few inches shorter than me with brown hair that reached her waist stepped forward, her hands on her hips. My pace quickend, soon I launched at her with full force.

I felt myself being pulled off of the pathetic girl. They were holding me by my waist, my arms and legs still trying to get at her. Then I heard a smooth voice in my ear, “Settle down.” I turned to glare at who ever was holding me back and came face to face with the same person who caught me before. He took me over to Naruto.

“Sakura-Chan! That was awesome! Cherusii didn’t even know what hit her,” Naruto told me as the boy set me down. I pulled at the bottom of my shirt to get out the ruffles.

“Thanks, Naruto. That bitch deserved what was coming to her,” I fixed my hat.

Kiba smiled at me, “I got to admit you got style, Sakura.”

“Um…thanks?” Unsure if it was a compliment.

“Yeah,” Kiba took the seat to my right.

“Well Kiba, Naruto. Looks like you got her under control,” started the black haired kid.

“Wait a minute! Under control? Who the hell do you think you are?” I screamed at him. I hated it when people talked about me as if I were a problem that needed fixing.

“Wow, Sakura-Chan. Take it easy. It’s just Sasuke,” Naruto told me, standing up.

I was about to retort when I got cut off. “What’s that supposed to mean, dobe?”

“Sasuke, you too. Settle down!” Naruto said.

“Just answer me, you jackass!” the kid yelled, I think his name was Sasuke, as he started to advance on Naruto.

“Hey, back off! What’s your problem?” I yelled, glaring up at him, he was about 6 inches taller than me.

“My problem? I’m not the one who’s with the mental case!” he screamed back at me.

“Who are you calling mental!” Naruto yelled from somewhere behind me.

“You!”

“Well you know wh…” I cut Naruto off by raising my fist and at the same moment felt myself being pulled back.

“What the fuck is up with you people and pulling me around by my goddamned waist!” I screamed to no one in particular, but it seemed that my little out burst got the entire class’s attention.

“Aw yes, you must be our new student. Haruno Sakura, isn’t it?” I heard the voice ask me and my feet were placed on the ground. I quickly turned around to see a gray haired (not in the sense that he was old, but his hair was literally gray) man with a mask covering most of his face looking amused. I nodded.

“Well, it’s lovely to meet you. I am Professor Kakashi. It seems that you have stirred up a few fights here,” he looked skeptical at me. I shrugged in response.

“Anyway, welcome to Kohona High,” he turned to the rest of the class, “Sorry I’m late. I got—”

“You liar!” Naruto shouted at him. Professor Kakashi shrugged.

“Well, Ms. Haruno. Why don’t you introduce your self?” he asked, taking a seat in his desk. The rest of the class sat down and looked up at me expectantly.

“I’m Haruno Sakura. I just moved here from the Village Hidden in the Waves,” I said shrugging and sat down.

“Well, Sakura. What do you like to do in your spare time?” he asked.

I stood up again. “I like to skateboard and write.”

“Very good. Does anyone have any questions for her?” he asked the class. Many hands shot up.

I pointed to a girl with buns on the side of her head. “I’m TenTen. How long have you been skateboarding?” she asked.

“Like since I was nine,” I told her shrugging. I pointed next to a beautiful girl with long blonde hair.

“I’m Ino. Do you usually get into a lot of fights?” she asked me, her head tilted to the right.

“I don’t know. When people piss me off, yeah.” I told her, this was getting boring very fast.

“Well that’s enough questions. Let’s get to work.” Kakashi said, standing up.

SASUKE P.O.V.

“So, Neji. Who are you going to the dance with?” I asked my best friend as we walked down the halls of Kohona high.

“I was thinking of asking TenTen. What about you?” he asked as he walked over to his locker, which was beside mine.

“TenTen? That’s cool. I’m not to sure,” I responded as I picked out my books.

“What about Ino? She likes you,” Neji laughed as we walked to homeroom.

“Ino? I don’t think so. I wish that there was a girl that could challenge me, you know?” I turned to him.

“Oh yes, must be terrible have beautiful women falling at your feet. I pity you,” he mocked concern smirking at me.

“You know what I’m mean. It’s just that all the girls here, save the ones that are taken,” I looked at a glaring Neji, who was thinking of TenTen, “Like me. It’s annoying. If there was one girl with the guts to turn me down,” I sat on a bench, “Man, that would be hot.” (A/N This in getting somewhat One Tree Hill-y, isn’t it?)

“Uh, okay. This conversation is officially freaking me out. Let’s just get to class, okay?” he asked me, looking scared. I nodded and got up.

When we got to class, I saw a beautiful pink-haired girl skating around the desks, doing tricks every so often. The baka, Naruto smiling and nodding in approval. Neji and I stood there watching for a few moments when a book was thrown in front of her board. Unable to maneuver around it, she closed her eyes.

Without thinking, I jumped in front of her and caught her in my arms before she hit the ground. After a few moments, she opened her eyes, revealing enchanting emerald green orbs, staring into my own black ones. We were like that a few moments, when a girl interrupted our trance by calling her a skank.

The pink-haired girl obviously didn’t like that because she leapt out of my arms and questioned to the group, “Who said that?” her voice was sweet, but sharp at the same time, and was currently dripping with venom. Cherusii stepped forward, feeling brave, I guess, or stupid.

The new girl lunged at the brunette, tackling her to the ground. After a few moments of shock, I came to my senses and pulled the pink-haired ball of fire off the idiotic brunette.

“Settle down,” I whispered in her ear, she turned to glare daggers at me as I brought her over to Naruto and Kiba, who seemed to be waiting for her to finish her spat.

After I set her down, Naruto congratulated her on tackling Cherusii. Then I heard Kiba calling her Sakura. ‘Cute name,’ I thought.

“Well, Kiba, Naruto. It looks like you’ve got her under control,” I told them, but before I could leave the Sakura girl turned to glare at me.

“Wait a minute. Under control? Who the hell do you think you are?” she screamed at me. Apparently she didn’t like what I said.

Naruto, being the dobe he is, cut in, “Wow, Sakura-chan. Settle down, it’s just Sasuke.” He told her. ‘Just Sasuke? I’m not just anything, damnit!’

“What’s that supposed to mean, dobe?” I asked him, glaring daggers at the blonde haired idiot before me.

“Sasuke, you too. Settle down!” he told me. I didn’t need to settle down! I wanted an explanation!

I started to advance on him, “Just answer me, you jackass!” I yelled. I was continuing advancing on him, when the pink haired girl stepped in front of me.

“Hey, back off! What’s you problem?” she glared up at me, there was no doubt I was taller than her and her skate bum friends.

“My problem? I’m not the one who’s with the mental case!” I shot back at her, indicating to Naruto behind her.

Even Naruto could tell who I was talking about apparently, because he shouted, “Who are you calling mental?”

“Well, you know wh-” Naruto was cut off by the new girl about to punch me, when Professor Kakashi ran up and pulled her away by her waist.

“What the fuck is up with you people and pulling me by my goddamned waist?” she screamed at either him or me. I wasn’t sure which.

“Aw yes, you must be our new student. Haruno Sakura, isn’t it,” Kakashi asked, setting her down. Haruno Sakura, cute new girl with a sharp tongue, eh? She nodded to his question.

Kakashi looked at her, “Well, it’s lovely to meet you. I am Professor Kakashi. It seems that you have stirred up a few fights here.” Sakura smirked and shrugged. Kakashi nodded. After a few moments of conversation and Naruto calling him a liar, he asked Sakura to introduce herself.

She stood up. “I’m Haruno Sakura. I just moved here from the Village Hidden in the Waves,” she said, shrugging and trying to sit back down.

“Well, Sakura. What do you like to do in your spare time?” he asked.

She stood up again. “I like to skateboard and write.”

“Very good. Does anyone have any questions for her?” he asked the class.

She pointed to Neji’s crush, TenTen. “I’m TenTen. How long have you been skateboarding?” she asked.

“Like since I was nine,” The girl looked bored, then pointed to Ino.

“I’m Ino. Do you usually get into a lot of fights?” she asked, she probably was actually curious. Ino isn’t that smart.

“I don’t know. When people piss me off, yeah.” She smiled then sat down. Then Kakashi continued on with the lesson.

During the middle of class I got a note, this one was from Neji. ‘Look’s like you got your wish, a girl with the guts to turn you down. To bad she hates you now.’ I looked and saw Neji paying attention, but with a smirk on his face.

I scribbled back ‘Clever. But I will get her to go to the dance with me. Just watch!’

SAKURA P.O.V.

The rest of the first half of the day went relatively smoothly. When I walked into the lunchroom with Naruto, Kiba, and another kid who I had become friends with, a lazy ass named Shikamaru, the talking stopped considerably.

“So where to boys?” I asked, ignoring the hungry looks from a large amount of the male population.

“Come on,” Naruto said as the others started walking to a table near the back that was obviously off limits to the general public. I sat down by Kiba and across from Shikamaru, who was left of Naruto.

After a few moments of conversation, two girls sat down. A blonde girl from my art class with blonde hair that was in four ponytails and a girl with short black almost purple hair and white eyes. The blonde sat by Shikamaru and the one with white eyes sat by Naruto.

“Oh, Sakura. This is Temari. She’s my girlfriend. And that’s Hinata, she’s dating Naruto.” Shikamaru explained, gesturing first to the blonde then the black haired one.

“Oh hey,” I said nodding to them.

“Hey. Your in my art class, huh?” the blonde asked, smiling. I nodded.

“And you look familiar, too,” I told the girl named Hinata. She smiled.

“Yes, I s-suppose I m-might. I’m in y-your M-math class,” Hinata smiled shyly.

“Oh, sorry.” I smiled sheepishly.

“D-don’t worry it’s o-okay,” she nodded. We talked for a few minutes, and then I felt someone come up and rest their arms on my shoulders, then lean on me resting their head on the top of my own.

I saw Kiba and Naruto glare at him; they obviously didn’t like people coming back to their table. “Dude, what’s your problem?” Kiba asked. I smiled at the worked up boy.

“It’s cool, Kiba,” I told him before turning around and kissing the person on the cheek. Everyone at the table looked shocked, especially after the person sat down and started picking at my fries.

“Hey, those are mine,” I whined like a child at him, he laughed and shoved one in my mouth.

“Um…?” Temari looked at me. I smiled as I finished eating the food in my mouth.

“Oh, yes. Introductions. Okay. This,” I gestured to the person on my right, “Is my big brother, Morio,” he smiled and nodded in greeting. “And these, Morio, are my friends. Temari, Shikamaru, Naruto, Hinata, Kiba, and Akamaru.” I pointed to each one in turn.

“Pleased to meet you guys,” Morio smiled, shaking his shaggy light brown hair out of his eyes.

“Yeah. Sorry about that man. Can’t have a random stranger come up and start, you know, being like odd to one of our friends, especially if our friend is a girl.” Kiba said. (A/N: he didn’t mean it in a weird way)

“Hey, Sakura. I like these friends of yours. Now you’ve got protection when I’m not around.” Morio smirked.

Then Naruto, who I realized said a lot of stuff with out thinking blurted out, “Not like she needs protection, though. Kiba, you saw her against Cherusii.” I slapped my forehead with my hand.

Morio looked at me, “You got into another fight? Sakura, come on!”

Kiba cut in, “But that chick was asking for it. Seriously, first when Sakura was skating around the room (cause Naruto and I wanted to see some moves) she through a book at her. Then called her a skank! She asked for it!” Yay, someone actually tried to defend me (other than Morio, that is).

“Hm…” Morio contemplated the excuse, “Fine. But no more today! Oh, and I know you like your bad girl rep and all, but please, please, no lighting anymore desks on fire.” He begged. I shrugged in response that was a fun day I recalled.

“Well, I got to go. They,” he pointed to a group of seniors at a middle table, “are waiting for me. Play nice,” he walked away.

“Wait!” I called after him. He turned and walked back, “I’m going to the skate park after school,” I told him he nodded and walked away.

“Wait. That’s your brother?” Temari asked, astounded. I nodded.

“Yeah.”

“That is so cool! I have two brothers too. But they’re in our grade. Gaara and Kankuro,” Temari smiled.

“That’s awesome. Morio is two years older though. He rocks,” I smiled, eating what was left of my fries.

“I’m oldest. But they still try and take care of me. It’s so annoying, them getting mad when I guy starts hitting on me! I mean come on. That’s what Shika’s for.” She smiled devishily, we continued talking for the rest of the lunch hour. I found out that Hinata has a cousin who sometimes acts like her big brother. Neji, I think his name was.

The bell went off, signaling the end of our lunch hour. “Okay, that is officially the most annoying bell I have ever heard.” I declared as Kiba, Temari, and I walked towards the Science room. Naruto, Hinata, and Shikamaru had other classes.

We kept walking until we reached the room, before we entered, Temari warned me, “Sakura. This teacher, Orochimaru, is a complete freak. Not kidding, be careful, okay? He isn’t to kind, either.” I nodded, and then we walked into the room.

As soon as I saw the teacher the inner me thought, ‘She wasn’t lying.’
‘No, duh!’ He reminded me immensely of a snake. He had very pale skin, black hair, and yellow freaky snake eyes that sent shivers down my spine. What was the worst though, was the evil aura he gave off, like he wanted to watch you die slowly and painfully with his yellow eyes.

‘Do you have any clue how creepy that just sounded?’ she asked me.
‘Nope. But it’s true, isn’t it?’
‘Well ya, but still.’
‘Just shut up!’

He turned to look at me and smiled, which made me want to run and hide behind Morio, “You must be our new student. Welcome, my name is Professor Orochimaru. Please take a seat by, hmm…” he consulted a seating chart on his desk, “Uchiha Sasuke.” He finished with that smile again. I’m guessing I looked confused, because Temari, steered my shoulders around desks until we reached on in the back, behind a boy that looked very familiar in some way.

After I sat down, I asked, “Do I know you from somewhere?”

The kid turned around and smirked, but before he could answer I cut him off, “Your that dude!”

“I suppose I am, aren’t I?” his smirk was pissing me off.

“I hope you are or this little conversation we’re having would be all for nothing,” I smirked straight back, ‘Oh ya, that got him,’ my inner self told me.

He smiled and leaned closer to me, “Aw, that would be an immense pity, wouldn’t it?”

‘Oh, he’s good,’ my inner me told me again. ‘Shut up. I can take him!’ I was not about to loose my pride to my alter ego. That would be down right disgraceful. “That it would. So it’s save to assume that we both think that you are that guy that I first thought you were, correct?” (A/N J Oh, This is fun!)

“I certainly hope so. Or it could be some bizarre coincidence that you and I had similar scenarios that happened sometime with people that oddly resembled each other,” Sasuke (I think that’s his name)’s ebony eyes shined from the sun.

‘Ha! Just admit it! This guy is way better than you!’ Inner Sakura screamed.
‘That would mean that he was better than you, Miss. I’m-So-Smart.’ I informed her. ‘Shit! Your right! You’d better win this!’

“Now, that certainly would be a bizarre coincidence. Though, that would mean, that the person who I had met who oddly resembled you from said bizarre coincidence would have your, dare I say it, extremely odd hair style. Which I have never seen on anyone else in all of my life,” ‘oh yes. That rocked. The dude is speechless. I win! Haha!’ The inner me started to do an extremely odd victory dance.

‘Don’t do that,’
‘Your just jealous of my friggin awesome moves,’ she retorted.
‘Oh, yes. That must be it,’ I replied sarcastically.

“So I think it is extremely safe to say that yes I am the dude from you mishap this morning with Cherusii.” He smirked again. ‘WTF! How can he do that?’ she yelled. ‘Do what?’
‘Still smirk like that!’
‘Oh, no clue.’

“That’s good. It would be rather odd if you weren’t, wouldn’t it?” I asked, we had, by now; both leaned in until we were about a foot apart.

“How so?”

“Because, that would mean that you knew about my ‘mishap’ with Cherusii, which would rather make you look like somewhat of a stalker.”

“I guess it would,” he laughed. ‘He has a cute laugh,’ she told me.

‘Eww! Just got back from lunch!’ I yelled back. We didn’t get along very well, my inner self and I. “What’s your name anyway?” I asked him. He looked confused, probably because most girls at this school knew every thing about him and followed him around.

“Uchiha Sasuke.”

“Oh. I’m Haruno Sakura.” I told him, putting out my hand. My brother often told me that I’m too polite to be a skater.

He shook my hand, “I already know that. We have two classes together so far.”

“Oh. Ohhh yeah. Homeroom, which is English and Science. Sorry,” I apologized, blushing at my forgetfulness.

“For what? Why should I be mad for that?” he asked, looking amused.

“You know, Uchiha Sasuke, you are one strange guy.” I informed him.

“Ha. Haruno Sakura I could say the same to you. But you know, change the guy thing.” I laughed. Sasuke smiled, both of us oblivious to the glares we were receiving.

“Okay, class. Let’s begin,” Orochimaru began. For the rest of the day, it seemed that everyone avoided me except my newfound friends.