TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Breakup Plan by Sorca5

[Reviews - 6]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I'm sorry it toook longer than I expected to get this chapter up and running, but you'll be happy to know it's a bit longer than my other chapters. Not by much though. I hope you like this story so far.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Sakura and Kiba were at their frequent meeting spot, under a tall Sakura tree in the middle of a clearing that was always in shadow. She was almost finished telling Kiba about the previous night's events with Naruto.

''And that's what he said. This completely throws everything we've been working for out of line.'' Sakura was in a minor panic. Now how will she pull this off? Naruto would only forgive her if she apologized to Hinata the shock of the.....future events would be less hurtful, but still hurtful, yes. But Hinata being hurt even worse was part of the plan to make her more miserable, and an easy target.

''Not necessarily,'' Kiba said. "There is a way to...''

''Wait, I got it!'' Sakura interrupted. ''If I create a clone and henge it into Hinata, I could pull it off.'' Sakura was sure this was the perfect idea.

''You're close, but how convincing would you be as Hinata?''

''Easy, I just have to act shy and stutter.''

''But don't you think Naruto would be able to tell you're not Hinata if you just act shy? He obviously knows her a lot better now that he spends more time with her than anyone.''

''Then what do you suggest?''

Kiba smirked. ''I should henge into Hinata and act as her. I do know her way better than you.''

Sakura seemed displeased to Kiba. But then again, he hadn't really known the pink haired kunoichi for that long of a time. Sakura was still a mystery to him. A minute passed. Two. Then Kiba realized she was ticked. But what had he done, really? He'd just had a better idea than her, is all. Oh wait, that was the problem

''What? I just said know Hinata much better than you. Is that so bad?''

''You didn't have to say it that way.''

''What way?''

''Oh, never mind.''

Kiba sighed. He would never understand women.

----ELSEWHERE--------

Hinata was on her way towards the bridge where Narto usually met his team. He had asked to meet her there for some unknown reason. It wasn't something Naruto had ever done before. If they were ever going on a date, he would tell her at the end of their last one, and they'd carry on like that. But Hinata wasn't complaining. She hadn't been dating Naruto for very long, but she had a small idea of what he wanted. It was probably something of a date, or maybe he was giving her a present. She had been thinking more of what Naruto could be planning when Neji and Tenten walked up to her.

''Hi Hinata! What are you doing here, standing on this bridge alone?'' Tenten asked. She was holding Neji's arm tight.

''Hai, Tenten. I'm just waiting for Naruto-kun to arrive.''

''Oh, are you two going on a date?'' Tenten smiled brightly and put her head on Neji's shoulder, to which he rolled his eyes.

''I d-don't know, maybe. He didn't tell me.''

Naruto arrived on the bridge and walked up to Hinata and hugged her side. ''Hi Hinata.'' He then kissed her forehead before he realized Neji and Tenten were watching. He released his grip on her and blushed.

''Aw, look at them, they're so cute.'' Tenten said with a giggle. Now Naruto and Hinata blushed harder. ''Oh, don't mind us,'' She said. ''Go ahead and tell Hinata why you asked her here.''

''Actually, I asked her here so we could tell everyone we're dating,'' Naruto said. "Up until now it's been a secret.''

''That's so great,'' Tenten. ''Hey, I've got a great idea. Why don't we have a double date?'' Neji's eyes widened when she said this.

''Hang on Tenten,'' Neji spoke up quickly. "Maybe you shouldn't...''

''Relax Neji, it'll be fun. Remember the restaraunt we went to on our first date? Let's go there!''

''But I wanted to show everyone that Hinata and I where dating.'' Naruto said.

''You can hold hands along the way; let the gossip take care of everything. Let's go.''

''But the restaraunt doesn't serve ramen.'' Neji pointed out. He seemed eager to get out of this double date. ''And we know Naruto, he needs ramen. So, as much as I'd love to go on this double date...''

''I think it's a good idea,'' Naruto interrupted. "And I don't mind there not being any ramen. It's not like it's all I eat.'' Naruto seemed eager to do this.

''It costs to much.''

''I'll pay anyway.''

''It takes hours to get a table.''

''I'll wait as long as it takes.''

''Stop arguing,'' Tenten interrupted. "We'll just go somewhere else.''

They finally settled on eating takeout on a picnic table in the park hardly anyone visited. It was the only place with enough privacy that even Neji couldn't object to. All the while, Hinata was still shocked at what Naruto had said. He wanted to announce to everyone that they were dating? He didn't care what anybody else thought? She smiled. Naruto was being more confident than before now, if that were possible. It was then that she felt a hand grab hers and guide her off the bridge.

Still a little unsure of what just happened, Hinata walked with Naruto towards the park. It took her a moment to realise that she was going on a double date with Neji and Tenten, and that Naruto was holding her hand. But she immediately noticed the stares they recieved as they were on their way. Their friends were smiling at them, the teachers nodded their approvsl, and strangers....they're strangers, who cares what they think. But some of the stares from the elders were hard to ignore. There was dissapointment in some stares, disgust in others, and daggers in the eldest of them. But Naruto's presence was enough to wipe away any bad feelings as quickly as they came. When they came to the table Tenten and Hinata sat on seperate sides of the table.

''You ladies sit here while Neji and I get the food,'' Naruto chimed. "Hinata, what do you want to eat?''

''J-just some ramen would be f-fine Naruto-kun," she answered. "Thank you.''

''We'll be back so...'' Neji said as they were about to leave.

''Wait,'' Tenten interrupted. ''You didn't ask me what I wanted.''

''Don't worry, I know what you like." And with that the boy's left, leaving the shy Hyuuga and the weapons master alone to talk.

''So Hinata,'' Tenten chimed, "you finally got Naruto to notice you, huh? I bet that was easier than you thought right?''

Hinata thought back to all the events that tookplace for Naruto to notice her, really notice her. Although at the end of it all she was happy, most of it was sad. Naruto had told her he didn't love her, and even though he didn't mean it, it still hurt. But she couldn't tell Tenten all that, could she? Would Tenten be interested in all that? And more importantly, was she really alright with revealing all that to the weapons master? Did she need to talk to Naruto about all this before she could tell anyone else?

''Um...well, n-not exactly. It w-was harder than I thought it would b-be.'' Hinata looked down at the mahogany table and studied it for a minute, which soon became two, then three. The more she thought of it, the more tragic it became. But then she remembered the kiss that came at the end and smiled to herself. Something she never thought would ever happen before happened. Her first kiss was with Naruto. She faced Tenten again. ''But the important thingis that I'm finally with Naruto. And that makes everything worth it.''

Hinata felt two arms wrap around her in a tight happy hug. ''So being with me makes it all worth it, right?''. Hinata blushed as Naruto kissed her forehead and sat down next to her, placing the two bowls of ramen he bought on their side of the table. Neji placed the food he ordered for Tenten and himself on their side of the table.

As time passed and the couples ate their food, Tenten kept hugging Neji's arm and saying how cute he usually was when they were alone. Neji kept rolling his eyes, saying she was a bit embarrasing. Everytime it seemed Tenten would get mad at him, Neji would pull her into a long kiss while Naruto and Hinata looked off to the side. And every chance he got, Naruto held Hinata's hand other the table, which would then be followed by a blush from the younger Hyuuga.

After they had finished their meal it was about to become dark, so Naruto and Hinata bid the other couple farewell and the two pairs went their seperate ways. Naruto decided to walk Hinata home. They crossed the bridge where they met and were now nearing the Hyuuga compound.

''So, that went well, right?''

''Yes Naruto-kun, it was great.''

''You don't seem so happy/''

''Sorry Naruto-kun. I just...''

Naruto stopped walking. ''Go on.''

''I j-just feel like this is to good to be t-true. Like something bad is going to happen.''

Naruto grabbed the young Hyuuga's arm and gently squeezed it. ''Don't worry, nothing bad is going to happen. I'll make sure everything is alright. And with you by me, nothing will go wrong.'' Hinata smiled. There was that confidence she had fallen in love with. She rest her head on his shoulder and relaxed.

''But,'' Naruto added as they neared the complex, ''if by some small chance anything bad does happen, I'll fix it. Believe it!''